AoW2/SM Scenario Design
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Map Making By Email Community Project
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
posted 04-08-07 11:47 PM EDT (US)   

Well, i got rather bored a while ago, and remembered the community map projects i had seen around on several of the age series heavens (AoK Heaven Community Map), and thought: i wonder if it would be possible to do that in AoW SM? so i got the calculator, did a few divisions, ruled up a grid in the editor (which was a bit faulty, so i modified the edges a bit) and had 25 32x24 sections and 3 border sections on a XL map (with shadow world and underground).

This Post Contains Important Information, So If You Are
An Entrant, Please Read Carefully!

Entrants, Please Ensure My Email (hatstand0@gmail.com) is in your allow list in your email, else you wont be able to receive the map!

This Map Uses Upatch 1.4!

The Grid

=========================================================
EMERGENCY FINISH UP PLAN - SWOLTE
The plan is meant to instill some urgency and to make the map playable.

PHASE 1 - I will make some global changes regarding balance and AI competence.
I will send the map out before this Friday.

PHASE 2 - I will send everyone the first version of the map. People have TWO WEEKS for feedback and playtesting. Feel free to playtest with friends, of course. Do not distribute the map to third parties or upload it at the site, please.

You can email me the feedback and changes that are needed. Please stick to the most important ones. If there are events, you will need to attach a copy of the map, and indicate which ones I should copy.

I will try and do my best to listen to the comments, and will implement as many as I can, within reason.

IMPORTANT: The exception rule states that you can receive the map when requested.

PHASE 3 - I will incorporate the changes and send out a playable beta version of the map. External testers will play the map blind and provide feedback as well.
IMPORTANT: Exception rule will function only when changes are drastic and essential.

PHASE 4 - I will incorporate the changes and market the final version. If needed, we can do another round of playtesting. I suggest Hatstand to upload the final version himself.

RULE 5 - We shall enjoy the end result. Once the version is uploaded, feel free to make your own version!

=========================================================

(Hatstand)
Outline: It will be a single player map, as that's what most community maps are, the main wizard will start on C3 and it will be an adventure for a single player in a small town (or no town), with several wizards as 'communities' of different races, etc... i think about 6 wizards should be a good number for this.

Customised Hero And Item Lists: Each section will have its own custom items and heroes, if the designer wished, but all the items and heroes would be placed, either in recruitment structures, as guards, independents or in the case of items, conquerable structures.

Section Allocation: People can pick where they want to go. again, as in the other maps, it would be first come first serve in terms of who gets to pick where they want to go... (ill be doing a section too)

Coordination Of The Map: I've got a Gmail account which will be used to relay the map through the entrants, and yes, if there are no map makers when we have all made sections, it will go back to the first creator, and so on, or until we have a new entrant... the deadline for each section will be 4 days, which I think will be long enough to make a section.

Note On The Map Rotation: Ill begin by sending the map off to the first entrant, then he/she will create his/her chosen section, and then mail it back to me named as "MMBEM (name).ahm along with a short description of what the section has in it, quest ID's and Seeing Water channels, etc. I will do a debug and check, then i will send it on to the next person. if the map is not received by me within the allotted 4 days, that person will be skipped.

Note On Borders: The Grid Borders Are 2 Hexes Wide, Which You Need To Extend Your Section Into By 1 Hex, Leaving The Border Intact For The Next Persons. This Is Also A Good Area In Which To 'Smooth' The Transition Of The Terrain Into Either A: Grass Or B: The Next Sections Terrain, If it Is Known. Also, Try Not To Extend decoration out onto the border of the map, as I have heard that this can cause the map to be unstable.[PNG, (1.13 MB)]That Image Should Explain It In Detail!

Note On Underground And Shadow World: The Underground And Shadow World Are Optional Sections Of The Map. If You Do Not Use Your Map Section In Either The Underground Or Shadow World, Please Reduce The Borders To 1 Hex Wide Using Either The Shadow Void Terrain in The Shadow World, Or The Rock Terrain In The Underground. You Can Nominate Your Underground Or Shadow World Sections To Other Entrants If You Wish, As They May Want Larger Sections In These Areas.

Note On Events: Events Should Be Clearly Labeled With The Section They Are In, e.g: [C3] Intro

Seeing Waters
  • Channel 1 Taken On Tile C3 By hatstand

Quest ID's
  • ID 0 Taken On Tile C3 By hatstand
  • ID 10 Taken On Tile A1 By King David

Request ID's
  • ID 1 Taken On Tile B1 By Roger
  • ID 2 Taken On Tile B1 By Roger
  • ID 10 Taken On Tile A1 By King David
    No Idea What These Are

Counters
  • ID's 50-70 Taken By The Groll

I Thought These Were Needed As To Avoid Confusion.

Wizard List:
  • Edmond (Main Wizard) [Halfings] [C3] [Blue]
  • Manzakk [Humans] [E4] [Purple] (Designed By: Kaskoid)
  • Srr' Akk [Draconians] [A3] [Aqua] (Designed By: Albaron)
  • Lord Dread [Undead] [E1] [Black] (Designed By: Swolte)
  • Lucrezia [Archons] [B1] [White] (Designed By: Roger)
  • Varg [Orcs] [A1] [Brown] (Designed By: King David)
  • Llorg The Wise [Syrons] [E5] [Light Blue] (Designed By: The Groll)

Failure:
  • Fromage67 (18-22/08/07 - No Email received)
  • Fubarno (23-27/08/07 - Memory Loss/No Email Recieved)
  • Deathworks (27-1/08-09/07 - No Email Recieved)

Current Entrant List:
  • Hatstand [C3] [B3] [Z] (Email: hatstand0-at-gmail.com)
  • Albaron [A3] [C5] (Email: albaron-at-onlinehome.de)
  • Kaskoid [E4] [A4] [E3] (Email: kaskoid-at-gmail.com)
  • Swolte [E1] [C2] (Email: swolte-at-gmail.com)
  • Roger [B1] [B2] (Email: rogerforward-at-hotmail.com)
  • King David [A1] [A2] [D2] (Email: kngdvd2000-at-yahoo.com)
  • The Groll [E5] [D5] [D4](Email: kay.vollbehr-at-kielnet.net)
  • Fromage67 [A5][B5] (Email: fromage67-at-gmail.com)
  • Fubarno [C1] [D1] (Email: rutbeer-at-earthlink.net)
  • !Deathworks [D3] (Email: marunomi64-at-yahoo.co.jp)Ą
  • ŋBam65 [E2] (Email: bam65-at-att.net)?
  • morgul666 [B4][C4] (Kimmuriel-at-gmx.de)
  • Albaron [C5]

Note: ŋ and ? mean unknown status, ! and Ą means out of rotation, and < and > means suspended.

Project Uploaded!

[This message has been edited by hatstand (edited 12-24-2007 @ 11:06 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 12-04-07 12:08 PM EDT (US)     441 / 488  
    ' 2)A "success" message appears after a few days regarding the opening of a rift, but I have done nothing to provoke it and do not know what it is in relation to. '

Yes - thatīs the message Iīm also reffering to (which also appears when you play another player as Edmond) and I also have no idea, what to make out of the message

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
    Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
    Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
    ><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
    posted 12-04-07 09:02 PM EDT (US)     442 / 488  
    I was wondering, when in all nine hells I must have been that drunk to have written such a confusing message until I figured out, that it wasnīt mine
    ROFLMAO

Version 1.4 - Race To Death: Rise Of Evil
    Version 1.3 (also playable in 1.4) - Race to Death S&M - Walker's Crusade ====== This Land Is My Land ====== War In The Valley

Proud member of the Upatch Team

posted 12-04-07 10:51 PM EDT (US)     443 / 488  
    I have sent out version 3 for playtesting. Please do a 'am I happy?' check.

Fromage has made his changes on v3 one already (caugh him online) and the Master version of the map is now with Albaron. He'll return it before the weekend. Please let me know if you need to receive the map. I would like to finalize as much as possible in Step2 so that we can start serious play-testing on a representative map in Step 3.

Some of the changes mentioned by KD were fixed but some still need to be done. The rift messages come from the Groll and I am not sure if he fixed those yet (I did mention it in email, but he was busy these days... ).

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
    My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
    Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
    My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
    Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 12-04-2007 @ 11:35 PM).]

posted 12-07-07 11:30 AM EDT (US)     444 / 488  
    I have start recruiting play-testers so we can start on Monday. Please try and get all the essential feedback in. There are a couple of event bugs (troglodyte, rift, etc...) I may need to fix myself if people don't get back to me before that (I will take note of them, so you can always change it back if there are mistakes).

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
    Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
    Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
    posted 12-07-07 11:36 AM EDT (US)     445 / 488  
    I have been playtesting a game and taking much notes. I will get back to you soon.
    posted 12-07-07 12:53 PM EDT (US)     446 / 488  
    Any ideas for a name for the map? It probably needs to be something general. I am not feeling terribly imaginative today, but I'll bravely throw in some ideas.

How is...
    1- "Worlds with too many" (= we had too many mapmakers )
    2- "Battles of Ytinummock" (= 'community spelt backwards )
    3- "Rulers of Momubemia" (= MMBEM)
    4- "Wizards at war" (=can't believe this mapname has not been taken yet!)

posted 12-07-07 07:53 PM EDT (US)     447 / 488  
    Iīm confused.
    I have v. 3 here but it is not possible to play all races.
    Is this not changed back in v.3? I think it should.
    Is be possible to play the races again that the mapmakers wanted to play?
    Syrons should be playable by human players. When played by AI it is a imperator.

And we need an intro for this map and it should be written in there the version number of the map when I open it in the game.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
    Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
    8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
    11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
    Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
    Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
    posted 12-07-07 08:31 PM EDT (US)     448 / 488  
    As said before (about two or three times... ), I will only change Wizards back if the designer explicitely states so. So the next version, when Albaron returns the map, will have Syrons playable.

Having Wizards AI only is a big advantage as it allows you to set AI behaviour for stacks. It also doesn't confuse players who will find a really boring and easy game when playing with some Wizards that are simply meant to be AI only (like Lord Dread, or Varg, or the Archon Wizard, for example).

Yes, an intro should be written (a name would be nice too - see above!).

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 12-07-2007 @ 08:36 PM).]

posted 12-08-07 06:48 AM EDT (US)     449 / 488  
    Hmmm...as this whole project was guided by Chaos from the very beginning and due to the fact, that having 10 or so mapmakers working on one map, I would probably include my favourite word 'Chaos' in the mapname if it was up to me to name that thing ...

Also because thereīs not really a 'master' story but rather some totally disconnected smaller 'storylines' (if one could call it so ...

Therefore, after hours of brainstorm resulting in a mental maelstrom I came up with some poor offerings:

Realms of Chaos
    Operation Chaos
    Chaos wars
    Lords of Chaos
    Master of Chaos
    Planes of Chaos
    War between worlds
    The Chaos Balance
    Chaos without Prophecy
    Kings of chaotic creation
    The puzzling constellation of Chaos (my favourite )

Feel free to ignore those thoughts Itīs hard (at least for me) to find a name for something that has no red line and no real story...

posted 12-08-07 08:28 AM EDT (US)     450 / 488  
    I have send Swolte an event update today but I need the map for another change of teleports and landscape.
    Damn silly AI.
    The rift message should not come up anymore for example.
    Itīs a cosmic string message but thatīs not important.
    Swolte has the detailed fix list.

Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
    8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 12-08-2007 @ 08:30 AM).]

posted 12-08-07 01:50 PM EDT (US)     451 / 488  
    Ok, lets keep 'Master of Chaos' for now. It kinda makes sense with the opening dream as well.

Bam65 is writing a general intro, btw!

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 12-08-2007 @ 01:57 PM).]

posted 12-09-07 08:22 AM EDT (US)     452 / 488  
    well everything seems to be going smoothly... ive just returned from a week long school trip.... will try and get some time to playtest it in this weeks lack of school...
    posted 12-09-07 04:56 PM EDT (US)     453 / 488  
    Just finished a play-test, here are my notes as sent to Swolte:

- Why are several of CPU players set to CPU lord? Any advantage to this I don't know about?

- Much better and less confusing starting messages. In my two previous test games, I had never figured out the "strange feeling" quest. The start is much, much improved and more satisfying.

- 500 starting mana points seems a bit much.

- I don't get the Troglyguild prison event message on day 4.

- Got the "Success" event on day 7. A bit clearer, but still obscure. Boils down to :"Go north with 1000 mana", as far as I can tell. Repeats on days 8 and 19.

- Srr'ak's town of Arrar Shan seems completely static. Maybe it would be preferable to remove the indies from that tower in the mountain pass, at least in SP games. And also Srrakk's red dragon in the mountains just to the east of it is immobile for some reason.

- One thing I really like is the multiple options for starting strategies. In this game I targeted an alliance with Srrakk and colonized the ruined town west of my starting point. That way I can readily seize Lucrezia's towns and instantly use them since they are of same alignment. I could have had a better game had I not played so poorly. My position is fine, though.
    In my second test game, I headed mainly south, and that is perhaps a safer strategy. That way I could calmly pick off the tigran area, and build a strong power base there. It takes a little patience but the payoff is very good. The down side is that it is much harder to hang on to the starting area. I am sure that there are several other tacks one could take.

- When I finally approached Lord Dread with a zephyr bird on day 38, he was of Great reputation and promptly zapped my bird with 2 consecutive death storms. Not very efficient, but impressive!

- Oops! Got too cocky, and as of day 40, a demon fire bug queen and her retinue just popped out of the underground near Edmond's tower and is menacing his life. he will have to run for it, and hope Varg is not too determined.

- Map is looking much better from Edmond's perspective.

- I sent three save games to swolte.

[This message has been edited by fromage67 (edited 12-09-2007 @ 04:59 PM).]

posted 12-10-07 03:03 AM EDT (US)     454 / 488  
    Thanks, more study material!

Excellent suggestion and glad to see that things are working well. Will implement shortly.

posted 12-10-07 03:13 PM EDT (US)     455 / 488  
    Ok, I received the map from Albaron and it will be sent to the Groll shortly.

- Changed AI to Emperor
    - Llorg has been made playable by humans
    - Added a start event for Edmund
    - Reduced starting money and mana.
    - Some more areas made better reachable for AI
    - Mannzak had about 20+ recruitment sites which might prove a little too easy. Reduced somewhat.
    - Srr'ak's town of Arrar Shan seems completely static. Maybe it would be preferable to remove the indies from that tower in the mountain pass, at least in SP games. And also Srrakk's red dragon in the mountains just to the east of it is immobile for some reason.
    The dragon is on guard-area.
    One thing I really like is the multiple options for starting strategies. In this game I targeted an alliance with Srrakk and colonized the ruined town west of my starting point. That way I can readily seize Lucrezia's towns and instantly use them since they are of same alignment. I could have had a better game had I not played so poorly. My position is fine, though.
    Great, I do find that the east is less explored.
    - Added a small Lizard village in the swamp to the east + story event (It's too obvious to go west right away).
    In my second test game, I headed mainly south, and that is perhaps a safer strategy. That way I could calmly pick off the tigran area, and build a strong power base there. It takes a little patience but the payoff is very good. The down side is that it is much harder to hang on to the starting area. I am sure that there are several other tacks one could take.
    Btw, the Tigran village you had was not connected (on island) and so two AI heroes and troops were stuck on there for 40 turns.
    - I made a bridge!
    - When I finally approached Lord Dread with a zephyr bird on day 38, he was of Great reputation and promptly zapped my bird with 2 consecutive death storms. Not very efficient, but impressive!
    Great, he seems to do differently every game. I saw in this game he had captured the middle of the map already.
    - I sent three save games to swolte.
    Thanks, studying the AI, I must say my initial concerns on the southern side of the map largely remain. Llorg's AI is pretty much inactive and just builds troops (but hopefully the Groll will fix some of this and the movement bugs will go). Matron's AI still hasn't come out of his area at turn 40 and fails to provide pressure on Edmund from the south (which would be great), though the situation has improved somewhat.

---> Map to Groll!

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 12-10-2007 @ 03:15 PM).]

posted 12-10-07 03:28 PM EDT (US)     456 / 488  
    Btw, the Tigran village you had was not connected (on island) and so two AI heroes and troops were stuck on there for 40 turns.
    - I made a bridge!
    Damned AI won't make a boat to save its life... *sigh* OK Thanks.
    The dragon is on guard-area.
    But, but, .... It is Srrakk's dragon, not an indie. (Witness newbie map-maker learning...)
    Great, I do find that the east is less explored.
    - Added a small Lizard village in the swamp to the east + story event (It's too obvious to go west right away).
    Yeah, there is a road to the west, so it just makes more sense to go there. But then again, there are many starting strategies with such a central starting point, so it takes many test games to explore them all.

Thanks for the feedback.
    posted 12-10-07 09:39 PM EDT (US)     457 / 488  
    Many more changes done.
    New tunnels, teleporters, AI help, Stop Movement bugs removed - hopefully.
    Swolte has the map now.

posted 12-10-07 10:31 PM EDT (US)     458 / 488  
    Yes, we worked well on the map!

Now, phase 3 has begun... the map has been sent out to the play-testers and you! This is the beta version.

posted 12-15-07 07:40 PM EDT (US)     459 / 488  
    Ok, after the weekend we'll enter phase 4 and it would be great if everybody was able to get their feedback in by then!

I will send out the first version of the map (non beta) on Monday! We can all do a 'am I happy' -check and then I think we're ready for release before the dark Christmas days. Things look really good and the feedback has been very helpful and positive, as you can read in the play-tester thread.

Also, this is a nice time to add events that can spice up the atmosphere a bit (messages, etc...). So please provide them!

Bam65 has written a great, and general intro to get people in the mood:
    You live in a chaotic world that consists of the most diabolical complexity and the simplest good. From the humblest community to cosmic habitats it’s a truly diverse planet. Wizards that wield great power vie for this world, some to bring order, others to promote the chaos. Fantastic creatures and heroic characters await you, as well as powerful magic items and terrible danger. Will you dare to reach for the stars from humble beginnings or fall to earth from those very same stars to shape the world into what you want it to be? It’s up to you to decide what path this reality will take.

There’s a halfling with big dreams who lives in this world. He’s always been laughed at for his fantasies but he doesn’t mind because there’s no reason why he shouldn’t reach for the stars from his little garden when those stars seem so close. Besides, how else can you test out all those neat tricks that a certain wizard friend taught you?

There’s also a race of magical beings led by a wise ruler that wants to explore what’s beyond their dimension. Is there other life out there, and what will it look like? Will it be so different from them? For creatures accustomed to the fantastic wouldn’t it be wonderful to find something more mundane?

Your world isn’t full of just dreamers and explorers though. It’s also filled with beings that don’t have your best interests at heart. Creatures that would rather rule over you with an iron fist than allow you the freedom to fulfill your own destiny. They are the opponents you must conquer to give the rest of the world a choice. A choice of peace and freedom or misery and subjugation!

posted 12-16-07 06:48 AM EDT (US)     460 / 488  
    I've been strapped for time, but I have played the beginning of a game with Matron Baenre.

I can't send you a save game right now, but in the first few days I have been building a monster army. I am patiently cherry-picking the huge resources in the red starting area. It is very well-designed and thought out, and fun to play, but at the very least I would remove the dominate ability from the Matron. That is very broken and is the key to quickly and easily overrunning the red start area.

Played as a human, the red player has huge advantages. He can make a patient and risk free buildup in his starting area, and then, he has a great strategic choke-point to defend in the very unlikely ability that some other wizard decides to attack him. On top of that he will eventually have four wizard towers behind the teleporter.

As a general point, can we make dominate items and abilities either non-existent, or as the reward for hard and risky quests later in the game? Same for resurrect.
    posted 12-16-07 11:28 AM EDT (US)     461 / 488  
    hey fromage!

Good that you came up with these comments now - I just wanted to start another playtest round.
    In this case, Iīll play Baenre once more as human.
    (Iīve been watching her too much being played by AI recently where sheīs doing quite fine up to now but maybe as human player sheīs really to easy. Will check it out now and send Swolte as list (or map) with some changes.

Thanks for the feedback!

M

posted 12-16-07 01:49 PM EDT (US)     462 / 488  
    I agree that Matron is too easy, we might want to decrease the amount of units in the recruitment sites as well.
    As a general point, can we make dominate items and abilities either non-existent, or as the reward for hard and risky quests later in the game? Same for resurrect.
    Agreed (list, anyone? ).

There was also a physical immunity item in the map which I now removed. In a game I had to drop the item because it made the map too easy (nice to see all the areas though... ).

posted 12-17-07 01:16 PM EDT (US)     463 / 488  
    Did a whole bunch of changes regarding Baenre that only affect human player. Also deleted Dominate and various other feats from her capabilities - was indeed way too much!!
    Also added some nice surprise random attacks in order to simulate an opponent and make her life harder (only active when player is human)

The master file is again with Swolte now.

Gernerally, Iīm also absoultely against the use of Dominate items, especially combined with drain will.

Those should at least be reduced to a fair minimum if not totally cancelled. Rather use seduce or something similar which does not work on all units.

Hey guys, it looks as if were indeed able to upload our little community present duly to the holy festival (easter )

M

posted 12-17-07 05:26 PM EDT (US)     464 / 488  
    Indeed!

I plan to add the following to the map description when it is uploaded. Let me know if you have any additional ideas.

------------------------------------------------------------ -
    For those of you who like the challenge, I dare you to play this map in what is called "Ironman" - style. You can only play this once and it requires some more skill and scouting.

The style consists out of the following:
    - You shall play the map blind (no looking at it beforehand)
    - You shall not reload
    - You shall not trade or make/allow peace with AI (except Syrons)
    - You shall not use tricks that you consider to be serious abuses against the AI.

In your review, please let us know if you played "Ironman" and how far you came.

------------------------------------------------------------ -

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 12-18-2007 @ 00:51 AM).]

posted 12-18-07 00:35 AM EDT (US)     465 / 488  
    Ok, check your emails as I proudly present you the last version!

There haven't been much changes but mostly the map has just become more immersing and playable. The playtesters have done a wonderful job and have sent tons of saves and feedback. A lot of it already very positive on the map. I have also received some more events from you (and made some myself).

No real new areas, except a home for the lvl20 Ankh-hero that was bugging some playtesters from day 5...

Hatstand, or myself, will upload the map on Friday or earlier!

~ S

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 12-18-2007 @ 00:37 AM).]

posted 12-21-07 07:37 AM EDT (US)     466 / 488  
    well, im not sure if im meant to upload the copy of the map i have or not, so im not going to do anything, in case i mess up....
    posted 12-21-07 10:12 AM EDT (US)     467 / 488  
    Yes, please await further instructions! There might be some last minute additions.

posted 12-22-07 00:18 AM EDT (US)     468 / 488  
    I have implemented some last minute additions from Albaron and Bam65 and the map is now with Hatstand to upload. He said he was able to do it tonight!!

First all, big thanks to Hatstand for his efforts in bringing the map so far. I also want to personally thank all of you for your cooperation in wrapping up the map. I know its not been easy for everyone, but in the end, I do think we have succeeded into making a fun and memorable experience for those who play it.

I found it an interesting experience and I am very happy that I got to know some of you 'masters' out there a bit better! I certainly learned my share of mapmaking from this and I bet some of you have as well!

It does not have to end here. If people are willing to update the map with additional content, fixes and perhaps even a MP version, I think this is great (I have a feeling this map is prone to become a very popular one...). However, I won't be coordinating this daunting project (my dirty job is done... ) so we'll have to figure something out with time.

Anyway, lets have a toast!

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 12-22-2007 @ 01:05 AM).]

posted 12-22-07 00:23 AM EDT (US)     469 / 488  
    Uploading As I Type!

Edit: Finished Uploading.

[This message has been edited by hatstand (edited 12-22-2007 @ 00:28 AM).]

posted 12-22-07 02:08 AM EDT (US)     470 / 488  
    Anyway, lets have a toast!

Congratulation to us all!
    We have finished it - Even before Christmas!

Letīs have a dragon rum then.

Prost!
    Cheers!

posted 12-22-07 04:05 AM EDT (US)     471 / 488  
    but....but....

itīs not yet easter !! ?? !!

Cheerio!! we did it! yeah! Now Iīm more than curious about the feedback!

Anyway: Itīs more than likely, that Iīll initiate a comparable project by beg. of 08!

I already have a concept in my mind but what I simply do not have, is much time( (who has??) and therefore, Iīd like to do another time-sparing mmbem thing, but probably with a smaller group of different but (hopefully) exceptionally gifted mapmakers.

Therefore, I hope when I come along with details, that some others are interested to join in ?!

But for now - letīs see, if this goes down well!!

lbnl (my first own abbraviation invention: last but not least )
    Happy easter to all of you !!
    (or what was it?!)

and

posted 12-27-07 11:10 AM EDT (US)     472 / 488  
    What happened to the final version?
    posted 12-27-07 12:28 PM EDT (US)     473 / 488  
    its been uploaded by me. should be avaliable sometime.

and morgul... i had ruled up a perfect grid, but i lost it.
    posted 01-08-08 10:15 PM EDT (US)     474 / 488  
    Hey, I hope that you are just taking a vacation after the long hard work on the map and not forget to come back for a multiplayer version.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
    posted 01-22-08 07:17 PM EDT (US)     475 / 488  
    Hey folks, I read the reviews of the map, and people are liking it! Very encouraging.

However, I get bored very quick playing single-player. I like multi-player games.

There are 5 wizards remaining that aren't human playable, plus the map is not necessarily balanced for multi-player. I don't think we need to go overboard on this, we could just rate the playing experiences, (i.e. Edmond is hard, Varg is easy), so that players of different strengths can take the different slots, or so that alliances can be pre-set.

Here are the five AI wizards:

- Manzakk [Humans] [E4] [Purple] (Designed By: Kaskoid)
    - Srr' Akk [Draconians] [A3] [Aqua] (Designed By: Albaron)
    - Lord Dread [Undead] [E1] [Black] (Designed By: Swolte)
    - Lucrezia [Archons] [B1] [White] (Designed By: Roger)
    - Varg [Orcs] [A1] [Brown] (Designed By: King David)

Are any of the 5 gentlemen listed here willing to give a go at tweaking their respective wizards to make them more human playable? If not, I am willing to take over one or two of them in this effort, and would appreciate assistance from some other of the mapmakers.

I will e-mail this if this post gets little response.

[This message has been edited by fromage67 (edited 01-22-2008 @ 07:17 PM).]

posted 01-22-08 09:14 PM EDT (US)     476 / 488  
    You have my blessing to tweak as much as you like!

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 01-22-2008 @ 09:15 PM).]

posted 01-23-08 01:48 AM EDT (US)     477 / 488  
    I am playing the map in SP this day and found errors.

I recomment that we create a system to update the map (So far I only mean the SP version).

Suggestion for Event updates. First we need a version number (so far we have v.2) of the map that is in the download section.
    Then we can update events and writer the version number of the events into it (in front of every event name).
    That is a chance that not everyone creates an own new SP version.
    I (for my part) have found some own and some other errors or events that should be updated.

We will see of there is a way and will to stay a little professional or if this map becomes a slitted version in future. All is meant only for the SP version so far but of course this event updates can be used in a possible MP version too. If we mark this events with version numbers the guy who wants to make another version can implement them into the MP version.

Furthermore the one who wants to change terrain in this map should tell this here and take the lates version of the map. So we can avoid that two people work on the map at the same time and change terrain.
    There are some ugly things inside this map that should be changed.
    I think it will not work as I suggested but itīs worth a try.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by The Groll (edited 01-23-2008 @ 02:34 AM).]

posted 01-23-08 04:49 AM EDT (US)     478 / 488  
    fromage67, you've had the same idea than me.

I'm thinking about a multiplayer version as well as some changes and event additions to my two quadrants. But I was still at the preparing phase and therefore I haven't made any announcement for help working on it. I'm willing to make this able to play in MP.

The Groll is right with his comments and I agree with him.

So let's see how many entrants would like to help or what they think about our plans.
    posted 01-23-08 11:47 AM EDT (US)     479 / 488  
    To be honest, I designed my wizard to be playable and was a little surprised to find out that he wasn't going to be.
    I think he is playable now, but have not really checked to see what, if anything, was changed. Let me know if he needs tweaking.

Arch-Enemy of the Annoyingly Dense
    Practitioner of Whimsy
    Celt,Finn & Swede Elder Gamer
    posted 04-17-08 11:54 AM EDT (US)     480 / 488  
    Hi,

Are people still interested in making this map available for PBEM? I get bored very soon with single player although I have explored completely the map.

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Scenario Design » Map Making By Email Community Project
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames