You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Multiplayer scenarios you'll be playing - let's get some hype!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 08 April 2014 04:10 AM EDT (US)   

Greetings mortals,

Tell us about the top few scenarios you really can't wait to play when AOMEE comes out. I'll compile a list and put it here and hopefully we can rekindle some memories of the best of times. This thread will look beautiful after my morning revision is done.

Perhaps we can put together an essential starter pack for the newcomers. (Yes, I did spend all of last night going throug my entire scenario folder, and it was good.)

Hopefully I can debug and tinker with some of my old maps and release them ALL on to steam shortly after the game comes out. I also remain undefeated on Minigames X . Got several new ideas for multiplayer scenarios too.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 08 April 2014 04:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 82  

Final fantasy tactics advance
Dear god this was a good RPG. Can't remember much about it but every inch of the map is used. It's quite a long game so playing to the end will mean you stay friends with your fellow companions!

Persona RPG V2
Same as above really. A beauty to behold and the best true 'free roam' RPG out there that I've seen. Lots of quests to keep you entertained before the bloodlust begins as you turn on each other!

Samelitan's Escape
Look at that map. Look at it. So well made, a true maze. Hunters and runners are chosen at random and then the fun begins. Oh I loved hiding out in here with about six hidden sky passages that the hunters would try and find. Hiding a tower on their doorstep so you can see their units but they can't see you was hilarious.

Mythodea Tactics by Cirrow
Mythodeas are popular, but some say they lack depth and strategy. This one will be an exception to the rule. It's not your typical mythodea and features many tactical twists.

BerryZ 2
Haven't played it in so long! A cute map and just fun to play and sabotage everyone else's berry production.

Supreme Pwnage
I personally think this one is a bit underrated but it is pure tactics. It's like nothing else when this game absorbs you. Do you mount an attack on the enemy or will they be coming to you? Do you dare scout alone? Build up your economy or rush?
The start may be a bit unbalanced, but the time it takes to mobilise your forces outweighs that.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 08 April 2014 07:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 82  
Rare Ulfsark for sure. I love that game mode. (Unless I'm the cat, in which case, it's not fun at all. XD)

But on a side note, do you think we'd have to change all the directories in our scenarios' readme's when Extended comes along? I think Extended will probably install stuff in the Steam folder, which means that all our sound filename effects may need to be changed. They may not even be compatible with the new AoM since they're defaulted to a soon obsolete directory.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 08 April 2014 07:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 82  
Well you were just saying how long I've been on the AoM scene for so I guess I'd better give something back

Heroines
# Heroines 1 - Beast of a scenario. It even has a detailed game analysis.
# Heroines 2: The Survival - Faster paced, larger armies, more spells.
# Heroines 3: Winter Solstice - Awesome new concept for the renowned game of Heroines.

Norse Wars 8.1 (or above)
A really good Bloodsport Random Map Script, which means random map every time and teams can be set before hand easily for a better placement and such things.

t a c t i c a l
One of the earlier (and much better) Mythodea/Bloodsports. You can actually counter no matter what the enemies throw at you with just the starting units available. Plus there's a lot of things to do not just a "stand here and win" scenario.

project extremely happy.
An excellent re-imagining of AoM's rock/paper/scissors counter system. Placed on an asymmetrical map for great justice, tactical plans are a must. The 3 players duke it out for control of the gold and the water. Gold for income and water for the best attack routes.

Adventurers 3 RPG
It's made by Oscar, so obviously you can expect quality and mind blowing eyecandy and techniques. It's something that has to be seen and not told lol.

MegaMan StarForce Time Crushers
A very solid RPG with a nice setting for those anime lovers and heaps of puzzles for those that are into that sort of thing. 3 Player.

Donkey Race 2 - AoM's version of Fast and the not so Furious. A very enjoyable game especially for those that do not take the game too seriously. Expect all sorts of scenery and events to happen. Dead ends, forks in the road, speed boosts and other abilities, sabotage and a bunch of other funny things will happen in your quest to get your donkey over the finish line.

Vampires by Hessu
Great game from Hessu. Sorta like a Cat and Mice/escape game but a lot more interesting. Vampires vs Vampire hunters. From memory the Vampire will kill the Fight Mode Vampire Hunters in a straight up fight but it normally isn'ta straight up fight. Vampires have 30 mins to kill the Hunters before the sun rises. The hunters have to collect gold to buy stuff but they can also steal the super vampire relic as well, and if they get it back a location then they win. Best part is though, if a Vampire Hunter dies then they continue playing as a Vampire so don't let the allies know too much about your plans because if one falls then all the Vampires now know your plans.

Treasure Hunt
A really creative game where you have to battle it out with other Treasure Hunters to find gold. It has an awesome respawning system (IMO) and keeps you interested with it's randomized locations and sick map design. Great for FFA or 2v2.

Supreme Pwnage, Persona and Final Fantasy Tactics are fantastic games but already listed I see

I personally enjoyed the World Maps and Survival scenarios but that may just be me ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 04-10-2014 @ 04:39 AM).]

posted 08 April 2014 08:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 82  
pwn the n00bs

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 04-08-2014 @ 06:06 PM).]

posted 08 April 2014 08:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 82  
I think Extended will probably install stuff in the Steam folder, which means that all our sound filename effects may need to be changed.
The sound filenames are all relative directory paths aren't they? They'd have to be or they would only work for the author of the file or those who have the exact same setup as the author.

Point is everything should be fine ~ Milky

posted 08 April 2014 10:43 AM EDT (US)     6 / 82  
I don't know about you guys, but I would be up to play (most of) the scenarios that end up on the list! How about we go and play them together at some point (like a scenario marathon)? I'm guessing everyone here is going to get the game.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 08 April 2014 11:27 AM EDT (US)     7 / 82  
dude an AoMH game night would be awesome.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 04-08-2014 @ 01:13 PM).]

posted 08 April 2014 11:28 AM EDT (US)     8 / 82  
I believe we call them forum parties .

Zen I've never heard about the ulfsark game you mentioned.

posted 08 April 2014 12:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 82  
what?! It's like cat and mouse, I think. Mice are ulfsarks that can build walls and towers, and the cat tries to kill them all.

posted 08 April 2014 12:30 PM EDT (US)     10 / 82  
Yeah Rare Ulfsark is just your basic cat and mouse scenario. It has been ages since the last forum party, probs cuz eso went down lol ~ Milky

posted 08 April 2014 01:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 82  
It has been ages since the last forum party, probs cuz eso went down lol
Well, I've never seen one before, sadly. I was kind of late in joining this community. :/

posted 08 April 2014 06:00 PM EDT (US)     12 / 82  
Pwn the n00bs, the one where you just chuck a million units out of your fortress etc.

One of the many random RPGs.

Oh God the memories

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 08 April 2014 11:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 82  
I will play ALL THE SCENARIOS. I'm most excited however that i'll now be able to finish one of mine. iv been working on it for quite a while, but never expected anyone other than a few of my personal friends to play it.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 09 April 2014 06:19 AM EDT (US)     14 / 82  
*Orders a four pack and eagerly awaits the revival*

Maker of Age of mythology Reviews and Total War Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/necrontyr1800
posted 09 April 2014 09:09 AM EDT (US)     15 / 82  
Zen I've never heard about the ulfsark game you mentioned.
I don't think I played it until I went onto Vanilla ESO, so if you stayed on AoMTT you would be unlikely to play it.
posted 09 April 2014 10:48 AM EDT (US)     16 / 82  
Yeah I used to have a broken TT version that didn't work online, so I only played vanilla.

posted 09 April 2014 01:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 82  
Project Clear Fountain - As ESO died, it was renamed gladiators by slack jawed half wits and countless edits and broken versions of the original flooded the servers. But it was one of the true greats.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 04-09-2014 @ 01:16 PM).]

posted 09 April 2014 07:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 82  
Project Clear Fountain
One of my favorites.
Heroines
Norse Wars 8.1 (or above)
t a c t i c a l
project extremely happy.
I don't even want to know how many hours I've spent playing these, especially Norse Wars...

I'd like to add virtually any of Xamoloxis' scenarios - he was a truly brilliant designer that, as far as I know, was not a part of any online community. His maps were all over ESO in the mid 2000s. I probably have a quite a few on my harddrive somewhere still... unfortunately I'm not sure if you can really find them online. His website is defunct now.

Wow this thread is actually making me really excited for AoMEE

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 09 April 2014 11:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 82  
I really don't remember any of Xamoloxis scenarios, you should definitely submit them to the DL section so we can all enjoy them ~ Milky

posted 10 April 2014 03:10 AM EDT (US)     20 / 82  
Never played clear fountain or extremely happy myself but oh yes I remember Norse Wars.

posted 10 April 2014 07:13 AM EDT (US)     21 / 82  
Project Clear Fountain, I must have played that one at least 100 times, if not a lot more. There were days where I would login to ESO and play that scenario for two hours straight. I think I've played all of the different versions/remakes of that scenario (I even played a weird-ass japanese remake of it with flying hippos, lazer bears and other ridiculous stuff).

Xamolxis, wasn't he the author of those race maps in which you control a goat and must avoid being captured by patrolling farmers, otherwise you have to start over? I've played all of his maps and they were excellent indeed (though his RPGs were not as good IMO).

There was also a scenario named Troy. It's a 3v3 scenario and one of the players in each team is a god who can cast helpful and harmful spells on the map and deploy units. The god players need favor from the other two players to be able to buy stuff from a shop. Favor is granted to the god if the other players capture and hold settlements. I've played that scenario loads of times. Great fun

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 10 April 2014 08:02 AM EDT (US)     22 / 82  
I loved Troy! I even submitted it to the DL section when I noticed it wasn't there ~ Milky

posted 10 April 2014 08:38 AM EDT (US)     23 / 82  
Just logged on to contribute because I have ALOT of favourites. Im also not putting the ones already posted norse wars etc. If you can find the download links that would be lovely.

1.Dannicks Escape(I couldnt find the Dl Link)

2.Forest Escape By Dizwayxe (any or all FE were good)

3.Defend your town I liked my own version only because it was the only half decent map Ive ever completed.

4.Hero tug / Raiders Tug(I couldnt find the Dl link)

5. Cat and Mouse "Raiders" (again couldnt find it)

6.Age of Castles By demigodseer

7. Art Of Defense~ (nope.jpg)

8. Escape 4 Worlds (by nottud) Im not sure

9.Mount Impossible A.K.A Dodge the dummies
10. Sheeps Escape

11. Vampires by Hessu (Such memories first game)

12. Zone control
Honorable Mentions
*Cannibal Survival
*StarGate SG 8P
*Norse wars
*All tower defence games
*Project Clear Fountain (gotta love it)
*Gaints Run
*Castle Blood
*Capture the Flag
*Build a Titan

_.,-=~+"^'`*Kwene*`'^"+~=-,._
Castiel: "What would you rather have, peace...or freedom?"
1812 Overture Tchaikovsky
Anime List <- Suggestions welcome Via: Pm or InGame
My Skills were passed down the Armstrong line for Generations

[This message has been edited by Kwene (edited 04-10-2014 @ 08:40 AM).]

posted 10 April 2014 08:40 AM EDT (US)     24 / 82  
I've got Dannick's escape, so we can share that when AOMEX comes out.

posted 10 April 2014 09:53 AM EDT (US)     25 / 82  
Some nice maps there, Zone Control/Territories were some fun maps. I found them always somewhat biased but always fun lol. And Vampires! SO GOOD! haha ~ Milky

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Multiplayer scenarios you'll be playing - let's get some hype!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames