Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Continuous Cinematic Competition - Closed
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 23 September 2009 09:21 PM EDT (US)   

The competition unfortunatly had to close, in fact I didn't think for a second it'd last very long, but it still brought to AoMH some amazing works, that you can watch by clicking on the links.

However, you can still come in this thread to talk about cinematics, ask advice, post some works of yours. There will always be experimented cinematic makers to advice you. You can also come to ask for teammates if you are making something about cinematics, ask if anyone knows good music for a soundtrack or comment about the different cinematics that were made for the CCC, shown below.

Compilation of all past entries (In order of submition)

• Dies Irae(Day of Wrath), by Alex_Of_Macedon
  • Farewell, City of the Sea, by HailToTheOboe
  • The Fall of Atlantis, by Elrich
  • We're on a mission from God, by HailToTheOboe
  • Boom Boom Pow, by Lostrozzacavalli
  • The Bow of Odysseus, by Alex_Of_macedon
  • The Final Destination of Alexander the Great, by Alex_Of_Macedon
  • Going for a Drive, by HailToTheOboe
  • Gaia Airlines, by THYMOLE
  • Farewell, City of the Sea remake, by Elrich/HailToTheOboe

• Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
    Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great

[This message has been edited by Alex_Of_Macedon (edited 12-24-2009 @ 09:53 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 23 September 2009 09:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 427  
    Damnit how do I center things lol

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
    Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
    posted 23 September 2009 09:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 427  
    are you serious, out of all the shit you could of picked, you choose "the end of atlantis", god this is going to be hard to do!! lol

Immortal_Anubite -Pholax Cynopolis- A 9' tall Immortal beast that feeds off of human flesh!!
    posted 23 September 2009 09:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 427  
    Yeah what did you expect? That the theme is "A bunch of dudes fighting"? I thought of many themes, such as Ragnarok, The Illiad, Wrath of the Gods, etc, I thought of this one, that is pretty flexible. Oh well if you want to get a new theme, try to win this round.

posted 23 September 2009 09:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 427  
    There are some spelling and puctuation mistakes, you want to make this as proffestional as possible. And cant you record video with xfire? Its free to sign up, and they made that new video feature a while back. Im not sure, but i think you can. If so, then that would be a much better choice than fraps.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 23 September 2009 09:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 427  
    English is only my second language, I'll do a spell check and add decorations tomorrow.

Yeah maybe they can do it with xfire too, I'll write they record with this too

posted 23 September 2009 09:49 PM EDT (US)     6 / 427  
    [center]
    That should work :P

BTW I know that the deadline is clearly posted but you should add the length of each competition in the rules.

I like the topic. But now i has another question. Since these are going on youtube and not being watched in the editor, can we make these cines in multiple maps and just string em together clevarly in a movie editor? It would be for things like changing terrian mid cine, particularly the water levels in this one of course.
    posted 23 September 2009 09:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 427  
    Uhh yeah technichly you can do that, even though I don't see the purpose as it simply gives more triggers to do if you do it different parts in different maps

posted 23 September 2009 09:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 427  
    Am going to try to win it, but I don't think thats going to happen, if anything my eyecandy might win some people over
    Already got it started, looken great so far, map it self is going to look insain, but the cinni it self is what am going to have a hard time with =(

**wondering, can you pair up and have 2 ppl work on a cinni, and have them win togeather?!??!??!

Immortal_Anubite -Pholax Cynopolis- A 9' tall Immortal beast that feeds off of human flesh!!
    posted 23 September 2009 10:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 427  
    Hmmm, well, as cinematics are a lot longer to do than screenshots, I think I'd accept if two people teamed up and did that, but the two of them can only release 1 cinematics, they can't do like 2 cinematics together.

posted 23 September 2009 10:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 427  
    woot! dude, your awesome.
    lol

posted 23 September 2009 10:53 PM EDT (US)     11 / 427  
    Erg.. the 30 second Fraps thing sounds like it'll be a pain. I'll have to give it a shot to see how it works out.

gaah, it's workable I guess, as long as the cinematic is designed in segments of 30 seconds or less. Kinda puts a huge damper on creativity though.
    hammering F9 as soon as the 30 seconds is up works okay, but there will be a little skip (especially if there is continuous music) and the added camera lag can change things pretty significantly (was using Let Heaven and Nature Sing as a test, and it went to 1 frame per second during the northern lights).

I'm trying out Camstudio 2.0 now (also free), and there's no time limit on it, but it looks like quality/frame rate may not be as good as Fraps, but I'm still finding my way around it. It may still end up being better quality than youtube can handle anyway.

edit: Can improve the quality, but still can't seem to get good frame rate with CamStudio, and it can't find my soundcard. There's gotta be a way that's better than 30 second segments of Fraps.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 09-24-2009 @ 00:44 AM).]

posted 24 September 2009 03:51 AM EDT (US)     12 / 427  
    OK EVERYONE I HAVE MADE A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH FOR THIS

Hey alex! I have an answer to the biggest problem here, recording video! Well, you could do fraps, but why? If you dont buy it, it sucks ****, and all that. People could make an xfire account and download that, but maybe you dont want to. Well, i know this great site for free downloads of programs that are amazing for your computers. It is nch software.com And it just so happens to have a video recorder for free download, and the free version is basically anything you could ask for, i expect as long as you want, and it does capture the computer screen, and it also records audio. want it?

HERE IT IS >>> CLICK THIS <<<

I suggest that you get rid of gaywad fraps in the main post, and instead put a link to this. This will make the CCC soo much easier to do now!!!

I hope that you are happy, and it helps.

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 09-24-2009 @ 03:53 AM).]

posted 24 September 2009 07:08 AM EDT (US)     13 / 427  
    Oh thanks it's a great solution winston. Also I'd like everyone to record in .wmv format, you can choose what kind of file it records in this programm

Oh and a note on pairteams: I strongly encourage that only beginners pair up, I do this as a way for beginners to compete with more experienced cinematic makers, so people who got experience should do it alone.

And some spotlight about the theme. When I choosed this theme, after thinking of many, I thought I should give examples of what you could do. This theme kinda obligates to make your cinematic about an already written story. It can be simply Atlantis being sunken up, it can be about the end of AOM campaign, the end of AOM TT Campaign ending differently with Kastor dieing, it can be about a scenario someone did once,a movie, etc.

I could have taken a theme that didn't really need a storyline, but I thought that for the first competition having the theme "War" or "Siege" per instance could have been boring.

btw hail how you like my example cinematic ?

[This message has been edited by Alex_Of_Macedon (edited 09-24-2009 @ 04:47 PM).]

posted 24 September 2009 05:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 427  
    So just for a little survey, who's probably going to submit a cinematic?

posted 24 September 2009 05:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 427  
    I intend to.

How about the issue of sending the files? AVIs are pretty huge, but they can be compressed into smaller formats, but even then are they e-mailable?

What video format would you recommend.
    btw hail how you like my example cinematic?
    I liked it, great atmosphere.
    I think you should've made the stormy bits longer, though, but you gotta do what you gotta do to fit it in the time limit.
    posted 24 September 2009 06:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 427  
    well, ive already started on my atlantis, so am pritty sure am going to submit one,

how do you set the sky tho??? I can't get it off of black!

posted 24 September 2009 07:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 427  
    hail@ oh my *ucking gods(were playing AoM after all), I had completely forgotten the videos would be too big to send by email, damnit. We gotta find an alternative.
    Maybe compressing them into a ZIP would reduce size? Or maybe there would be another way of sending the videos.

anubite@You use Render Sky trigger effect, and write either SkyBlue, SkySunset, SkyStormy or SkyWinter

By the way since how much time do you design?

posted 24 September 2009 07:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 427  
    Hey good going here, thanks for updating,, and giving me credit (You spelled me wrong its WinstonShnozwick)

I do plan on doing this, as the time to submit is long enough for me to finish other ends and then whip this up. And i dont understand, why cant we sent video in email? I mean, i havent tested so i dont know, but if there is a limit, are there some email providers that let you send any size? I use bresnan.net for email, and its good. Maybe gmail lets you send a large size file.

posted 24 September 2009 08:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 427  
    designing for aom?, 2 months, cod 5 like 1 year,halo2 (2) and 1/2 years!

posted 24 September 2009 10:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 427  
    Hotmail only lets you send 10 megs, I think Gmail does 20, but still may not be enough. Videos can be pretty honking big.

One way that should work is a file upload service like filefront, but it seems like things would just keep getting more and more complicated.
    Another way would be to burn it onto a CD and mail it to Alex.

edit: taking a look at the video capture thing Winston linked. Hope it's good

edit2: Okay, I gave it a quick shot. It's pretty funny how it displays your screen in the window and quickly builds into an infinite loop of your desktop, and when you replay the video it looks exactly like your screen so I kept clicking on things.

However; the framerate seems even worse than CamStudio and I can't seem to speed it up at all. It's really very jerky. It said it was recording at 30 fps, but it seemed to be replaying at much less than that (dead on 1 fps I think? That can't be right)

Never mine, I can improve the frame rate. Still a little bit jerky, but I think it is satisfactory. Nice find, Winston.

Now my only problem is camera-induced lag which means that if I build the cinematic to have the correct timing with a camera watching, the timing won't work just plain watching it :P

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 09-24-2009 @ 11:17 PM).]

posted 25 September 2009 03:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 427  
    I might do one with Guard of Olympus.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 25 September 2009 03:35 AM EDT (US)     22 / 427  
    Indeed, I've worked on some eyecandy, but I havn't done any triggers...

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
    posted 25 September 2009 08:03 AM EDT (US)     23 / 427  
    Wow you guys work fast, I need many hours of walking in circles/daydreaming in class thinking of the cinematic, what ambiance I will give, what'll happen and stuff before I start it. And even during I make it I interrupt my design every 10 minutes for some walking in circles.

Damn I work so slow lol

Anyway so you all can work on your cinematic, we still got days to fix the sending problem

Can't Photobucket hold video files? Everyone could make a photobucket account, have their video on their album, then I go take the different videos and put them together via windows movie maker, etc etc.

Also there's still a minor problem(Well not really a problem, cuz it's facultative), I don't think having the CCC videos on the same youtube account as a video called "go poop" (Yes, I said that friend was rustic lol) would sound very professional. I'd prefer using another account...

[This message has been edited by Alex_Of_Macedon (edited 09-25-2009 @ 08:06 AM).]

posted 25 September 2009 08:11 AM EDT (US)     24 / 427  
    am still making my atlantis, it's looking really good so far, but it might take me another 6 days just to get done with it,

posted 25 September 2009 08:15 AM EDT (US)     25 / 427  
    Yeah well you're kinda new so it might be hard for you a bit, I remember that my first cinematic ever (second day I started designing) lasted 2 minutes, took me about 10 hours to do but it was completely noobish, absolutely no eyecandy, bad camera tracks, only cool thing was that I had people on boat (lol it's a bit like my design mark)

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Continuous Cinematic Competition - Closed
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames