Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: February 2011
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 01 March 2011 10:56 AM EDT (US)   
Today, we welcome Coldviper to the stage.

Coldviper is cold.

Yeebaagooon: You recently suffered the wrath of the banhammer. How was it?
Coldviper: Not too bad. I lurked around the forums periodically at the beginning of my banishment then a little before I was going to get unbanned. I thought I would dread it more when I got banned but after the first week of my banishment I stopped checking HG and found other ways to fill my spare hours. I always thought that people over reacted to what I said, and that I never should have gotten-Perma banned after I looked at many other similar offenses that received only warnings or perhaps a short week long ban. At first I thought because it was one of the HG bigshots that caught me, but then I realized that it was far better to get banned by someone being over protective then some other mod, who would have gladly banned me just because they could legitimately ban me. :P

Yeebaagooon: What attracts you to mafia games?
Coldviper: Mostly the arguing and the idea of a "you loose" ending to an argument when the lynch comes. Granted the game is more complicated than that but that's the most appealing part to me.

Yeebaagooon: What has been your favourite mafia and why?
Coldviper: Some really great guy hosted this mafia called Monty python: The quest for the holy grail mafia. I dunno who this guy was but he should host more. It is the only success of mine that people remember. It started out as one of my first games but seeing as it was so huge by the end I had gotten a lot better at the game. I came close to being lynched but my scum partner Brighty did a good job of coming up with a fake claim and managed to defend me quite well. Later on in the game I made a dramatic move(Orchestrated by me) that was a carried out by Sneakysquirrel and I. It was basically a set up of rising suspicion that was clinched by a counterclaim by a supposedly inactive player. All my hints, although skillfully batted away, slowly built up some suspicion that would be capitalized on by the fake claim. We manged to get them to clarify points in their fakeclaim before hitting it with our own(Of course it helped that we had a cop result on them and we knew that their claim was false). It felt good that two of the worst players on HG should pull off such nice move that got rid of two very skilled players. I don't like to think of it as my only success but it was certainly my most memorable. All in all it was a delight to give the host such great satisfaction in revealing the "Spanish inquisition" completely intact till the near end of the game.

Perhaps it destroyed my game as after it I never wanted to play a normal game. I always wanted to be truly memorable after that and never slipped into the status quo again. But to play that one game would be far better than playing all the other games I played on HG. Whoever the host was...he has my congratulations on creating such a marvelous game.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Yeebaagooon: Any tips for people wanting to start up?
Coldviper: Read through some old games. Don't listen too all the "experts"(Rot,ferret,Heir,Ashrz). As I leave I find more and more of the newer players are turning into "Mini Heirs to Herr" as I call them. They all have(Maybe excluding rot. He has been very nice to me throughout my stay) very strong attitudes. It's become more pronounced(At least to me) lately and it's not creating a very fun game environment. I'll admit that I wasn't perfect either but when you're lynched please say curses and that's it. This whole "I piss on you town. You're really stupid, I hope the mafia wins" is a horrible outlook. People get far too pissed off now when they're lynched. Additionally, during the games the "experts" have this aura of superiority that's just not fun to play with. The games that I started playing are of a very different sort from the games I see being played now. I could say more but the bottom line is that it seems so much less of a game then when I started. I know I meant off on a tangent there.

Yeebaagooon: What's your average day like?
Coldviper: Well, I usually wake up to the sound of soft soothing music. I force myself up to eat the tray of food the maid brings in and.....

Then I wake up for real and realize that it was all a dream. I get coffee as soon as I can and if I'm up early, I can spend the time I usually would spend on the bus savoring my coffee. I hit the books at 9:00 and study hard till sometime around 11-11:30 then I work on my music for an hour or so then lunch and repeat. I like to stay away from schedules and lists and stuff like that so it's hard to pin down an average day. This is pretty much my basic template. I like to add in all sorts of acts of evil throughout the day though.

Yeebaagooon: So why are you leaving HG?
Coldviper: Many reasons.

Firstly, I have a lot on the go in the next 8 months. I have some high goals that I want to achieve and they're going to take a good bit of work to achieve. As such I have less leisure time and I have to be able to justify spending it. This brings me to my second point.

Secondly, I haven't been able to justify spending time here. I like it here but let's face it. I never really fit in with you guys here. Some people were nice enough to deny it, others never commented, and then a few boldly stood up and said it. When I came I was very naive, as I got older I like to think I lost a lot of that naivety partially thanks to you. Internet anonymity will enable people to say things to you that people in real life never have the backbone to say. And I'm glad you did. It was fun to screw around with you guys in HOV, the town crier, the PST, the Shamans hut, or even OD a bit but I'm realized more and more that I'm not wanted by a lot of people. I understand it. I've never fit in and I don't think I ever will, as a result I've decided to leave. This also leads into my 3rd point.

Thirdly,
Speak for yourself. Coldviper doesn't deserve a third (fourth?) chance.
This post has influenced me to leave. Although let's be honest. Maybe he's right.
CV is apparently also racist and sexist
Maybe he was being sarcastic. But even he knows that anything negative said about will be taken at face value at this point.
It's okay to hate Coldviper because he 1) Does not believe women should have power over their own body and 2) is reactionary to values that contradict his own (primarily, against Islam).
Why do people misquote me and then judge me for things I never said. Even the beliefs that I do hold are somehow used against me. I never judged a person by what they thought and I never think of other players by what their worldviews are. Why do they do it to me? What's the point? Do we have to agree about everything single issue to play a game together?
CV's just had too many chances to be cool.
He's right. I've had plenty of chances. But if being cool is acting like Heir I don't want it.
It takes work to be tolerant of the intolerant.
Apparently I'm intolerant...

and finally this is the post that has made me leave.
I think you'll find that most of us have largely been tolerant of the intolerant so far. We've tolerated TME's English, Sneaky's stupidity and CV throughout his stay here, but the buck has to stop somewhere.
Fourthly, Mafia. One of my favorite things to do here is slowly getting destroyed for me. The players are getting more arrogant and all the games seem to be more personally then they should be. My good games(Save my one) are never held up to the light. I only have my failures highlighted and now I'm categorized among the failures. Even the new players judge me by my past not my current game. Maybe just some harmless joking but I'm tired of it. I wish I could wipe my slate clean and restart but I can't. The game that has made me to leave is the Pokemon mafia by Henrz. They were lynching a player who had a similar claim to mine when someone said. "Hey, why aren't we lynching Coldviper"? Suddenly the unthinkable happened. The whole town turned around and voted for me. They didn't want to bring day to a close and get the inactive game closer to the end. They actually turned around and voted for me.

Yeebaagooon: Any words of wisdom?
Coldviper: Don't kill yourself and don't do drugs. I want you guys alive(Mostly) for me to check in on in 10 years or something. :P Also, please don't expect some sort of Hotel California thing from me. Thanks to yeeb for giving me such a great last thread.
Cheers,
Coldviper

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 March 2011 11:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 59  
Congrats and goodbye.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 01 March 2011 11:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 59  
NOOOO!!

I ONLY EVER SPOKE TO HIM ON MSN WHEN HE ADDED ME BECAUSE I JOINED ONE MAFIA GAME AND I RECOGNIZED HIM THROUGH YEEBS SIG! AND HE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 01 March 2011 12:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 59  
I'm sorry to hear how your experience here has been disappointing, but I'm glad you at least get this acknowledgement as a farewell. I was glad you posted your Awesome Band thread being a Rush fan myself.

I wish you well in your pursuits and hope you stop in from time to time...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 01 March 2011 03:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 59  
*Sniffle* Bye CV .

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 01 March 2011 03:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 59  
posted 01 March 2011 04:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 59  
*slow clap* Well done guys, you chased off another one.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 01 March 2011 06:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 59  
Darn, another accomplished forumer leaves AoMH... what's that curse that makes everyone die ?

Unfortunatly, he hadn't still answered the question I asked him several time in the past... what province he was coming from. It will stay as an unsolved mystery he brought in his grave

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 01 March 2011 06:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 59  
Sorry for my game being the one to drive you away .

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 01 March 2011 07:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 59  
Didn't he win the Lpw too? I remember people being able to host it after a double post but I guess not anymore.

I never asked for this.
posted 01 March 2011 08:49 PM EDT (US)     10 / 59  
Do we do MotM by alternating an SDer/Modder with a community member?

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 01 March 2011 11:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 59  
The result of a sudden influx of retards.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
posted 01 March 2011 11:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 59  
THEY ALWAYS COME BACK

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 02 March 2011 00:50 AM EDT (US)     13 / 59  
Who? The retards?

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 02 March 2011 01:24 AM EDT (US)     14 / 59  
Sad :'(
Have a nice life

~~~~~~ My Work | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Mods ~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Scenarios ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Also my Website ~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~
ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ
posted 02 March 2011 01:51 AM EDT (US)     15 / 59  
You do not look 10.

<3
posted 02 March 2011 04:24 AM EDT (US)     16 / 59  
What so I look 4 now?

~~~~~~ My Work | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Mods ~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Also my Website ~~~~
posted 02 March 2011 04:44 AM EDT (US)     17 / 59  
oh well bye.
posted 02 March 2011 05:48 AM EDT (US)     18 / 59  
Nah anstar brah you be 13 bro.

<3
posted 02 March 2011 06:05 AM EDT (US)     19 / 59  
How did you know

posted 02 March 2011 06:08 AM EDT (US)     20 / 59  
The Elves.

<3
posted 02 March 2011 06:10 AM EDT (US)     21 / 59  
DArn it I really didn't do em hard enough did I my secret is revealed :'(
now wheres that blasted Tinkabell!

posted 02 March 2011 11:05 AM EDT (US)     22 / 59  
Lol

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 03 March 2011 03:25 AM EDT (US)     23 / 59  
Aww sorry to see you leave CV, if you are reading this thread and it helps (which it probably doesn't) I never thought you sucked. =P

1. Perfection is impossible.
2. Nothing is impossible.
3. There are always exceptions.
posted 04 March 2011 07:48 AM EDT (US)     24 / 59  
I know what you mean CV... I've even been flamed my mods...
Anyway... have a good time out there!
posted 04 March 2011 09:07 AM EDT (US)     25 / 59  
CV, you were by far, the arrogant one in my mafia. As the doctor, you held around yourself a cloak as if you were right and everyone else was wrong without any regard for the current situation in hand. You were completely reckless, and when people rightfully inquired about it, you treated them like crap and were needlessly stubborn. Watching from an outsider, I can definitely say you completely brought it on yourself.

The sad thing is, this is like the third time it's happened.
I think you'll find that most of us have largely been tolerant of the intolerant so far. We've tolerated TME's English, Sneaky's stupidity and CV throughout his stay here, but the buck has to stop somewhere.
I have to say I'm taken aback a bit by this too. TME has a lot of potential, I liked Sneaky, and most notably I don't dislike you. But you've disrupted several mafias because of your arrogant attitude which you accuse others of having.

Also, I think you're mistaking confidence for arrogance too much, and are being a tad too sensitive. I know, I'm sensitive, too, but in mafia, people are aggressive. There's no room for being nice.

I would prefer that you stick around and try to work on your kinks when it comes to mafia, and you'll fit right in, but it's your choice. Good luck.

And yes, I was being sarcastic.

EE forever
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: February 2011
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames