AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Player (To PBEM) - Looking for a New Game
posted 08-08-09 11:38 PM EDT (US)   
Hola Amigos,

As the title states I am looking for a game to play. It will be my first crack at PBEM and I'm looking forward to it.

I am willing to play pretty much any scenario/map and am quite open to suggestions on rules and Map preferences.

Post here if you're interested and we can get the game rolling = ) (and set up a proper game thread)

Hope to get going soon!

Dave

PS MSN is: davelifford@hotmail.com
Replies:
posted 08-09-09 02:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Hello MrLifford88

Welcome to the PBEM community!
I'm sure there will be a lot of replies to your search for new games and I'm certain that you will have a great time with PBEM.

Meanwhile, you can check out the upcoming PBEM Tournament and sign up for it. Maybe you can kick some veteran's butt and claim the prize, who knows

Nevertheless you will have fun in 1v1 maps because they are small and fast, very suitable for getting started in PBEM.

Check it out here:

2009 PBEM Tournament

edit:typo

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!

[This message has been edited by naecO (edited 08-09-2009 @ 02:35 AM).]

posted 08-09-09 05:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
I have time for a game. I would suggest 4 player and medium or large. Small can be too hectic (for me and a new player) and XL is too slow.
posted 08-09-09 07:29 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
One of the best maps to learn about PBEM tactics is my Creek Adventure SM 221 map. I just wonder why people don't play it on a regular schedule. Actually, I haven't played it for some time now and if you like, Mr. Lifford, we can do a match on it.

Check it out and choose a side.
posted 08-09-09 11:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
I have time for a game. I would suggest 4 player and medium or large. Small can be too hectic (for me and a new player) and XL is too slow.
Sounds good! How about a large map? Any one in paticular? I'm not sure what's popular.
You want to advertise it or shall I?
One of the best maps to learn about PBEM tactics is my Creek Adventure SM 221 map. I just wonder why people don't play it on a regular schedule. Actually, I haven't played it for some time now and if you like, Mr. Lifford, we can do a match on it.

Check it out and choose a side.

Ok just downloaded it and will take a peek in a few minutes. = )

[This message has been edited by MrLifford88 (edited 08-09-2009 @ 11:20 PM).]

posted 08-10-09 10:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
Hey FinalBolt, I have been trying to reach you but your email bounces. I would love to update your FB111 version and use it as a backup map for the tournament. I'd probably add some v14 content, though.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 08-11-09 02:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
Dave, do you still need any players?

[This message has been edited by Bluebaby (edited 08-11-2009 @ 02:45 AM).]

posted 08-11-09 03:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
posted 08-11-09 11:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
Hi Swolte! Sure you can use it, and editions of it, for the purposes of the 2009 singles tournament. I fully trust you will handle any copyright concerns with due respect. Only before publishing it in any memorial collection (or anywhere else), I'ld perhaps like to have a look at it. Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 08-11-2009 @ 11:16 AM).]

posted 08-11-09 07:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
Thanks, I won't put too much work into it before I know how many contestants we have.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 08-12-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
Hey Final Bolt,

I emailed you but it bounced. Did you still want to have a game on your map?

Dave
posted 08-12-09 08:54 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
I have updated my profile and it contains my new email address. I'm looking forward to the game. Did you choose a side already? I can setup the game quickly.
posted 08-14-09 01:33 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
Hey Final Bolt.... Your email is listed as "private" lol

Yup I am ready for a game (in a Newbish fashion of course). I took a quick peek at the map and I'll be the good guys = )

My email is davelifford@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Dave
posted 08-15-09 10:52 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
Hello Dave

I have sent you the first turn. Follow this new game thread.

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 08-15-2009 @ 11:00 AM).]

posted 08-16-09 11:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
iv played multiplayer but not pbem can someong teach me how its done and give me a game?
posted 08-16-09 12:00 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
Hey Xalarun, I was thinking about all the free time I've been having and the very few turns that I've been receiving... Plus, I got curious about Final Bolt's above mentioned Creek Adventure 221 SM map. The author suggests that Nekron will have advantage under Upatch1.4, so you could have the baddies and I'd have the goodies! What do you think?

Send me an e-mail - you can see it under my profile.
posted 08-16-09 02:26 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
Glad you people find your way to this wonderful map. Perhaps I should add that this particularly beautiful creek valley on surface was originally created by Triumph Studios (I'm famous for map modifying only, but I did a lot of extra work in this one.)

As for the question of newbies, I want to note that the Evils are difficult to play. The advantage through 1.4 is rather minute. Archons is perhaps the nicer race to play for a beginner. - In this case give the Archons the Shrine of War (capital) and perhaps disable some of the productions in one of the evil towns (e.g. undeground). You have to go into editor for that. If you can't do this, I have a modified map ready which I could send you.

Cheers!
posted 08-16-09 07:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
Hey there,

I'm up for another game as well. My email is davelifford@hotmail.com I have a map in mind which looks quite fun. = )
posted 08-17-09 04:56 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
cool iv added both of you to my msn
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » New Player (To PBEM) - Looking for a New Game
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames