Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ESO please help "failed to join game"
posted 07-23-08 11:19 PM EDT (US)   
thanks for clicken this link im so tired of the failed to join game promblem im thinken or gettin a new router cause of that promblem please leave a post so ESO can see how many people are so freaken annoyed anout this dum promblem please post so people can see we need to fix this promblem as soon as possible (hopefully next patch) thank you for your time

Cookie,"Orange i dont think you know who you're dealling with," after 5mins to 10mins of war later... Orange,"i dont think you know who ur deallin with"
ESO;AOE3,TWC,& TAD username: Alexodeconqure (i think lol)
<>< Another post done by a fishy noob <><
<>< Alejandro J. Diaz <><
Replies:
posted 07-23-08 11:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
The hell did you just say?

Go to agecommunity and check the forums for fixes for the failed to join.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 07-24-08 01:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
You can't blame ESO 100% of the time.

You might just have a bad internet connection.
posted 07-24-08 01:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  

“Failed to Join Game” is still a major issue that many players experience Online.
Hopefully Ensemble will address this issue in the next patch.

There is still a way for you to fix this problem but it requires a lot of experimenting and it does not always work, so here is what you can do:

First make sure you have disabled all possible Fire Walls (Windows fire wall and the Router’s fire wall).

Make sure you don’t run any VPN applications that block ports or cause port conflict.

AOE3 uses certain ports so you have to make sure they are open.
You therefore need to set Port Forwarding manually for AOE3 (open the ports).
But first you need to find out what is your router’s IP Address.

Find your Actual IP Address

From your Desktop, click on START then RUN, type CMD and press the Enter key, and then execute IPCONFIG.

Check what your current IP address is

How to set Port Forwarding

Open your internet explorer and type 192.168.1.1 (or whatever is your Router’s IP address).
This will open the Router’s application screen.

Go to “Applications & Gaming” tab and open the “Port Range Forward” screen.
You need to enter the following information in order to open AOE3’s ports.

Under application type: AoE3III
Port Range Start: 2300
Port Range End: 2340
Protocol: Both
IP Address: 192.168.1.100 (according to your actual IP address)
Enabled: Check

If Port Forwarding doesn’t work for you then try to connect your modem directly to the internet (bypassing the router) and see if you can join more games this way.
If you can, then something may be wrong with your router setup (port forwarding or some other set up).

If you still CANNOT join most games (with modem only), then the problem may be with the modem itself.
You would then need to find out if your modem has a built in router.

Many internet providers supply their customers with a modem that has a built in router.

If that is the case then you will need to open the ports in the built in router.
If that doesn’t work then you may want to buy another modem (without the built in router), and see if that solves the problem.
posted 07-24-08 05:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
also try hard wiring your pc to your router with a ethernet cable, your routers firewall may be blocking eso servers.

Ultimitsu : james, can you please understand the counter system first before making comments on the "what counters what" subject?

Lordkivlov : Do you just like to see your own posts? Because 90% of them are pretty much useless.

"Generall every civilisation has it easy time with British." - James246
ESO: retribution1423
posted 07-24-08 10:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
I just host games nowdays and let people join my games. It's much easier that way.

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)
posted 07-24-08 11:54 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
I just host games nowdays and let people join my games. It's much easier that way.
When someone has the “Fail to Join” problem then most players can’t join his game.
That is true even for players that normally don’t have this problem.

So it doesn’t matter if you join game or host games – the problem doesn’t go away.
posted 07-25-08 02:10 AM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
It doesn't go away, but it is easier.

It saves you having to go through the game browser looking for games to join.

People can join your games, and some will fail, but some will join.

Anyway, I prefer hosting my own games, as I can choose the map, colours and that I'm on Team 1. (I hate Team 2).
posted 07-25-08 05:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
I just can agree to Latino4. Thats a big issue in this game. We often play 2vs2 games and its really a pain to see how many people try to join our game and fail.
We know thats a router prob but this makes it not easier to solve. The prob is that SOME people can join and some not. And sometimes restart of the comp can solve the prob and sometimes not.
So were is the solution for that? I think its mainly an eso prob. PLEASE solve that prob!!!
posted 07-29-08 01:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
restart the game is simpel and it works... and every body get that famne message gree..

thats all
MadeZ

ps. my first langues is danish
posted 11-16-08 11:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
it works 4 me until u say "then open up internet browser and type ip address" where is that typed and otherwise thanks
posted 11-17-08 03:03 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
Wasn't there a thread recently that said how to fix this? I don't know if what he says will solve your problems but its worth looking into.
Use the search function and type "failed to join", look for a recent thread.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 11-17-2008 @ 03:04 AM).]

posted 11-17-08 05:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
@Pimpman3001
And just for future refrence, you probably shouldn't bump threads more than a few weeks old, as some people get really annoyed by it (personally I don't, but many people do, so you may want to avoid doing it to avoid getting flamed).

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)

[This message has been edited by FenrisWulf (edited 11-17-2008 @ 05:49 PM).]

posted 11-17-08 07:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
sry it was the newest thread when i checked last time and didn't check the date
posted 11-17-08 08:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
Yes, restarting the game works around 50% of the time to solve failed to join game problems.

I agree, maybe ES can just come and fix the problem some time from their new studio they're trying to make?
posted 11-23-08 10:09 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
You can try logging out of your account and then logging back in, or you can can refresh the game menu, or you can also just keep on trying to get into the game because that is all you can do sometimes.
posted 11-24-08 02:38 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
ahh my old thread how i use to be a newb...good times good times

Cookie,"Orange i dont think you know who you're dealling with," after 5mins to 10mins of war later... Orange,"i dont think you know who ur deallin with"
ESO;AOE3,TWC,& TAD username: Alexodeconqure (i think lol)
<>< Another post done by a fishy noob <><
<>< Alejandro J. Diaz <><
posted 11-24-08 03:20 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Use to be? What do you mean used to be a newb?

Nah, Jks. :P
posted 11-24-08 04:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
im not a newb but im a bit of a noob. I hope u all know the difference.....

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
posted 11-24-08 04:19 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Use to be? What do you mean used to be a newb?
Don't make me bring out the definition of Newb and Noob again . They are different words with different meanings.

Anyways... Locked because bumped thread turned into off-topic chatter!

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » ESO please help "failed to join game"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames