Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The War Chiefs Designers Mod with Auto Install/Uninstall
posted 07-18-07 00:35 AM EDT (US)   

Now with AUTO installer/uninstaller
Updated for patch 1.04

What is it?

The AoE III TWC Designer's Mod is one of the most collaborated and most celebrated mods for Age of Empires III and is now available for The War Chiefs Expansion pack. It was started by humble designers trying to gain an edge in the editor by unlocking many new wonderful things under the name of the Mega Proto series. Now implemented to The War Chiefs Expansion, this is the most powerful and versatile designing tool to date.

And now, equipped with an AUTO installer/uninstaller, the Age of Empires III TWC Designers Mod makes designing the best scenarios easier than ever!!

DOWNLOAD TODAY

What it includes:

• All TWC Homecity Buildings and units.
  • New TWC Skyboxes and backgrounds
  • New Blood props! Thanks Argalius
  • sziggi' RPG mod
  • Moosefood's Crusader Units unbugged.
  • HC buildings and units unlocked.
  • HC Skyboxes
  • New props
  • Flying IGC units
  • Forgotten Italian and Swedish buildings and units.
  • Working Fireworks.
  • New weather aspects, including clouds, thunderstorms, and rainbows.
  • The lost starfort!
  • Many new buildings and units unlocked.
  • Over 100 hidden trees including the Giant Redwoods.
  • New lightings.
  • LFS's Ronin Japanese Mods.
  • New lightings.
  • New terrains.
  • Bugs fixed.
  • and so much more!

A few new items for this version include:

3 New Markets, new props and new HC dock

New Blood props

Thank you Argalius

Design the best scenarios with the TWC Designers Mod

Updated for patch 1.04.
    This installer has been tested repeatedly and works fantastic, even allowing you to designate an install path if you do not want to install to the default AoE III Directory. The uninstaller restores your data files exactly as they were before you installed the AoE III TWC Designers Mod.

[This message has been edited by twoqtimes2 (edited 11-28-2007 @ 00:52 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 07-18-07 04:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
    twoqtimes2,

This designer mod looks great.
    I wish I had time to install and play with it now, but I am pressed with time and will have to wait until I am done working on the next “Strategic Objectives” contest.

A few questions for you:

You are describing this as a mod so my understanding is that some data files are being modified, is this correct?
    If so, is this means that players cannot play online until they uninstall the mod?

Will players that don’t have the mod be able to enjoy scenarios that were created with new units or new terrain that is included with this mod?
    If so, can players play online with scenarios that were created with the help of the designer mod?

Is Reyk’s editor required to be installed first before this mod?
    posted 07-18-07 04:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
    haha awesome!

thanks!!!!

Lolocausts are fun.
    posted 07-18-07 05:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
    You are describing this as a mod so my understanding is that some data files are being modified, is this correct?
    Yes, four data files are modified. The proto.xml, protox.xml, stringtable.xml and stringtablex.xml. However, I wrote the installer to create a backup folder in your game directory that will keep all original files intact.
    If so, is this means that players cannot play online until they uninstall the mod?
    That is correct. However, uninstallation is a matter of two mouse clicks. I wrote the uninstaller to create a shortcut on your desktop called "Aoe III TWC Restore". This will remove all modified files from your game directory and then place the original files from the previously created backup folder. Upon uninstall, it will remove the backup folder from the game directory.

This accomplishes what other uninstallers have failed to do. It will remove any sign of this modification including copied files and reg keys from your machine allowing you to play ESO unhindered!
    Will players that don’t have the mod be able to enjoy scenarios that were created with new units or new terrain that is included with this mod?
    Yes and no. They will be able to load and play the scenario, however they will not be able to see the added objects unless they install the mod.
    If so, can players play online with scenarios that were created with the help of the designer mod?
    If you are asking whether a modded multiplayer map can be played with this mod, I don't know. This will have to be tested once the new patch is released allowing CSO.

If you are asking whether they can play ESO, then yes, they will be able to play online as long as they uninstall the mod first. Again, installation is 4 mouse clicks and uninstallation is 2 mouse clicks, so it is very easy.
    Is Reyk’s editor required to be installed first before this mod?
    If you are following the directions from kjn and PureAlbino concerning the patch they created, then I would advise doing that first and then installing this mod. The installer will not over-write any of the patch work they did. But, Reyks editor is not required to be installed for this this mod to work.

[This message has been edited by twoqtimes2 (edited 07-18-2007 @ 05:34 PM).]

posted 07-19-07 03:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
    Top notch, and well done! bravo!
    posted 07-19-07 03:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
    And once again looking sharp Twoq!

Getting credit for kjn's work: New Editor2 Expansion Patch
    posted 07-19-07 03:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
    great work!
    posted 07-19-07 04:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
    Awesome work.
    Btw, those Japanese mods - are they the old ones (without the 3rd tent texture?)

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
    posted 07-19-07 10:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
    Thanks guys!!

Rider, there are three tent textures included. So I guess I have the old ones. Install and see, and if I need to update, just send me the art files.

[This message has been edited by twoqtimes2 (edited 07-19-2007 @ 10:02 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The War Chiefs Designers Mod with Auto Install/Uninstall
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames