This is a Tribute to the Soldiers during the World War One Crisis

Progress:
Triggers: 10%
Map Design: 40%
Cinematics: 50%
Mods: 40%
Overall: 35% Complete

Must have TWC and TAD to Play

You Must have all Sounds, Music, and Mods installed for Full Game play Experience or else this will not Work

Special Thanks to DayoftheNinja for his Realism Mod for this campaign.

I am removing this campaign from the scenario design competition because (Rules say no mods) this campaign will not work well without the mods that are coming out with this. I want players to feel the emotion and fear while playing this and reading the words of the cinematic to give them a position during war from a bird's eye view saying this is serious, not like any other war game.This is going to be strategical, difficult, and long. The cinematic are going to be poignant. Cut scenes and such are going to be very much colorless--giving players a feel of a black-and-white picture for this campaign: death, rain, artillery, mud. Despite the victories, each scenario will be about an hour long or over. This is not to glorify war, but a history lesson for many. A lesson about preventing war. This war was truly called, The War to End all Wars.

Splash Damage by Artillery Units = When they attack, the explosion or impact will affect surrounding units. Deadly.

Gatling Gun is Inaccurate = the gun will be inaccurate but will affect surrounding units. Deadly.

Gas Attack Units = (IN PROGRESS : STILL DECIDING WHAT UNIT) Lil' Bombard shoots poison gas, kills all infantry units.

Gas Mask Formation = To prevent yourself from dying in poison gas raids, put your men on gas mask formation but it will reduce unit range, speed and attack.

British Mark Tank = extremely slow, very strong against infantry and artillery. invincible but weak against mortars and satchel charges(ability by sappers)

The Wex Flamethrower Unit = long range, slow, weak defense, but extremely deadly with area of effect.

Sappers = able to build sandbags, barbed wire, trading posts for supply lines, and satchel charge ability.

Enhanced Mortar (STILL IN PROGRESS) = Artillery: The 15-Inch Howitzer

World War One had the biggest artillery that the world has ever seen. It had the most massive, destructible and deadliest artillery batteries. World War One is sometimes called the Artillery War. I want to add these unique artillery pieces into this campaign so the player can feel overwhelmed about the many roles and tasks and objectives that must be performed--keeping the player on his feet and ready. The Artillery in World War One is responsible for most of the deaths and also the primary culprit for Extreme PTSD (shellshock) for WW1 Veterans. Under MONTHS and MONTHS under artillery bombardment, many soldiers reached a breaking point, counting them as casualties.

The tank is going to be the strongest unit in the game because it can only be taken out by a satchel charge by sappers and by mortars. But the mortars do very little damage but enough to kill the thing compared to everyone else. During gas attacks, put your men on gas mask formations to prevent them dying in the poison gas. Flamethrower unit is going to be extremely deadly, long range, but moves at a slow speed with very little defense.

The Download is going to be over 100MB, overall, for the entire campaign.

The Great War Campaign Soundtrack

You must make an Imeem account to listen. Sorry.

>>>>>UPDATE ON THREAD : THE CHINESE, JAPANESE, INDIAN INVOLVEMENT<<<<<

I'll be adding like two or three scenarios on Asia's role in World War One since I'm going to buy the expansion packs soon. China was attempting to join the war and send troops to the Western Front. But Japan was entirely independent and wanted to conquer German colonies in Asia and the Pacific. And also India's involvement between the Central and British factions--marching toward their own independence.

This release is going to be extremely large because there's going to be a lot of custom sounds added to this and music to keep players entertained.

The Great War Campaign CHRISTMAS SPECIAL : The Christmas Truce of 1914

A cinematic that I'll be bring to AoE3 Heaven for the Season.

I want to tell you guys that this is truly an inspirational event in history--the same as Operation Valkyrie, coming to theaters on Christmas Day. These show that there is good in the world and that war can be avoided. The British, the Germans, and the French, including Russia and the Ottoman Empire had a cease-fire on December 24-26, 1914. The higher ranking officials were disgusted by this event and forced these soldiers to kill their friends--people from different countries, languages, and culture looked at each other for just two days, into their lives seeing pictures of family. They played football(soccer), sang Christmas Carols, feasted together, decorated trees together, and even buried the dead together and sending out their prayers and wishes--patting each other on the back or hugging--knowing that the war will continue the next day...

C'mon AoE3 Heaven and everybody else. This is the 21st Century and we are truly blessed to the have the internet to unite this world together. Countries working together to combat Global Warming, economic reform, political reform, and helping Third-World Countries. I hate stupid people (inefficient, immature, people who don't use their common sense or make irrational decisions), but I hate stupid people because I want to help them--doing what is right. We are humans and we know what is right... because we can feel it and know it personally and consciously. We cannot survive alone, we can only survive together.

Don't kill or harm another human because then you'll be throwing trillions of books and 40,000 years of work into a fire. Don't ask for miracles, be the miracle. Don't wish for peace, create peace.

World War Two was avoidable but the world chose not to do anything but let Hitler and fascism grow. But spiritually and politically strong individuals did go fight to stop fascism, like George Orwell in the Spanish Civil War. It also had the potential to control and sustain communism during the revolution.

The way World War One was fought... was horribly petrifying. It completely reformed the terrain and destroyed much of Europe's forests. It was truly the War to End all Wars but the treaty was unstable. This was the war that has been forgotten by many and had the potential to stop the Holocaust.

The Battles were so massive and long that it created a horrible death for many soldiers. World War Two was a mobile war and a tough war but nothing more sinister than fighting in the trenches with heavy rain, poison gas, intense artillery over your head for months, and under intense machine gun fire across No Man's land. This could have spiritually put an end to war. But it did not. We must remember that we are human and we must remember that our enemy is also human, like ourselves. The World Wars are here not to make us glorify them through games or movies or literature, but to help us learn and improve ourselves for a better and secure future. We can avoid Armageddon.

Hey guys, this is the official thread for the The Great Campaign. This is a historical scenario based on World War One. I'll be covering all major battles of the war in this campaign and will try to add some poignant or comprehensive cinematics.

Briefing on World War One History

There are a number of things that brought Europe and the rest of the world into a massive world war. Many of the world's powerful nations were in Europe and since countries and empires were so close to each other--relationships were tense and alliances were changing. Imperialism, militarism, and economics were some factors to the war. The European empires were struggling over land in Africa and Asia. Militarism, there were growing armies and this would lead to a very unstable political relationship for many nations. America stayed out of this--even though they showed off their Great White Fleet and joined the war in 1917.

The trigger to the war, was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary, heir to the throne. The assassin was a Serbian terrorist. Austria-Hungary retaliated by asking some apologizing questions, saying that they will not attack. They lied, Germany and Italy made an alliance with Austria-Hungary, forming the Central Powers. Once Russia heard that Serbia was soon going to be attacked, they prepared their forces. France joined when Russia joined the war. German forces crossed the border of Belgium and headed for France. This move made Great Britain join the war. The Ottoman Empire also joined.

This was the most devastating and most horrific war Europe EVER saw prior to World War Two. It lasted for four long years with nothing but artillery, smoke, and fire. The land was completely reformed. New technologies brought death to a large statistic. But at the same time, the Flu was even more deadly--killing more humans than the war killed humans. But this war was significant in a way that it brought Empires down and allowed for political reform in some parts. But with this open opportunity--communism after the Russian Revolution which made them pull out of World War One and the United States and Italy joined in to fill the position--and also fascism soon came, affecting Germany, Italy, and Spain. World War One was called, "The War to End all Wars".

Battle history: When the Germans advanced into France, they pushed far and deep and then staling outside of Paris. That gave enough time for Britain and France to push back the Germans. It worked well, pushing the Germans back miles away from Paris. But both sides were rushing for the North Sea to establish a foothold. Meanwhile in Russia, the Russians pushed deep, taking Prussia and parts of Austria-Hungary. Soon, the Germans pushed back, miles and miles back. The Western Front was a desolate and gloomy battle--it was bloody stalemate that made a solid line stretching from the North Sea to Italy. The British came into the Middle East, attempting to take Jerusalem back from the Ottomans. The Ottomans were also attacking the Russians beside the Black and Caspian Sea. As Russia was up against a revolution--they pulled out and Germany pushed into far and the Ottomans focused their forces on the British. Again, the Western Front was a stalemate. The British in the Middle-east finally pushed in to Turkey. The Italians joined in and attempted to fight off Austrian forces but made an overwhelming and complete lose. Italian Forces repeatedly failed in this war. While Germany was finally able to focus on one front, they pushed in West--Verdun and Somme--two of the largest battles in World War One. They were both long battles but the Allies won and pushed the Germans back. Americans soon came at a rapid pace, sending in a large amount of forces. At this rate, they were able to push the Germans back into Germany. As the Allies from the West pushed in too far--they surrendered and a peace treaty formed.

This campaign would mainly be fixed force strategy with a blend of strategic planning and constant mobilization of your forces to keep key positions. And trust me, this will be THE HARDEST and MOST STRATEGIC campaign you'll ever play... (I'll try to keep it non-repetitive...)

Also, I'll be adding some cool features like sounds and music.

The Campaign List:

"There's a current in society"

=First Battle of the Marne

"Russia"

=Battle of Tannenberg

"Race to the Sea"

=First Battle of Ypres

=Siege of Tsingtao

"The Christmas Truce of 1914"

"Get the Ottomans out!"

=Battle of Gallipoli

=Battle of Jerusalem

=Indian Independence

=Battle of Jutland

"Bloody Stalemate"

=Second Battle of Ypres

=Battle of Verdun

"PLEASE GOD!"

"The Highlanders"

=Battle of the Somme

=Battle of Vimy Ridge

"Drowning in Death"

=Third Battle of Ypres

=Battle of Megiddo

=Battle of the Argonne

=Battle of Cambrai

=Second Battle of the Aisne

"Hundred Days Offensive"

=Second Battle of the Marne

"Aftermath"

Screenshots: Will add some more later...

[JPEG, (645.15 KB)]
[JPEG, (238.25 KB)]
[JPEG, (248.82 KB)]
[JPEG, (266.87 KB)]
[JPEG, (232.46 KB)]
[JPEG, (256.91 KB)]
[JPEG, (391.42 KB)]
[JPEG, (330.76 KB)]
[JPEG, (347.66 KB)]
[JPEG, (374.02 KB)]
[JPEG, (381.12 KB)]
[JPEG, (471.48 KB)]
[JPEG, (397.08 KB)]
[JPEG, (393.65 KB)]
[JPEG, (475.28 KB)]
[JPEG, (315.59 KB)]
[JPEG, (254.94 KB)]
[JPEG, (257.09 KB)]
[JPEG, (251.54 KB)]
[JPEG, (272.82 KB)]
[JPEG, (280.56 KB)]
[JPEG, (336.30 KB)]
[JPEG, (366.32 KB)]
[JPEG, (484.71 KB)]
[JPEG, (572.66 KB)]
[JPEG, (420.11 KB)]
[JPEG, (266.11 KB)]
[JPEG, (257.39 KB)]
[JPEG, (257.51 KB)]
[JPEG, (258.66 KB)]
[JPEG, (252.19 KB)]
[JPEG, (256.58 KB)]
[JPEG, (245.81 KB)]
[JPEG, (257.03 KB)]
[JPEG, (232.82 KB)]
[JPEG, (259.79 KB)]

Creator of The Great War Campaign

[This message has been edited by Yuttho (edited 04-02-2009 @ 10:24 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-21-08 10:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 144  
Sadly you can't get marked for making the story out of the scenario. You should just put something breif in an SPC note beforehand. Better yet a stealthe mission where you have to assassinate the archduke(even though there wasn't much stealth involved).

Anyway Now you have put bat the first scenario back up i'll go and play it.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 12-21-08 10:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 144  
How do you make the fog as in the last screenshot?

GR account: Colonel Corrupt [£eg¡øn]

prowlers own,
and you call yourself a human???
Just another liberal "name caller" cause you HAVE NO FACTS
posted 12-21-08 11:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 144  
You need a high graphics setting and a good graphics card. Some of the lighting options under World>Lighting give you more or less atmospheric "fog" than others. YOu can go through the data.bar to see the different lighting fog and ambient reflection settings. For instance, Foggycave lighting is very foggy, whereas most of the Homecity lighting settings are very clear and crisp (to see buildings in the distance and the skybox.)

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 12-21-08 11:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 144  
posted 12-21-08 01:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 144  
Thanks, well the Prequel(you don't need to play that) and Battle of Verdun(you don't have to play this either, just wait for the bulk download) is already out from 3 weeks ago. But this thread, is supposed to announce a release of one big package with all the scenarios in chronological order. In other words, I'm not releasing any more scenarios for a long time because it'll be in one download.

I'm not sure if I should include this in the scenario contest... this is a campaign, not a scenario. And its going to take a while to review because this campaign is really hard and long.

OH, i forgot to include that I'll be releasing an individual cinematic based on a true story. The Christmas Truce of 1914!!!

[This message has been edited by Yuttho (edited 12-21-2008 @ 01:44 PM).]

posted 12-21-08 07:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 144  
I have no idea what this thread is about...too much text to read

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!
Elpea: Your sound folder is right next to your fart sounds folder.

[This message has been edited by sawyer (edited 12-21-2008 @ 07:48 PM).]

posted 12-21-08 10:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 144  
I'm not sure if I should include this in the scenario contest... this is a campaign, not a scenario. And its going to take a while to review because this campaign is really hard and long.
You may want to release one or two scenarios from your campaign and submit them for the contest.

Later on you can release the entire campaign in a separate release.
posted 12-22-08 06:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 144  
My great Granddads were both killed in Ypres. 1 of em' moms gdad was in the hants regiment. he got hit by a mortar shell, was maimed, having both legs torn off and shrapnel in the eye. dont know about the other one.

God Bless Them

AlexWasps
posted 12-25-08 04:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 144  
How do you make units attack each other during a specific moment in cinematic mode. I tried changing alliances (diplomacy) but it doesn't work. Bug?

[This message has been edited by Yuttho (edited 12-25-2008 @ 04:53 AM).]

posted 12-25-08 04:56 AM EDT (US)     10 / 144  
Someone's up late...or early

Did you try unit work? I think that's how you do it.
Also if the "setplayeridle" or whatever it's called (it's the effect that comes up when you create a new effect) is in effect, I think it'll stop them from automatically fighting each other.

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!

[This message has been edited by sawyer (edited 12-25-2008 @ 04:56 AM).]

posted 12-26-08 02:32 AM EDT (US)     11 / 144  
If I'm going to release this in one bulk. How do you start the next scenario after victory. Because I don't see a load scenario trigger even though I've always had reyk's editor or the new editor's full potential only works for expansion packs. I only have vanilla.

posted 12-26-08 03:43 AM EDT (US)     12 / 144  
It might have something to do with the fact that you only have vanilla. I know there's a way to paste the "load scenario" trigger into your trigger set file...
But I forgot how to do it so I'm afraid I can't be of more use.

posted 12-26-08 03:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 144  
Thanks, and check out the thread updates on the very top.

I'm trying to get this done and over with so I can continue with my academic work. If I win, don't give me a prize.

[This message has been edited by Yuttho (edited 12-26-2008 @ 03:45 AM).]

posted 12-26-08 03:51 AM EDT (US)     14 / 144  
Looks good.
By the way, were you able to get the units to attack each other?

[This message has been edited by sawyer (edited 12-26-2008 @ 03:51 AM).]

posted 12-26-08 03:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 144  
Still working on it. Thanks for your concern. How about your campaign?

posted 12-26-08 03:57 AM EDT (US)     16 / 144  
It's going good. We're still deciding how we're going to co-ordinate the thing. How about your opinion on something:
Are you familiar with InvisionFree? And if so would you recommend it for my kind of situation (group discussion/file sharing)?

[This message has been edited by sawyer (edited 12-26-2008 @ 03:58 AM).]

posted 12-26-08 04:04 AM EDT (US)     17 / 144  
Nope, dunno what that is.

posted 12-26-08 04:06 AM EDT (US)     18 / 144  
Yeah I just heard about it when As_Saffah brought it up. Apparently it's an online host for threads/message boards.

posted 12-26-08 04:09 AM EDT (US)     19 / 144  
Oh yeah, I know that thing. I just don't really pay attention to the forum provider.

I don't know. It's up to you. To me, I don't like working with a group on a project like this.

[This message has been edited by Yuttho (edited 12-26-2008 @ 04:09 AM).]

posted 12-26-08 04:11 AM EDT (US)     20 / 144  
Well maybe you don't need to work with a group if your campaign turns out as good as it looks!

[This message has been edited by sawyer (edited 12-26-2008 @ 04:12 AM).]

posted 12-26-08 04:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 144  
I don't like working in a group on a campaign because it has conflicting ideas on how to make a scenario.

posted 12-26-08 04:20 AM EDT (US)     22 / 144  
this skyblue is very hard to read ^^
posted 12-26-08 04:24 AM EDT (US)     23 / 144  
sorry, there was something wrong with the code that's making it teal color.

posted 12-26-08 04:24 AM EDT (US)     24 / 144  
Yeah, that's something we'll probably run into to[edit: the group problem, not teal ]. I'm hoping that I can make it work in a way that minimizes that problem that a little.

I'm outta here; good night, or good morning, or whatever it is you're doing

PS Interesting, it looks just fine to me. That's odd.
EDIT: Oh no wait, you mean up at the top, not his sig lol

[This message has been edited by sawyer (edited 12-26-2008 @ 04:30 AM).]

posted 12-26-08 05:43 AM EDT (US)     25 / 144  
now it`S eye friendly,
sawyer sleep well (it`S just 11:43 am)^^

edit: wow looks like you did(Yuttho) a great job

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 12-26-2008 @ 05:46 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » [The Great War Campaign: Official Thread]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames