Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoMH Screenshot Tournament 3 - Results
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
posted 03 October 2009 09:01 AM EDT (US)   
Greetings, AoMH!

This thread is a brand new idea that has caught on extremely well at Spore Heaven, and was originally intended for this heaven. We are indebted to HealyWorks, who originally came up with this idea.

This is just for fun, this will be a knockout elimination tournament where participants will be given 3 days to create a screenshot that meets a certain randomly generated theme. There will be a large list of themes, and once each theme is used it will be removed from the list. You will be matched up with a randomly selected opponent to battle for a place in the next round. When everyone has posted their entries, the forum will open for votes. You obviously cannot vote for your own or your opponent's creation. More rules about voting will be posted at the appropriate time.

There are 16 slots here.

Age Of Mythology Heaven Creation Tournament 3

Results.

THYMOLE THYMOLE SirThobus
Theme: Castaway
CharlieDog Theme: Hell's Gate
SirThobus
Azur Sir Thobus Theme: Defiance
Theme: Sword and the stone
Sir Thobus HailToTheOboe
Guard Of Olympus Guard Of Olympus Guard Of Osiris
Theme: Robot uprising
Kai Hirogashi Theme: Desert Night
Theme: Immortality
Guard Of Osiris Guard Of Osiris
Theme: Zombie massacre
HealyWorks
perpetual_n00b
Theme: A day in the life of Cupid perpetual_n00b
KL_Hero
Theme: Haunted Forest HailToTheOboe
gamerrici HailToTheOboe
Theme: The last person on Earth HailToTheOboe
HailToTheOboe
Theme: Rebirth
ChickenWrap
Theme: Santa's workshop lostrozzacavalli
lostrozzacavalli
Theme: Mystic Lake Immortal_Anubite
Immortal_Anubite
Theme: Castle siege Immortal_Anubite
Skarr

To vote see post 281

Rules and how to play:

• To sign up, post your email in bold.
  • When you have completed your screenshot, email it to me. When all screenshots have been received, I will post them all and start off the voting. You may also include a small description. Do not show your screenshot to other people!
  • Mods are not allowed (this does not include custom lighting).
  • If you do not meet the creation deadline, you will be disqualified and your opponent shall win be default.
  • All screenshots for this competition must be made from scratch while this competition is being held. Previous screenshots are not allowed.
  • The tournament will begin when signups are full, and everyone will receive an email when this happens telling them to check this thread. After Round 1, entrants will receive personalised emails informing them of the theme, the deadline and their opponent.
  • Anyone can vote, even if you aren't participating.
  • The souls of the losers shall be consumed by the server.
  • No prizes, sorry. It's just for fun .

Players:

Replacements: WRP_Beater
    • THYMOLE
    • CharlieDog
    • Azur
    • Sir Thobus
    • Guard Of Olympus
    • Kai Hirogashi
    • Guard Of Osiris
    • Healyworks
    • perpetual_n00b
    • KL_Hero
    • gamerrici
    • HailToTheOboe
    • ChickenWrap
    • lostrozzacavalli
    • Immortal_Anubite
    • Skarr

Elrich won the last tournament, and has selected some sexy themes.
  •  

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 11-27-2009 @ 10:53 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 17 November 2009 10:42 PM EDT (US)     251 / 317  
    posted 17 November 2009 11:45 PM EDT (US)     252 / 317  
    Defiance:Those who defy the demon shall suffer in flames

Rebirth: Our god has risen once again
    posted 18 November 2009 00:57 AM EDT (US)     253 / 317  
    Defiance: Those who defy the demon shall suffer in flames

Rebirth: Vernal Renewal

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
    --------------------
    Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
    -Forums-
    posted 18 November 2009 02:05 AM EDT (US)     254 / 317  
    Well at least I have one vote...

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 18 November 2009 02:34 AM EDT (US)     255 / 317  

Your one is not so bad, GoO, but SirThobus' one is really awesome

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    posted 18 November 2009 02:38 AM EDT (US)     256 / 317  
    I was amazed when I first saw the shot. How did he do it? Anyway, the two greatest artists will meet in the final.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 18 November 2009 02:45 AM EDT (US)     257 / 317  
    There's a beautiful atmosphere... The dryads and the minotaurs look really like zombies, and you can almost touch the battle with your hand... beautiful pic .

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    posted 18 November 2009 02:47 AM EDT (US)     258 / 317  
    How did he make all units look like silhouettes? That's what I want to know.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 18 November 2009 03:15 AM EDT (US)     259 / 317  
    Probably a perfect combination between sun rotation/inclination and lighting color .

posted 18 November 2009 03:33 AM EDT (US)     260 / 317  

On the first one, I think the yellow one is great as well, I loved the idea and the messenger looks so poor *lol* Good scenery also.
    Problem is the tropical bright plain yellow lighting and rainbow spam... it looks like such a nice magical place. It makes you rather envy the messenger

The other one is well-composed and flawless... but after this one I have seen enough hell-themed shots for this year. The Hocus Pocus one was a bit better because it wasn't his typical style.

On the second one, the forest one is utterly nicely set up and has a great atmosphere and colours. Too bad the head of the horse is cut off, but it is still utterly great (rotting logs ftw)

The rising god one isn't bad either but you might want to put something in the background (black = not good) and focus a bit more on the action and zoom in a little... there is too much unrelated stuff in it... also, just because Hirogashi compulsively wraps everything up in rocks doesn't mean it looks good. Also you might want to pick a lighting suitable for the action. A rising god deserves something flashy

And lastly, I wish I wasn't the only one to actually say something about the shots (apart from "oh all entries are great"). We used to tell people honestly what they might want to improve, and it helped them a great deal. Maybe the current stagnation is caused by a lack of good advice. There are so many people posting stuff like "OMFG I'm never gonna win OMFG I don't have a chance" but they don't know what to improve, so maybe if some more experienced guys would step up and help? I think it would be very nice.

posted 18 November 2009 06:16 AM EDT (US)     261 / 317  
    Defiance - Defying the Weather

Rebirth - Vernal Renewal

Honourary Mention in the 2006 Pretty Town Contest
    A Unique Age of Mythology Experience:
    A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    posted 19 November 2009 06:57 AM EDT (US)     262 / 317  
    Those who defy the Demon shall suffer in flames
    Vernal Renewal

Coming Soon...
    Something Intresting...
    posted 19 November 2009 09:23 AM EDT (US)     263 / 317  

Well said, Relic. I also feel there has been too much "great shot" spoken glossing over mediocre shots and giving the false impression that they have reached a zenith of excellence. I also remind everyone that identified the shotmakers that voting is supposed to be anonymous. I don't have much to add that Relic hasn't said already but I'd like to praise this fantastic shot:

"Those who defy the demon shall suffer in flames" is a tournament winning level shot. It has fantastic use of colors and lightings to silhouette everything with the low inclination, but the misc stairs/smoke, healings and implodes to bring back some detail of the units. They grays smooth beautifully into the reds right into the dramatic focal point of the shot in the center. Each unit is posed carefully and every object speaks towards the feel of the shot. Excellent job!

I can't wait until I see how the two winners of this round interpret my final theme.....

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 19 November 2009 12:03 PM EDT (US)     264 / 317  
    Results:

Defiance: Those who defy the demon shall suffer in flames by SirThobus
    Rebirth: Vernal Renewal by HailToTheOboe

Commiserations to: Guard Of osiris and Immortal_Anubite

Let the finals begin!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 11-19-2009 @ 12:14 PM).]

posted 19 November 2009 01:02 PM EDT (US)     265 / 317  
    Wow, now I'm nervous! :O Up against Hail, which to me pretty much means up against god.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
    posted 19 November 2009 01:19 PM EDT (US)     266 / 317  
    Theme: Immortality
    Wow! I can't wait for see the screenshots of this beautiful theme!

posted 19 November 2009 02:19 PM EDT (US)     267 / 317  
    Where can I see the screenshots of the prevorious rounds?

Currently working on:
    A pirate thing. Move the ship with the WASD keys, shoot with Q and E, stop with R. I need some help with bugged conditions and effects or other things I can't do.
    So hurry to the question/trigger thread, because there's probably a question I asked
    posted 19 November 2009 03:03 PM EDT (US)     268 / 317  
    http://aom.heavengames.com/gallery/Screenshot_Tournament

posted 19 November 2009 04:28 PM EDT (US)     269 / 317  
    I'm especially looking forward to see what Thobus' nonscreenshot works can look like

Have you started any scenario?

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
    Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
    posted 19 November 2009 06:14 PM EDT (US)     270 / 317  
    Haha, maybe CCC next? Yeah, I've actually picked up an old project, had to start nearly from scratch, with only a few notes about it. The problem is that school is taking very much time, which leaves me with only a few hours left to work with AoM. Also, as I'm educated as a musician, much time is spent on preparing for gigs, school projects and so on.
    It's sad, because I my unfinished projects may have died because I get too tired on my spare time. But I'm spending as much time as I can to finish this one, at least. Then I hope I can get the steam up and maybe even get started on my dream project. :P

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
    posted 19 November 2009 09:50 PM EDT (US)     271 / 317  
    Hmm, that is certainly an epic theme. Good luck to both of ya.
    posted 19 November 2009 10:28 PM EDT (US)     272 / 317  
    Wow, now I'm nervous! :O Up against Hail, which to me pretty much means up against god.
    haha yeah right. I don't think god would be any good at making screenshots, at any rate.

Good luck, this should be fun!
    ostrich vs wolf!
    29!

Great themes, by the way. Elrich, you need to win a CSC :P

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 11-19-2009 @ 10:35 PM).]

posted 19 November 2009 11:34 PM EDT (US)     273 / 317  
    Wait what did CSC stand for?

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 20 November 2009 07:02 AM EDT (US)     274 / 317  
    Haven't played AoM online since ages, what does the 29 taunt says again?

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
    Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
    posted 20 November 2009 08:28 AM EDT (US)     275 / 317  
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AoMH Screenshot Tournament 3 - Results
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: