Bottom
Topic Subject: Piece By Piece 4
« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
posted 10-15-11 07:13 PM CT (US)   
RESERVE SPOTS AVAILABLE!

AOKH SD&M COMMUNITY PRESENTS...

GENERAL INFORMATION

What is this?

After almost 3 years of waiting and contemplating, I'm proud to announce that our time has come again for another Piece by Piece!

For some of you who either have just joined the forums or have been living as a recluse confined in a solitary island, Piece By Piece (from now on referred as PbP) is a project first conceived by newIdea, in which the AoKH community share their talent and creativity to work together in one big scenario. The map itself is divided into 25 squares equal in size, small enough to be easily completed in the four day time limit, and large enough to show your skill.

The team leader (yours truly), starts the story in the first one. Afterwards, the next 23 squares are designed by one person each, until the final square is reached, where the team leader concludes the story. Basically, we don't come with a predefined story. Instead, I will make the beginning of it, and the rest of the team will continue the way they intend the story to develop.

When it's your turn, I will email you the file. You will then have four days to design your square. Email me back once you're finished with the new file. Three days will be allocated for me to review your square, fixing it if it doesn't work either due to a bug or a trigger error, and then sending the file to the next person to continue.

There is no restriction on who can take part. As always, the fundamental principle is not to make a dazzling top quality scenario, it's purely to have fun and create something the community can be proud of just for completing.

Once you sign up and you're waiting for your turn, why not take a gander at all the past PbPs this marvelous community have created thus far? Here they are:

Piece by Piece 1 (hosted by newIdea)
Piece by Piece 2 (hosted by Dave_Earl)
Piece by Piece 3 (hosted by Julius999)

What Can I Do In Four Days?
Mostly, it's up to you. If you wish, you can just make your square a scenery square with no triggers, which the player only needs to pass through. If you have more time available, you can do a mini-game, cut-scene, riddle or anything else that fits into your 25x25 square.

SQUARE ALLOCATION

(Thanks to Draconian Devil for the grid)

THE RULES

(taken from previous PbPs)

GENERAL

* If I need to, I will make any further rule changes when deemed necessary. There is no limitation on this, and my interpretation of the rules is final. You may argue if your opinion is sensible.
* If you have something to say, please write story ideas or discussion in the Victory message section, and write notes about your square in the Hints section.
* Please do not change any of the player settings (such as the color, diplomacy, civilization, starting age, etc). If you feel the need to do it, consult it with me first.
* Please do not change diplomacy of Player 1 towards all other players.
* If you want player to fight a green enemy (for example), change the ownership of the units as needed rather than changing diplomacy. It's neater anyway.
* Please avoid researching technologies. If you believe researching a technology is absolutely necessary for you square, please discuss it with me. Bear in mind that the heroes have their names changed, so technologies researched in your square will not affect them.

TRIGGERS

* Please be considerate with your triggering.
* Please give all your triggers names which mean something.
* Please keep the number of effects in your trigger to a sensible size (for debugging purposes).
* All your triggers should start in an “off” state. At the top of your trigger section, there is a trigger called “Activator.” Turning this on should activate all the triggers that need activating in your square. Exception: triggers that stop Gaia objects and trade carts from wandering around the map.
* If you are using negative effects, please note this in the description box of that trigger. For example “Effect 3 is a negative effect, value -300.”
* Please avoid using “the invisible tile” is possible. The preferred method is “the invisibility cloak”, by newIdea. You can download a tutorial on this from The Blacksmith. If you cloak an object, please make a note of this, and the unit and the battering rams' id in the description of your “notes” trigger. For example “Battering Ram Id#123 and Archer id#124 cloaked at map co-ordinate X:32, Y:54.”
* Please do your own play-testing. If you send me a broken square I will fix it in whichever way I feel like (and is easiest). This is probably not a good thing for you.

SOUNDS

* I'm flexible on file size, although I strongly encourage you to convert to the more economical .mp3 format.
* If you are using a sound, please make a note of this in the description box of the trigger that plays the sound. For example “Effect 4 plays sound ‘aargh.mp3’”.
* You might add your own custom music to accompany your square, but it must end as soon as the player reaches the next square. Bear in mind that I might reduce the music quality if the size is too large.

MAP

* Each section of the grid is 25 x 25 squares in size.
* The squares are marked by lines of Dirt_one/Ice. You are responsible for the line described in your 'Activator' trigger.
* The default terrain is grass 1. The default elevation is 1.

AI

* The map will be using an Immobile-units style AI.
* It will be possible to include AI effects in your squares. However, these will probably be limited to chat-detection and random-effects. If you want to include these effects, please advise me of this when your turn to design arrives, and we can work together to amend the script.
* Please contact me via email if you’d like me to send you a copy of the AI so you can get started. If you won’t be including difficulty-dynamism, then something like Zanzard Lothar’s Immoble AI (from the Blacksmith) will be fine.

SCHEDULE

Taking Part
All you need to do to take part is sign up here with your email included, taking one of the slots below. I do ask however that if you sign up you treat this as a commitment. I'm absolutely fine with you needing to swap with someone else or dropping out, but please don't disappear off the face of the planet without a word. If this happens, your square will be allocated to the first reserve to post asking for it. So if all the squares are taken, it's still worth signing up as a reserve.

If you don't want to post your email, you can contact me at trisatya88[at]yahoo.com or andanutrisatya[at]gmail.com. Please make your forum username the subject of your email!

Schedule (Subject To Change)
Square A1: 16th October - Andan
Square A2: 22th October - 25th October - Dead_End
Square A3: 26th October - 29th October - Dtrungle
Square A4: 31th October - 3rd November - Draconian Devil
Square A5: 7th November - 10th November - panel
Square B5: 14th November - 17th November - den cekke
Square B4: 21th November - 24th November - Dementor561
Square B3: 28th November - 1st December - GeneralR
Square B2: 10th December - 14th December - Possidon
Square B1: 18th December - 21st December - pong676
Square C1: 25th December - 28th December - Lord Basse
Square C2: 3rd January - 6th January - Teotl
Square C3: 9th January - 12th January - Jetkill Fastmurder
Square C4: 16th January - 19th January - Mithril Knight
Square C5: 23rd January - 26th January -
Watsonn
Square C5: 7th May - 10th MayIrwinnerDavidboy
Square D5: 12th May- 15th May- ***Reserver***
Square D4: 17th May - 20th May - Lief Ericson
Square D3: 22nd May - 25rd May- cartoon_paperboy
Square D2: 27th May - 30th May - How
Square D1: 3rd June - 5th June - Popeychops
Square E1: 7th June - 10th June - Carol Karine
Square E2: 12th June - 15th June - Lord Sipia
Square E3: 19th June - 21st June - Tetsuo Shima
Square E4: 22nd June - 25th June June - Teh
Square E5: 28th June - 30th June - Andan

Reserve
1. offwo200
2. Dannflor
3. shieldwolf23
4. Possidon
5. Madhu
6. BIHSting

Dropped Out
Donnieboy
Pears
Mashek
Watson

As you can see, all squares have been taken, but that doesn't mean you can't sign up as a reserve! Post a reply in this thread or send me a mail confirming your participation. First come, first served!

[This message has been edited by panel (edited 06-04-2012 @ 03:03 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-03-12 10:25 PM CT (US)     421 / 469  
Yep, four days it is. As always, the sooner the better, though it's not compulsory.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 06-04-12 02:44 AM CT (US)     422 / 469  
After Dannflor, next to do the square will be cartoon paperboy? I'm asking so I know how to update the grid
posted 06-04-12 04:06 AM CT (US)     423 / 469  
I'm available to fill in a square if you want me to.

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
AOK Designer of the Year 2012
Core Team Member & Site Co-Administrator,Empire Creations
posted 06-04-12 05:55 AM CT (US)     424 / 469  
After Dannflor, next to do the square will be cartoon paperboy? I'm asking so I know how to update the grid
Lief is next in line after Dannflor. Then Cartoon paperboy. Basically it's back to normal now.
posted 06-04-12 08:23 AM CT (US)     425 / 469  
good to see this progress!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
posted 06-04-12 01:14 PM CT (US)     426 / 469  
Was Cartoon Paperboy going to be replaced out?

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-04-12 02:55 PM CT (US)     427 / 469  
No, but I recommend getting in contact with him before Leif finishes his square, just so we know if we can count on him.

EDIT: also, I've updated the grid, replacing watson with irwinnerdavidboy. Tetsuo or Andan please tell me if I got it right, because the schedule is a little... ambiguous relating to that issue

[This message has been edited by panel (edited 06-04-2012 @ 03:04 PM).]

posted 06-04-12 04:06 PM CT (US)     428 / 469  
I haven't received the file yet so I assume it's just being bug fixed and such?

Man, Dann, you sure did wipe the... flor... with him on that one! BAM! OOO! ~ Aro
posted 06-04-12 04:47 PM CT (US)     429 / 469  
EDIT: also, I've updated the grid, replacing watson with irwinnerdavidboy. Tetsuo or Andan please tell me if I got it right, because the schedule is a little... ambiguous relating to that issue
yes, it's right now

I think once Danflorr has finished is when we should contact cartoon_paperboy. If he doesn't reply the spot should go to the next in line - Shieldwolf.
posted 06-09-12 02:42 AM CT (US)     430 / 469  
so, how's everything now?

My Profile in Empire Earth || Latest Submissions Two Flags: Battle for Africa ||Jun 2023
My Profile in Age of Kings || Latest Submission Shadows of Betrayal || August 2012
posted 06-10-12 11:46 AM CT (US)     431 / 469  
Err... I still haven't received the file.

Man, Dann, you sure did wipe the... flor... with him on that one! BAM! OOO! ~ Aro
posted 06-24-12 04:04 PM CT (US)     432 / 469  
I refuse to let this sink into nothingness. As such,
*bump*

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 06-24-12 04:38 PM CT (US)     433 / 469  
What Sipia said! You're making AoKH history here, men! Get your act together!
posted 06-24-12 07:39 PM CT (US)     434 / 469  
So yeah, still haven't received the file...

posted 06-25-12 01:10 AM CT (US)     435 / 469  
Is Andan the one who should have the file, since Dannflor doesn't have it?

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 06-25-2012 @ 01:11 AM).]

posted 06-25-12 01:07 PM CT (US)     436 / 469  
Indeed. I thought he sent it. Will have to email him to find out whats going on.
posted 06-25-12 09:02 PM CT (US)     437 / 469  
If it would be helpful, I could take over the running of this project for a while. I'd probably want the chance to do a square of my own, but if the designers still to come co-operate then I'm sure we could have this uploaded before the end of summer.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 06-26-12 00:56 AM CT (US)     438 / 469  
still available

posted 06-26-12 01:32 AM CT (US)     439 / 469  
I'm all for Julius taking over at this point. Since Andan is not seen here for weeks (even months) I will assume that he is very busy at the time, so he shouldn't mind this.
posted 06-26-12 10:27 AM CT (US)     440 / 469  
I'm still up for a square. I'd like to request the square either as the next person, or as the person after next, depending on how long the transition takes. (IE, after the 1st but before the 14th would be best.)

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-09-12 10:02 AM CT (US)     441 / 469  
The thread fell to the second page again.

Undertake something instead of just talks, you guys! Where is the file now?

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
posted 07-09-12 10:05 AM CT (US)     442 / 469  
I messaged Andan a few days ago. No reply yet.
posted 07-09-12 12:03 PM CT (US)     443 / 469  
I'm sure Andan will respond in time, but do we have a backup file if worst comes to worst?

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 07-09-12 12:49 PM CT (US)     444 / 469  
IRwinnerdavidboy should have the scenario so far, I believe.
posted 07-11-12 06:24 PM CT (US)     445 / 469  
Julius can take my place and the last square.

I just don't have a considerable amount of time and motivation for AoK anymore, so rather than stalling this project even longer, I'd rather hand the wheel permanently to someone of a high caliber. Good luck, Julius. Tetsuo should have the latest file. He already did sent it to me, but I must have accidentally deleted the e-mail.

That being said, I bid you guys farewell, and until our paths cross again sometime in the distant future.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 07-12-12 10:28 AM CT (US)     446 / 469  
Ok. On that note, I'll forward the email on to the next in line. I think dave actually finished his file so I believe Dannflor is next.

Andan, can you check your email once more? I have a quick question to ask.
posted 07-20-12 09:24 AM CT (US)     447 / 469  
*bump*

posted 07-20-12 09:18 PM CT (US)     448 / 469  
I can take the scenario at any time from now till about next summer. come on guys!

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-23-12 09:37 PM CT (US)     449 / 469  
which active person has the most up-to-date file?

posted 07-24-12 10:29 AM CT (US)     450 / 469  
there is obviously a power void going on and this is affecting the evolution of this project.

I wish somebody really put time into managing this. IF Julius still wants to, he should make his presence felt here.

[This message has been edited by panel (edited 07-24-2012 @ 10:30 AM).]

posted 07-24-12 12:34 PM CT (US)     451 / 469  
I've got the time and the energy to boss you all about if Julius backs out. I've been reading this thread since its genesis and getting damn annoyed at the lack of organization whilst I've been doing it.
posted 07-24-12 12:42 PM CT (US)     452 / 469  
It'll be term time before I get the file

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-24-12 03:44 PM CT (US)     453 / 469  
I'm still happy to do it, although realistically it may be that I have to hand over at some point, as we've lost even more time since I first offered. But I've managed a PbP before and am pretty reliable, so I think I can get it going again.

I would like to be sent the most recent version of the scenario, to julius749[at]yahoo.com. If people are happy for me to run it, let's say we go with whatever is the most recent file I receive on Friday or earlier.

It would also be helpful if everyone yet to come who is still interested posted here, with their email address.

In return for putting in the time to run it, I will also want to do a square. Andan has dropped out so there is at least one square available, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I may also make a new thread, so I can edit the topic post.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 07-24-12 03:51 PM CT (US)     454 / 469  
I'm still interested.

Lordsipia[at]hotmail[dot]com

posted 07-24-12 05:13 PM CT (US)     455 / 469  
I agree starting over with a new topic would be the best thing to do at this point. And I fully support Julius taking over.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 11 12 13 14  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Piece By Piece 4
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames