You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 12 February 2007 02:10 AM EDT (US)   
Please go here for the new thread.

So you have a question? You can post it here!
Lol, the actual asking of a question is approximately <1% of the entire question process. - oddy
Ironically, this thread has decreased the quality of posts at SD, because now the smart people post here -Spitfire

An age has ended, the old question thread has reached the 2500th post, after the era's of King Jared, ArticWind7, and Paperfriend we are in need of a new thread. It has many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous three threads?
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling?
Greyshark has produced a very useful guide But I have found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9, Arrgghhh! Army deploy dosnt work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

This thread will continue past post 2500 until it reaches its limit.
There is no limit, and as such, the 2500th poster should get the new thread to avoid that the thread info gets corrupted. Just a heads up.
Noooooo, must get that post!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-08-2008 @ 11:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04 July 2007 12:11 PM EDT (US)     1201 / 2501  
Unit create multi has never worked, as far as I can tell

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 04 July 2007 12:19 PM EDT (US)     1202 / 2501  
I know. Just place cinematic blocks and use the trigger "Change unit type". There is no way to fix the trigger problem once you have entered it, your scenario is now permantly damaged. Unless you have a back up, you'll have to start all over again. This happened to me too once.

However, if you have reyk's new x editor 3, copy triggers from another scenario and paste them in the one you used that in. Then delete all those triggers and start making the triggers over again. This will let you keep all work you did on the map design, but you will never be able to recover the old triggers.

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.

[This message has been edited by TartarianCerberus (edited 07-04-2007 @ 12:20 PM).]

posted 04 July 2007 02:17 PM EDT (US)     1203 / 2501  
O.K., thanxs again...

Strength through Unity | Unity through Faith
posted 04 July 2007 02:38 PM EDT (US)     1204 / 2501  
I need a trigger, similiar to "army Work", but with the target also being an army it would be nice if you could help me
posted 04 July 2007 02:41 PM EDT (US)     1205 / 2501  
Can't the target for Army Work be a second army? Like you can use that trigger effect to make one army attack another.

posted 04 July 2007 02:56 PM EDT (US)     1206 / 2501  
i can only select units, but not an army as a target with the trigger
posted 04 July 2007 03:22 PM EDT (US)     1207 / 2501  
One more question: I added "alot" of mist to my god map (stupid decision), and now it goes really slow when I just "play test" it...but I can't get rid of the mist, or convert it to anything. The only way that I know of to get rid of it is with the undo button...but it's far too late for that...any help would be appreciated.....

Strength through Unity | Unity through Faith
posted 04 July 2007 03:25 PM EDT (US)     1208 / 2501  
i need the trigger to tell a ghost army to attack another ghost army. But with the normal Army Work trigger that's impossible.
posted 04 July 2007 04:58 PM EDT (US)     1209 / 2501  
How do I get effects like heavenlight and such to actually STAY in the scenario? They seem to fizzle out in the editor before I even get to test it. the other one is things like ruins and rubble, they tend to go ebfore I can test it too.

Oh, and how does untis in area work? It was so simple in AOK, but not you can't even actually set a proper area : s

[This message has been edited by Holy Diver (edited 07-04-2007 @ 05:00 PM).]

posted 04 July 2007 07:32 PM EDT (US)     1210 / 2501  
Units in Area works by setting a point they have to be near, and the distance they have to be away from it. The radius is the distance.

Ugh. Now I can't run the LAN function on multiplayer due to my issues with my aforementioned problem. And to whoever asked, I'm on choc.

Leethaxor? I am he.
Thou shalt hoist oneself upon thy ship of good sportsman, For thy days of "GG" and "NICE Shot" hath past, "GG" shalt be "BS" thy "Nice Shot" shalt be "AIMBOT!!1!1".

- Teh Book of Noob Chapter 8:12
posted 04 July 2007 10:39 PM EDT (US)     1211 / 2501  
Well, I've looked and looked and I cant find the AOMXMOD.exe application. Is it supposed to be downloaded? The read me for the LOTR Civ pack says that I need to run it because regular AOMX.exe won't pick up the new BAR files.

Formerly Intras_Gladius_3
Have the strength to extend your will without fear of man or god.
posted 05 July 2007 01:50 PM EDT (US)     1212 / 2501  
ok now im mad i downloaded the other trigger for transforming all units on map but i cant find that damn trigger can someone tell me what to do Step By Step....please

OOOOO CHEESEE
posted 05 July 2007 02:28 PM EDT (US)     1213 / 2501  
@Holy Diver
Make a trigger that uses the unit create effect in the middle of the scenario to get the SFX. If you want it to stay there, make it looping, so that the SFX keeps getting created over and over again. Just make sure to put a time limit in between.

@Xinthose
Did you try deleting the mist in the editor?

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø ELDER ULSFARK ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

Elder Ulsfarks are powerful, ancient and mystical beings...Even if their name isn't spelled correctly.

Proud member of the AOM: Eragon Project
posted 05 July 2007 03:37 PM EDT (US)     1214 / 2501  
Units in are would be so much easier if you culd jsut highlight the area. It doesn't seem to just let me choose a point, it does say something about a unit point, not just a point. Anyway, I'll see what I can do with it.

Why can't you cast Tartarian gate on hades 2?
posted 05 July 2007 07:20 PM EDT (US)     1215 / 2501  
i assume hades 2 is the one which you cannot build anything on. as tartarian gate is a building you cannot cast it on this. There is another hades terrain that looks exactly the same but is buildable IIRC
posted 06 July 2007 00:53 AM EDT (US)     1216 / 2501  
Some one who is good with triggers. Can you please tell me how to make an unlimated leveling up system that works?

Thanks

Dan
posted 06 July 2007 04:17 AM EDT (US)     1217 / 2501  
IIRC there are two hades terrain you can build on.

@DAN if you search the forums...there was a way to do a levelliing system in very few triggers using quest vars.

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 06 July 2007 04:44 AM EDT (US)     1218 / 2501  
yea but i havn't learnt how to use QV's yet and i still don't get it. Anyone point me to a basic guide?

[This message has been edited by TTL_Pwnage_DAN (edited 07-06-2007 @ 04:47 AM).]

posted 06 July 2007 04:58 AM EDT (US)     1219 / 2501  
kill counter

QV guide

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 07 July 2007 08:36 AM EDT (US)     1220 / 2501  
hi all, until now, all my maps (no i didnt post them online ) were riv civs and stuff with lotsa eye candy and didnt require lotsa triggers i used music, camera tracks and diplomacy triggers, but thats all, but for a new riv civ map of mine i want to make all people that can build (except eggy fishing ships) to make shrines... i already tried to do the "unforbid and enable" trigger, but since its not standard in the list of buildable things, it still cant build them, is there anyway for a builder to select the shrine from the buildings menu (settlement and house and temple etc.) and then build it, WITHOUT a mod?

i will state the question without the story:
"how can i make a villie/norse infantry build a shrine without a mod and convert trigger"

regards,

[This message has been edited by woodswolf (edited 07-07-2007 @ 08:40 AM).]

posted 07 July 2007 09:38 AM EDT (US)     1221 / 2501  
Impossible, unless you change another building to a srhine.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 07 July 2007 03:23 PM EDT (US)     1222 / 2501  
Anyone know where i can find a bunch of long cinematic movies(only) for aom:tt. i watch them at night when no one is online

Now known as IMP_Avenger
posted 07 July 2007 03:27 PM EDT (US)     1223 / 2501  
When this one comes out, it will pwn all other cinematics.

A Feature Length Scenario

OMG!

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 08 July 2007 03:45 PM EDT (US)     1224 / 2501  
I still don't get how to set the view.

Can I use petsuchos beams to make a cool effect where surrounding obelisks fire sun rays into the centre obelisk?

Can I set timers for fractions of seconds? 0 seconds id too short, and 1 second is too long!

thanks again ^^ (I will endevour to answer someone's question someday >_>)
posted 08 July 2007 08:40 PM EDT (US)     1225 / 2501  
Hi guys.. been a while since I posted a question... Anyway..

Ok in one of my games, I have some cine. blocks (it's an only game) and I want them to be able to change as the player selects there Major God.. say I have in editor in the "Scenario Data" Player 2- Loki, but online they choose Gaia, I want the cine. blocks to change to gaia and the culture to change to gaia.... I hope somebody understands what I'm asking..lol even I got confused in some parts....

P.S. A good example of what I want is in Delta's Arena..
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames