You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Best one?
posted 17 February 2003 07:06 PM EDT (US)   
Whats the best scenario out there? I am talking cameras, sounds, gameplay, the works!

I have downloaded and played quite a few, but they just do seem to do the trick.

Humor Heaven - where smiles are born and stuff
Replies:
posted 17 February 2003 07:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Yeah,

Is somebody still gonna do the .scn with the customs sounds, and voices. That would be really cool.

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
The lighter side of Aom

posted 17 February 2003 07:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Well, my scenario includes custom music and ambient sounds.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 17 February 2003 07:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
mine too, and an intro .avi movie

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 17 February 2003 09:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Shadow's Campaign is currently the best I've played for AOM (though it's not as good as his AOK work) - it's not done yet though.

Second would be my World Map VX™, which also isn't finished but is devilishly close to release.

Tieing with me for second would be Byzantine's map, which also ironicly isn't done yet.

Night_Conqueror's campaign is the only good "semi-proffesional" one, but personally I didn't like it.

The other 99.99% of scenarios in the blacksmith aren't very good...

Besides Matei's Norse Wars, it's a random map generated Multiplayer Scenario. So you can download that for now.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy monkey (edited 02-17-2003 @ 09:45 PM).]

posted 17 February 2003 09:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  

Quote:

Night_Conqueror's campaign is the only good "semi-proffesional" one, but personally I didn't like it.

I agree with you, I didn't like the way it turned out, mostly because there were various problems with the editor I hadn't counted on when I planned the game. (One of them being that you if you skip one movie, it will skip them all)I hope that part two will be somewhat more proffesional.

Night Conqueror
posted 17 February 2003 10:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Same here,

The ones that Ch33zy named are the best. The other well....

--:: Jo NnYCaR tOoNeY::--
AomJunkie - Junkie Assistant
~ www.aomjunkie.com ~
The lighter side of Aom

posted 17 February 2003 11:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
Aw shucks Cheezy.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 17 February 2003 11:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Cheezy's world map is the only thing I've played thus far that I've liked. And it's not even finished yet. Considering it isn't just another "world map", but has all these neat-o features.

NC's was "iffy", too many bugs, too many cinemactic errors made the entire notion of understanding the story impossible. The gameplay, however, was pleasent. Though not my cup of tea.

Norse Wars= The best thing to happen thus far for the online community. Great...great fun. And an great RM feat as well.

As others have said, everything else is just...ah..."plain". Quality isn't something that is in high amounts, but certainly the demand is high.
Then again, I've only played around 20 or so scenarios. And most of them I didn't even like that much.

Angel §hadow§HGAge of Mythology Heaven
SHADOWMIND
Episode One4.4Episode Three4.8Episode Four4.6
THE SWALLOWED REALM Chapter One4.6Chapter Two4.9Chapter Three4.6
¥Life Is Overrated¥
posted 17 February 2003 11:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
[Deleted because I haven't released my project as of yet.]

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 02-05-2004 @ 01:29 PM).]

posted 18 February 2003 07:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
My favourite AOM level is Makaveli99's Returning Home it has level ups. He has just released a new one called Reginleifs revenge it looks pretty good.
posted 18 February 2003 08:10 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
I haven't played much at all, nor have I heard for Matei's map (link?), but I found the Helm's Deep scenario at AoMH to be a good hour or so of enjoyable gaming.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
posted 18 February 2003 12:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  

If returning home type scns start to get into Best of AoMH, the quality oif SD is really down here.

IMO, a scenario all the designers (atleast the not-aok/ee era ones) should play is Odyssesy I - Land of Ciccinatus (or something( by kan_apo

Good map design (better than any out there till now) and nicely made (still not upto the mark though).

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 18 February 2003 08:12 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  

Quote:

Cheezy's world map is the only thing I've played thus far that I've liked. And it's not even finished yet. Considering it isn't just another "world map", but has all these neat-o features.

The demo is so whimpy compared to what i've got down now
Thanks for the comments, I'll make sure your one of the first people to check out the world map. And you can help me and Matei with testing later on if you want

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 18 February 2003 08:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
I believe Europe Under Fire 2 will be the best thing since sliced bread. With a total of over 50 gameplay combinations friends and foes alike will be able to battle over Europe multiple times, having a unique playing experience each time.
posted 18 February 2003 09:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  

Quote:

I'll make sure your one of the first people to check out the world map. And you can help me and Matei with testing later on if you want.

I'd be more than glad to help.

posted 19 February 2003 01:27 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Thanks guys...I will have to check those out...if I can find them.

Actually to tell you the truth, this kinda gave me some inspiration!

Humor Heaven - where smiles are born and stuff
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Best one?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames