Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rabbits and Deer on a Siege Map
posted 04-22-07 10:37 EST (US)   
Ever wished you could have deer and wut-wuts on a siege map while you played? As any Strongholder knows, rabbits and deer are exterminated at the beginning of game play on a siege map.

This trick is a nice touch to any siege map. What’s best, its so simple anyone can do it!

Step 1

Access your map in the editor, Press the Alt. button and the H button at the same time. This will pause the map in the design editor. When you have done this correctly the editor page will look like this. Note the lower right corner with the red box.

Step 2

Now, enter the map. In this example I have built a pen to contain the animals, Select the animal you want and choose where you would like them to be on the map. The highlighted tile in the red box is where we will place rabbits. Left click once on your chosen spot. Keep in mind, each ‘click’ will produce 8 deer or 12 rabbits. If you keep clicking, your rabbits will multiply.....well, like rabbits.

Step 3

Save your map, That’s it! Just make sure it is the very last thing you do on your map before the final save. Otherwise, any work you do after will have to be done in this paused mode.

Now, when you play the map the following will happen! Here I have paused the map at the start of the siege to show a funny effect. Look inside the red box, What’s this? Phantom Green deer and bunnies? Where is this place, Chernobyl?

Voila! wut-wuts and deer on a siege map!

UnikUnok

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 04-22-2007 @ 06:59 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-22-07 11:36 EST (US)     1 / 9  
Very nice write up UU.

WL_D.

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
posted 04-22-07 12:32 EST (US)     2 / 9  
Yeah, maybe Lady A or Sulis could add it to the tutorials list.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
posted 04-22-07 12:53 EST (US)     3 / 9  
Well pointed out, Younghappy! If, of course, UnikUnok approves?
posted 04-22-07 13:47 EST (US)     4 / 9  
Of coarse! That is why I posted it. Glad to know it is worthy.

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah
posted 04-22-07 20:41 EST (US)     5 / 9  
How did you disover this trick; Experimentation or accident?

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
Robert Orben
posted 04-23-07 17:50 EST (US)     6 / 9  
Hey Dragons Rider,

Experimentation, I kind of had an idea how to achieve it. Vierville just wasn't the map for free range wut-wut.

Could you imagine? Normandy beach, so tranquil, so serene. Thunderous waves crashed upon the shore. Their well timed crescendos as if orchestrated by a conductor, carried across the damp early air. Here, is Peter Cottontail, brought out on this glorious morning no doubt by the beautiful radiance of the rising Sun. Approaching a leaf to lap its collected dew, he ever so gently... KABLAMM! KABOOM! Aieeeeee!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Move! Move! Move! BOOM!!! Ahhhhhhh my arm, my arm! Ahhhhhh!

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 04-23-2007 @ 05:53 PM).]

posted 04-25-07 14:59 EST (US)     7 / 9  
WOAH! That's weird...I just completely lost one eye. Need to put it back in. O_x

Known elsewhere as Planewalker.
posted 04-25-07 17:38 EST (US)     8 / 9  
UnikUnok is not responsible for lost eyes, eyewear, contacts or rabbits.

posted 04-25-07 17:41 EST (US)     9 / 9  
I never do siege maps, so I don't find this very useful to me, but its cool to see new tricks still coming. I thought all these wierd tricks were already discovered.

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.

[This message has been edited by Dougleass (edited 04-25-2007 @ 05:41 PM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Rabbits and Deer on a Siege Map
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames