Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: FotY 2009: the Eighth Annual Forummer of the Year Awards
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 12-26-09 08:19 AM CT (US)   

Narrator: Warm lights and joy filled the streets of AoKingston as the people gathered at the plaza, getting ready for the annual speech. It was a splendid winter day for all to see. Of course, for Aro and the other prisoners of politics this day sucked, being locked away in a dark prison and all.

Aro: LEMME OUTTA HEAR!!!!11!11!!111!
Scud: Will you please stop shouting old man, it may hurt my hearing and I don't want to use hearing aid at this young age already, that would look terribly awful, and besides, screaming at the top of your voice isn't going to get you anywhere except- AAARGH
Aro: *snaps Scud's girly wrists*
TheTrebuchet: What did I do to deserve this!?
Aro: Deserve what?
TheTrebuchet: Being locked in with *you* in a dark chamber!
Aro: You registered here, that's what!
sissi: *puffs smoke* Are you ever going to ztop yelling and per'apz do zomething conztructif?
Aro: Maybe when you stop standing there puffing cigars and HALP US OUTTA HEAR!!!1!111!!
sissi: *puffs smoke* ... not in a million yearz.

Narrator: Meanwhile in AoKingston, the President's annual speech was reaching the end.

Sly_Guy: ... it has been a tumultuous year, with the new changes to the site coming into place, new staff being hired and other members leaving their positions. We've seen the return of some oldies and the departure of others. In particular we remember the departure of our beloved President Aro, which left me in the position of President... but I'm rambling off topic now. It has been an eventful year and we are proud to present you the FotY of 2009, hosted by Lord Basse! Give us the results Basse!
Basse: With pleasure!

Awards to be presented:

Saturday, December 26th
Most Helpful Forummer
Best Moderator
Most Active Forummer

Monday, December 28th
Most Improved Forummer
Nicest Forummer
Funniest Forummer

Tuesday, December 29th
Most Intelligent Forummer
Signature of the Year
Signature Quote of the Year

Wednesday, December 30th
Most Missed Forummer
The Dave-Mule-Turtov Medal
Best Newbie

Thursday, December 31st
The Forummer of the Year

(*) denotes last year's winner, if on the list.

Most Helpful Forummer
We begin the Awards with a landslide victory, with the winner receiving more than the double of the one in second place! Congratulations to TheLaughingMule!

1st TheLaughingMule: 29
2nd Julius999: 12 (*)
3rd Dtrungle: 8
3rd Sly_Guy

5th Berserker Jerker: 6
5th Lord Basse
7th Leif Ericson: 5
8th RubberMan: 4
8th Kor
8th Powery
11th Tanks fst: 3
11th DaVe
11th Impeached (*)
11th Mashek
11th Cilibinarii
16th Other White Meat: 2
16th Andanu trisatya
16th Jeffrey
16th Popeychops
16th Guthan
21th Aro: 1
21th zyxomma100
21th Jatayu
21th Espadachim
21th YoshiX10000

Best Moderator
The past year has been a turbulent one when it comes to staff positions and administrative work. The site's huge face-lift has been finished by Aro, who now has disappeared off the face of the Earth. Mashek has taken over the job as Blacksmith Admin from Tanneur99 who also is gone missing. Forum administration has been changed and features switched around, and several new staff members have come and some gone. The results for this category show that the work done by the mods is appreciated by many, and the outcome of this category was very even until the very last ballots. The winner eventually became TheLaughingMule, her second victory this year so far!

1st TheLaughingMule: 25
2nd Sly_Guy: 23
3rd Lord Basse: 20

4th Aro: 15 (*)
5th Mashek: 13
6th Turty: 12
7th Luke: 2
7th Scud

Most Active Forummer
This is often called the worst category to win, because you normally can win by just spamming like a madman in Splash Splash. This year almost brings a new record: the winner has defeated the 2nd by getting 418% as many votes, and thus has taken the second place for Largest Winning Margin Ever, previously held by Scud for Most Active Forummer in 2006 at 314%; the first place was when Jimmy2 won Best Newbie last year with a Winning Margin of 437,5%! Give it up for this year's winner morgoth bauglir, who has won this award two years in a row!

1st morgoth bauglir: 46 (*)
2nd Espadachim: 11
2nd Cilibinarii

4th Guthan: 8
5th Lord Basse: 7
5th Coldviper
5th Bart Pimpson
8th Leif Ericson: 5
8th Turty
8th TheLaughingMule
11th RubberMan: 2
11th Los Templiero
11th Popeychops
11th Jecon
15th Mashek: 1
15th Tanks fst
15th Dead_End

Most Improved Forumer
With age comes wisdom maturity and manners, improvement comes like a curse upon all newbies. Some come to the site being mature and with good manners already, and for others it takes longer to grow up (hence my 1st, 3rd and 5th place the past three years!) Not to say non-newbs can't improve, but still. The trophy this year goes to Espadachim!

1st Espadachim: 28
2nd Guthan: 17
3rd Cilibinarii: 12

4th Coldviper: 7
5th Mashek: 5
5th Tanks fst
5th Turty
8th Jecon: 3
8th morgoth bauglir
8th Berserker Jerker
8th Popeychops
12th TheLaughingMule: 2
12th Leif Ericson
14th Sir Twi: 1
14th CarlosFerdinand
14th OtmShankIII

Nicest Forumer
Really quite self-explanatory category this, isn't it? This category sees another landslide victory, and once again it goes no other than Lady Mule herself, TheLaughingMule!

1st TheLaughingMule: 35
2nd Lord Basse: 12 (*)
3rd Guthan: 10

4th Other White Meat: 7
5th Andanu Trisatya: 6 (*)
5th Coldviper
7th RubberMan: 4
7th Sly_guy
9th Major Helper: 3
9th Dead_End
9th Cilibinarii
12th Leif Ericson: 2
12th Mashek
12th Jatayu
12th ax_man1
16th Cobra the Mediocre: 1
16th YoshiX10000
16th sissi
16th OtmShankIII

Funniest Forumer
The most prominent comedians, victims of public humiliation and such are the funniest forummers around, the people that bring joy and happiness to the site, completing the warmth given by the nicest folks, creating a wonderful harmony! Well, not really, but these are the people we laugh most with, or at. It was a tough game getting to the top, but in first place we find Other White Meat, followed closely by Aro!

1st Other White Meat: 18
2nd Aro: 17 (*)
3rd morgoth bauglir: 13

4th TheLaughingMule: 9
5th Bart Pimpson: 8
6th Major Helper: 6
7th Julius999: 5
8th Ornlu: 4
8th Surge
10th Lord Basse: 3
10th GBH_Roland
10th Dtrungle
10th Grand Admiral Pawn
10th Popeychops
10th Espadachim
10th nav
17th Guthan: 2
18th Kor: 1
18th Cobra the Mediocre
18th Cilibinarii
18th Jeffrey
18th Dark_Reign
18th MerryBrandybuck
18th Gwame

Most Intelligent Forumer
The intelligent forummers are the people that make the rest of us look smart whenever someone passes by, and thus we owe a lot to them. Seriously though, from my experiense AoKH has one the highest percentage of intelligent, well-mannered chaps and chapettes out there. History buffs, engineers, or people with plain experiense and wisdom. This category was another close one, with Kor being in the lead for most of the time, but tripping just before the finish line, leaving the victory to TheLaughingMule!

1st TheLaughingMule: 15
2nd Kor: 14 (*)
3rd Jeffrey: 10

4th nav: 6
4th Ornlu
6th Lord Basse: 5
6th Popeychops
8th Julius999: 4
8th Matty
8th Other White Meat
11th Impeached: 3
11th General Zavier
11th Grand Admiral Pawn
11th Cilibinarii
11th Dtrungle
11th Aro
17th Berserker Jerker: 2
17th WizardBoy
17th Andanu Trisatya
17th Scud
17th Luke
22nd Cobra the Mediocre: 1
22nd Powery
22nd morgoth bauglir

Signature of the Year
Just like your handwriting can tell a lot about your personality, so can your signature. Well, not really. Not at all actually. But anyway, this year's victor won with a landsslide, more than the double of the second's votes. And the winner is yours truly! Thank you, thank you. we also have as much as a triple-tie for the second place!

1st Lord Basse: 19
2nd Gwame: 8 (*)
2nd TheLaughingMule
2nd Popeychops

5th Sly_Guy: 4
5th nav
7th DaVe: 3
7th Blatant
9th YoshiX10000: 2
9th Bart Pimpson
9th Luke
9th Guthan
9th Jatayu
14th morgoth bauglir: 1
14th Julius999

Signature Quote of the Year
A signature can be more than just fancy fading and ASCII houses. Wonderful signatures can have lousy quotes, and hideous or unremarkable signatures can have hilarious quotes. The winner this year is Dtrungle, with a quote featured in various signatures.

1st Dtrungle: 6
"The mod's chance of survival is like winning the lottery jackpot 10 times straight with only 1 ticket per draw. Let's make the lottery choose 10 numbers from 1-99. Also, you can only buy a ticket with money that you find on a bus after getting struck by lightning 5 times in an hour."

2nd Luke: 5
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

2nd Cilibinarii
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield it." - Oscar Wilde

4th OtmShankIII: 4 "'Don't listen to the above person. He lives in the Andes.' - Espadachim, about me.
'Don't listen to the above person. He lives in Rio.' - MerryBrandyBuck, about him."
4th General_Zavier "No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people" - Anonymous
6th Popeychops: 3 "Popeychops: In Britain the law is an ass. - Rocking Doom: In India the ass is a law."
6th Jecon "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
6th CarlosFerdinand "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire
6th Lord_Fadawah "92% of teens have no individuality or identity. If you are one of the 8% who do, do NOT copy this into your signature."
6th Coldviper "You scout with sheep too long if you reach your opponents base with them, or are in the federal age." - frozen_swe
11th OtmShankIII: 2 "I don't know what are you smoking, but I wan't some of it."
11th Turty "Windows 2000 already contains features such as the human discipline component, where the PC can send an electric shock through the keyboard if the human does something that does not please Windows." - Bill Gates
11th Bart Pimpson "Give a man a fish, and you will feed him for a day. Give him a poisoned fish, and you will feed him for the rest of his life"
11th MerryBrandyBuck "Can we throw MerryBrandyBuck into a cell??!!" - ZayanK
11th zyxomma100 "There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
16th Other White Meat: 1 "My sexual fantasy is to make love to Sigmund Freud's fathe-mother!" — Stewart Francis
16th Other White Meat "If I ever were to meet up with a forumer, a cabin in the middle of nowhere would totally be my choice" — Aro

Most Missed Forumer
Forummers come, forummers go. Well, no one really leaves AoKH, but they get trapped and brainwashed by our ninjas whenever they venture too close to outside of the site. And while they're gone getting some sense beaten into them, we might start missing them. This is the case of the folks in this category, a category which probably was theclosest one of all; all three in the top three have been in first place once or more, only to be ran past by another. In the end, our much beloved benevolent dictator Aro grabbed the first place, followed closely by Scud and sissi, with a single point between the three!

1st Aro: 22
2nd Scud: 21
3rd sissi: 20

4th Matty: 6
4th VonCorgath
4th CrystalCrown
7th Lord Fadawah: 5
7th Andanu Trisatya
9th Ornlu
9th Tanneur99
11th Dave_Earl: 2
11th Oliver
11th GBH_Roland
11th sirchristopher
11th Jatayu
11th Tushar
17th Kor: 1
17th newIdea
17th Gizmoz
17th Jeffrey
17th Dark_Reign
17th Xingjianma

The Dave-Mule-Turtov Medal
Being a moderator is just like having a job, except YOU pay ARO to be let to do your tasks. This category which changes name every year is a way for you mortals to tell Aro what people you think should join the Mod Force next, which he happily doesn't give a flying dog turd about. But it's still a nice tradition, and this year the mob has elected Jatayu as their rebel leader. Jatayu, don't open any letters addressed to you written in orange ink the coming two-three years, it might be a letter bomb from His Awesomeness.

1st Jatayu: 17
2nd Julius: 16 (*)
3rd TheLaughingMule: 13 (promotion?)

4th Guthan: 9
5th Tanks fst: 4
6th DaVe: 3
6th Gwame
6th Hunnic Paladin
6th Popeychops
10th Other White Meat: 2
10th Berserker Jerker
12th Bart Pimpson: 1
12th Turty (promotion?)
12th Aro (back in black?)

Best Newbie
Newbies, n00bs, nublets; the variety is big. N00bs are the annoying new folks who do nothing but ask silly questions, post +1 everywhere and have an average age of 11. Newbies are the new folks that aren't as annoying and generally mature as they stay here. This category can technically cover both of those, depending on public opinion. And this year the title goes to that swordsman from Brazil, Espadachim!

1st Espadachim: 16
2nd RubberMan: 12
2nd Leif Ericson

4th Coldviper: 11
5th Jecon: 9
5th Bart Pimpson
5th Grand Admiral Pawn
8th sirchristopher: 6
9th Paperclip007: 3
9th Fanica98
9th ARFFI
12th Sir Twi: 2

The Forumer of the Year
And so, for the main award, the award that gives this tradition its very name; The Forummer of the Year. The Forummer of the Year is a person who's a good all-round forummer, be it a regular forummer or a moderator. This year, however, the entire top three has been moderator dominated. Conspiracy much? Nah. Anyway, the first place goes to, take a guess.

TheLaughingMule!

1st TheLaughingMule: 30
2nd Lord Basse: 17
3rd Aro: 9

4th morgoth bauglir: 8
6th Guthan: 4
7th Other White Meat: 3
7th Ornlu
7th Dtrungle
7th OtmShankIII
7th Cilibinarii
7th Andanu Trisatya
7th Jatayu
7th Julius999
7th Sly_Guy
16th Berserker Jerker: 2
17th RubberMan: 1
17th Kor
17th Popeychops
17th Tanks fst
17th Turty

ALL IN ALL
And now, at last, to sum the entire awards ceremony up, let's add all votes together and see how we fared in total. Unsurprisingly, TheLaughingMule grabs the first place here as well.

1st TheLaughingMule: 171
2nd Lord Basse: 89
3rd morgoth bauglir: 72

4th Aro: 68
5th Espadachim: 59
6th Guthan: 54
7th Sly_Guy: 42
8th Julius999: 41
9th Cilibinarii: 36
9th Other White Meat
11th Coldviper: 31
12th Mashek: 29
13th Bart Pimpson: 27
13th Jatayu
13th Popeychops
16th Leif Ericson: 26
17th Scud: 25
18th Turty: 24
19th Kor: 21
19th sissi
21st Andanu trisatya: 18
22nd Dtrungle: 17
23rd Ornlu: 16
24th Berserker Jerker: 15
24th Grand Admiral Pawn
26th Jecon: 14
26th Jeffrey
26th Tanks fst
29th nav: 13
30th Gwame: 12
31st Matty: 10
32nd Major Helper: 9
32nd DaVe
34rd sirchristopher: 8
35th Impeached: 6
35th Luke
35th VonCorgath
35th CrystalCrown
39th Powery: 5
39th OtmShankIII
39th GBH_Roland
39th Lord Fadawah
43rd Dead_End: 4
43rd Surge
43rd YoshiX10000
46th RubberMan: 3
46th Sir Twi
46th Blatant
46th Hunnic Paladin
46th Paperclip007
46th Fanica98
46th ARFFI
46th Tanneur99
46th Cobra the Mediocre
46th General Zavier
56th Los Templiero: 2
56th ax_man1
56th Dave_Earl
56th Tushar
56th Oliver
56th WizardBoy
56th Dark_Reign
63rd zyxomma100: 1
63rd CarlosFerdinand
63rd MerryBrandybuck
63rd newIdea
63rd Gizmoz
63rd Xingjianma

And that's it for this year folks! Have a good evening, and Happy New Year!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 12-31-2009 @ 04:28 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-26-09 08:59 AM CT (US)     1 / 164  
Often called the worst category to win
Pfft, what a sore loser.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 12-26-09 09:10 AM CT (US)     2 / 164  
Wow I got on the list of most active forumer, lol I wonder why?

Host of Current Campaigns and Scenarios - Volume 6
Pround member of Black Forest Studios
Creator of: Jengar's Quest: rated 3.9
Working on: GuardianTrilogy ~25% Done
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
"I'm slowly falling to pieces, and I know only one can put me back together, yet he seems to be letting me fall apart, I just pray that his plan is worth it. I know it will be, but its easy to say it, much harder to live it." - sadly, Me
posted 12-26-09 10:00 AM CT (US)     3 / 164  
And how did I not get on the list of most active forumers, being the creator of my loved/hated Say a Word 2nd!!! ?

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 12-26-09 10:05 AM CT (US)     4 / 164  
Pfft, what a sore loser.
Next year moorgoat, next year!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-26-09 11:33 AM CT (US)     5 / 164  
Well at least one spot so far... also, you took the pains of checking the victory margin? You must have really much time =O

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
posted 12-26-09 11:59 AM CT (US)     6 / 164  
*Decapitates fadwah*...*brings stroke around into Basse*

There is now only "1" 5th place.

[This message has been edited by Coldviper (edited 12-26-2009 @ 12:00 PM).]

posted 12-26-09 12:21 PM CT (US)     7 / 164  
Ooh, I remember this. Not in time to vote though.

I've always thought with these awards that they go in fads. A couple of years ago Scud was everywhere and won everything, now Basse has (rather cruelly) pointed out that he didn't get any votes for best moderator.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 12-26-09 12:35 PM CT (US)     8 / 164  
I'm helpful?

YoshiX100000~AoKH's Official Playtester of All Short, Funny Viking Cutscenes by Varied Equine Species, PhD-Emeritus-Magna-cum-Laude-Esq.
Now in Fuschia!!

"I wish I knew what Yoshi's doing on the roof, especially in winter." ~Sissi
"Yoshi lived up to his name and split into 100000." ~Rocking Doom
posted 12-26-09 01:39 PM CT (US)     9 / 164  
No hard feelings now Yoshi!

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
posted 12-26-09 02:04 PM CT (US)     10 / 164  
A couple of years ago Scud was everywhere and won everything, now Basse has (rather cruelly) pointed out that he didn't get any votes for best moderator.
I'm sorry if it's interpretable as mean, I wrote together this while I was very tired so I didn't think the formulations through much at all.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 12-26-09 02:30 PM CT (US)     11 / 164  
Can I win the "comeback after 5 yrs award"

Let the fire fall, let the wind blow

<<<<<<(((((((((((((((((FREEDOM!)))))))))))))))))))))))>>>>>>

***~Slow dancing in a burning room~***
posted 12-26-09 02:44 PM CT (US)     12 / 164  
Congrats TLM and morgoat.

Can't really say I'm surprised with the results, though.
posted 12-26-09 02:52 PM CT (US)     13 / 164  
I bet I will be the best newbie.

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
posted 12-26-09 02:55 PM CT (US)     14 / 164  
I'm sorry if it's interpretable as mean, I wrote together this while I was very tired so I didn't think the formulations through much at all.
Actually looking at it again I think I misinterpreted it. Sorry.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 12-26-09 03:41 PM CT (US)     15 / 164  
I bet I will be the best newbie.
Well I voted for you. But not really.

Also, I wish for all the awards at once. I dislike waiting.

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people. ~Anonymous
Romano British AAR ~Defunct.
Kingdom of Albion AAR ~Finished 1/26/08.
WRE Migration/Defensive AAR ~Defunct.
Numidian Defensive AAR ~Ongoing

[This message has been edited by General_Zavier (edited 12-26-2009 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 12-26-09 03:45 PM CT (US)     16 / 164  
Too bad for you.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 12-26-09 10:47 PM CT (US)     17 / 164  
I am honored and a bit surprised by this!

I guess I do try to be helpful, but I am still a newbie about many things. There are many other people here that know so much more about the game, designing, modding, and how to fix technical glitches. I must have you all fooled!

Best Moderator? Hai guys - I'm not a moderator here *giggles* - just at the Blacksmith - but thank you all so much for thinking I could ban so much as a fly. *swats fly with long hairy tail* I think our real moderators deserve a standing ovation for keeping all of us in line! (Can I pass this award to Sly on technicalities?)

*shares a big pan of fudge with everyone*

Olaf the Tardy ~ ~ ~ ~ T he Laughing Mule
              (\__/)
              |^^|-,___,-._,<
              (o o),|___| \
           _V_v_||_||_||_||_v_v_V
.sig by Dark_Reign
posted 12-27-09 00:22 AM CT (US)     18 / 164  
You guys had better speak to your dieticians, because this meal is high in PHAT.
posted 12-27-09 05:26 AM CT (US)     19 / 164  
I'm not surprised either with the results so far, but I don't envy them :P

Congraculations, Lady Mule. You sure made an impression

EDIT: Thanks for the funny intro Lord Basse

EDIT EDIT:
1st morgoth bauglir: 46 (*)
2nd Espadachim: 11
2nd Cilibinarii

4th Guthan: 8
Wouldn't that give me the third place? :P

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro

[This message has been edited by Guthan (edited 12-27-2009 @ 05:30 AM).]

posted 12-27-09 01:36 PM CT (US)     20 / 164  
Best Moderator? Hai guys - I'm not a moderator here *giggles* - just at the Blacksmith - but thank you all so much for thinking I could ban so much as a fly. *swats fly with long hairy tail* I think our real moderators deserve a standing ovation for keeping all of us in line! (Can I pass this award to Sly on technicalities?)
Moderator = staff member, so no, you mayn't.

Thanks for the votes, although I'm surprised I got a single vote for being helpful...

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
posted 12-27-09 05:31 PM CT (US)     21 / 164  
Aw darn, didn't win.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 12-28-09 08:05 AM CT (US)     22 / 164  
Here we go, today's categories:

Most Improved Forumer
With age comes wisdom maturity and manners, improvement comes like a curse upon all newbies. Some come to the site being mature and with good manners already, and for others it takes longer to grow up (hence my 1st, 3rd and 5th place the past three years!) Not to say non-newbs can't improve, but still. The trophy this year goes to Espadachim!

1st Espadachim: 28
2nd Guthan: 17
3rd Cilibinarii: 12

4th Coldviper: 7
5th Tanks fst
5th Turty
8th Jecon: 3
8th morgoth bauglir
8th Berserker Jerker
8th Popeychops
12th TheLaughingMule: 2
12th Leif Ericson
14th Sir Twi: 1
14th CarlosFerdinand
14th OtmShankIII

Nicest Forumer
Really quite self-explanatory category this, isn't it? This category sees another landslide victory, and once again it goes no other than Lady Mule herself, TheLaughingMule!

1st TheLaughingMule: 35
2nd Lord Basse: 12 (*)
3rd Guthan: 10

4th Other White Meat: 7
5th Andanu Trisatya: 6 (*)
5th Coldviper
7th RubberMan: 4
7th Sly_guy
9th Major Helper: 3
9th Dead_End
9th Cilibinarii
12th Leif Ericson: 2
12th Mashek
12th Jatayu
12th ax_man1
16th Cobra the Mediocre: 1
16th YoshiX10000
16th sissi
16th OtmShankIII

Funniest Forumer
The most prominent comedians, victims of public humiliation and such are the funniest forummers around, the people that bring joy and happiness to the site, completing the warmth given by the nicest folks, creating a wonderful harmony! Well, not really, but these are the people we laugh most with, or at. It was a tough game getting to the top, but in first place we find Other White Meat, followed closely by Aro!

1st Other White Meat: 18
2nd Aro: 17 (*)
3rd morgoth bauglir: 13

4th TheLaughingMule: 9
5th Bart Pimpson: 8
6th Major Helper: 6
7th Julius999: 5
8th Ornlu: 4
8th Surge
10th Lord Basse: 3
10th GBH_Roland
10th Dtrungle
10th Grand Admiral Pawn
10th Popeychops
10th Espadachim
10th nav
17th Guthan: 2
18th Kor: 1
18th Cobra the Mediocre
18th Cilibinarii
18th Jeffrey
18th Dark_Reign
18th MerryBrandybuck
18th Gwame

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 12-28-09 08:56 AM CT (US)     23 / 164  
Wow, I got the sixth place on most funniest O.O

Thank you everyone who voted for me!

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 12-28-09 09:34 AM CT (US)     24 / 164  
In your face, one gold and one bronze. I AM SO MUCH SUPERIOUR TO ALL OF YOU.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 12-28-09 10:22 AM CT (US)     25 / 164  
You're Estonian, most people voted for you out of pity.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » FotY 2009: the Eighth Annual Forummer of the Year Awards
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames