You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Who's the highest in the chain of command?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 04-07-08 09:52 PM CT (US)   
Who is the highest ranking person on the Age of Empires II Age of Kings Heaven? As in "high rank" I mean having the ablility to ban, edit messages, change the place's graphics, remove links/forums, etc...

Please give me his/her name and e-mail. Do not bother to ask for my reason for asking this, becasue you will not get it. All I will say is that I have had a sneaking suspicion about this place for a while, and just today, as I read a final comment made by a certain person who, before he closed a certain thread on SD, said something that has confirmed all my suspicions. I don't need to tell you all the rest. Just please give me this information as soon as possible and I will be much obliged.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
Replies:
posted 04-08-08 00:41 AM CT (US)     1 / 59  
Dantares, you have to realize that if mods acted as you wanted, no one would come here (besides you) as no one would be allowed to do anything.

The CoC is a strict set of rules meant to be enforced lightly. The CoC is worded so strictly so that HG staff always has something to fall back on.

BTW, I and I'm sure 90+% of the forummers who read Mashek's post when he closed that thread agreed with it. This may be hard to realize Dantares, but most people do not agree with any of your ideas about how HG should be run. Most people think you are an idiot.

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 04-08-2008 @ 00:52 AM).]

posted 04-08-08 01:01 AM CT (US)     2 / 59  
Most people think you are an idiot.
That is all.

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
posted 04-08-08 01:14 AM CT (US)     3 / 59  
Hey you dont have to get so emotional. Its just a website for people who enjoy AOK to get together.
sneaking suspicion about this place
That people disagree with you?

If you keep annoying people people will start to dislike you. Just dont be so disagreeable all the time.

And if you really really dislike the way things are here than just leave. There are plenty of other fan sites out there.

Also why dont you just e-mail an angel here and ask them?

Youre basically blatantly trying to get a reaction out of people.
posted 04-08-08 02:13 AM CT (US)     4 / 59  
I haven't kept up with all the recent staff reshuffles, but I suppose it would still be Aro.
posted 04-08-08 03:13 AM CT (US)     5 / 59  
To actually answer his question: I believe CrystalCrown is still seraph of AoKH. Can't seem to find his staff email at the moment... Ah, I think it's CrystalCrown[at]heavengames.com. That's the usual format.

To the rest of you, if he doesn't have a valid complaint, CC will be happy to let him know, I'm sure.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
posted 04-08-08 03:36 AM CT (US)     6 / 59  
holy shit

breaking drama... ON THE INTERNET.

i'll be staying tuned for further updates on this "sneaky suspicion", because hell, nothing beats good old Internet drama.

"War does not decide who is right... only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
posted 04-08-08 05:27 AM CT (US)     7 / 59  
The Staff Page, for future reference.

CrystalCrown: crystalcrown [at] heavengames [dot] com

Aro: aro [at] heavengames [dot] com

Knock yourself out.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH

[This message has been edited by Luke Gevaerts (edited 04-08-2008 @ 05:29 AM).]

posted 04-08-08 06:10 AM CT (US)     8 / 59  
Dantares, tut tut. Nobody's forcing you to stick around. If you don't like it, piss off. It's not going to change because you want it to. Some times you have to adjust to other people, not make them adjust to you.

The Wall

coming soon
posted 04-08-08 06:19 AM CT (US)     9 / 59  
I'm as high-ranking as any other Seraph around here, and I think I speak for most people when I say: Nobody cares.

Silk
Spore | Whisper | Girl Genius
Alvays remember: any plan where hyu lose hyu hat iz a BAD PLAN.
OMGWTFBBQ

[This message has been edited by Silk (edited 04-08-2008 @ 06:21 AM).]

posted 04-08-08 07:00 AM CT (US)     10 / 59  
Suspicions about what? That I'm corrupt? What is corruption in your eyes Dantares? Tell me, please.

The mere fact Dantares is that you so arrogantly portray yourself higher than all others, quote,
I will be no doubt you second best resouce. The best is wikipedia
Andrew had every right to say you're anal, and I every right to tell you to shut up for a change about minor CoC violations. Unless it's serious enough, nobody gives a damn.

Well, I guess I'm not the least bit surprised that this thread appeared at all. As soon as I read the title to this thread I just knew...

Complain, Dantares, complain.

It appears my suspicions about you have been answered right here.

[This message has been edited by Mash Banana (edited 04-08-2008 @ 07:02 AM).]

posted 04-08-08 07:05 AM CT (US)     11 / 59  
Oh no Mashek! Now Dantares won't tell his friends about AoKH!

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.

[This message has been edited by Kor (edited 04-08-2008 @ 07:05 AM).]

posted 04-08-08 07:07 AM CT (US)     12 / 59  
Amazing scenes.
posted 04-08-08 07:50 AM CT (US)     13 / 59  
Who is the highest ranking person on the Age of Empires II Age of Kings Heaven? As in "high rank" I mean having the ablility to ban, edit messages, change the place's graphics, remove links/forums, etc...
For somebody who payed such attention to the rules and regulations about this site; I am surprised you are not more informed about the staff system (like the time you where oblivious to whom the EXCO were and the power they had; I quote, "So, these people are able to overthrow the person who is more or less in command of the blacksmith.").

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 04-08-08 08:01 AM CT (US)     14 / 59  
Dantares, I don't know how many people have told you that you are an unreasonable jerk.

There must be something wrong with your education. Unless you're one of those bible thumpers who insist that the world was created in 6 days.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 04-08-08 08:05 AM CT (US)     15 / 59  
That's an insult to perfectly reasonable creationists.
posted 04-08-08 10:00 AM CT (US)     16 / 59  
Dantares, I don't know how many people have told you that you are an unreasonable jerk.
Everyone who yet hasn't should take pot shots at him while they can, as I doubt Dantares will be around for much longer. I think he's pissed off just about anyone with a ban stick at this point. Which is hilarious, since he's desperately trying to achieve the opposite effect.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 04-08-08 10:12 AM CT (US)     17 / 59  
reasonable creationists.
I hope you know that is an oxymoron.

_______
|Warlord|
Owner of post 12345 in the New Splash Splash
Member of Blackforest Studios

[This message has been edited by Warlord002 (edited 04-08-2008 @ 10:12 AM).]

posted 04-08-08 11:09 AM CT (US)     18 / 59  
I hope you know that is an oxymoron
I hope you know he's probably being sarcastic .

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 04-08-08 11:15 AM CT (US)     19 / 59  
Dantares, I don't want to rant at you (tempting though it may be), but are you familiar with the phrase there's no such thing as black and white? There's a lot of truth in it, and you're just being totally unreasonable, not to mention extremely childish.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 04-08-2008 @ 11:16 AM).]

posted 04-08-08 11:51 AM CT (US)     20 / 59  
This, along with the Masturbation (*worship worship* ) thread, deserves a place in the hall of fame.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 04-08-08 12:05 PM CT (US)     21 / 59  
I hope you know he's probably being sarcastic.
Of course he's being sarcastic, and of course he doesn't know. Then again, what else is new these days.

OD · AoKH
posted 04-08-08 12:06 PM CT (US)     22 / 59  
I should really start paying a small wage to some of you people who tirelessly explain that I'm joking to people who just don't get it.
posted 04-08-08 12:08 PM CT (US)     23 / 59  
Unless you're one of those bible thumpers to who insist the world was created in 6 days.
I doubt you've researched the creation side much, if any.

And did you know that in May 2004, in an article in The Scientist Magazine (I think that's the name) a letter was written to the scientific community by multiple secular scientists that said and I quote "The big bang theory today relies on a growing number of hypothetical entities [additional theories], things that we have never observed". In other words, evolution keeps having to add onto itself to explain things.

Anyway I just wanted to say that evolution is ridiculous as well, and don't really want to get into too much of a debate about it, but will if you guys really want to...

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 04-08-2008 @ 12:15 PM).]

posted 04-08-08 12:08 PM CT (US)     24 / 59  
I should really start paying a small wage to some of you people who tirelessly explain that I'm joking to people who just don't get it.
Or you could just dumb down to the level of pictures of cats with one word underneath them.

Oh, and the scientists are just saying that the theories of evolution and the Big Bang are incomplete, not wrong.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 04-08-2008 @ 12:09 PM).]

posted 04-08-08 12:13 PM CT (US)     25 / 59  
Yup, there is a big difference between crap and incomplete and probable theory. Though I have a feeling that the second we reach beyond our galaxy, we'll be overwhelmed with info, supportive or otherwise.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Who's the highest in the chain of command?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames