You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lowering the walls 2x faster!
posted 07-21-08 09:01 EST (US)   
Greetings guys. Some of you may already know this, but perhaps this tutorial will be useful for those who want to create perfect lowered walls. As you know it takes about 6 times to repeat the process while the wall is completely lowered to the ground, however there's a simple way to reduce it to three times!

Step 1: cover the area around the wall with water (beach, moat or sea will do as well, since we need the hades terrain).

Step 2: lower the wall by placing rocks as usual, but be sure that the rock is placed both on the wall and on water to equalize the height. Then delete the rocks, flatten the land and cover everything with water once more.

Step 3: now repeat the process two more times:

Result: the wall has been perfectly lowered

I hope this was useful!

Sincerely,
AZ ViTrAzhAs

Nothing is as easy as it looks. │
Everything takes longer than you think. │
Smile... tomorrow will be worse.
│>>>Murphy's laws
"Now the neighborhood is cracked and torn..." - The Offspring
Stronghold Crusader projects: 300 Spartans, A Sweet Dream, Fathers' Sins, Chapter 1,
Chapter 2, Chapter 3
Replies:
posted 07-21-08 13:44 EST (US)     1 / 6  
Now that must surely save some time for them wall-lowering-path-making types

Great idea!
posted 07-23-08 08:12 EST (US)     2 / 6  
I love the wall lowering trick, and if i'd have known about this years ago I coudl have saved the best part of a month when designing maps!! Well noticed, and thanks for sharing
posted 07-23-08 08:53 EST (US)     3 / 6  
I think this is one of the most useful discoveries of recent times. Welldone...it's a pity that I have finished making Troy

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
posted 07-24-08 13:39 EST (US)     4 / 6  
It's been a while since someone last spoke of the hades terrain. Interesting find Az.

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+¤=≡↵-._◊¤†¤◊_.-↵≡=¤+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~¤+¤=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=¤+¤~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"Ï'~.-=¤◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=¤~-¤._◊_.¤-~¤=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊¤=-.~'Ï"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'
posted 07-25-08 17:42 EST (US)     5 / 6  
I did this alot when I made maps. I've done so many roads, that without doing this, It'd be much more painful. XD

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
posted 07-26-08 17:22 EST (US)     6 / 6  
this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Lowering the walls 2x faster!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames