Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ronin
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 08-03-11 07:06 PM CT (US)   

Introduction

This will be the most diverse, darkest, saddest and immersive campaign you've ever played.

Features

- A completely rebuilt modded world designed to enhance the gameplay, environments and emotions experienced. See and fight in a Japan never portrayed in such detail ever before on AOK.

- A large fully playable scenario designed to immerse the player into the storyline perfectly and keep them on their toes and having them do something different through every moment.

- Featuring heart pounding, traditional music specifically sought to fit into each scene perfectly. Many sound effects will also be used to enhance the scenario greatly. (I will be using tracks from varied games and moves; such as this one. Similar to the factions, some of the instruments like the Shamisen were not introduced to Japan until nearer the Shenguko period, however for added tension and immersion and so on I've decided to use certain tracks anyway).

- An array of gameplay styles and events, not one game type. Will see elements of ff, b&d, rpg and will contain cinematics only at the most important times. Many tactical options not just dependant on build and destroy or micromanaging units.

- Master many skills and use them to your advantage depending on the situation. As your journey progresses, you will continually grow stronger and pick up new abilities for which you may use depending on the situation.

- You will gain many friends and companions throughout the game that will follow you. (Yumi, Yari, Naginata, Yabusame and so on).

- Epic Boss Battles!

- Meet many other Japanese legendary units and places such as the Wokou pirates, Shinobi, Sohei Monks and the hidden mountain dwellers called the Yamabushi.

Chapters

Chapter 1: Shadows of a Dark Winter

Style: Fixed Force, Strategy

Chapter 2: Sakura Burning

Style: Fixed Force, RPG

Chapter 3: The Way of the Warrior

Style: Defend the Spot, Build & Destroy

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 09-16-2012 @ 07:48 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-03-11 07:48 PM CT (US)     1 / 82  
posted 08-03-11 10:53 PM CT (US)     2 / 82  
*has a boner*

____IN FLAMES____
WE TRUST!

StormWind Studios | BlackForest Studios
posted 08-03-11 11:18 PM CT (US)     3 / 82  
omfg a picture! Some weird symbols under it yay!

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 08-04-11 00:10 AM CT (US)     4 / 82  
Technically, there are only Latin characters under the picture. I hope none of those letters look weird to you.

This project looks quite interesting, Tetsuo. Is it at all related to your ACSC entry? *wishes he was part of SWS so he could know about it beforehand*

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 08-04-2011 @ 00:25 AM).]

posted 08-04-11 02:47 AM CT (US)     5 / 82  
Awesome project?

Son, I am approve.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 08-04-11 03:12 AM CT (US)     6 / 82  
*Gears up to announce his project as well*
posted 08-04-11 04:57 AM CT (US)     7 / 82  
Oh great, now there's TWO Sengoku mods. (cowcall)mooooooooooooooooooooooo(cowcall)

You know what my doctor from Texas once told me? "Son, it seems like you have a pretty darn bad case of pneumoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis aka lava fever."

[This message has been edited by Hooded Ranger (edited 08-04-2011 @ 04:58 AM).]

posted 08-04-11 09:11 AM CT (US)     8 / 82  
This project looks quite interesting, Tetsuo. Is it at all related to your ACSC entry? *wishes he was part of SWS so he could know about it beforehand*
It is yes, but slightly altered to make it a playable campaign. I think it will work pretty nicely, and if you've watched the cinematic (everyone) you might be revisiting a few of the old locations - enhanced and improved.

It will be modded but only to enhance the scenario. I've got some pretty neat things lined up I hope will impress and that havn't been done before. It's not a full conversion, just a few things that will improve the immersion.

I'm really excited about this. I'll post some screenies soon.

If you havn't watched it yet, you can watch a cinematic based around the old story here... http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=10653.

I watched it yesterday and found all it's flaws. I can't look at it the same anymore. The campaign will be bigger, better and badder. Tetsuos revenge calls strongly.

Oh...SWS doesn't know about this yet It's my secret project.

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 08-04-2011 @ 09:12 AM).]

posted 08-06-11 00:24 AM CT (US)     9 / 82  
An other samurai scenario? I loved The Way of the Warrior and When the Wheel Breaks, so it sound interesting to me.

But I have a question: the text under the picture, it is not the introduction speech of The Last Samurai? I watched it in french, but these words are familiar to me.

"Freedom is not given, it is taken." - Kropotkin

If you like historical scenarios, look at my 1453-The Last Siege of Constantinople in the Blacksmith.
posted 08-07-11 08:21 PM CT (US)     10 / 82  
Amazing poster ad. I only recall NewIdea as someone that took their project to another level. Though I have no idea what this is going to be like, I look forward to checking it out. Good stuff.

~
[My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
~~~
A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest
posted 08-08-11 06:15 AM CT (US)     11 / 82  
posted 09-07-11 03:53 PM CT (US)     12 / 82  
If anyones bored and fancies helping me create some Japanese buildings on various styles then feel free

All done by copy and paste methods like this:-

I will focus on everything else (units, environments, triggers etc) but need help on getting as many unique buildings as possible. I need you the community to come up with some stuff useable for in game, whether it's a new town house, a geisha house, a small hut, a samurai house or a castle etc etc etc.
posted 09-07-11 04:41 PM CT (US)     13 / 82  
^Awesome

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 09-08-11 08:49 PM CT (US)     14 / 82  
renamed?

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 09-08-11 09:33 PM CT (US)     15 / 82  
http://imageshack.us/g/845/zentemple.png/

i have made this graphics hope you like them

[This message has been edited by monsterslayer (edited 09-08-2011 @ 09:35 PM).]

posted 09-08-11 10:07 PM CT (US)     16 / 82  
The shrine is quite amazing.

[This message has been edited by The Unconvincing Spook (edited 09-09-2011 @ 05:56 AM).]

posted 09-09-11 05:27 AM CT (US)     17 / 82  
Btw would rise of the middle kingdom graphics fit for aok? I'm not sure about the buildings but what about trees?

[This message has been edited by den cekke (edited 09-09-2011 @ 08:55 AM).]

posted 09-09-11 01:41 PM CT (US)     18 / 82  
renamed?
Yea, it makes more sense when you see how the story unfolds.

monsterslayer: Some great buildings, I won't use all of them but certainly a few of them. Good going, thanks!

Keep em coming guys!
posted 09-09-11 01:45 PM CT (US)     19 / 82  
rise of the middle kingdom graphic

I'm not sure. I've never played it. Do they?

Essentially if I was going to have other games graphics in the mod it would be at the minimal, and only to cut out certain pieces that will give a more Japanese feel or help make the building that little bit more special.

Trees I'm using are AOK ones only, apart from a few Japanese Pines I'm doing in 3D.
posted 09-10-11 01:53 PM CT (US)     20 / 82  
They'll probably won't fit.

Here is another building. I haven't thought of a function yet so I didn't add any attributes to it. And I still have to change the gallery a bit.

posted 09-10-11 05:30 PM CT (US)     21 / 82  
that looks like a barracks ish thing...

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-10-11 05:58 PM CT (US)     22 / 82  
With a little bit of work this could be converted into a buddist site. Expanding the size of it into seperate pieces and making it 'roamable' with shrines and gardens.
posted 09-10-11 07:18 PM CT (US)     23 / 82  
This and the previous banner kinda reminds me of Vagabond manga.

Anyway, can't wait to see how this baby turns out. I thoroughly enjoyed The Last Samurai and WTWB, so I know I'll enjoy this one as well. For some reason the blacksmith is severely lacking good samurai campaigns.

____IN FLAMES____
WE TRUST!

StormWind Studios | BlackForest Studios
posted 09-10-11 07:25 PM CT (US)     24 / 82  
posted 09-11-11 00:34 AM CT (US)     25 / 82  
any tips on making copy/paste buildings? It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to make something decent... (Or I'm simply doing it wrong).

edit:
here's what I've made so far, any tips or advice?

also I simply took these two images out of other buildings:

"i keep my female villagers either garrisoned in the town center or pickin' berries where they belong"

[This message has been edited by Donnieboy (edited 09-11-2011 @ 03:12 AM).]

posted 09-11-11 07:44 AM CT (US)     26 / 82  
"I made some random Bell Stand thing"
I think that just looks awesome.

"any tips on making copy/paste buildings? It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to make something decent... (Or I'm simply doing it wrong)."

The stuff you made looks really good(I especially like the keep which just looks really cool). I don't have much to notice about the buildings except maybe for the watch tower. I think you should either make the wooden part or the stone part wider than the other to add more depth to it. And you should also get rid of the stuff underneath the small roof and place a door there. But as I already said, great job.
What program do you use to copy and paste? If you use photoshop I can give you some tips on how to work with the tools(I use lasso, magic wand tool, pencil tool and clone stamp tool a lot).

Btw here is the former building I made cut up so you guys can use them.

posted 09-13-11 10:04 PM CT (US)     27 / 82  
posted 09-13-11 11:39 PM CT (US)     28 / 82  
any tips on making copy/paste buildings? It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to make something decent... (Or I'm simply doing it wrong).
Don't.

Kidding, but I will say this: Copy/paste buildings are usually not shaded right. Unless you are careful to keep the dark sided stuff on the dark side and the light on the light, it ends up looking awful. Also, you can use photoshop to adjust the brightness of the parts you cut. Remember to shade right and you are ahead of 95% of the cut/paste modders out there.

@Sebastien:
How far along is this? 5% ?

Thread looks good (great actually, albiet low on information), but why are yo back to cut/paste modding? Weren't you a 3ds max guy?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 09-14-11 08:11 AM CT (US)     29 / 82  
Ive noticed that 3d modeling is less fitting with the exisiting aok graphics. Cut and paste seems to work better.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-14-11 08:58 AM CT (US)     30 / 82  
Carol, it can be very fitting provided you have rendering and post-processing skills,and the right tools.
posted 09-14-11 01:59 PM CT (US)     31 / 82  
@Sebastien:
How far along is this? 5% ?
Something like that haha! Nah, I've got quite a lot done already in terms of modding (I don't want to showcase it all yet cus I got a couple of surprises). As for the campaign, I havn't started it yet but have a clear idea of exactly what it contains and the way it progresses, the story, the music etc. I expect I'll finish the project by December.
Thread looks good (great actually, albiet low on information), but why are yo back to cut/paste modding? Weren't you a 3ds max guy?
Thanks dude, but really, ... I'm not at the right stage yet to show off the rest and I want to release sections in bulk (that look awesome) so that it has more of an immediate impact and improves reader desire.

There are a number of varied reasons why I won't be using 3ds max for the majority of the buildings but I will be using it for any additionals that copy and paste can't provide.

posted 09-15-11 09:12 AM CT (US)     32 / 82  
You totally need some of those cool pink trees
posted 09-15-11 09:20 AM CT (US)     33 / 82  
Tetsuo is what i made useable? or do you have some specifics on quality improvements?

"i keep my female villagers either garrisoned in the town center or pickin' berries where they belong"
posted 09-15-11 12:32 PM CT (US)     34 / 82  
You totally need some of those cool pink trees
You mean Sakura? Hehe, yes, I will include these.
Tetsuo is what i made useable? or do you have some specifics on quality improvements?
They look good DonnieBoy. There doesn't seem to be any problems in terms of copy and paste quality - maybe the first image could be improved but other than that it's ok.

I'll need to compare the house and keep to the one currently in the game as they look very similar though.

I'm not too sure about the first image, it looks slightly off perspective with the legs of the bell thingy and I am unsure of it's purpose.

The other pieces are ok, the market stand is more useful than the bell.

Last point I'd make is not too include bamboo or trees on buildings (my personal opinion). It restricts where they can be placed (I understand some jap have them already) but can also effect the size of the building and the anchors.

Yea, I like the wooden tower, but for things like that it's best to use as seperate objects I think.

I hope that's constructive enough. Thanks! If you want to make any more feel free.
posted 09-16-11 02:31 AM CT (US)     35 / 82  
ok thanks for the feedback ill try again soon when i fix my photoshop and see if i can improve my work.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Ronin
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames