Added information about Geniedit2.1 Enhanced
Added Geniedit2.1 Enhanced Install Guide
Added a section about making hero's buildable
Added information about Adding A Completely New Unit
Added information about making a unit have multiple attacks
Added a link telling how to edit the amount of frames a graphic has
Add information on preventing units for being able to be built
================================

AoC Unit Stats Editing Guide (using GeniEd2)

By 007 (5 June 2004)

Welcome to the stats editing guide. This guide assumes that you have Age of Kings and Age of Kings The Conquers installed. The stats editing program only works with Age of Kings The Conquerors.

NOTE: Please install the C patch before you try to do any stats editing.

1. Go to

http://games.build-a.com/swgb/files/GeniEd2.exe

and download that program. It doesn't matter where you downloaded the program to on your hard drive, just remember where you put it.

2. Before you change anything

(Be sure that you are NOT running Age of Kings or Age of Kings The Conquerors.)

-go to the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Data

(this assumes you install aok and aoktc to the default location).

Copy the file

empires2_x1_p1.dat

to another location anywhere on your computer.

NOTE: Whenever you wanna change the stats back to how they were originally, copy that backed up file to

When it asks if you wanna replace the file click yes.

i.e.,

"There is already a file named empires2_x1_p1.dat in this folder. Do you want to replace it?"

Then all the stats will be backed-up to how they were before they were edited.)

3. Install the program you downloaded in step 1

4. Open the GeniEdit2 program.

5. select "File" then "Open" click "Ok."

At this point I am going to go step-by-step in changing a unit. Of course you could select any unit you want, but it would help if you followed through this tutorial first.

6. From the drop down menu at the top select "British."

7. Click on "Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen."

Now I will explain the fields.

Unit id: can't change this

Internal Name: can't change this

Language DLL ID: you can change this - but I am not sure if you would want to. I believe if you change this to a number that is not a valid dll id, (and saved it) then the unit wouldn't exsist in the game. i.e., Do that to a pikeman and it might not even be able to be built in game. Haven't tested this but I believe that's what would happen.

Hitpoints: - it�s the base amount of hit points a unit has. Feel free to change this. I'm not sure what the highest amount of hitpoints the game engine will accept, but feel free to experiment.

Line of sight: The amount of tiles - around a unit - that become visible. For example, a scout has a much greater line of sight than a sheep.

Garrison capacity: I'm pretty sure this doesn't work with units, objects, and buildings, that can't normally have things garrisoned inside of them. But for the ones that can have units inside of them, feel free to try editing it.

Side note: I once set a rams garrison value to 20 and loaded it full. That ram was speedy. Hehe. Just for fun.

Icon ID: Determines which little picture shows up as the unit�s icon. For example, if you change this number to 90, then it should show the icon for an arbalest.

Hide from editor: Hides the unit from the scenario editor. Uncheck this to make it so you can place them.
-note you can only place them for the civ you unchecked it for (the civ selected under drop down menu)

Dead unit ID: This number probably references which graphics should be displayed when the unit is dead... That's a guess.

Movement speed: This is how many tiles a unit travels per second. The higher the number, the faster the unit.

Attack range (displayed): The range that is displayed when you click on your unit or in the scenario editor. NOTE: This does not change the actual range, it only changes what the range is displayed as.

Attack range: Change this number to change the actual range of the unit you have selected. The higher the number, the greater its range.

However, an extremely high number, may cause the unit to revert back to its original state. (i.e. before you edited it) This is true for all the numbers that you can edit. Feel free to experiment, but if it doesn't work (and you've selected the same civ on the drop down menu as you did when you edited the unit) you should try a lower value. And follow the same format as the game engine. Meaning, if the original value is 1.000 don't put 3 try something like 3.000. Again, this applies to all the numbers, edit them in the same format that they are represented. I.e., if the value is represented with a decimal, use decimals when you edit.

Blast radius: The blast radius (measured in tiles) of a units attack. Mangonels have this, because it causes splash damage. I.e., an attack of 75 which is spread out over a certain amount of tiles. You can give the archer a blast radius if you want. But in a way it lowers your archers attack per unit. For example, say your archer has an attack of 15. Say, 3 enemy jaguar warriors (side by side) advance toward your archer. Each of them will lose 5 points (15 divided by 3) per shot your archer makes. Because the damage is spread over the area of attack.

Projectile unit id: This number determines which projectile graphic is shown. (Notice all the entries in the left panel for "Arrow" followed by a number.)

Reload time (1): The first reload time. A value of 1.000 I believe represents 1 second. The higher the number the slower it reloads.

Reload time (2): The second reload time. The higher the number the slower it reloads.

For example, say I have a unit with the following reload stats:

Reload time (1): 1.000

Reload time (2): 2.000

After its first attack it will take 1 second to do its second attack. But after its second attack it will take 2 seconds before it does another attack, then it will take one second to do that attack after that; it�s a pattern/cycle.

Armour (displayed): The amount of either pierce armour or melee armour (i'm not sure which) that is displayed when you select a unit. This does NOT change the actual armour.

Attack (displayed): The amount of attack that's displayed when you select a unit. This does NOT change the actual attack.

Side Note: If you decrease the reload time, the unit attacks quicker, making it cause more damage in less time, which is sort of like a attack increase. If you wish to keep the game balanced though, do this in minute increments.

Cost 1 used: If its checked, cost one is used. If its not checked, cost 1 is not used. Cost one is defined by the next variable...

Cost 1 type: Makes a unit�s first cost food or stone or wood or gold.

Cost 1 amount: the cost in x (x being the above selected quantity. Quantity being defined as food or stone or wood or gold) of the unit.

Cost 2 used: If it�s checked, cost two is used. If its not checked, cost 2 is not used. Cost two is defined by the next variable...

Cost 2 type: Makes a units first cost food or stone or wood or gold.

Cost 2 amount: the cost in y (y being the above selected quantity. Quantity being defined as food or stone or wood or gold) of the unit.

Construction time: The amount of time (in seconds) that it takes to make a unit. The higher the number the longer it takes for the unit to be made.

With buildings, the more villagers that are working on it the faster it builds. So, if a building's construction time is set to 30 does that mean that if one villager works on it, it takes 30 seconds to build? Yes. But construction time can be reduced by placing more villagers on the job. However, there is a decrease in efficiency of each as each is added to the task. That reduction in equivalency amounts to one-third less per unit added.

Basically what happens is that if you assign 4 vills to the job, the structure will be built in half the time, if 7 in one-third the time� and beyond that the increase in efficiency for each additional village added becomes quite small. With respect to our example here of 1 villager building in 30 seconds, 4 will have it up in 0:15 and 10 will have it up in 10 seconds. There is an article at RTS Central (MFO) that goes into this subject in great detail.

Dura-armour (displayed): The amount of either pierce armour or melee armour (I'm not sure which) that is displayed when you select a unit. This does NOT change the actual armour.

Now for step 8:

Uncheck "Hide from editor" box

Change "Movement speed" to 3.000

Change "Reload time (1)" to 0.500

Change "Reload time (2)" to 0.500

9. Click "File" then click "Save..."

10. Click "Save."

11. Click "Yes."

12. Click "File" Click "Exit."

13. Start Age of Kings The Conquerors

14. Open the scenario editor, make player one the british civ

15. Make player two the Teuton civ.

16. Make a circle out of trees; at least big enough to hold a few units.

17. Look at the units list for player one, select the "Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen"

18. Place two of them inside the circle of trees

19. Look at the units list for player two, select the "Elite Teutonic Knight"
Place 2 of them inside the trees but a bit away from the Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen.

21. Save the scenario

22. Test it

You should have some very fast firing - and moving - Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen.

Keep in mind that the game engine has to calculate everything. Even with these small changes, there was lag on my machine. Of course I have only 64mb of ram and I think the chip in here is a Pentium 2...

Reopen that scenario. (the one you saved in step 21). Look at the units list for player two, you will notice that the Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen isn't listed. Why is it listed for player one (the British) but not for player 2?
Because when we did the editing we had selected the British civ. (refer to step 6.) So, the unit was only changed for the Brits. This is a key thing to remember.

You may be wondering, what are all the things in the left pane? Anything with the suffix _D is that units graphics when it is dead and rooting. I would guess that "BCANN_D" is the graphics of a dead bombard cannon.

Some of the units are beta units. Like the Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen. Some beta units can't be moved, some don't even have any graphics, and those without graphics obviously can't be placed in the editor. The vdml can't attack, (it doesn't even have attacking frames) but you can unhide it and just order it to run around. If you wanna know what something is, uncheck the "hide from editor" box and place it in a scenario.

Additional advice:

To anyone that is trying to edit stats, don't just change the numbers, use logic. For example, say I think the Teutonic knight is too slow. I could check the movement value of the Woad Raider and change the Teutonic knights movement value to whatever movement value the Woad Raider had.

"I tried changing the Arbalest by giving it a ton of attack and fast speed,"

There is probably a certain value that you shouldn't go over. In the scn editor I gave a unit 999999 attack and it made the unit die.
Try comparing units and changing values based on that.

Also, before you change anything, select a civ from the drop down menu. Then when you test your changes be sure you are testing it with that same civ.

Remember whatever techs that the game applies to your unit will still be applied. For example, If I give the Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen a range of 0.000 , save that change, set the age for player one to post-imperial, and make sure player one is Brits, I will find that it has range. Why? Because of the Brits range bonus.

This is a game so have fun with it. Make whatever changes you want. Experiment. Share your results here. If you screw it up majorly, or if you just want to revert back to the original game data file, refer to step 2.

To me, the most interesting thing is to try and make a new unit, but one that actually balances and flow well in the game. I ended up with an archer that had splash damage, that fired relatively quickly, but I made the hp low so they died easy and that offset their attack speed. Plus, if an enemy unit goes in between a group of my special archers, the splash damage starts killing off my own archers.

You can give a melee unit range, but it still attacks with a melee type attack. You can take away an archer units range, but it still does an archer type attack. My Woad Raider with 2 range looks like he's using magical power. He stands away from the building, and moves his arms around, but the attack still damages the building.

Remember that attack bonuses still apply to the units you edit. For example, the rams attack may look low, but it does so much more damage than that vs buildings.

I would really like to be able to change armour and attack. Perhaps in future versions of this program we will be able to.

Please no comments about how the stats edit I did to the Advanced Heavy Crossbowmen isn't balanced. That wasn't the point; the point was to show people how to stats edit with this program.

You can't change the attack and armour values with this program. It just changes the value that�s displayed and not the actual attack and/or armour.

The official thread of the this stats editing program is located at:

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/...3&f=9,,,10&st=0

Many thanks to Ykkrosh for making this program!!

Please post any questions you have, in this thread. I will do my best to answer.

To moderator, please make this thread sticky.

P.S. The Phoenix Clan Stat Edit is done!

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=6775

Thanks to all those involved. I coded it but a lot of people were responsible for the ideas contained within. A special thanks to Phoenix-TheRealDeal.

Edit Note: I edited the topic to 'clean up' the spelling and punctuation and tweak formatting for readability a bit. I've also answered your question regarding build/construction times using more than one villager, under Construction time:, which see. ~Ken

This post has been edited by Phoenix-TheRealDeal on Jun 5 2004, 02:20 PM

Edit: Some people have been worried/concerned that Geniedit2 will lead to people cheating in multiplayer games. Well, let me answer this.

"Wait a minute, does the edited stats carry over to a multiplayer game? this could be the end of the game as we know it! The new most popular strat: Dark Age attack with 9999 hp villagers!" - King Bob VI

Relax. Both people have to have the dat file changed in that way. For example:

Say I make it so british villiagers built in 1 second and cost 5 food.

If I try to use that online it would disconnect me and the game would have errors.

But if we both had the dat file that made villiagers built fast and cost 5 food, then it would work.

Incidentally, there are already idiots on the zone who use programs that hack the game - to win quickly. This program doesn't do that.

If both people wanna play a game where the villiagers built in 1 sec and it costs 5 food, more power to them but they won't be able to use it to cheat.

Villiager Gather Rates:
I just discovered something very interesting. I know that we can make a villiager move faster. But I didn't know that would have such a big effect on sheeping.

The following is the test and the results:

Test 1:
3 villiagers eat one sheep. Normally, this takes 3 minutes and 1 second. Their movement speed is 0.800

Test 2:
3 villiagers eat one sheep. I've changed their movement speed to 3.000. It takes them 1 minute and 22 seconds to eat a sheep!

This proves that making a villiager move faster does give an economic boost.

The mineing test:

Test 1:
Villiager mines for 1 minute 90 seconds. Has standard movement rate of 0.800. Takes 42 from the gold pile and is left holding 2 gold.

Test 2:
Villiager mines for 1 minute 90 seconds. Has movement rate of 3.000. Takes 42 from the gold pile and is left holding 2 gold.

As you can see, there is absolutely no change when mineing. However, if the villiager was farther away from the mine (late game for example) it would be more efficient than the standard villiagers as it walks much faster from the gold to the mineing camp.

Also, if this test was longer, you would see more efficiency from the faster villiagers because it takes les time to go to the mine and drop stuff off then start mineing again.

The reason the change was so drastic with the sheep is that sheeps rot. But because of the faster moving villiager, not as much rotted (if any) and plus it was completely harvested faster. Meaning: changing a villiagers speed is most significant when hunting, eating sheep, and eating boar.

I changed something, but I don't remember what its stats were originally help!

Relax. To see what the units stats were originally, go to

http://www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?PostingId=479343

Click on one of the yellow folders corresponding to whatever unit you changed.

Where are the teutons in geniedit 2?

They are called "Germans".

Special thanks to scenario_t_c for the following information.

Projectile ID:

9 ARROW Arrow (OUTLW)
97 ARROW1 Arrow
322 ARROW10 Arrow
312 ARROW2 Arrow
315 ARROW3 Arrow
316 ARROW4 Arrow
317 ARROW5 Arrow
318 ARROW6 Arrow
319 ARROW7 Arrow
320 ARROW8 Arrow
321 ARROW9 Arrow
360 ARW_FLM Arrow (Digital?)
246 BOLTF AOE Scorpion Arrow
385 BOLTF1 AOE Scorpion Arrow
245 BOLTX Scorpion Arrow
381 BOLTXF AOE Scorpion Arrow
244 CATSF Fire ball
242 CATST Cannon Ball
323 CATST1 Cannon Ball
324 CATST2 Cannon Ball
325 CATST3 Cannon Ball
326 CATST4 Cannon Ball
327 CATST5 Cannon Ball
314 MANGST Cannon Ball
519 MFACA Arrow (Chemistry) (Arbalest)
520 MFAHX Spear (Chemistry) (Advanced Heavy Crossbowman)
466 MFARC Arrow (Chemistry) (Archer)
522 MFCKN Arrow (Chemistry) (Chukonu)
375 MFCOM Arrow (Chemistry) (Crossbowman)
376 MFCRS Spear (Chemistry) (Skirmisher)
747 MFCST Arrow (Chemistry) (Castle)
676 MFFFG Fire Ship Burner
470 MFGAL Scorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (War Galley)
517 MFGTW Arrow (Chemistry) (Guard Tower)
475 MFHAR Arrow (Chemistry) (Cavalry Archer)
377 MFHCS Spear (Chemistry) (Elite Skirmisher)
476 MFHHA Arrow (Chemistry) (Heavy Cavalry Archer)
628 MFHSB Scorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (Heavy Scorpion)
518 MFKEP Arrow (Chemistry) (Keep)
523 MFLBM Spear (Chemistry) (Longbow Man)
524 MFLBT Spear (Chemistry) (Longboat)
468 MFMAN Stone Ball (Chemistry) (Mangonel)
658 MFMNB Stone Ball (Chemistry) (Mangonel)
525 MFMPC Arrow (Chemistry)
526 MFMSU Fire Ball (Chemistry) (Siege Onager)
552 MFONG Fire Ball (Chemistry) (Onager)
378 MFSBL Scorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (Scorpion)
541 MFSGY Arrow (Chemistry) (Galley)
787 MFSTW Arrow (Chemistry) (Watch Tower)
469 MFTRB Stone Ball (Chemistry) (Trebuchet)
521 MFVIL Arrow (Chemistry) (Hunter)
328 MFVOL Arrow (Chemistry)
471 MFWGL Scorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (War Wagon)
516 MFWTN Arrow (Chemistry)
462 MNG_FLM Stone Ball (Digital?)
507 MRACA Arrow (Arbalest)
508 MRAHX Spear (Advanced Heavy Crossbowman)
363 MRARC Arrow (Archer)
368 MRBCN Cannon Ball (Bombard Cannon)
506 MRBTW Cannon Ball (Bombard Tower)
374 MRCGL Cannon Ball (Cannon Galleon)
767 MRCGX Cannon Ball (Turtle Ship)
510 MRCKN Arrow (Chukonu)
364 MRCOM Arrow (Crossbowman)
365 MRCRS Spear (Skirmisher)
746 MRCST Arrow (Castle)
537 MRFRG Arrow
372 MRGAL Scorpion Arrow (War Galley)
657 MRGP1 Cannon Ball (Shadow)
504 MRGTW Arrow (Guard Tower)
477 MRHAR Arrow (Cavalry Archer)
380 MRHCN Bullet (Hand Cannoneer)
366 MRHCS Spear (Elite Skirmisher)
538 MRHFG Arrow
478 MRHHA Arrow (Heavy Cavalry Archer)
627 MRHSB Scorpion Arrow (Heavy Scorpion)
505 MRKEP Arrow (Keep)
511 MRLBM Arrow (Longbow Man)
512 MRLBT Arrow (Longboat)
369 MRMAN Stone Ball (Mangonel)
736 MRMLK Knife (Mameluke)
656 MRMNB Stone Ball (Mangonel)
514 MRMPC Arrow
513 MRMSU Stone Ball (Siege Onager)
551 MRONG Stone Ball (Onager)
367 MRSBL Scorpion Arrow (Scorpion)
540 MRSGY Arrow (Galley)
786 MRSTW Arrow (Watch Tower)
515 MRTAX Axe (Throwing Axeman)
371 MRTRB Stone Ball (Trebuchet)
509 MRVIL Arrow (Hunter)
54 MRVOL Arrow
373 MRWGL Scorpion Arrow (War Wagon)
503 MRWTN Arrow
677 S_FIRE Fire Ship Burner

Geniedit2.1 Guide

Geniedit2.1 is the new version of geniedit. It offers new stats hacking opportunities while maintaining all the original features of Geniedit2. Now you can change the attack, the armour, and some attack bonuses.

I'm not going to go over any of the geniedit2 features as they are covered earlyer in this guide. This guide will cover the new features.

Civilisation: Not sure what this does.

Attack strengths:
The drop down menus control the type of attack(s). Immediately to their right is where you can enter the value of that attack.

Default Targets of Attack Strengths in GE2.1

1: Infantry

Aethelfirth, Attila the Hun, Berserk, Bleda the Hun, Champion, Charlemagne, Charles Martel, Eagle Warrior, El Cid, Elite Berserk, Elite Eagle Warrior, Elite Huskarl, Elite Jaguar Warrior, Elite Samurai, Elite Teutonic Knight, Elite Throwing AxeMan, Elite Woad Raider, Erik the Red, Halberdier, Hrolf the Gange, Huskarl, Jaguar Warrior, King Arthur, Kitabatake, Long Swordsman, Man-at-Arms, Militia, Minamoto, Nobunagam, Pikeman, Samurai, Sheriff of Nottingham, Siegfried, Spearman, Teutonic Knight, Theodoric the Goth, Throwing Axeman, Two-Handed Swordsman, Woad Raider

2: Turtle Ships

Elite Turtle Ship, Turtle Ship

3: Base Pierce

4: Base Melee

5: War Elephants

Elite War Elephant, War Elephant

6: None

7: None

8: Cavalry

Alexander Nevski, Belisarius, Cataphract, Cavalier, Cavalry Archer, Conquistador, Constable Richemont, Duke D'Alencon, El Cid Campeador, Elite Cataphract, Elite Conquistador, Elite Genitour, Elite Mameluke, Elite Mangudai, Elite Tarkan, Elite War Elephant, Elite War Wagon, FLDOG, Frankish Paladin, Gawain, Genghis Khan, Genitour, Guy Josselyne, Heavy Cavalry Archer, Henry V, Hussar, Joan of Arc, Joan the Maid, Knight, Kushluk, Lancelot, Light Cavalry, Light Cavalry, Mameluke, Mangudai, Master of Templar, Missionary, Mondred, Paladin, Reynald de Chatillon, Roland, Richard the Lionhearted, Scout Cavalry, Scythian Scout, Scythian Wild Woman, Sieur de Metz, Sir John Fastolf, Subotai, Tamerlane, Tarkan, The Black Prince, War Elephant, War Wagon, William the Conqueror

9: None

10: None

11: All Buildings (except Port)

Archery Range, Barracks, Blacksmith, Bombard Tower, Castle, Cathedral, Dock, Dome of the Rock, Farm, Fortified Wall, Gate, Great Pyramid, Guard Tower, House, Keep, Lumber Camp, Market, Mill, Mining Camp, Monastery, Outpost, Palisade Wall, Pavilion, Pyramid, Sea Gate, Sea Tower, Sea Wall, Siege Workshop, Stable, Stone Wall, The Accursed Tower, The Tower of Flies, Town Center, Trade Workshop, University, Watch Tower, Wonder, Yurt

12: None

13: Stone Defense

Bombard Tower, Fortified Wall, Gate, Guard Tower, Keep, Sea Tower, Stone Wall, The Accursed Tower, The Tower of Flies, Watch Tower

14: None

15: Archers

Arbalest, Archer, Archers of the Eyes, Cavalry Archer, Cho Ko Nu, Conquistador, Crossbowman, Elite Cho Ko Nu, Elite Conquistador, Elite Genitour, Elite Janissary, Elite Longbowman, Elite Mameluke, Elite Mangudai, Elite Plumed Archer, Elite Skirmisher, Elite War Wagon, Genghis Khan, Genitour, Hand Cannoneer, Heavy Cavalry Archer, Janissary, Longbowman, Lord de Graville, Mameluke, Mangudai, Plumed Archer, Robin Hood, Skirmisher, Subotai, Tamerlane, War Wagon

16: Ships & Camels & Saboteurs

ABGAL , Admiral Yi-Sunshin, BDGAL, Camel, Cannon Galleon, Demolition Ship, Elite Cannon Galleon, Elite Longboat, Elite Mameluke, Elite Turtle Ship, Fast Fire Ship, Fire Ship, Fishing Ship, Galleon, Galley, Heavy Camel, Heavy Demolition Ship, Longboat, Mameluke, Saboteur, Trade Cog, Transport Ship, Turtle Ship, War Galley

17: Rams

Battering Ram, Capped Ram, Siege Ram

18: Trees

Bamboo Forest Tree, Forest Tree, Jungle Tree, Oak Forest Tree, Palm Forest Tree, Pine Forest Tree, Snow Pine Tree, Tree A , Tree B , Tree C , Tree D , Tree E , Tree F , Tree G , Tree H , Tree I , Tree J , Tree K , Tree L , Tree TD

19: Unique Units (except Turtle Ship)

Aethelfirth, Belisarius, Berserk, Cataphract, Charlemagne, Cho Ko Nu, Conquistador, Elite Berserk, Elite Cataphract, Elite Cho Ko Nu, Elite Conquistador, Elite Huskarl, Elite Jaguar Warrior, Elite Janissary, Elite Longboat, Elite Longbowman, Elite Mameluke, Elite Mangudai, Elite Plumed Archer, Elite Samurai, Elite Tarkan, Elite Teutonic Knight, Elite Throwing AxeMan, Elite War Elephant, Elite War Wagon, Elite Woad Raider, Erik the Red, Genghis Khan, Huskarl, Jaguar Warrior, Janissary, Kitabatake, Longboat, Longbowman, Mangudai, Minamoto, Missionary, Nobunaga, Plumed Archer, Robin Hood, Samurai, Tamerlane, Tarkan, Teutonic Knight, Theodoric the Goth, Throwing Axeman, War Elephant, War Wagon, Woad Raider

20: Siege Weapons

Bad Neighbor, Bad Neighbor (Packed), Battering Ram, Bombard Cannon, Capped Ram, God's Own Sting, God's Own Sting (Packed), Heavy Scorpion, Mangonel, Onager, Scorpion, Siege Onager, Siege Ram, Trebuchet, Trebuchet (Packed)

21: Standard Buildings

Archery Range, Barracks, Blacksmith, Bombard Tower, Castle, Dock, Farm, Fortified Wall, Gate, Guard Tower, House, Keep, Lumber Camp, Market, Mill, Mining Camp, Monastery, Outpost, Palisade Wall, Sea Gate, Sea Tower, Sea Wall, Siege Workshop, Stable, Stone Wall, Town Center, University, Watch Tower, Wonder

22: Walls & Gates

Fortified Wall, Gate, Palisade Wall, Stone Wall

23: None

24: Boars

Iron Boar, Javelina, Wild Boar

25: Monks

Missionary, Monks

26: Castle

Castle

27: Spearmen

Halberdier, Pikeman, Spearman

28: Cavalry Archers

Cavalry Archer, Elite Mangudai, Heavy Cavalry Archer, Mangudai

29: Eagle Warriors

Eagle Warrior, Elite Eagle Warrior

30: None

Armour Strengths:

Base Pierce: protection from pierce type attacks

Base Melee: protection from melee type attacks

Buildings: standard building type armour

Genied2.1 has a little bug for the armour strengths in AOK:TC. Base Melee 4 means Pierce Armor in AOK:TC, while 5 means Melee.

All the other armour types are unknown. Unknown means I don't know what they do.

About GeniED2.1's Attack type and Armor Type

I just occured to find their relationships as the following. If you want to make an attack type affect unit X, just give unit X a corresponding armour type. (remember to decrease 1 for the armour type)

For example, since the elephant has 5 types of armour type (4,5,6,9,20), it will receive attack of type 3,4,5,8 and 19.

EDIT: Theoretically, if a unit has no armour strength, he basically won't get damage higher than 1 as no attack strength is working on him......

More information on Giving a Unit An Attack Bonus:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35751,0,all

Search for unit: Type in the name of the unit you are searching for.

There are two new options under the Tools menu:

Auto copy to all civs: Automatically (after editing any unit) copy the stats of the selected unit into the corresponding unit in every civ.

Unhide all from editor: Remove the "hide from editor" option from every unit in every civ.

There is also some interesting information under the Help menu.

Geniedit2.1
http://games.build-a.com/swgb/files/GeniEd2_1.exe

Many thanks to Ykkrosh!! Rock on!

There is lots of progress in other types of stats editing:

Adding a Completely New Unit:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35865,0,all

Technology-Editing Notes
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35712,0,10

Stats Editing Questions
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35709,0,10

Smallish Guide to Techs
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35704,0,10

Unit-stat edited without Changing *.DAT(GeniED2)
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,34981,,all

Finally...prepare to garrison!
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35757,,10
http://forums.heavengames.com/tsunamistudios/cgi-bin/display.cgi?action=ct&f=2,510,0,365

There is a NEW VERSION of Geniedit2.1!! It is Geniedit2.1 Enhanced. It was made by scenario_t_c. There are lots more stats editing possibilities. Check out the following link.

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=9&tn=35862&f=9,,,10&st=40

How To Install Geniedit2.1 Enhanced

1. Download and install geniedit2.1

Geniedit2.1
http://games.build-a.com/swgb/files/GeniEd2_1.exe

2. Download and unzip

http://gesneo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/geniedstc.zip

That is scenario_t_c's Geniedit2.1 Enhanced version

3. Place the .exe file (the one you got in step 2 after unzipping) in the folder

C:\Program Files\GeniEd2

It will say there is already a file by that name, and ask if you want to replace it. Click "yes."

4. Double click on that .exe that you just place in step 3. Now you are in scenario_t_c's Geniedit2.1 Enhanced version.

NOTE: If you have already done step one - that is if you have Geniedit2.1 by Ykkrosh installed - start at step 2.

Some people have other questions. Can I make a new civ?
With Geniedit2 no you can't. HOWEVER, if you would like to try hex editing to try and find out how to change more things - things geniedit2 doesn't change - the following information will be helpful to you.

Hex Editing Resources:

Doing edits that aren't possible in geniedit2/geniedit2.1 are NOT easy if you aren't experienced in hex editing. Its not as simple as "click here" or "oh select this menu."

A good place to start is learn what hex numbers are.

"hex editor is a program which allows you to edit compiled programs and binary data-files.

These editors are called hex editors because they most often present data in hexadecimal format. Hexadecimal is used because it is easier for most humans than working in binary. In addition, hexadecimal is frequently useful because computers tend to work with 8-bit bytes of information and because ASCII is an 8-bit code."

Source:
http://www.tech-faq.com/hex-editor.shtml

You must understand hexidecimal.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci212247,00.html

http://download.cdsoft.co.uk/tutorials/hexadecimal/

http://www.math.ohiou.edu/~just/hex.htm
- have to copy and paste this into your browers address bar. Its the best tutorial I found.

Once you understand the hexidecimal numbering system, then you need to find the values for what you want to edit.

Each unit, object, building, etc in the game has an identifyer string. Find the string for whatever you want to edit and the information you want should be near that string.

Here's a link to the Unit Constants list.
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=5810&ci=70ba1fca9b76fbe3a9c636b7f701c8deImKW4oSsO vx+gqaODjj9cN0tfKBQnw98VrHznjNXinuJEtI4BYDrGXV7z3YDWcDyyoqT6 W ojYYLyqjhS11mbioH3+67TM58ZtWMuVjrVTULtHvES7/utIu3soLba8DzJGQ = =

Which is basicly how the game engine identifies a unit. Or any other object/building/technology in the game.

Question:
Is there any way to make hero units (i.e. El Cid, William Wallace) buildable in the game?

Answer:
You could hex edit, (refer to scenario_t_c's threads). Or Make a scenario and place whatever units you wanted in it. However, the following is the method I use.

Here's a mod I made.

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=7130

Soon as you build a monk it will die and be replaced by a hero unit. Every civ has a different hero. Monasterys have more hitpoints. Because monks turn into heros, I have made monks cost more. Please let me know what you think of this mod. Have fun!

Here's how I did that.

I wanted hero's to be able to build in the game. This doesn't effect the game balance in any age where you can't built monestarys. Plus, the cost i've set per hero (350 food 50 gold)means a person won't be able to mass them easily. Add to that the creation speed of monks. So, it doesn't kill the balance.

How I did this was, change the monks dead unit id to a hero's living unit id. Also, the monk was given a negative number for health. So, monk gets created, steps out of monestary and the game engine thinks "wait he has negative health, he's dead." The monk dies. His dead unit id then kicks in which happens to be the id of a living hero.

In this way, you can replace any game unit (thats buildable) with a hero unit. You can do this on a per civ basis.

For example, select civ "spanish" and do this so a spanish monk turns into el cid.

Now select civ "celts" and do it so a celtic monk turns into william wallace. Etc.

You can do this trick with any unit, it doesn't have to be a monk.

Here's another interesting trick:

If you change the dead id of a projectile (for example an arrow), when it hits its target it will turn into whatever you changed its dead unit it to. So, arbalast fires an arrow at a knight, the arrow arrives and turns into a unit. This unit functions normally.

Some more fun tricks:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,35592,,all

Question:
Can a unit have more than one attack? For example, could a unit have a ranged attack and a close up attack?

Answer:
Yes. Its a bit complicated though. Here's some more information:

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,37588,,10

Can I edit the ammount of frames a unit has?

Yes. You can do that and much more. You can even add new graphic slots! Check out:

http://www.tsuniversity.com/articleloader.php?199
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,36823,,all
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,35735,0,10
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,36823,0,20
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=9&tn=36396&f=9,36396,0,0&st=0

Can I disable a unit so that it can't be built?

Yes, and its easy! In my example, i'll block the Aztec militia.

In geniedit2.1 enhanced, select the civ Aztecs. Select "militia." Scroll down to where it reads:

training building: 12
train button slot: 1

Change that to

training building: -1
train button slot: 0

Then save. Wait about 12 seconds, then exit the program.

I tested this edit and no icon shows up, not even a hotkey. It completely prevents the unit from being created. I believe this trick can be used to block any unit.

Note that this only blocks the aztec militia from being created. All the other civs can still create militia. If you want to block it from being created by any civ, you need to do what I did, but for each civ. For example, for the teutons, mayans, celts, etc.

The Original Stats Editing Guide

So, you wanna hack some stats? This guide will show you, step by step how to do just that. Stats hacking is changing the statistics of a unit. For example, changing a units attack, armour, ect. You may say,"But I can already do that in the scenario editor." Yes, with triggers you can change a units attack, but imagine having the attack changed automatically just by replacing the current empires2_x1_p1.dat file.

(NOTE: The following information is for editing the stats of AOKTC. I have never edited the stats for AOK)

Its probably possible to change more than just the aforementioned variables, but how is as of yet unknown to me.
First, you will need a few programs:

http://www.digitization.org/download/zlibnoh.rar
-DiGiT's compression and decompression programs

(NOTE: If your unziping program doesn't unzip *.rar files then go to

http://www.zipgenius.it/index_eng.htm

Download and install Zip Genious. )

http://artemis.wszib.edu.pl/~mdudek/
- Download and install hex_setup.exe

http://www.xeon.ws/aoe2/
- Download the files "jaguar warrior.doc" and "longbow.doc"
-credit goes to mlade77 for making these files.

NOTE: Those files are no longer avaliable for download from that site. But I will leave this guide to show the process one would follow to edit stats manually.

Anyone have the "jaguar warrior.doc" and "longbow.doc" files? If so get in contact with me so they can be uploaded to the blacksmith. Thanks.

Ok, now for the step by step instructions.

1. Open the My Documents folder

2. Create a folder called AOKTC Backup

3. Go to

4. Copy the file "empires2_x1_p1.dat" to the AOKTC Backup folder
(Be sure that the AOKTC program isn't running before you do this)

5. Double left click on the My Computer icon

6. Double left click on [C:]

7. Right click once in the open white space

8. Select "New" then "folder"

9. Call the folder "Mydoc1" (Don't use the " marks)

10. Enter the Mydoc1 folder and create a folder called aoktc

So, the path there should be
C:\Mydoc1\aoktc

11. Put both of DiGiT's programs -and the *.dll - into the aoktc folder
(NOTE: You get these 3 files after you unzip the *.rar file. Also note that you must have the folder option to "show all files" selected so that you can see the file zlib1.dll)

Three files should now be in the aoktc folder:

zlib1.dll
compr.exe
uncompr.exe

12. Copy the file "empires2_x1_p1.dat" from the AOKTC Backup folder to

Four files should now be in the aoktc folder:

zlib1.dll
compr.exe
uncompr.exe
empires2_x1_p1.dat

13. Put both of the *.doc files ("jaguar warrior.doc" and "longbow.doc") into C:\Mydoc1

14. Exit the C:\Mydoc1\aoktc folder

15. Click on "Start" the select "Run..."

Paste in the following line:

C:\Mydoc1\aoktc\uncompr.exe empires2_x1_p1.dat empires2_x1_p1.hex

16. Click "Ok"

17. Wait a while(about 2 minutes). A black dos box might pop up. After a bit it will close. Don't do anything until after it closes.

18. Go to

Look to see if there is a file called empires2_x1.hex

19. Open Hexplorer

20. Select "File" then "Open" look in

the C:\Mydoc1\aoktc folder for a file called empires2_x1_p1.hex

21. After you select the empires2_x1_p1.hex file, click "Open"

22. After the file loads, click on "Edit" then select "Find"

23. To the right of where it sats "Text" type

JAGUAR

Then click "Find"

24. Click on the small black downward pointing triangle and scroll it down a little bit so that the green highlighted text goes up a bit, but still stays on screen.

25. Go to

C:\Mydoc1

and open the jaguar warrior.doc file

26. Notice the 2 blue 0A values

27. Open a notepad file and type

0D

28. Select the 0D and click "Copy"

29. In Hexexplorer click on the 0A that is in the exact same position as the blue 0A that's in the top of the jaguar warrior.doc file

30. Right click and select "Paste external text" slide the mouse over to
"As hex numbers" and select that

31. In Hexplorer click on the 0A that is in the exact same position as the blue 0A that's toward the bottom of the jaguar warrior.doc file

32. Right click and select "Paste external text" slide the mouse over to

33. Select "File" then "Save"

34. Exit the Hexplorer program

35. Exit the C:\Mydoc1\aoktc folder

36. Exit the jaguar warrior.doc file

37. Click on "Start" the select "Run..."

C:\Mydoc1\aoktc\compr.exe empires2_x1_p1.hex empires2_x1_p1.dat

38. Click "Ok"

39. Wait a while(about 2 minutes). A black dos box might pop up. After a bit it will close. Don't do anything until after it closes.

40. Go to

Look to see if there is a file called empires2_x1_p1.dat

41. Move the empires2_x1_p1.dat file from

to

It will say, "This folder already contains a file named 'empires2_x1_p1.dat'.

Would you like to replace the existing file"

And it goes on to list file details.

42. Click "Yes"

43. Exit that folder

44. Start up aoktc and when you use the Jaguar Warrior note that its attack is higher than normal.

You might wonder, what is "0D"? Its a hex value. The file is in hex numbers not the decimal numbers that you are used to. For more information on hex check out

http://www.codeproject.com/tips/binhex.asp

The following is some more info you might find useful.

"Longbow and Elite Longbow was repeated two times in segment. I change and second place and the Upgrades are worked. So... for now we have Attack, PA, and Cost, but I needed to change Armor of Longbow. That was a problem... BIG PROBLEM, because the diference between Longbow and Elite Longbow in Armor is 0. How can you find what is the diference between 0 in 0? I decide to get segment of any other special unit and that was a Jaguar warrior. He have deference in Armor 1 to 2 dependant on Elite or Normal.
So I found that, stats of Jaguar Warrior is placed on the same ofsets as a Longbow. I found missing piece/ARMOR/ in Longbow at Jaguar.

Second Attack is at offset +0x46 from first.
Armor is at offset +0x0D and +0x44 from Attack
P_Armor is at offset +0x12 and +0x8F from Attack
Range is at offset +0x1C and +0x4A from Attack
The offset for first Attack is not defined because I don't have base for it. You must find it.

So... really I don't have time to write description of .DAT file. Based on this and these two .doc files, everyone must do little work/think to change him favourite special UNITs.

Special Thanks to:
Shadowflare - who started discussion
DIGIT - who created and post link to ZLIBNOH
Crypto - my friend who made first step
my mother - who born me such HERO ))
other people - for comment and suggestion

bye bye...
p.s. In Multi-Player you must change .DAT file on every comp." - mlade77

It might also help you to read "the stats problem" thread, page 23. Also, read all the posts by mlade77 and DiGiT.

You will also want to download the Constants list.

Here's a link to the Unit Constants list.
http://aok.heavengames.com/downloads/utilities/descpages/454.shtml

Which is basicly how the game engine identifies a unit. Or any other object/building/technology in the game.

Special thanks to:

Shadowflare - who racked his brain and really committed himself to solving the stats.

DiGiT - for his great work in making the compression and decompression programs, and his helpfulness.

mlade77 - for the *.docs, really solving the stats puzzle and his helpfulness.

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 08-01-2007 @ 09:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-06-04 01:58 PM CT (US)     1 / 65  
qaz123tfg, nice guide!

In supplement, some buildings(like wonders and monuments) have cost 3.

posted 06-06-04 10:13 PM CT (US)     2 / 65  
aye, that's quite good.

Shadowflare
Rationalization is a tranquilizer. Quit the dose and awaken.
Whisper | Forum | Profile | MIDRAID | Store
shadowflare.w@gmail.com
posted 06-07-04 02:37 AM CT (US)     3 / 65  
Well done. This will be useful to alot of people.
posted 06-07-04 03:33 AM CT (US)     4 / 65  
Hi!

IMO this should be stickied.

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
posted 06-09-04 02:52 AM CT (US)     5 / 65  
Ummm... I've just downloaded the c_patch and now my GeniEd alterations don't seem to have any effect. Does this work with c_patch?
posted 06-09-04 06:42 AM CT (US)     6 / 65  
With the 1.0c patch the empires2_x1_p1.dat will be replaced with the updated one. Because that you're changes aren't avaible then more PaulC2001.

~~~Member and Admin at DGDN~~~
Beta Asian Monastery Mod 4.5 | Old Stone 4.5 | Sacred Entrance Mod 5.0 | Stonehenge Mod 4.5 | Weapon Stack Mod 4.5
Battle of Mayapan 4.0 | The Paladin of Destiny 4.2
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
posted 06-09-04 03:39 PM CT (US)     7 / 65  

Quote:

But in a way it lowers your archers attack per unit. For example, say your archer has an attack of 15. Say, 3 enemy jaguar warriors (side by side) advance toward your archer. Each of them will lose 5 points (15 divided by 3) per shot your archer makes. Because the damage is spread over the area of attack.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. An Onager that fires into a group of Archers will kill all the Archers instead of dividing the damage. It's just that the damage decreases the farther away the unit is from the exact point of attack.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 06-09-04 05:32 PM CT (US)     8 / 65  
Well, you've answered a few of my questions! THANX.

Mmmmm... Pie.
posted 06-09-04 11:41 PM CT (US)     9 / 65  
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. An Onager that fires into a group of Archers will kill all the Archers instead of dividing the damage. It's just that the damage decreases the farther away the unit is from the exact point of attack."

Perhaps thats becuase it starts with such a high attack (75 I think) so it doesnt divide down as quickly as say an archer with an 8 attack. I let it fire one shot, it damaged 3 or so jaguar warriors by taking off like 3 or 5 points of eahc of them soemthing like that.

and jaGs have no pierce armour so that didnt defend them.

Is there any tables (perhaps at MFO) or anywhere else that could settle this question?

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 06-11-2004 @ 00:44 AM).]

posted 06-11-04 10:09 PM CT (US)     10 / 65  
Nice guid qaz.

This is probably a very stupid question, but do the effects of GeniEd show while playing Random Map games on the Zone? Can a player edit the stats of a paladin such that the paladins that he trains in the game have more HPs, better attack and higher speed?

I sure hope not..

Again, sorry if this is a newbish question, I don't know much about GeniEd.

Helmet_Olsomn2
The Library.:.Age of Civilizations
"So I had a choice, either take the word of a madman, or defend America." - President Bush
"Most look up and admire the stars. A champion climbs a mountain and grabs one."

[This message has been edited by Helmet_Olsonm2 (edited 06-11-2004 @ 10:11 PM).]

posted 06-12-04 04:00 AM CT (US)     11 / 65  
Helmet_Olsonm2,

Refer to the last part of my stats editing guide (I just added it in tonight, saw this same type of question a few times already.)

posted 06-12-04 07:33 PM CT (US)     12 / 65  
Well, this is the best thing since... since AoC!!!! I love it!

Mmmmm... Pie.
posted 06-13-04 02:29 AM CT (US)     13 / 65  

Quote:

Side note: I once set a rams garrison value to 20 and loaded it full. That ram was speedy. Hehe. Just for fun.

I think the highest garrison value is 127, or 107, or 109...something like that. I've gotten a speed of 200 to work before. If you put in an invalid number, I think it tells you.
Nice guide, but about half of the stuff in there didn't need to be said.

Quote:

The amount of either pierce armour or melee armour (I'm not sure which) that is displayed when you select a unit. This does NOT change the actual armour.

I believe it's pierce.

Quote:

Projectile unit id: This number determines which projectile graphic is shown. (Notice all the entries in the left panel for "Arrow" followed by a number.)

Just a note, but I don't think you should try making objects shoot actual unit numbers.

Quote:

You can give a melee unit range, but it still attacks with a melee type attack. You can take away an archer units range, but it still does an archer type attack. My Woad Raider with 2 range looks like he's using magical power. He stands away from the building, and moves his arms around, but the attack still damages the building.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but siege onagers' first attack does not change. If you give them a cannonball projectile unit id, they will shoot both the rocks and the cannonball, but the cannonball will be doing the damage.

Quote:

To me, the most interesting thing is to try and make a new unit, but one that actually balances and flow well in the game. I ended up with an archer that had splash damage, that fired relatively quickly, but I made the hp low so they died easy and that offset their attack speed. Plus, if an enemy unit goes in between a group of my special archers, the splash damage starts killing off my own archers.

Yeah, that's the disadvantage of giving area damage to units that aren't supposed to have it. Units like this are best used by themselves, not in formation, since they'd be killing each other just as much as their enemies would.

[This thread has been improved by Sir Wiedreich (improved 05-13-2654 @ 05:34 AM).]
posted 06-13-04 04:26 PM CT (US)     14 / 65  
anyone know what the beta lancer is called in GeniEd? I'm sure it's in there, and it seems to be a really cool and complete unit.

hello all
posted 06-13-04 05:36 PM CT (US)     15 / 65  

Hmm you mean the thing in mps that loks like a knight only it has a lance and its black? Not sure what that is called.

"Nice guide, but about half of the stuff in there didn't need to be said."

I write my guides step by step so they're very easy to understand. I realize some people don't need that much help, but i'm sure that some do.

posted 06-14-04 07:53 AM CT (US)     16 / 65  
SWGB Duraaroumer is the AOK equivulent of peirce armour. You can change mellee units to range by giving them a range and a projectile id and you can change ranged units to mellee by taking away there range and by putting a -1 in there projectile id (I think its a -1 if not try 0).
posted 06-15-04 08:42 PM CT (US)     17 / 65  
does it work in multiplayer?
posted 06-15-04 08:51 PM CT (US)     18 / 65  
No, cheater.

Mace
posted 06-16-04 01:22 AM CT (US)     19 / 65  
hm.. so attack and armour cannot be changed except what is DISPLAYED?

Breaking Banner: Boy Boxer Breaks Boxwood Boxes Brimmed
with Boxers in Busy Bay Bilge.
posted 06-16-04 10:20 AM CT (US)     20 / 65  
Because they are in a complex type/value pair format, right now it's currently impossible.

*Persuades Ykkrosh to figure it out* >_>

Mace
posted 06-16-04 07:48 PM CT (US)     21 / 65  
"does it work in multiplayer?"

Read the last part of the guide...

"Because they are in a complex type/value pair format, right now it's currently impossible."

It really isn't complex. When we first started editing the stats a guy called Mlade77 wrote some word docs on what to change. He also figured out the offsets...i.e. where the changes need to be made via their distance from the unit identifyer string. That's my understanding of it.

I too hope Ykkrosh figures it out.

posted 06-18-04 05:41 PM CT (US)     22 / 65  
Seems possible to that you can make up units,just copy a unit language.dll or somethin' and paste it where the others are, then go on Genied2 and make your unit or something.

If you know how to MAKE UP units,tell me

Thank you, Lord Lavoie

posted 06-18-04 10:40 PM CT (US)     23 / 65  
"Seems possible to that you can make up units,just copy a unit language.dll or somethin' and paste it where the others are, then go on Genied2 and make your unit or something.
If you know how to MAKE UP units,tell me

Thank you, Lord Lavoie"

What do you mean by "make up units" ? You can obviously change a units stats - a unit that is currently in the game i.e. pikeman - or a unit that is curently not in the game - a vdml, or a advanced heavy crossbowmen, ect

If you mean to make a completely new unit well... Theoretically, this could work.

a) add some new entrys in the dat file for the units attacking, dying, idle, walking, and decaying frames.

b) find out how the game makes certain units builtable from the barracks or the archery building...

c) apply that info to your new unit so it builts from one of those buildings...

d) in mps add graphics to your unit.

e) add an entry in the language dll for your unit...

No one has actually done this but if you wanna research it and try to, please share your results. I'd recommend using digits decompression and compression programs.

An alternative is i've heard there are like 19 blank slots in the dat file for units...you could use one of those to add stats and graphics to and make a new unit.

Good luck. I believe it can be done.

posted 06-19-04 06:25 PM CT (US)     24 / 65  
qaz123tfg exelent guide and work, you and Ykkrosh are great.

So I want to ask you something. In program I try to find how to change a work rate of villagers on each CIV but I don't find it. So Mongols hunters work 50% faster I compare Mongols hunters with others and I see no changes? Why?

bye bye..

posted 06-19-04 09:58 PM CT (US)     25 / 65  
"So I want to ask you something. In program I try to find how to change a work rate of villagers on each CIV but I don't find it. So Mongols hunters work 50% faster I compare Mongols hunters with others and I see no changes? Why?"

Genie Edit will not edit any unique techs. The mongol hunting bonus is a unique tech.

The way the game works is, every unit has basic statistics, but depending on which civilization you pick, then the bonuses are added.

For example, all celtic infantry move faster. That isn't in genie edit, its a unique tech that goes with their civilisation.

However, if you increase the movement speed of a villiager, it will become more efficient.

I hope that unique techs are able to be changed in the next version of genie edit.

[This message has been edited by qaz123tfg (edited 06-19-2004 @ 10:00 PM).]

posted 06-23-04 09:39 PM CT (US)     26 / 65  
Thank you, qaz123tfg, I could use my dad,who is a computer expert,and AoKHeaven could make cool units to download.Can't wait till someone actually tries it!
I had ideas of making Teutonic knights on HORSES,Make new Resource units and SIEGE TOWERS,which are moving towers.

Thank YYYYOOOOOOOOUU!!!

--<>--<>--<x>--[#]Lord Lavoie[#]--<x>--<>--<>--
posted 07-04-04 03:50 PM CT (US)     27 / 65  
Lord Lavoie,

The following is some information which will be very helpful to you when editing the dat file. The important part for your purposes will be to recognise (and use) the 2 programs that decompress and compress the dat file. Also, the hex editor is very important.

So, you wanna hack some stats? This guide will show you, step by step how to do just that. Stats hacking is changing the statistics of a unit. For example, changing a units attack, armour, ect. You may say,"But I can already do that in the scenario editor." Yes, with triggers you can change a units attack, but imagine having the attack changed automatically just by replacing the current empires2_x1.dat file.

(NOTE: The following information is for editing the stats of AOKTC. I have never edited the stats for AOK)

Its probably possible to change more than just the aforementioned variables, but how is as of yet unknown to me.
First, you will need a few programs:

http://digit.co.nr/download/zlibnoh.rar.
-DiGiT's compression and decompression programs

(NOTE: If your unziping program doesn't unzip *.rar files then go to

http://www.zipgenius.it/index_eng.htm

Download and install Zip Genious. )

http://artemis.wszib.edu.pl/~mdudek/
- Download and install hex_setup.exe

http://www.xeon.ws/aoe2/
- Download the files "jaguar warrior.doc" and "longbow.doc"
-credit goes to mlade77 for making these files.

Ok, now for the step by step instructions.

1. Open the My Documents folder

2. Create a folder called AOKTC Backup

3. Go to

4. Copy the file "empires2_x1.dat" to the AOKTC Backup folder
(Be sure that the AOKTC program isn't running before you do this)

5. Double left click on the My Computer icon

6. Double left click on [C:]

7. Right click once in the open white space

8. Select "New" then "folder"

9. Call the folder "Mydoc1" (Don't use the " marks)

10. Enter the Mydoc1 folder and create a folder called aoktc

So, the path there should be

11. Put both of DiGiT's programs -and the *.dll - into the aoktc folder
(NOTE: You get these 3 files after you unzip the *.rar file. Also note that you must have the folder option to "show all files" selected so that you can see the file zlib1.dll)

Three files should now be in the aoktc folder:

zlib1.dll
compr.exe
uncompr.exe

12. Copy the file "empires2_x1.dat" from the AOKTC Backup folder to

Four files should now be in the aoktc folder:

zlib1.dll
compr.exe
uncompr.exe
empires2_x1.dat

13. Put both of the *.doc files ("jaguar warrior.doc" and "longbow.doc") into C:\Mydoc1

14. Exit the C:\Mydoc1\aoktc folder

15. Click on "Start" the select "Run..."

C:\Mydoc1\aoktc\uncompr.exe empires2_x1.dat empires2_x1.hex

16. Click "Ok"

17. Wait a while(about 2 minutes). A black dos box might pop up. After a bit it will close. Don't do anything until after it closes.

18. Go to

Look to see if there is a file called empires2_x1.hex

19. Open Hexplorer

20. Select "File" then "Open" look in

the C:\Mydoc1\aoktc folder for a file called empires2_x1.hex

21. After you select the empires2_x1.hex file, click "Open"

22. After the file loads, click on "Edit" then select "Find"

23. To the right of where it sats "Text" type

JAGUAR

Then click "Find"

24. Click on the small black downward pointing triangle and scroll it down a little bit so that the green highlighted text goes up a bit, but still stays on screen.

25. Go to

C:\Mydoc1

and open the jaguar warrior.doc file

26. Notice the 2 blue 0A values

27. Open a notepad file and type

0D

28. Select the 0D and click "Copy"

29. In Hexexplorer click on the 0A that is in the exact same position as the blue 0A that's in the top of the jaguar warrior.doc file

30. Right click and select "Paste external text" slide the mouse over to

31. In Hexplorer click on the 0A that is in the exact same position as the blue 0A that's toward the bottom of the jaguar warrior.doc file

32. Right click and select "Paste external text" slide the mouse over to

33. Select "File" then "Save"

34. Exit the Hexplorer program

35. Exit the C:\Mydoc1\aoktc folder

36. Exit the jaguar warrior.doc file

37. Click on "Start" the select "Run..."

C:\Mydoc1\aoktc\compr.exe empires2_x1.hex empires2_x1.dat

38. Click "Ok"

39. Wait a while(about 2 minutes). A black dos box might pop up. After a bit it will close. Don't do anything until after it closes.

40. Go to

Look to see if there is a file called empires2_x1.dat

41. Move the empires2_x1.dat file from

to

It will say, "This folder already contains a file named 'empires2_x1.dat'.

Would you like to replace the existing file"

And it goes on to list file details.

42. Click "Yes"

43. Exit that folder

44. Start up aoktc and when you use the Jaguar Warrior note that its attack is higher than normal.

You might wonder, what is "0D"? Its a hex value. The file is in hex numbers not the decimal numbers that you are used to. For more information on hex check out

http://www.codeproject.com/tips/binhex.asp

The following is some more info you might find useful.

"Longbow and Elite Longbow was repeated two times in segment. I change and second place and the Upgrades are worked. So... for now we have Attack, PA, and Cost, but I needed to change Armor of Longbow. That was a problem... BIG PROBLEM, because the diference between Longbow and Elite Longbow in Armor is 0. How can you find what is the diference between 0 in 0? I decide to get segment of any other special unit and that was a Jaguar warrior. He have deference in Armor 1 to 2 dependant on Elite or Normal.
So I found that, stats of Jaguar Warrior is placed on the same ofsets as a Longbow. I found missing piece/ARMOR/ in Longbow at Jaguar.

Second Attack is at offset +0x46 from first.
Armor is at offset +0x0D and +0x44 from Attack
P_Armor is at offset +0x12 and +0x8F from Attack
Range is at offset +0x1C and +0x4A from Attack
The offset for first Attack is not defined because I don't have base for it. You must find it.

So... really I don't have time to write description of .DAT file. Based on this and these two .doc files, everyone must do little work/think to change him favourite special UNITs.

Special Thanks to:
Shadowflare - who started discussion
DIGIT - who created and post link to ZLIBNOH
Crypto - my friend who made first step
my mother - who born me such HERO ))
other people - for comment and suggestion

bye bye...
p.s. In Multi-Player you must change .DAT file on every comp." - mlade77

It might also help you to read "the stats problem" thread, page 23. Also, read all the posts by mlade77 and DiGiT.

Special thanks to:

Shadowflare - who racked his brain and really committed himself to solving the stats.

DiGiT - for his great work in making the compression and decompression programs, and his helpfulness.

mlade77 - for the *.docs, really solving the stats puzzle and his helpfulness.

posted 07-09-04 06:22 PM CT (US)     28 / 65  
posted 07-15-04 05:49 PM CT (US)     29 / 65  

Quote:

I would really like to be able to change armour and attack. Perhaps in future versions of this program we will be able to.

I could have sworn that I was able to change attack and armor with that program.

[EDIT: Yeah. It does work. Armour (displayed) changes armor, Dura-armour changes pierce armor, and Attack changes attack. I got an Elite Tarkan to have 80/99 armor, 30 Attack, and 900 HP (actually 920 HP, with the Bloodlines researched).]

>>>>>Emperor Michael<<<<<
Current Project(s):
A Viking's Saga (Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expainsion Campaign - 9%)
The Streets of Constantinople (Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion Campaign - 3%)
The Curse of the Ghost Ship (Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion Campaign - 1%)

[This message has been edited by Emperor Michael (edited 07-15-2004 @ 05:55 PM).]

posted 07-18-04 06:13 PM CT (US)     30 / 65  

Just so that no one gets confused ...

"Did I mention that you can edit attack, pierce armor, and armor?" - Emperor Michael

"You just did. Unfortunately, you are entirely wrong. With Geniedit2 those edits are impossible."

"Armour (displayed): The amount of either pierce armour or melee armour (i'm not sure which) that is displayed when you select a unit. This does NOT change the actual armour.

Attack (displayed): The amount of attack that's displayed when you select a unit. This does NOT change the actual attack." - me

"Hmm. That explains why my supped up Nazgul sucked..." - Emperor Michael

This has been a public service announcement.

posted 07-19-04 01:49 AM CT (US)     31 / 65  
Projectile ID:

9ARROWArrow (OUTLW)
97ARROW1Arrow
322ARROW10Arrow
312ARROW2Arrow
315ARROW3Arrow
316ARROW4Arrow
317ARROW5Arrow
318ARROW6Arrow
319ARROW7Arrow
320ARROW8Arrow
321ARROW9Arrow
360ARW_FLMArrow (Digital?)
246BOLTFAOE Scorpion Arrow
385BOLTF1AOE Scorpion Arrow
245BOLTXScorpion Arrow
381BOLTXFAOE Scorpion Arrow
244CATSFFire ball
242CATSTCannon Ball
323CATST1Cannon Ball
324CATST2Cannon Ball
325CATST3Cannon Ball
326CATST4Cannon Ball
327CATST5Cannon Ball
314MANGSTCannon Ball
519MFACAArrow (Chemistry) (Arbalest)
520MFAHXSpear (Chemistry) (Advanced Heavy Crossbowman)
466MFARCArrow (Chemistry) (Archer)
522MFCKNArrow (Chemistry) (Chukonu)
375MFCOMArrow (Chemistry) (Crossbowman)
376MFCRSSpear (Chemistry) (Skirmisher)
747MFCSTArrow (Chemistry) (Castle)
676MFFFGFire Ship Burner
470MFGALScorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (War Galley)
517MFGTWArrow (Chemistry) (Guard Tower)
475MFHARArrow (Chemistry) (Cavalry Archer)
377MFHCSSpear (Chemistry) (Elite Skirmisher)
476MFHHAArrow (Chemistry) (Heavy Cavalry Archer)
628MFHSBScorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (Heavy Scorpion)
518MFKEPArrow (Chemistry) (Keep)
523MFLBMSpear (Chemistry) (Longbow Man)
524MFLBTSpear (Chemistry) (Longboat)
468MFMANStone Ball (Chemistry) (Mangonel)
658MFMNBStone Ball (Chemistry) (Mangonel)
525MFMPCArrow (Chemistry)
526MFMSUFire Ball (Chemistry) (Siege Onager)
552MFONGFire Ball (Chemistry) (Onager)
378MFSBLScorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (Scorpion)
541MFSGYArrow (Chemistry) (Galley)
787MFSTWArrow (Chemistry) (Watch Tower)
469MFTRBStone Ball (Chemistry) (Trebuchet)
521MFVILArrow (Chemistry) (Hunter)
328MFVOLArrow (Chemistry)
471MFWGLScorpion Arrow (Chemistry) (War Wagon)
516MFWTNArrow (Chemistry)
462MNG_FLMStone Ball (Digital?)
507MRACAArrow (Arbalest)
508MRAHXSpear (Advanced Heavy Crossbowman)
363MRARCArrow (Archer)
368MRBCNCannon Ball (Bombard Cannon)
506MRBTWCannon Ball (Bombard Tower)
374MRCGLCannon Ball (Cannon Galleon)
767MRCGXCannon Ball (Turtle Ship)
510MRCKNArrow (Chukonu)
364MRCOMArrow (Crossbowman)
365MRCRSSpear (Skirmisher)
746MRCSTArrow (Castle)
537MRFRGArrow
372MRGALScorpion Arrow (War Galley)
657MRGP1Cannon Ball (Shadow)
504MRGTWArrow (Guard Tower)
477MRHARArrow (Cavalry Archer)
380MRHCNBullet (Hand Cannoneer)
366MRHCSSpear (Elite Skirmisher)
538MRHFGArrow
478MRHHAArrow (Heavy Cavalry Archer)
627MRHSBScorpion Arrow (Heavy Scorpion)
505MRKEPArrow (Keep)
511MRLBMArrow (Longbow Man)
512MRLBTArrow (Longboat)
369MRMANStone Ball (Mangonel)
736MRMLKKnife (Mameluke)
656MRMNBStone Ball (Mangonel)
514MRMPCArrow
513MRMSUStone Ball (Siege Onager)
551MRONGStone Ball (Onager)
367MRSBLScorpion Arrow (Scorpion)
540MRSGYArrow (Galley)
786MRSTWArrow (Watch Tower)
515MRTAXAxe (Throwing Axeman)
371MRTRBStone Ball (Trebuchet)
509MRVILArrow (Hunter)
54MRVOLArrow
373MRWGLScorpion Arrow (War Wagon)
503MRWTNArrow
677S_FIREFire Ship Burner

posted 07-19-04 11:38 AM CT (US)     32 / 65  
What is reload?

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ T H E F R E A K O ________
· Proud Forumer of AOKH ·
posted 07-19-04 11:39 AM CT (US)     33 / 65  

Quote:

677S_FIREFire Ship Burner

Cool. I can have someone with a flamethrower in a mod...

>>>>>Emperor Michael<<<<<
Current Project(s):
A Viking's Saga (Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expainsion Campaign - 9%)
The Streets of Constantinople (Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion Campaign - 3%)
The Curse of the Ghost Ship (Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion Campaign - 1%)
posted 07-19-04 11:47 AM CT (US)     34 / 65  
It would be better if you use 676, since 677 seems to have some problem about animation.
posted 07-23-04 12:32 PM CT (US)     35 / 65  

Quote:

What is reload

It tells you in the topic post.

I have a problem with range. I set the Elite Cannon Galleon range to 20 to test it, (I kept the same number format) but it didn't fire. It stopped as though it was firing, but didn't actually fire anything. However when I moved closer it still would fire. I know the range I tried initially was less than 20, and I tried various other numbers after to test it.

Is there a maximum range that units can fire from in the game?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

D_B

Đąŗķ_ßļąđę - ĄőĶĦ Főŗųmmęŗ Şįŋčę 2003

an era of glory has passed - may the arcade live on
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » GeniEd2 guide - by me
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames