Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Whither Me This - Scenario Campaign
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03 October 2002 05:52 PM EDT (US)   
Alas I've decided to put front my own personal plans for AoM. Yet, I shall be much more open with my plans. As I trust that people shall not copy and idea placed before them.

Whither Me This

Background Information

Psychology has a long dreadful history. For the most part people with any sort of illness upon their minds were scorned of many things. Witchcraft, sorcery, demented, possessed and so forth. Yet rarely do we find in early cultures an civilized attempt to actually understand and help those with such. No medication or thoughtful attempts to ease down the suffering of their minds.

Except for the Romans, practices on mental patients were cruel and by far distant to humanity. Often people would be secluded to forgotten asylums where no man pays heed. As the minds of the cursed reside in such unhomely places. Places ridden with dust and rats, disease and suffering. These places literally did more harm then good. As such harmful places only serve to rust down the fabric of life.

In other words, psychology was a very primitive thing for many years. Even now when we look back at even the 60s it seems wrong. As homosexuality was listed as an "illness". Such things change as humans progress, but no matter which eye looks upon the idea it looks the same.

Easily one of the worst times would be in Dark ages of Europe. After the recent collapsing of the great Roman Empire, after the many small states of Gaul and so forth divided and claimed their territory.
Techniques in this time ranged from seclusion, to drilling a hole in one's head. Leaking out the illness which haunted the mind.

Pointing fingers of witchcraft or the devils work. Possessed people beyond the worth of human eyes. Yes, humanity truly shined it's true face. Humans never bothered to ever understand. Even do this day the stigma still lives. Even as we accept and understand people of different races, origins and cultures. We still rarely begin to understand something just as likely chosen. Human mental illness is no differently viewed by the greater public then it was centuries ago.

The Story

[undisclosed name] lives in a horrible time. Europe is at war yet again, yet the name doesn’t seem to proceed much meaning upon his mind. Another war which makes less sense then the last. Each one simply started it seems to wage war on the lives which barely even hang on as it is.

His clan lives in the great land to the north of England. In the highlands where the green grass brilliantly shines as the hills rise and fall. Gentle at times, slowly pacing hills rising ever so lofty. Crags at other times, deeply rising as blue rushing water crashes harshly amongst the salt ridden coastlines.

The air is clear, the weather smoggy. The dirt darker then the soot off horse heels, the grass green the emerald eyes. It seems so beautiful that misery would never seem to apply in such a places. But that is not so the truth.

[undisclosed name] lives in a time not truly remembered in a clear contexts. As the beauties which surround him are slowly being shaded by a long but dreadful cloud. A cloud which seems to hover so softly but cruelly over atop of him. As he grows the cloud only becomes more dark and pressing. The urgency in which it portrays seems so frightening, yet no one can ignore such a thing.

Yet, out of pure fear he utters no word of such. No thought, no opinion, nor worry. For the torture of word seems so much worse than the cloud which hovers.

Soon life shall take more crueler fronts. As the seasons where on, and as winter begins it’s old cold story. Soon the lands shall be whither than the pale faces of man. Yet no life shall been seen coming from such.

Soon his age shall approach fourteen. But already he has seen more than a man dare glimpse. Soon more shall be clear than any eagle eye can see. But along with such clear perception will rise the fog of the blackness which falls. Slowly overcoming the mind which tells the story.

Basic Concepts

-In this story you shall heed the tale of one on the edge of lunacy. A young child one can easily relate to.
-Reality is never apparent as it deem be. As it shifts and changes as time paces by. Whenever an object seems curious, ponder to yourself the relevance of it. Delusion? Reality? Such struggles and decisions you yourself will be forced to make.
-Live the cruelty which is life in such dark times. Nobility and honor seem so distant when life itself barely is so.
-Can you decipher the truth of men’s words? Are they with your best interest in mind? Or are their very words simply created to end you in destruction?
-Are you paranoid? Or are they really out to get you? ;-)
-Are the voices which seem to sing in the wind like cursing butterflies the dim reflection of nature’s deities? Or the cursing scorn of a collapsing mind?
-Shall you live and die all at once?
-Can you understand?
-Comphrend friend, as the world is fading in the eyes you shall be

Music

Air- Bathroom Girl
Air- Dark Messages
Dronolan's Tower- (Depends)
Other Scottish Instrumentals
Other Mind Intrumentals

Opinions? Thoughts?

Angel §hadow§••HG••Age of Mythology Heaven••
SHADOWMIND
••Episode One••4.4••Episode Three••4.8••Episode Four••4.6
THE SWALLOWED REALM ••Chapter One••4.6••Chapter Two••4.9••Chapter Three••4.6
•••Life Is Overrated•••
Replies:
posted 03 October 2002 06:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38  
Hmmm, good story.. I'll copy it
posted 03 October 2002 06:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
I don't suppose you can use music files in multiplayer

The real point is this: My sig is now multiforum! it works on many different backgrounds.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 03 October 2002 06:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
Multiplayer?
posted 03 October 2002 06:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
Multiplayer. You know, when more than one person connect computers and set up a joint game? It's really a lot of fun, you should try it some time.

posted 03 October 2002 06:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
Yes I know this. But what I was referring to is how exactly this applies to this?
posted 03 October 2002 06:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 38  

spitfire...shadows obviously does know the meaning of multiplayer...one of oldest (and best) aok designer.

His story isnt meant for multiplayer

Good one here shadows.

But will this mainly be a pshycological affair or is fighting there??

RPG only the way I see it?

lokkin forward to it...lookin forward to my beta too

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 03 October 2002 07:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
You are one hell of a weird guy shag....

Not sure how you'll pull that off though...how can one do a psychological thingy using a game editor where the emphasis is put on fighting ?

posted 03 October 2002 07:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  
You'd be surprised how easy it really is. Just need to give it a bit of..."thought".

*chuckles at irony*

Fighting will be , as always, a strong aspect in the storyline. Honestly if you give the idea I am presenting before you some thought. How the fighting will work should make perfect sense.

posted 03 October 2002 07:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
yes, I know who Shadows is

Anyway, it sounds like Eternal Darkness. Insanity effects and all that.

posted 03 October 2002 07:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 38  
What the hell is Eternal Darkness? Do you have any links in which I could read a bit about it?
posted 03 October 2002 07:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
Will this do?

[This message has been edited by spitfire_23 (edited 10-03-2002 @ 07:42 PM).]

posted 03 October 2002 07:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
I read a few of the reviews for it. Sounds like an interesting game, but I fail to see how it relates with my story. Simply because it shares an aspect of insanity does not make the two definingly similar.

After all, ET seems more dull in empty morbidicty and gore than actually storyline. As if the violence would serve as proper fillers in the empty plot. Which seems to stem from the player "losing their mind". Yet such it comes out supericaly. Sounds like resident evil with "insane" aspects thrown in.

The difference is simple. People who speak of inside a box, but reside far outside, can not speak of such a thing without sounding stupid. No?

posted 03 October 2002 07:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
I wasn't insulting your idea Shadows. Sorry if you took that wrong.

posted 03 October 2002 08:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
Damn, do all your stories have to be so Dark? Lol, anyway it sounds good, I'd like to see a game that isn't all fighting.

Night Conqueror

[This message has been edited by Night Conqueror (edited 10-03-2002 @ 08:12 PM).]

posted 03 October 2002 08:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
Dr. Killall... What a wonderful Name...

Looking foward to this, Shadows.

D00D; Offical Comic Book Molester.
Woad Creations|Wildfire Games|

"You're a bag filled with cheezy flavored insanity" - Kor
"OMG D00D I R0Xorz j00r fgt n00b aZZ omg lolololololrfol!!!~`1!!" - The Rasher
If I were Gay, I'd answer your calls, but I'm not Gay, so please stop cupping my... hands.
The only remaining X-Men crazed person in the Eastern US.
posted 03 October 2002 08:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
Sorry for taking an defensive state. Just used to doing that I suppose...
posted 03 October 2002 09:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
Hate to say this, but it sounds like something you would make Shad...

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
posted 03 October 2002 09:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
posted 03 October 2002 10:06 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
Elaborate ferret.
posted 03 October 2002 10:26 PM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
Sounds great Shadows, reminds me distinctly of Ulio. Since Ulio was pretty good, I am sure this will be good, story wise .

|Yehoshua Yisraél|152711297|
|Hashém yevarékhet Yisraél|
|SCN Punk| |SWGB Punk|AoM Punk|
|The Color of Justice|Previous Accomplishments|
posted 03 October 2002 11:00 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
Sounds interesting, a bit weird though.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ΄ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ΔŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
posted 04 October 2002 00:00 AM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
Hey Shadows, it sounds really interesting...particularly to me. I'll be sure to try it out if I get AoM.

[The Phoenix - I have returned]
Andy, stop it. You're finding faults in their arguements, and that is completely unacceptable! - Electric_Koolaid, while debating with Christians
Yes but you're a nutter. - Mark, pointing out why normal standards don't apply to Phoenix
Winner of Rajah of the Sands' To[sic] Conceited For Any Other Awards Then This One
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye...
posted 04 October 2002 00:16 AM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
*questions sanity*

USMC
posted 04 October 2002 00:27 AM EDT (US)     24 / 38  
Here's a comforting thought for you Gawain.

Those who are insane believe so they that are not, those who are not believe that they are.

For the most part at least. It is humorous to see how many people claim insanity when such thing never neared them.

posted 04 October 2002 07:59 AM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
The idea is quite interesting. I'd really like to see how you can make a fun scenario about it though, with insanity in it and all that.

On the other hand this sounds like it could be better in WC3 or SC rather than AoM since those are "dark" games to start with.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Whither Me This - Scenario Campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames