You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOMTT Fan Campaigns in Magazine CD ROM???
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 24 February 2004 11:56 PM EDT (US)   
I got a little post from Auron saying that some of our scenarios and campaigns got included in some magazine-issued CD ROM. Can someone verify this for me? He said the magazine was called Game Star. If this is true someone should make an announcement on the Heaven main page, no? Sounds like a nifty promotion and may motivate more people to make and publish scenarios. I didn't receive any notice about it but just want to make sure before I tell my mom. j/k
Replies:
posted 25 February 2004 00:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 29  
my scenario setna and the lands of egypt was included on that CD-ROM thingy. along with other scenarios. but i thought they asked you permission. because before they decided to include my scenario, they asked me, and make me signed something on email. i'm not sure if the magazine has been released on public yet. i asked them to send me an issue, and i just got it like 8 days ago, with the magazine on german lenguage, and the CD-ROMs with the scenarios. there are a total of 14 scenarios. too bad i cant read german. the magazine is awesome.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 02-25-2004 @ 00:05 AM).]

posted 25 February 2004 02:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 29  
Way cool man. Contratulations! I won't complain too much, hehehehe, they probably couldn't find my sorry butt. I think this promotions is an excellent idea, and I am sure designers will be thrilled with the exposure. Now I am really interested in seeing this and will look into it more. Nice find Auron, you da man!!
posted 25 February 2004 04:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 29  
My campaign Survival of the Phoenix was included too.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
posted 25 February 2004 10:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 29  
Can we have a screen?
posted 25 February 2004 10:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 29  
@ oddy and auron2: Congratulations!
Yeah, too bad I can't read or understand German...

-=Skycat=-
posted 25 February 2004 03:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 29  
i'll get ya a cool screenshot of the list of the scenarios on the cd-rom. here are the scenarios that are included:
Campaigns:
-Survival of the Phoenix
-Raslin Quest for Love
Single:
-Athyr, A journey into the unknown
-Bandits
-Dwarves Vs. Giants
-Setna and the Lands of Egypt(mine, Nicholas Bastidas)
-Socerly2
-The Reluctant Heroine
-The Ultimate Challenge
-Treason
-Wrong place wrong time
Muliplayer:
-Horse Race(The Cheezy Monkey)
-Troy Massacre(Punk once again)
-Europe Undr fire 2(punk)

or maybe buy the magazine by internet if possible. i mean, it wouldnt be fair to give a screenshot of a magazine.

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 02-25-2004 @ 11:54 PM).]

posted 25 February 2004 03:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 29  
Could you give the exact name of the issue? Was it a "Sonderheft" (special issue) or a regular issue? Maybe the one from february? Or was it this one? Or this one?
Thank you
posted 25 February 2004 03:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 29  
posted 25 February 2004 03:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 29  
Man, that was quick Thank you I try your map now
posted 25 February 2004 04:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 29  
Wow, that's a real high quality looking magazine too. If there is a write up too bad one of our German speaking posters couldn't translate it for us. I think this story deserves a mention on Heaven's front page. So who wants to email Cheezy? Er, if you mods are seeing this, if you please! Good work everyone!
posted 25 February 2004 09:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 29  
Yeah, I knew about this since a month ago or so, when they contacted me (and others it seems?) about putting stuff in a magazine.

I thought it was only me, so I didn't know, but yeah if it included other works this might be worth a post in a magazine. Maybe if someone gets a scan of HG stuff on it though...

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 25 February 2004 09:17 PM EDT (US)     12 / 29  
what do you mean scan stuff from heavengames? it would be a good idea to scan the page where the scenarios were mentioned, and show it.
i have the page where the scenarios are listed on the magazine.

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 02-25-2004 @ 09:41 PM).]

posted 25 February 2004 11:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 29  
Maaaaannnn, I am always the last to know around here. *sighs* A write-up would be cool.

One thing I could never understand is why ES has never done a project like this. I mean, an Age edition between major releases, like a campaign add-on pack or something? There could even be a copy of the best fan scenarios and campaigns included on it. Lots of people play scenarios and campaigns, and such an initiative would not only sell well, but would be great promotion, for ES, for scenario design, and for the community at large. The idea has been suggested to them.

posted 25 February 2004 11:46 PM EDT (US)     14 / 29  
I could swear that Europe Under Fire 2 was designed to be a mutli player scenario only and did not actually work in single player.

But then again, rarely do any of these gaming magazines bother to look at whatever they throw into these bonus CDs.

[This message has been edited by iNtRePiD (edited 02-25-2004 @ 11:51 PM).]

posted 25 February 2004 11:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 29  
here:

http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_aw7/index.php?showtopic=52&st=0&

sorry, i made a typo there on the list with europe under fire. i'll fix it.

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 02-25-2004 @ 11:54 PM).]

posted 26 February 2004 01:03 AM EDT (US)     16 / 29  

Quote:

it would be a good idea to scan the page where the scenarios were mentioned, and show it.

That's what I meant Auron Re-read my post

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 26 February 2004 02:57 AM EDT (US)     17 / 29  
Now I don't know if I should be flattered because they included two of my scenarios - or angry because they did so without asking me first...

Anyway, I'm trying to get hold of a copy and I will translate it for you guys (provided no one else is faster of course).

posted 26 February 2004 03:22 AM EDT (US)     18 / 29  
Well done everyone who got included.
posted 26 February 2004 04:49 AM EDT (US)     19 / 29  
Thanks Felix for translating for us. We're the unwanted designers my man. ROFL.
posted 26 February 2004 02:44 PM EDT (US)     20 / 29  
Intresting to find my 2 year old scenario still make the mags

posted 27 February 2004 04:17 AM EDT (US)     21 / 29  
Okay, here's a quick and dirty (remember, I'm no pro) translation of the article:

Age of Mythology (Scenarios)

The highlights of our extras for Age of Mythology are the two campaigns 'Survival of the Phoenix' and 'Raistlin's Quest for Love'. (The latter needs the 'Titans' expansion to run.) In 'Raistlin's Quest for Love' you take the role of a young peasant named Raistlin who has fallen in love with a pretty girl named Cry. Try to win the heart of the young lady! In 'Survival of the Phoenix' the god Seth has destroyed the phoenixes; all that is left are three eggs. Beautiful cinematic sequences tell of the journey to the Valley of the Phoenix - for which you first have to gather enough resources.
We have also added a selection of eight single player and three multi player scenarios. (For one scenario in each group you need the 'Titans' expansion.) The tasks are original: For example, in 'The Ultimate Challenge' you have to bring an old man to his destination. Of course, many dangers and challenges await you along the way.

I haven't seen all the file descriptions on the CD; those about my scenarios are just really awful translations of the readme files. Still, it's nice to know one's work is appreciated!

posted 27 February 2004 12:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 29  

Quote:

Single:
-Athyr, A journey into the unknown
-Bandits
-Dwarves Vs. Giants
-Setna and the Lands of Egypt(mine, Nicholas Bastidas)
-Socerly2
-The Reluctant Heroine
-The Ultimate Challenge
-Treason
-Wrong place wrong time

Hmmm...

Although most on this list are really good, they should have checked them out before posting them. Alot of these made it to the top 20 list because of smurfs...

They didn't put up Shilmista OR Heroes of Avalon..strange.

posted 27 February 2004 03:25 PM EDT (US)     23 / 29  
As I said before, these gaming magazines rarely bother to do any research on what they should put into a bonus CD. They mostly just grab the top rated scenarios and ones that have nice titles or in some cases they just take scenarios at random.

I am sure that they didn't bother to play a lot of the stuff they put on their CD.

posted 27 February 2004 05:03 PM EDT (US)     24 / 29  
but shilmista, and guardians are also top rated scenarios, or battlestars last of the atlantians campaign is also top rated, and are located on the first page of the top rated list. how come they didnt see those cool scenarios?

posted 27 February 2004 05:18 PM EDT (US)     25 / 29  
Maybe someone here mailed them 50 bucks to exclude those
*hides*

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AOMTT Fan Campaigns in Magazine CD ROM???
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames