You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: All Existing Home City Decks are Lost when Converting a Multiplayer Scenario to TAD
posted 11-08-07 05:56 PM EDT (US)   

Please be aware that you will loose your existing Multiplayer Home City Decks when you convert your existing scenario to TAD.

The normal way of converting a scenario to a new expansion is to open the scenario and then use the “Save As” to save it under the new expansion.

When I did that with my TWC scenarios that had eleven 100 Home City level decks with 25 cards each, most of the home city cards were erased.
The home cities still show they have 25 cards but the number of cards that can be selected varies from 2 to 7.

There is no way to build these decks without resetting the home cities and start all over again.

I also tried to use the new “Convert Scenario” button but the result was the same – existing home cities are not showing most of the cards.
Replies:
posted 11-09-07 01:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
JEEZ!! Why can't these guys patch or expand the game without breaking previously made scenarios?!? I'm sorry for being such a downer lately, but this is soooo frustrating.
posted 11-09-07 01:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
I have a feeling that ES actually never is doing anything than ignoring our pleas for fixing of the editor... why? There is always some bugs...
posted 11-09-07 01:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Is there a way to copy/paste decks from other scenarios into the Editor for a current scenario? That would go a long way towards mitigating this bug. (I don't use any custom editor plugins...waiting for TAD)

EDIT: And a gigantic kudos to MosheLevi for posting a lot of really helpful and clever methods for building scenarios that don't stink.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 11-09-2007 @ 01:48 AM).]

posted 11-09-07 03:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Is there a way to copy/paste decks from other scenarios into the Editor for a current scenario? That would go a long way towards mitigating this bug. (I don't use any custom editor plugins...waiting for TAD)
No, there is no way to Import/Export Home Cities between multiplayer scenarios.
I have requested such feature but I am not counting on it.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » All Existing Home City Decks are Lost when Converting a Multiplayer Scenario to TAD
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames