You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (SCNPunk) Troy Massacre is out!
posted 26 February 2003 06:52 PM EDT (US)   
Available NOW, @ the AoMH downloads section near you:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=691
Available NOW, @ the ScnPunk team HQ:
http://www.scnpunk.com/aompunk/project/displayproject.php?id=3&page=3

Troy Massacre by ScnPunk team.

2vs2 map for ESO (+2 cpu players)
Troy Massacre is a first project of it`s kind. A Multiplayer blood with a story, cutscenes and a whole bunch more. Inside you will find twice as much stuff as AoM CPNs have. All that with a sure hit Massacre(TM) Gameplay

http://scnpunk.com/aompunk/project/tm/real2.jpg

Troy Massacre is an Online Epic Campaign, or at least`s that`s what we were going for, mixing all the best story telling/cutscene movies/multi mission elements of a single player campaign with the wicked multiplayer experience AoM provides. Not sure how close we got to our goal, You`d be the judge of that.

http://scnpunk.com/aompunk/project/tm/real10.jpg

As it stands now, there are 15 cutscenes in this multiplayer campaign, each marking different plot events. Total length of all the cutscenes is about 9 minutes, and on average a game of Troy Massacre will take anywhere from 15 to 50 minutes (depending on how long the battle lasts and on how far the story will progress)

http://scnpunk.com/aompunk/project/tm/real9.jpg

Alas, all the cutscenes are just a package for the heart of the Trojan Massacre - The Massacre style gameplay.
Here are some highlights:
-Up to 50 minutes of NON-Stop wicked fighting.
-Over 3000+units will be created and die during one game,
-An average of 40-50 GPs will be used be players.
-Gameplay ranges from laying siege to the armed to the teeth strongholds, defending the strongholds and even the town of Troy itself, fighting in the open field. Defending the shoreline. Retreating under story influenced 2-3X bigger enemy army and soo much more.
-up to 12 different unit types created at one time for a player.
-9 different unit combinations will be available as the story progresses (i.e Great Centaury Army, Agamemnon’s Siege force, or the ranged combo for Trojan defense.

http://scnpunk.com/aompunk/project/tm/real11.jpg

Good fighting!

[This message has been edited by scnpunk (edited 02-26-2003 @ 07:08 PM).]

Replies:
posted 26 February 2003 08:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
And here I thought I was going to beat you and release King of Titans first. I would have released KOT by now, if it wasn't so difficult to get 4 of my friends together to play . And when I finally did, we were getting Out of Syncs with all 4 players in the scenario. I'm still trying to figure out if thats going to be a common problem because of the scenario or if it was just the people I invited that caused it... Anyway, good luck with it, Ex-T! I hope its a success, and it had better be balanced by now!

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 02-26-2003 @ 08:56 PM).]

posted 26 February 2003 11:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
posted 26 February 2003 11:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
BTW, does anyone know how can I edit the description page (@ downloads)? I didn`t know UBB script doesn`t work there.
thanks.
posted 27 February 2003 03:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
Nice scenario =). This could have been a nice single player scenario as well. (It would be even better, in my opinion.)

About the description page at the download section: it doesn't seem to support neither html nor UBB codes.

I posted in the website forum a while back, commenting on how the download section's description page could use the message writing format used by the forums -- previews, edit, etc. -- which would facilitate the editing of the uploads for the authors. But I guess improving the download section isn't on top of AOMHeaven's priority list, unfortunately.

The AoK Blacksmith's intricate design was one of the main reasons for the sucess and longevity of the AOK scenario design community.

posted 27 February 2003 04:03 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
i played this map earlier with some friends.....it seems the scenario needs more testing...

the movies were cool, but at the beginning... the black bars got removed too soon, and you could see the white text down at the bottom (where the minimap shows) and that went on for the last minute or so of the opening scenes... so i basically missed the storyline.

the other thing.. which i could not understand.. was it kept saying -GAME OVER- at the bottom..... and then... a cut scene would come in... and i would have more stuff to do.... that happened twice i think. it said game over at the bottom... while timers were still going at the top.

i ended up resigning... 20 mins or so into play because of all the confusion....

seems like a lot of time was spent creating this scenario... but for me it was a real disappointment...

i did setup the game properly (i think) with cpu players at 5 & 6 slots....

i just think that maybe this scenario needs more tweaking

-B

posted 27 February 2003 04:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
PS - not trying to bash your new scenario... i think it's cool.... just wanted to see if anyone else experinced the same problems as me...
posted 27 February 2003 08:12 AM EDT (US)     7 / 19  

Quote:

BTW, does anyone know how can I edit the description page (@ downloads)? I didn`t know UBB script doesn`t work there.
thanks.

Use the update submission feature; unfortunately it puts your map offline till it gets seen by a moderator however.

Good job on TM guys .

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 27 February 2003 09:28 AM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
Bailx, that happened because one of the first 4 players was a CPU. And you are talking about the Beta version right?
posted 28 February 2003 01:09 AM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
... ah.. alright we only had 3 players... so we set # 4,5,6 to cpu...

guess it didnt like that...

and it was the version i downloaded from AOM heaven

posted 01 March 2003 12:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
Matei, I can`t seem to find this 'update submission' fature, could ya please point me how to go there?
thanks!

Producer, Art & Design Director
Reverie World Studios, INC
posted 01 March 2003 06:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
It's right under "post comment or review" under the thing that says Download Now on the main description page

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 03 March 2003 12:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
Thanks Cheezy,
oh and would html tags work there?
and like WTH, it worked @ EEH and AoKH! So that people could place a screen or two and maybe a project logo, or like a link to the soundpack.

posted 03 March 2003 04:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
The link to the update only shows up after you log in using the link at the right of the download central.
posted 03 March 2003 05:21 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
HTML and UBB is disabled when posting comments, reviews, descriptions, or anything.
Maybe it's a security measure or something, but it sucks. Shouldn't someone tell Zen how much it sucks?

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 06 March 2003 10:25 AM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
alright thanks guys.
So, anyone here liked TM?

posted 06 March 2003 08:43 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
The intro killed my 16 MB voodoo

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 06 March 2003 08:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
please refer your complaint/case to the "Victims of The Troy Massacre" organization.

posted 07 March 2003 11:53 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
members currently numbering 20000 trojans and 50000 arkhanians...

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
posted 10 March 2003 08:27 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Just want to point something out. In some of the cinematics in the begining, the camera tilts. I did this once in my World Map while toying with cinematics. If you go to the cinematics and find a point of a track where the camera is tilted then hault it there and move either left or right, the camera will zoom out. Rotate the camera abit to get some spiffy views.

It's hard to reproduce the tilted camera thing, I think you have to have the camera turn to the right and zoom out at the same time.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
----Stuff I've Made----
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » (SCNPunk) Troy Massacre is out!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames