Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: World Cup
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 05-28-10 02:07 PM CT (US)   
Just throwing this out there since the football World Cup starts in two weeks. Any thoughts on who'll win this year?

Round of 16
Uruguay - Korea Republic -> 2-1
USA - Ghana -> 1-2
Netherlands - Slovakia -> 2-1
Brazil - Chile -> 3-0
Argentina - Mexico -> 3-1
Germany - England -> 4-1
Paraguay - Japan -> 0-0 (Paraguay wins after penalties)
Spain - Portugal -> 1-0

Quarter finals
Netherlands - Brazil -> 2-1
Uruguay - Ghana -> 1-1 (Uruguay wins after penalties)
Argentina - Germany -> 0-4
Paraguay - Spain -> 0-1

Semi finals
Netherlands - Uruguay -> 3-2
Germany - Spain -> 0-1

Finals
Netherlands - Spain -> 0-1

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 07-13-2010 @ 03:01 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-28-10 02:42 PM CT (US)     1 / 355  
posted 05-28-10 03:30 PM CT (US)     2 / 355  
Germany

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 05-28-10 04:21 PM CT (US)     3 / 355  
I'm betting my money on Argentina.
posted 05-28-10 04:37 PM CT (US)     4 / 355  
Brazil.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 05-28-10 05:14 PM CT (US)     5 / 355  
Arizona Diamondbacks

"Shower this man in gold and let him bathe in silver!" ~ Aro
"Can we throw MerryBrandyBuck into a cell??!!" ~ ZayanK
"Curse your awesomeness...Merry.." ~ Jecon

"(if scout found deer near mill)(have no sheeps)=>(HUNT DEM DEARS!)" ~ Mooseeeeey
posted 05-28-10 05:24 PM CT (US)     6 / 355  
I support England becuase I'm englishbut I sort of want Brazil to win. IMO England play football for the money where as Brazil plays for the glory.
posted 05-28-10 07:42 PM CT (US)     7 / 355  
1. Spain
2. Brasil
3. England
4. Germany or Portugal

Thats my forcast take it or leave it but I want England to stuff them all

Finally got Skype! rubber-man-1
posted 05-28-10 09:07 PM CT (US)     8 / 355  
Why do you put this thread?

There are 3 things people will never get the same opinion, and one is the sports, unless you try to make some kind of poll-like thread.

EDIT: Mexico is bad and his group is even worst news, they will miracously reach the 2º stage. Just yesterday they lost against Nederlands, and on tuesday all ost against England, both with one point of difference.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 05-28-2010 @ 09:18 PM).]

posted 05-29-10 01:47 AM CT (US)     9 / 355  
Why do you put this thread?

There are 3 things people will never get the same opinion, and one is the sports, unless you try to make some kind of poll-like thread.
Which is why those "3" things will always make the best discussions.

I think Spain and Argentina are seriously the best candidates for World Championship at the moment, although England did really well in the earlier phases, too. For personal reasons I'm gonna be cheering for France, and I have high hopes about them, but we'll see. Most of all I want to see some good football, and that's why I hope Italy gets dropped out as early as possible.

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 05-29-10 07:49 AM CT (US)     10 / 355  
I think spain are likely to win it.
Obviously as a britischer I'm rooting for england, but I doubt they'll reach the semis.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 05-29-10 08:02 AM CT (US)     11 / 355  
Oh come on popey you know we will reach the semi's and then go out in tears

I have seen it so many times over the million years I have been alive and it is about time we won!!

I watched a few of Spains games and really do believe they will make it but football is football and if they hit a lucky team on the way their hopes could end there.

England do have a chance for a change but I think the British media will see that off by adding extra pressure to the players with all the rubbish they pump out during big games

France, Italy, Germany and do not believe will do anything but I always keep Germany in reserve as they pull it out of the bag when they need to....mostly.

posted 05-29-10 08:31 AM CT (US)     12 / 355  
Brazil

The 1st Most Improved Forummer of 2010.
The 3rd Most Improved Designer of both 2009 and 2010.
Obviously, member of the great and the well known BlackForest Studios.
Was host of Continous Screenshot Competition I at AoEHeaven.
posted 05-29-10 08:39 AM CT (US)     13 / 355  
I understand your feelings there fan but the thing is did you see Brasil perform over the last 2 or 3 years?

They are not what they were at all anymore. I used to like watching their football but now they just look like the rest of the idiots in the premier league

Someone comes within 10 yards of them and they're on the floor rolling around like an Italian.

posted 05-29-10 01:31 PM CT (US)     14 / 355  
Tbh Brazil were overrated as it was. They had an above-average side, but they weren't gods of football. Its not like they had Pele reincarnated.
its like argentina. They've got Messi and Tevez. And Mascherano. Who else?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 05-29-10 03:24 PM CT (US)     15 / 355  
where as Brazil plays for the glory.
Not really.. Each player gets paid 450.000 euro if they win the cup.
posted 05-29-10 04:29 PM CT (US)     16 / 355  
I'm 43 and I would play my bollocks off for £450k lol Go England!

posted 06-01-10 07:51 PM CT (US)     17 / 355  
I'm not much of a footballer, I find the sport to be rubbish. but I have my money on Brazil. Englands just going to get thrashed in the face like it did the last billion world cups.
posted 06-02-10 01:24 PM CT (US)     18 / 355  
I highly approve this thread.

Thanks to that asshole from Ghana (who's going to eat dirt while his team get eliminated from Group D), Germany will have to endure being Ballack-less. But nevertheless, my faith to the team shall never falter. We still got Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Lahm and Klose, who all performed greatly on the qualifications. As long as everyone does his job as they should, maintaining a formidable and stable play, we can make it to the semi-finals and beyond.

That said, I'll be rooting for Die Mannschaft, as always.

-•|•- StormWind Studios -•|•- Blacksmith Files -•|•- Fabula Fatalis -•|•-

"No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms,
high on the waves you make for us, but not since you left have the waves come."
posted 06-02-10 03:50 PM CT (US)     19 / 355  
Thanks to that asshole from Ghana
That guy chopped some legs against us too yesterday..
posted 06-02-10 05:13 PM CT (US)     20 / 355  
Gonna be a lot of leg chopping from the African sides I can see that!

My neighbours are German and we will shout for each others teams unless they play each other!

Come on England, come on Germany

posted 06-03-10 05:27 AM CT (US)     21 / 355  
I think Germany shall win it, but I'm supporting Ghana.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 06-03-10 05:34 AM CT (US)     22 / 355  
Necer played or watched football,but I think it will be Brazil
posted 06-03-10 05:35 AM CT (US)     23 / 355  
i reckon Australia will win it cause we are the number one soccer team on the planet, also we are called the Socceroos!

So, again Devestator shut the f*ck up, for your own good, and for mine aswell. If you think im a noob, continue with that, but do not tell that noobstuff to the others, because there's people who do not give a flying f*ck about you, komprenas? SHUT THE F*CK UP, AND REMAIN SILENT stupid pervert. - NertyOX
posted 06-03-10 10:39 AM CT (US)     24 / 355  
posted 06-03-10 10:43 AM CT (US)     25 / 355  
As the American sports fan here I have to put my chips behind US of A. That being said I have never watched a world cup and I won't break that trend this year either. Of course, in my defense, that decision is out of my hands since I will be working a residence camp during that time period and will be without tv. I just wish more of you guys cared about basketball or football as Americans consider it. Oh well.

Lakers in six.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » World Cup
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames