Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Bug reports and some site announcements
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 18  Next Page »
posted 19 March 2006 08:34 AM EDT (US)   
Website bugs can be reported here.
The staff will post some announcements here too.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 10-07-2015 @ 07:59 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01 January 2010 11:37 PM EDT (US)     241 / 543  
Wow I thought I was just being a whiner/alarmist. What I will do is run my census profile grabber which loads the profile page for each member (at 235 right now). If that can run through a few times without the errant ads popping up, then I think we can say the problem has been resolved. I will report back tomorrow.
<br>

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 02 January 2010 02:07 PM EDT (US)     242 / 543  
Concerning the line breaks in code tags issue that I was having earlier - for a while I thought it went away but it hasn't.

Here is what I have found out: if I use whisper tags, the trigger gets compacted onto one line. If I don't use whisper tags, it seems to be okay.

However, there is something a little quirky. When I post something in code tags, every time I edit the message, it adds a line break just after the opening tag, and before the closing tag, even when I don't change anything. If I edit and resubmit a bunch of times, it adds a line every time.

observe - going to do about 15 edits. view source

ok I got bored after about 8. This is not a critical bug by any means, but it is just something curious that may reveal a bit of insight into what is actually screwing up code tags when you whisper them, because the forums are editting my posts without any inupt from me

[This message has been edited by PaPaya (edited 01-02-2010 @ 02:27 PM).]

posted 02 January 2010 02:27 PM EDT (US)     243 / 543  
I edited it, but I can't tell if it added another one or not...

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 02 January 2010 06:38 PM EDT (US)     244 / 543  
I ran my profile browsers a few times through and did not come up with a single virus warning. This is a 3 X 235 page test and when running that before, I recieved about 2-3 warnings, so I think we can consider this problem solved.

One thing I was noting about why more people didn't see the warnings is that there is a choice to always ignore the message in the future, which other people might have answered yes to, but I would rather know what is going on with my computer and deal with the annoying popups.

Thanks for your quick response with this.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 01-02-2010 @ 06:39 PM).]

posted 13 January 2010 07:29 AM EDT (US)     245 / 543  
This is a really random Question But how do your profile picture?
posted 13 January 2010 08:09 AM EDT (US)     246 / 543  
You go to gravatar, which you get to by clicking the link in "my account."

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 30 May 2010 06:06 AM EDT (US)     247 / 543  
I'm getting a database server error in the downloads section...

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!

[This message has been edited by Jack D P (edited 05-30-2010 @ 06:23 AM).]

posted 30 May 2010 06:28 AM EDT (US)     248 / 543  
Yeah me too.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 30 May 2010 07:05 AM EDT (US)     249 / 543  
posted 30 May 2010 07:19 AM EDT (US)     250 / 543  
All HG downloads pages are affected and all ruby heaven homepages are down (DOFH, SPH etc.).

I've informed Zen of the error.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 30 May 2010 05:08 PM EDT (US)     251 / 543  
Cool, thanks yeebs and Zen.

posted 30 May 2010 07:04 PM EDT (US)     252 / 543  
It might just be my dead-slow internet, but I've tried going to the downloads section 4 times today (plus twice on my iPod Touch) and I can't open it any time I've tried.

Current scenarios working on:
104th SOAP, Plants vs. Zombies (paused), Sovothym RPG
Scenario guarantee: I will NEVER include foul language in my games. AoM is a T rated game, for violence. Let's keep it that way.
posted 31 May 2010 01:52 AM EDT (US)     253 / 543  
It works now.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 07 June 2010 10:44 AM EDT (US)     254 / 543  
A few times today I got a Malware Warning when going through the AOMH forums:
The website at aom.heavengames.com contains elements from the site wwww.freighthousesquare.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

I'm assuming it's coming from one of the banner ads. I don't know how much control you have over the ads but I thought I'd report it anyway.
posted 07 June 2010 10:49 AM EDT (US)     255 / 543  
Thanks for posting.
I'll pass it on to Socvazius.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 08 June 2010 02:25 AM EDT (US)     256 / 543  
Hi perpetual, I'm searching through our ads but I'm having trouble find it. If you come across it again, can you take a screenshot of the ad itself? Or perhaps describe the ad in some detail? Any additional information would be very helpful

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon
posted 08 June 2010 06:55 AM EDT (US)     257 / 543  
Actually, my assumption about it being from an ad was wrong. Yesterday I didn't look at the page after getting the warning and just assumed it was an ad causing it as I'd seen that on other sites.

I got the warning again from this page -> http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=19&tn=27108&f=19,,,20&st=300

It's one of the pages I visited yesterday that gave me the warning, so I did a little investigation and I found the culprit:
In the main post, the splash/logo image above the progress bar - httx:// www [DOT] emjer [DOT] com/models/BCToolSplash.png - becomes - httx:// wwww.freighthousesquare [DOT] com/main.php?h=www.emjer.com&i=J86tidMUq/2ngBj8VcJDyJEZ&e=4. when you click on it (Note: I've changed the address so as not to create a Malware Warning on this page)

If you ignore the browser warning about malware you get one of those fake messages about your computer being infected and the webpage does a fake virus scan. You have to force the page closed with Task Manager.

I'm sure Emjer isn't deliberately trying to infect people, I'll post in his thread and let him know something funky is going on with his link.
posted 08 June 2010 07:23 AM EDT (US)     258 / 543  
His image is hosted on his own domain so..

It doesn't look good for him. I still don't think he would purposely infect people though.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 05 July 2010 09:57 PM EDT (US)     259 / 543  
Uh there might be something still there. I went to the link perpetual linked in his previous post, and I got a blue screen moments later, forunately to my knowlege there was no harm done on account of windows defender bein so bitchin

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 09 August 2010 04:12 PM EDT (US)     260 / 543  
This thread needs an update. Badly.

"Please report any errors with the site (dead links, mistakes, etc) here. Thanks "?

posted 09 August 2010 05:58 PM EDT (US)     261 / 543  
And what's wrong with it?
Just because something is old does not mean it needs an update. Perhaps I should update some really old threads in the HOV?

posted 09 August 2010 10:51 PM EDT (US)     262 / 543  
The *info needs to look WAY more official and informing. (*The info being that I quoted)

posted 10 August 2010 02:19 AM EDT (US)     263 / 543  
...why?

posted 10 August 2010 04:50 AM EDT (US)     264 / 543  
...why?

posted 10 August 2010 05:37 AM EDT (US)     265 / 543  
...why?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 10 August 2010 12:10 PM EDT (US)     266 / 543  
It should look more inviting. I know simple is good, but there should be more info about things like what has been fixed, what is being fixed, common problems, etc.

[This message has been edited by Aom Expert (edited 08-10-2010 @ 04:01 PM).]

posted 25 August 2010 08:27 PM EDT (US)     267 / 543  
uh guys?

posted 25 August 2010 09:28 PM EDT (US)     268 / 543  
It's really not necessary. Really, it isn't.

posted 25 August 2010 09:43 PM EDT (US)     269 / 543  
Listen to the man.

posted 25 August 2010 10:17 PM EDT (US)     270 / 543  
I don't have a problem with that, I just hate it when things get left hanging.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 18  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Website Feedback and Info » Bug reports and some site announcements
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: