You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 10Round1 Game42 UpNUnder (Unnapu vs nyarlathotep)
posted 09-05-10 10:52 PM EDT (US)   
2010 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #42
Map: UpNUnder

------------------------------------------------------------
Mrs Dwarf - Unnapu - unnapu AT gmail DOT com
Mr Dwarf - nyarlathotep - pietermondt AT gmail DOT com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.
* You MUST password protect your turn.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Replies:
posted 09-07-10 10:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
TS
posted 09-08-10 11:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
Day 1

So my son, what did hear these grey ears of mine? Did the missus ran away?... How did you screw up so bad, got home drunk again in the middle of the night? ...

[mumblemumble]

You did WHAT?!? Oh boy... Sonny, if there's one thing you should avoid, it's giving an honest answer to THAT question, you bonehead...

[mumblemumble]

Sending a guy out to find some flowers won't do it alone, though it's a good start... And yes, keeping the toilet clean is also good, yes... But not enough...

[mumblemumble]

Furnaces??? By Thor's beerdrenched beard, what the hell are you thinking... [mumble] Oh, like that... No, I think that won't help either...

[mumblemumble]

Face it my boy, I think you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. Good luck, sonny, you'll need it...
[click]

I'm sorry for the interruption, guys, but you know how kids can be... -Where were we? You laid that double four?- Anyhow, that dumbo son of me, you know what he did? Well, gives us first another round of that beer, a story this funny will make us go thirsty.

TS

Proud mapmaker for the UPatch team
One gas to rule them all, One gas to find them
One gas to bring them all and with the Spice we bind them
Creator of the following maps: RenaissanceEarth, RoadToHell, YeOfLittleFaith, FrostbiteDelirium, Stormy Seas
Co-creator for: CityDwellers
together with TravisII

[This message has been edited by nyarlathotep (edited 09-08-2010 @ 11:04 PM).]

posted 09-09-10 07:29 AM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
Day 2

Yoyoyo, bro! Wazzupah? Just got a phone from our old man, sayz you got problems with tha ladies...? Don't worry, your old brutha' Taylor be her ta help ya out, yoyoyo...

[mumblemumble]

Oh, c'mon man, stop your whining... I know you're still upset with that one prank I pulled on ya, but that's in tha past now. Look, I've even brought mah homies with me, that should pimp up you're chances with the ladies.

[mumblemumble]

Well, fo' shizzle, offcourse I'm good, I'm THE BEST. Nothing can go wrong. Look bro, I saw that guy picking daisies in the field - no good, uh-huh... Da ladies want more then just some freshly picked weeds, so I've decided to get to tha high place to have a bettah look.

[mumblemumble]

Wha?!? Offcourse I dinnah gave 'im da weedz to smoke... Keep that fo' myselves, yo. Anyhowz, we been allready buzzy-buzzy, yo, just got you some more mojo to work at a nice little tree. Was not good fo tha doctor, though... I'll be have too be heading back to tha streets to gets me dope now, no prescribes anymore.

[mumblemumble]

Ok, well, you have fun in the undergroundz, I'll be roamin' da streets up here, word up.

Creator of the following maps: RenaissanceEarth, RoadToHell, YeOfLittleFaith, FrostbiteDelirium, Stormy Seas
together with TravisII

[This message has been edited by nyarlathotep (edited 09-09-2010 @ 07:33 AM).]

posted 09-09-10 07:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
TS

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.
posted 09-10-10 10:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
ts

serious log will follow

together with TravisII
posted 09-10-10 09:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
Mrs Dwarf
TS

posted 09-11-10 11:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
The Great Mrs Dwarf
TS

posted 09-12-10 02:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
The time for picking daisies has ended, a new era begins...

TS

together with TravisII
posted 09-12-10 11:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
Well, the lonely daisypicker has been caught by a nearby druid, whom did not like what he was doing...

For the rest, having a leisurely stroll through the park. Taking the mine will be for tomorrow...

together with TravisII
posted 09-13-10 06:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
The Great Mrs Dwarf
Found today enemy troops across the mountain.
The fast scout almost hit them.
TS

posted 09-13-10 07:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
Day 6 (I think)

Yoyoyo, mah brotha! How's things cookin' down there? Me & mah homies are havin' a blast up here, with the shizzling and kapahw of a good 'n honest fight. Anyhow, I've been hearin' tha' youz got a message from tha missus? How's she doing? Well, tell you what, me-thinks she's got tha one village with the really short peeps, cuz ma eyes not be foolin me. There's a womanly smell at this side of the mountains, looks a bit greenish to me... Prolly the color of tha wrath of a woman.

[mumblemumble]

Hey man, when did I ever let you down? Youz knows well enough tha bitches ain't foolin'round with tha Taylor, no sir-ee. Tha ladies, them falls for me, like leaves on tha autum-tree.

[mumblemumble]

Wha? Ya dunno believe mah word? Yo bro, tell yah something... I'll show you how theys no can stay calm when tha big Taylor comes around. You'll see tommorrow, I bring you a nice juicy target, and I'll be foolin'round with a nice li'l princes.. It 'll be nice booteh fo the both of us. And yeah, I gots to make a piece of this land mah personal 'hood, shickepahw!

[mumblemumble]

A dancin' light, you say? So ya turnin back oldschool, discostyle? Yo bro, that's not mah taste, but good luck with it. See you on the flipside, respect bro!

together with TravisII

[This message has been edited by nyarlathotep (edited 09-13-2010 @ 07:23 PM).]

posted 09-13-10 10:47 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
The Great Mrs Dwarf
TS

posted 09-14-10 06:38 AM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
Good morning, sonny, and a good morning it is! Not just because today I do not feel my arthritis for once, but because there was this greasemonkey with angelwings who descended from the heavens. Brought us some rightfitting tools, so the engine you like to use purring smoothly like a happy young dwarven lassy. But you know, thinkering on those important parts is a tricky business, so there we had a restart, offcourse.

[mumblemumble]

Oh, I didn't want to hurt your feelings with that reference to girls, don't fret yourself... Hey, i've been living with your mother for already 102 years, we had our quarrels too, but you don't see me whining 'boot that time when I had to sleep next to my boar to keep me warm. But still, you better get to her first, because if you don't, you'll get to hear it all your life. And that's a loooong while...

[mumblemumble]

Well, don't take it badly, you know your brother. He likes talking big, rough & tough, but we all know he's got a heart of gold. Hah, knowing him, he still rides that old boar of his. Sure, it's a sturdy pimped-up beast with all the gizmos in the right place, but face it, speed has not been its best side. He'll probably blame it on one of his hubbies who can't read a map properly, but just be patient, he'll give you what he promised. Well, see you later sonny, mom just prepared dinner, and I dinna want to miss her mushroom casserole. You enjoy your microwave meal...

together with TravisII
posted 09-14-10 03:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
Day nine-ish (should really try to remember those dates)

Yoyoyo, bruttah ma' man, everything frisky overthere? Well, you dinna hear from tha Taylor for two days, and I knowz youz gonna be mad, but Iz can explain. We've been buzzy-busee, yo man, and da ladies overhere, mmm-mmmhm, delicious booty. And no, it's not that yo bro got down with da ho' for two nights youz did not catch da news from I-an-I, no... Iz that doctor youz sends meh, all know-it-all and stuff, think he can lead a partey trough da mountains. Took us on a wrong turn, leading us to a crack in da earth as big as tha butt of mah ladies momma'.

[mumble-mumble]

Whaa?!? He didna dare to say dat, wha' does ol' pops knowz about a good ride, you've seen tha motha-f*cking wreck he's cruizin' with? That ain't no boar, siree, that be a turtle.
Finest gear on mah baby, the pride of da hood I tell ya. If it woulna be for the integrity of da hood, I shoulda put flamethrowahz on it, or evrybody woulda try to steal it...

[mumble-mumble]

Well, da suprize is a brandnew hood onna di surface, fancy tower and all that shizzle, just as you like it. Brings in quite some bling-bling too if you ask me. And as a nice bonus, tha li'l princess had a nice fancy coat in her chambers, gave it to her hansome savior, aka magnificent me.

[mumble-mumble]

Wel, yes, offourse we lost some troops, two of mah best friends even. Those lousy spy-guys are sharpshooters, and those catapults, pfiou... Tell ya, da was a mofo hot battle.
On the other hand, there's a balloon of ya lady, trying to wear down some guys guarding an earth node... Lets see if it flies away when it sees tha li'l gargoyle charchin' at it.. Well, gotta go noa, there's some hot stuff waitin' fo me high up a panoramic suite. Word up, man!

ts

together with TravisII

[This message has been edited by nyarlathotep (edited 09-14-2010 @ 03:30 PM).]

posted 09-14-10 09:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
The Great Mrs Dwarf
Forced to leave the earth node to the enemy, my balloon retreated, and many other units too.
TS

posted 09-14-10 09:48 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
ts

together with TravisII
posted 09-14-10 10:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
The Great Mrs Dwarf
Taylor had much confidence and split his group to capture structures around the central castle.
My heros, waiting underground for the right moment took him by surprise.
TS

posted 09-15-10 06:14 AM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
This no be good... Lost many a good men overnight, and my hero, and my city.

Playing against humans is so much more tricky as playing against the computer O_0

Ts

together with TravisII
posted 09-15-10 03:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
Day whatever

To Mr Dwarf senior,

Dear father, I have failed you.

I write this letter during a period of grave mourning, as we recently lost your beloved son and my dear brother, as well as his entire army and my personal guardsmen.
I sit here, alone and in grief, in an empty bedchamber. I miss the company of others, but they are in a bathroom, far away and unreachable.
Alas, most of all do I miss my beloved Mrs. Dwarf. What madness did drive us to such bloodshed? No, I shall apologize, eventhough through my shame I will never be able to look you straight into the eyes. Yes, she has driven me to extreme measures, actions I now do sorely regret.
Yes father, I concede, I am not the though dwarf I thought I was...

Mr. Dwarf.

To Mrs. Dwarf,

Honey, I come back to you, with nothing but regret for the harsh words I said. Your butt is still as magnificently sculpted as from the day I met you. ...And you look gorgeous in that yellow dress... And I will put the lid down every time I'll come from the bathroom...

I sincerely hope you can forgive me...

========================================

Congratulations Unnapu, great game!

together with TravisII

[This message has been edited by nyarlathotep (edited 09-15-2010 @ 03:07 PM).]

posted 09-15-10 05:02 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
Ladies and gentlemen, live at the scene where Unnapu just beat nyarlathotek... *DARN ALMOST*. Unnapu, the odds were 19:1 in your favor. Did you feel any of that pressure? Also, did you have a specific strategy!
Nya... what did you think of the game? Did you have a particular strategy in mind beforehand? What would you have done differently? Also, it seems that with this second loss, you will not make it into the next rounds. How will this affect your last game?

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 09-15-2010 @ 05:03 PM).]

posted 09-15-10 05:34 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Aah, close, close, so close... Keep on training, Mr Reporter, and one day you will succeed. Now, to business:

Well, I sortof had a strategy in mind... take the central city, take the halfling city, go for Mrs. Dwarf's underground capital, meanwhile trying to take the elven city with a ragtag of freshly produced units. But greed is apparently not a good counsellor

What I shoul've done - in retrospect- was keeping my main army intact, that killed me in fact. And that early - but miserably- rush on the Elven city was the final 'coup-de-grace'. Having no army means certain death. Also, scouting is a lot more important in multiplay as I anticipated...

But all in all, I think this game was great, enjoyed it a lot, nice map also, kudos to ibobs!

Anyhow, the fact that I'm not able to go to the next round won't make any difference. Or maybe, it will... As this tournamant is in fact my baptism in PBeM (why take things easy if you can do it the hard way? ), I'm learning a lot in a very short time. So Gryffone, better look out, or little Count Furio of Daisypants will give you a grand ol' spanking, that's what we do around here with naughty boys who are revolting!
So now I'm eagerly awiting Griffone's mail containing my turn. And I sincerely hope that game will take a bit longer then 10 turns, and not only for the sake of my only true hope - the loggers price. And to be honest, if you only have the first round to show your logging skills, you need long games in fact... And I really don't want Count Furio and James-Ed(di)e to leave the scene just yet Love logging their situation
But still, I'm still on schedule, I predicted that my 3 games will be a loss , so with a bit of luck (or rather - unluckyness), I might become rich of my failures.
Yes, rich, filthy rich!!! Mwuhahahahaaa! And then, then I will- oh wait, we're not on the Evil Masterminds Channel, sorry...
Anyhow, enough chatter for today, I'll let Unnapu do his speech now.

together with TravisII
posted 09-15-10 05:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
Thank you for the game Nya, I enjoyed your logs and the rich characters you created. Good luck in your only game left.
Did you feel any of that pressure?
No, not at all. When I read the predictions I was a little concerned about my opponents' odds in their other games. Because, that could affect my chances to qualify to the next round even if I managed to get two victories.
Also, did you have a specific strategy!
Yes, I made a very conservative strategy because I did not know my opponent (and could not play test the map before the match). The main guideline of my plan, used commonly in PBEM, was to sell structures and recruit units.
I sold two wizard towers and all the buildings meant to produce units, and started to recruit with all that gold.
There was an important moment on the game: when my group of two heroes, Lady Na-Naz and Hapgood Jerome, with two runemasters and two Boar riders, waited in the Secret Hollow () for an opportunity to attack Taylor's group. And they did, succesfully.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 10Round1 Game42 UpNUnder (Unnapu vs nyarlathotep)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames