posted 31 May 2004 08:00 AM EDT (US)   

New thread is now up!!!

Click here!

[This message has been edited by EazY_ (edited 05-28-2005 @ 08:09 PM).]

Replies:
posted 31 May 2004 08:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1056  
I don't believe my eyes...
Folstag's men dare to come here!?

Hey dude, I have no permission to acces those pictures?!

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.

[This message has been edited by oddy (edited 05-31-2004 @ 08:28 AM).]

posted 31 May 2004 08:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 1056  
*Dang*
Ill put that right....

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 05-31-2004 @ 08:37 AM).]

posted 31 May 2004 09:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 1056  
Looks awsome. Lets hope your words are true....

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
Winner of the most underated forumer award!

posted 31 May 2004 09:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 1056  
posted 31 May 2004 09:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 1056  
Good.

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
Winner of the most underated forumer award!

posted 31 May 2004 09:52 AM EDT (US)     6 / 1056  
i have already seen the mods, and they do look awesome!, and the team has some really cool modders and designers, which will make it awesomer!

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 31 May 2004 10:22 AM EDT (US)     7 / 1056  
Really cool, those mods are awesome

I am the chosen one.

posted 31 May 2004 10:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 1056  
I'll see if Cool Skater can allow me to put together a "teaser" picture.

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

posted 31 May 2004 11:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 1056  
Hehe That'd be good of you!

-=Skycat=-
posted 31 May 2004 01:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 1056  
I'm hoping this will be based on the books...but with the Elves at Helm's Deep, it doesn't look like it. Good luck.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
posted 31 May 2004 02:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 1056  
Just for the record, how many LOTR projects have been anounced, and how many of them have actually been finished?

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 31 May 2004 02:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 1056  
A direct link to the pics please?

Who dares, wins!
¤ chaos ¤
Outer Heaven
Pixel Host :: Free Image Uploader!
Mwhaha I is now a N.D.A. teacher!!
posted 31 May 2004 02:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 1056  
Thats a lot of scenarios you have planned...
And I gather that the modpack isn't yet finished and the scenario design isn't yet started?

I think, as many other people often say, that a project as ambitious as this one should not be announced until a lot of it has been completed. Say, 70%, for example.
As it remains, I am very sceptical to this entire campaign being finished in quality.

Quote:

19.The Land of Shadow
20.Mount Doom
21.The Black Gate
22.Cinematic Scenario: Many Partings
23.Cinematic Scenario: The Grey Havens
24.Credits

Are you not doing the Scouring of the Shire?

I'm disappointed to read that this is based very much on the films. Even many of the scenario names are similar/same as the film chapters.

[This message has been edited by Focus (edited 05-31-2004 @ 03:33 PM).]

posted 31 May 2004 02:42 PM EDT (US)     14 / 1056  
If it ever will be finished at all, it sounds too big...

But I'm looking forward to pictures, I guess the modpack alone is worth ten 5.0 ratings !

posted 31 May 2004 03:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 1056  
Start it before you say it's going to be the best in the world.

Good luck but I have a feeling this is going to suffer the same fate as mine did...

posted 31 May 2004 03:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 1056  

Quote:

Just for the record, how many LOTR projects have been anounced, and how many of them have actually been finished?

Number of LOTR projects annouced: ∞
Number of LOTR projects that have yet to be completed: ∞

[This message has been edited by iNtRePiD (edited 05-31-2004 @ 04:15 PM).]

posted 31 May 2004 04:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 1056  
scrunch muppet, how many people were working on your project? hmm?

well my clan has 30 members. and we've got Dnas. His motto: "A mod a day keeps coolskater away"

dunno where he got that

no seriously, we have some of the best modders around. Joining is free of application, but only the best work on the campaign. That means we've got a team of dedicated, SKILLED modders and mappers working on the modpack and the campaign. Of course, we've been working on this for months, and i expect the mapping to take even longer. This campaign hasn't even started, only the mapping plans have been made, but the modpack is stupendous. Once i approve one of Dnas's many teaser pics, you can see all the great stuff he's done. Lurtz looks straight out of a movie, armed with either a crossbow OR a sword. another example, the cave troll. EXACTLY like the movie. And i'm not even going to tell you how Shelob's going to look . Need I? like the rest of these mods, it'll be so awesome, you won't be able to take your eyes off it.

Right now, however, I'm not sure how long the mapping will take. We have about 5 really good mappers waiting for the scenarios to be available for claiming (and thereafter making), so with the amount of scenarios needed, it'll take a while. But we're all close friends here, the chance of us breaking up and stopping the campaign is SO slim that i couldn't even imagine us doing it. and with that i'll take this time to say that any really good mappers should consider joining, we'd get done a lot faster, i mean, you guys want this campaign out as soon as it's finished with great quality eh? so if you're an awesome scenario designer, we'd love to have some extra help. come sign up, look in the above posts for the url to our forums.

and @Cheezy, that doesn't matter one iota of a crap. How many lotr projects have been started that have 30 of the best modders and mappers on it?

@Focus: you should visit our forums and check it out before you say how it's going to turn out.

[This message has been edited by CoolSkater (edited 05-31-2004 @ 04:10 PM).]

posted 31 May 2004 04:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 1056  

Quote:

@Focus: you should visit our forums and check it out before you say how it's going to turn out.

I have checked it out. All I'm saying is that it's a very ambitious project, therefore causing my scepticism.
posted 31 May 2004 04:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 1056  

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

posted 31 May 2004 04:46 PM EDT (US)     20 / 1056  
Cheezy is such a wise man. Glad you're still chillin' with us dude.

Notwithstanding all the amazing ppl working on this, honestly, if I see one more dwarf I am gonna chuck my lunch.

posted 31 May 2004 05:30 PM EDT (US)     21 / 1056  
lol@Tahattus

Who dares, wins!
¤ chaos ¤
Outer Heaven
Pixel Host :: Free Image Uploader!
Mwhaha I is now a N.D.A. teacher!!
posted 31 May 2004 05:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 1056  

Quote:

I'm hoping this will be based on the books...but with the Elves at Helm's Deep, it doesn't look like it. Good luck.

This campaign is not based entirely on the movie (though I'll admit that a very good portion of it is), nor entirely on the book. The reason is that there are events in the movie that are more fun to play than events in the book, and vice versa. I mean, you wouldn't want to play a tom bombadil level would you? The scenarios included are based on the best of the book, and the best of the movie. Yes, the elves are at Helm's Deep, because it makes things more interesting. However, there are some scenarios which are based on the events of the book, such as the Battle of the Pelennor Fields: the oathbreakers do not come and save your butt. Instead, you get to fight the orcs with humans, without any supernatural aid. Apart from that, there are also those other scenarios such as the Battle of Dale, or Assault on Lothlorien, which only take place in the book. This campaign happens to follow the movie more than the book because of the fact that the scenes in the movie are more exciting and can be better applied to the gameplay.

posted 31 May 2004 06:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 1056  
hey if u guys are making all of this LOTR stuff why don't u either join our LOTR clan because i have been desparately looking for a modding/mapping team/clan to merge with our LOTR clan either u merge with us or we merge with u or maybe if u will let me i can join and help u i am ok at modding and trying to get better.but i am very good at scenario design and mapping.

Leader of the LOTR Clan
co-leader of the six flags scenario team Clan
ESO-Profile

Visit the Lotr Website

posted 31 May 2004 07:33 PM EDT (US)     24 / 1056  
merging our clans might be a good idea. you should email coolskater about that, he's our leader.
posted 31 May 2004 07:49 PM EDT (US)     25 / 1056  
Yeah, that might be nice. Where can we see examples of your clan's work. I'm curious to see it. (Your site is confusing)

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 43  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Announcing LOTR!!By AOM M/M
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames