Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The story of how Sipia went insane
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 19  Next Page »
posted 10-02-14 02:10 PM CT (US)   
So... You have come to hear the tale of how I lost my marbles.

And if you didn't, why'd you open this thread? C'mon man, it's in the freaking title. You're not very good at reading, are you?

*ahem*

Anyway, before I begin, I must warn you that this delves quite a bit into my past, and thus you may not look at me the same way again after reading this. I dunno, I've never been good at predicting other people's reactions to what I say, but I figured I'd just throw that out there.

So, enough beating around the bush. Let's get to it.

This story takes us back to spring of 2000. Yeah, remember that time? Well I don't, because I was three years old at the time. I still know the exact date, though. How, you ask? Because that's the birthday of my only sibling, my younger brother.

Now, before I proceed, a quick disclaimer: I love my brother and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. Don't let anything I'm about to say misguide you.

That said, there's two things you need to know about my brother. The first thing became apperent immediately after his birth, or even a little while before that; he wasn't entirely... normal, so to speak. He had an extra chromosome in his 21st pair, a condition we usually refer to as down syndrome. To go on top of that, he has dyspraxia, a neurological disorder that hampers his learning in finer movement and speech- which indirectly means that he learns everything even slower than the average down syndrome child, since it can take quite some time to get him to understand something. It's a very odd experience to have a brother like that, because you don't really get to play the usual big brother role. I can't help him with his problems, our levels of comprehension are leagues apart which only gets worse over time, you can't really have an in-depth conversation with him (he understands simple yes/no questions most of the time, but even then we can never be sure), you can't play games together (unless you like intentionally losing at memory card games)...

But I'm getting off track. Where was I?

Ah, yes. The second thing you need to know about my brother that's relevant to this story is something I learned when he turned two years old. You see, as it turned out, he freakin' loves watching television. When he discovered it, he would do nothing but watch tv for hours on end. Of course, I was still five, so I wasn't much different. But as I moved on to other things- video games, primarily- he stuck to watching tv, day in, day out.

Now on to the kicker. What happens when you put these two factors together? Very slow learning plus love for tv shows... It means that he's easily satisfied with watching the same episode of a show twice in a row. Or three times. Or four. Or five. Or maybe just fifteen. It just doesn't bore him. He accumulates new information so slowly that the repetition just doesn't bother him. But that's not all. Most kids, when they grow older, start watching new shows to accomodate for their psychological aging. My brother, however, ages very, very... very slowly. And as such, he doesn't need to watch new shows. The old ones will do fine. You wanna know how bad it is? I remember it even now, the show that he first started watching when he turned two. So many years did that show entertain him to no end. How many years exactly? I don't know! Because he still watches it to this day. I can hear it as I write, in fact.

Do you realise how excrucatingly dull it is to a developing mind like mine to be fed the same information year after year after year? It's been twelve years, and he just won't. stop. watching that show. Thankfully, he started watching other shows over the years (for the same target age as the first one, mind), but that's only temporary mercy; those too got engraved into my skull from sheer repetition in time.

What didn't help either is that my brother just plain ol' loves playing music as loud as possible. And that's really, really loud. My parents and I have warned him so many times that he'll make himself deaf one of these days, but he's just too stubborn to listen. His music can be heard loud and clear everywhere in the house, and I'm pretty sure the neighbours can join in the fun too. I stupidly sank some of my hard-earned money into speakers when I bought this computer, which I don't ever get to use because I have to use this headset at all times if I want to hear anything at all. Do you know why I can only use my mic during skype calls at very specific times? Because those are the times that my brother isn't around! It'd be utterly impossible to make myself comprehensible over that volume, not to mention that it would disrupt the conversation entirely.

It also clears up why I don't seem to have watched any movies, like, at all. The tv is always occupied during the day. And when my brother goes to bed, my parents are just about dying to plop down on the couch and watch whatever. I'm fine with that, I can amuse myself with video games just as well, but watching tv is just never an option, unless I'm sick or home alone (or both). We have other tvs, of course, but those don't watch comfortably and have pretty tiny screens, being pretty cheap and just placed wherever there's space (like, just below the ceiling in the corner so you have to crane your neck up to see it).

Oh, and it's always christmas over here. And Sinterklaas too. He hopes that listening to those songs every day will make the day where presents suddenly materialise on the doorstep come faster. We already explained to him that it doesn't work like that, but he's stubborn as a mule, I tell you. I kinda find it funny when people complain over hearing christmas songs a month or two early, or that neighbour who neglected to put down his decorations until mid-february. Welcome to my world. Falalalala la-fvckin'-la.

Now you're probably wondering to yourself: "But how does this all connect to your relentless, black hatred for MLP and bronies?" Well, you see, I try my best to ignore my brother's music and shouting (yeah, he likes singing along. And combine that with his poor speech...), by distracting my mind with something else. Like, say, play video games, browse the internet... But then I encounter a group of people who are... you guessed it... completely obsessed with another. Fvcking. Kid's show. Do you have ANY idea how annoying it is to think you finally escaped something that chronically torments you, and then this happens? There's no place in heaven high where I may crawl away and die... And it doesn't help that bronies are ab-so-lute-ly EVERYWHERE. Like, if they fit in my kitchen cupboards, I bet I'd find them there too.

So I try to contain them somewhere where I won't have to see them constantly, but of course, if bronies are not discussing MLP, they're trolling people. And thus the struggle of the ages began, neither side willing to back down. It looks like I finally managed to get the situation under control, and ultimately I even had some fun crossing blades with Moff along the way.

But besides annoying me, there's one more thing about bronies that ticks me off... And that is that they baffle me. They defy everything I know. After so many years, it has become quite apperent to me that kid's shows are where writers are dumped who have absolutely NO creative flair; where failed careers are dragged towards and then shot. That's the only explanation! They all copy each other, never trying anything new, just dumping whatever wacky ideas they have, tack some trite morals about friendship and helping each other onto it, and boom! It doesn't MATTER that it's not creative, because the target audience doesn't have any experience in media and thus has no taste for quality. They'll eat anything up you'll throw at them. I mean, it's not like there's people who are forced to analyze our low-effort garbage day after day for twelve years, right? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... hah.

So how come that bronies not only willingly watch crap like that, but like, nay, love it? En masse? How?! You can't call such a large group a fluke succes. How?! If this many people found a quality in kid's shows that I couldn't find in twelve years, then what does that make me? I don't. Flippin'. Get it.

*pant* *pant* *pant*

So I'm stuck here, probably going to watch kid's shows some more for the next five years or so. Autism's a bitch, you look up to life changes such as living by yourself like a brick wall. I need to build up to that, school already provides me with a lot of stress. Until then... *sigh* I guess we go find out why it's so fun to have friends by your side. And then we'll do it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

And tomorrow we'll do it alllll over again! Nighty-night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, because I'm a complete idiot, I agreed to watch six episodes of MLP, so that I can say I gave it an honest try and so I can show exactly why I believe it sucks balls. After four episodes, I sold my soul for a free copy of Kerbal Space Program and am now obliged to watch another eight episodes on top of that (for a total of fourteen). If you're interested in seeing a crazy person scream at his monitor because people on the internet told him to stare at cartoon ponies for a few hours, keep reading.

Episodes reviewed:

Friendship is Magic, Part One
Fremdshep is Stoopid Mahjick, Part Too
The Ticked Master
Suited for Success
Feeling Pinkie Keen
Sonic Rainboom
Party of One
The Best Night Ever
Return of Harmony, Part One
Rhuturn ov Hawrmonee, Part Too
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
A Canterlot Wedding, Part One
A Kenterlawt Wuddin, Part Too
Winter Wrap up

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 03-21-2015 @ 09:40 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-24-14 09:36 AM CT (US)     251 / 476  
I'm not going to watch any more episodes in exchange for your advice. I mean, if you're really that averse to talking about KSP, then...

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 11-24-2014 @ 09:36 AM).]

posted 11-24-14 11:59 AM CT (US)     252 / 476  

What could possibly go wrong?

(Everything went wrong.)

posted 11-24-14 12:23 PM CT (US)     253 / 476  
Dear sweet Celestia. You're not allowed to use eight-fold symmetry again.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-24-2014 @ 12:27 PM).]

posted 11-24-14 12:33 PM CT (US)     254 / 476  
I tried four- and sixfold symmetry first... Didn't go particularly better.

I've sort of reached an impasse. I can't reach space with enough fuel left to go full orbit and then head back down, and adding in more fuel makes the thing impossible to steer.

(This is career mode, by the way. Found it more interesting.)

posted 11-24-14 12:44 PM CT (US)     255 / 476  
Which ascent profile are you doing...?

Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
posted 11-24-14 01:22 PM CT (US)     256 / 476  
The what, now?

So, good news and bad news.

The good news is, I managed to get a ship into a stable orbit!

The bad news is, I can't get said ship out of stable orbit.

posted 11-24-14 03:34 PM CT (US)     257 / 476  
Okay... Moff's Top 20 Rocket Tips:

1. Pointy end toward sky for launching.
2. Fiery end points away from the direction you want to go, usually.
3. Your rocket must overcome its own weight to go up. If it does not push hard enough against the ground, it will not go to space today. Or ever. Take the mass of your rocket, multiply it by 9.81, and then divide by the thrust of the engines in the stage. If that's less than 1, and you're in your first couple stages, you have a problem.
4. That little blue/brown ball on the bottom tells you where you're going, north, south, east, west, sky, or ground. Brown = ground; sky = blue.
5. The PROGRADE MARKER on the navball (aforementioned little blue/brown ball) tells you which way you are going. It looks like a circle with three green lines coming out of it. The RETROGRADE MARKER points exactly opposite. Point at that to slow down... to, say, get out of orbit. Or land safely.
6. Turn to the east at a 45-degree incline at 10 kilometers. Allow your prograde marker to catch up, and then chase it until you are in orbit for an efficient ascent profile.
7. You need ~4,500 m/s Delta V to go into orbit of Kerbin. Sometimes a bit less, but this gives you a good safety cushion.
8. The air ends at 70 kilometers. Below this, your orbit will decay. For quick deorbiting, 35 kilometers or lower will drag you out of space.
9. Thrust vectored engines are your friends.
10. Specific impulse is a measure of fuel efficiency. The lower it is, the more fuel you have to carry for a particular stage delta-V.
11. You can adjust your staging either in the VAB, SPH, or in flight by dragging the icons in the staging display into other stages. You can also add or delete stages. Mastering this is one of the keys to successful rocketry and not being outflown by Scootaloo.
12. Nuclear engines are for advanced users. Ion engines are for patient ones. Neither should ever be used in any kind of atmosphere.
13. Landing is an acquired skill. You will fail (unless you download instrumentation mods like MechJeb or Flight Engineer) the first dozen times.
14. This Delta-V thing I've been mentioning? Here's how you calculate it for a given stage: 9.81*Stage Specific Impulse*LN(Full Mass of the Stage/Empty Mass of the Stage). Delta V is your "range" and your performance indicator. Total craft Delta V is the sum of the stage dVs.
15. If you are going to attempt landing, then in the cockpit display (click the IVA button or press C) is a radar altimeter. Find it and familiarize yourself with it.
16. Learn to fly by navball. Visuals are useless in SPAAAAAAAAACE.
17. Learn Action Groups. They let you bind the functions of multiple parts to a single keystroke. This is handy for, oh, say, science packages.
18. Try to land as close to the Space Center as possible to maximize recovery returns. When deorbiting, make sure your orbital path terminates just a little ways to the east off the coast of "Africa." (The space center is a yellowish patch on the east coast)
19. You need electrical power on your ships. A ship with no regenerative ability needs lots of batteries, which means lots of weight. A Mun flyby mission will require about 2000 units of electricity with conservative maneuvering. Get those solar panels, boy. Let Celestia power your ships.
20. Burning prograde enlarges your orbit. Burning retrograde makes it smaller. To return from orbit as efficiently as possible, burn retrograde at apoapsis until your periapsis is in the atmosphere. As a rule, the further out you make your burn, the more efficient it will be.

That's gotta be worth at least some MLP fan videos. <_<

posted 11-25-14 00:38 AM CT (US)     258 / 476  
I repeatedly stated I'm not going to watch more stuff for your advice.

And besides, several things you just said I already knew from the tutorials. And no duh will I use renewable energy- as soon as I have enough science to research it.

posted 11-25-14 07:02 AM CT (US)     259 / 476  
Well, fine. Blow up your rockets and your Kerbonauts!

But Celestia is watching you.

And so, probably, is Molestia. Watch out for her. She... does things. <_<

posted 11-25-14 09:48 AM CT (US)     260 / 476  
I would advise against threatening me. I still have the blueprints for the Sipia mk. I... Death will rain. >_>

Seriously though, I still have 10 episodes to go, and four episodes already behind me. That's like, 13,95 more episodes than I'd want to watch. You'd have to come up with a really good deal to persuade me into making it even worse.

Speaking of episodes; should I watch them in chronological order or finish off the original picks first?

posted 11-25-14 12:01 PM CT (US)     261 / 476  
In the order I listed. It's not exactly chronological because of "Suited for Success" being more in the middle/end of the first season.

EDIT:
For your convenience:
Friendship is Magic, part 1
Friendship is Magic, part 2
The Ticket Master
Suited for Success

Feeling Pinkie Keen
Sonic Rainboom
Party of One
The Best Night Ever
Return of Harmony, Part 1
Return of Harmony, Part 2
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
A Canterlot Wedding, Part 1
A Canterlot Wedding, Part 2
Magical Mystery Cure

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 11-25-2014 @ 12:03 PM).]

posted 11-26-14 06:47 AM CT (US)     262 / 476  
Return of Harmony, Part 1
Return of Harmony, Part 2
A Canterlot Wedding, Part 1
A Canterlot Wedding, Part 2
Ohh, but you won't care about season finales if you don't watch the episodes in-between first blah blah >_>

You don't even listen to your own lecturing, do you?

posted 11-26-14 09:13 AM CT (US)     263 / 476  
I had room to add in the important "get to know them" episodes. I wanted to include a few more, but those are particularly crucial.

posted 12-07-14 01:26 PM CT (US)     264 / 476  
Twilight said you're slacking off in your studies. She's here to help you.

(This is another reason we like the show: it takes well to subversion )

posted 12-07-14 01:50 PM CT (US)     265 / 476  
That poor book! Now the pages are all crooked.

posted 12-07-14 01:57 PM CT (US)     266 / 476  
That's how you know it's a forgery. Twily would never hurt a book.

posted 12-13-14 08:44 PM CT (US)     267 / 476  
Sorry this took a while. My parents have been hanging around the house non-stop since last episode. It's like they know... >_>

FEELING PINKIE KEEN

I have a bad feeling about this next episode.

0:26 - 0:38
"I can't help it! Look!"
What, isn't that a common occurrence?

0:41
"She's just being Pinkie Pie."
Precisely my point.

0:49
"Twitchy-twitchy twitch-a-twitch."
Pika pi, pika-chu. >_>

2:03
How the fvck is that cart staying afloat?!

3:02
You know, you really don't need a twitchy tail to see that one coming.

3:08
Shameless littering. >_>

3:16
"Uh, Twilight? Why're you hangin' out in a ditch?"
Now that you mention it- why is there a ditch in the middle of town? Was it just dug there for hapless passers-by to fall into? (-2)

3:50
Are you following them around or something? This is the second time she walks off only to suddenly reappear again.

4:29
Well, that's creepy. Do ponies have any sense of privacy?

5:00
Oh, I caught the visual humor. It's just not all that funny.

5:41
Spike being an asshole again.

5:48
"You said that combo meant beautiful rainbows!"
Depending on how hard the door hit your head, you might be able to see them.

6:12 - 6:42
Twilight, you're a quack researcher. You can't start doing measurements when you do not have the means to accurately and repeatedly reproduce the circumstances of the phenomenon. e.g. set up a flower pot to fall without warning her beforehand.

6:58
"I will not believe in anything I cannot explain!"
Then kindly explain how you legally got all this high-tech equipment you're clearly not qualified for. In a setting that still uses quills for writing. Because frankly, I don't believe that's possible, especially considering you just moved in a few episodes ago. (-5)

7:15
See? Not qualified. You don't yank the cables out of a currently working electronic device.

7:37
Spike, this is not an action movie. Stop forcefully slamming doors open.

8:50
"I'm doing scientific research."
"Scientific" my ass.

8:53
"Scientifically: Pinkius Pieacus."
If only Latin were that simple. Quackus researcherus.

9:50
Because bees (or wasps, or whatever those are supposed to be) will just hunt down the first lifeform they see and start stinging like crazy. Bees only attack when threatened (because they die when they do attack), and wasps tend not to attack in groups unless you're near the nest. I'm not even an expert and I know that much. Geez, the writers of this show are as bad at research as Twilight. (-5)

10:17
"You really, really believe this stuff, don't you?"
You're literally covered in wounds because of the previous occurrences. How can you still be in denial?

10:25
What, WHAT
WHAT
TRAPDOOR, WHAT
WHAT
WHY is there a trapdoor in the middle of the path, HOW did Twilight not see it, but more importantly... Since WHEN do trapdoors just fling open? (-5)
...TRAPDOOR, WHA- *slap*
Moving on.

11:09
Four-hit combo. Nice.

11:11
I would sue.

11:15
"Hey Applejack! What'cha doin'?"
Something involving apples. What, did you expect any form of character depth? (-1)

11:26
...Huh?! First she's confined to a wheelchair... then heavy stuff falls on her... and now she can walk again.
how

11:54
How can you predict that so accurately? >_>

13:14
"Just exploded? For no reason?"
You're animated, it's not out of the question.

14:48
Wow. That is one ugly-looking design. And not in a good way. (-5)

15:40
Can't you just use magic or something? (-1)

16:18
"Quick! One at a time!"
...Why? (-1)

16:50
"What would a brave pony like Rainbow Dash do?"
Leeroy Jenkins.

16:54
"CHAAAAAAAARGE!"
Good guess.

17:25
Oh my, such a contrived inconvenience. (-2)
Good thing Twilight can teleport.

17:29
*gasp*
Just teleport over! You've shown you can do it!

17:35
You know? Instant relocation of matter? Remember?

17:40
"You have to jump!"
No, you just- *sigh*

17:50
"Your only hope!"
Besides teleporting!

17:55
"You have to take a leap of faith!"
First off: that is a big no-no in any platformer. >_>
Second off... and just hear me out on this one... you could simply... TELEPORT. (-10)

18:16
Wat

18:18
Are you being for real?
Have the writers ever physicsed before? (-5)

18:29
"I dunno how it happened..."
Idem dito here.

19:18
Must not make obvious joke...

19:23
"I give up."
That seals it. You're not a researcher. You're not a scientist. You don't have a diploma. You're not even a full-time employee. Where has your life been for so long?

19:34
"Her Pinkie sense somehow... makes sense."
No it doesn't.

20:20
I am ever so curious as to what lesson I was supposed to learn from this.

20:34
"Never thought you'd see me with an umbrella hat on?"
Indoors, no less.

20:46
"I am happy to report that I now realise there are wonderful things in this world you just can't explain. But that doesn't necessarily make them any less true!"
Ah ha ha ha. Good one. So the message is to not be too skeptical of things just because you can't come up with an explanation for it. Unfortunately, this episode paints an entirely different picture of the moral: "Scientists, sceptics and atheists are self-satisfied jerks." As I mentioned several times, Twilight's skill as a researcher is... lacking. That does NOT mean that all researchers just want to prove others wrong, and they are certainly not as boneheaded as she behaved. (-15)

And besides that, I think I can solve this mystery. You see, I'm a bit of a fan of the Ace Attorney series, and if there's anything those games taught me, it's that when nothing appears to make sense, all you need to do is turn your line of thinking around. Twilight's been trying to answer the question "How can Pinkie's twitching predict the future?"... but the real question all along was, "Why do all these accidents keep lining up according to Pinkie's predictions?"

Now, first things first. When I think back, what was the most striking thing about the last 20 minutes?

THE SHEER NUMBER OF ACCIDENTS

There have been an awful lot of things going wrong today, weren't there? That sure is strange. To add to the strangeness, these accidents started happening when Twilight questioned Pinkie, and ended when she finally admitted defeat. In order to figure out the nature of these accidents, we need to find a pattern. What do the accidents all have in common, besides Pinkie predicting each and every one of them?

TWILIGHT WAS THE VICTIM

Strange, isn't it? Twilight questions Pinkie, and suddenly she's at the receiving end of slamming doors, various falling objects, randomly opening trapdoors... Almost too uncanny, if you ask me. Anything else to consider?

THE ODD NATURE OF THE ACCIDENTS

Bees/wasps attacking a seemingly random bush, trapdoors opening outward for no reason at all... Not to mention, the hydra. Fluttershy is an animal expert. If hydras normally appear at that area, wouldn't she know about it? The hydra's presence seems to be entirely abnormal. All of this can only lead me to one conclusion...

PINKIE STAGED THE ACCIDENTS

Aaand, stop the music.

Of course. It's the simple solution. Some of them at the start may have been coincidental, but a lot of the latter ones couldn't possibly have happened on their own. They would've been easy to set up, though; sabotage the mailmen (ponies, whatever), spike the bush with honey or something else that attracts insects, lure the hydra beforehand... All of this was an asinine stunt of Pinkie's to make others believe she has supernatural powers. And if that's true, then she's dangerous and should probably be institutionalized. Of course, I don't have hard proof of my theory, but there's plenty of signs. It's more believable than twitch-based premonition, at any rate.

Or maybe I'm deliberately overanalyzing this. But I will not have this show sully the good name of us sceptics. I may be mean and faithless, but at least I'm good at that. *blows raspberry*

Final score: -57

Wow, either I or the writers outdid themselves on this episode. And without even resorting to songs!

Oh, and as for anything that happened after the 21-minute mark: I have no comment.

I'm off to bed. It's way past my bedtime.

posted 12-13-14 09:17 PM CT (US)     268 / 476  
You... well, unfortunately, the Pinkie Sense is quite real.

And you apparently would also hate all of the classic Looney Toons and Animaniacs stuff.

posted 12-14-14 03:16 AM CT (US)     269 / 476  
You... well, unfortunately, the Pinkie Sense is quite real.
I refuse to believe that. >_>
And you apparently would also hate all of the classic Looney Toons and Animaniacs stuff.
Perhaps. But those shows are made to not make sense. It's out of place here.

posted 12-14-14 08:11 AM CT (US)     270 / 476  
It's pretty much Pinkie's schtick. She is the Bugs Bunny...and in this episode, Twilight was Daffy. Granted, no one draws any tunnels on rocks and then runs through them, but...

Damn. Not even a single positive point. I thought for sure grievous bodily harm to Ponies would make you happy.

posted 12-14-14 08:52 AM CT (US)     271 / 476  
It's pretty much Pinkie's schtick.
I noticed. Hence why I'm not too fond of her. Given that she represents laughter, her sense of humor lacks depth.
She is the Bugs Bunny...and in this episode, Twilight was Daffy.
Ooh, is it pony season yet? I'll get my rifle.
Damn. Not even a single positive point.
Word. They'd better catch up in the next episode.
I thought for sure grievous bodily harm to Ponies would make you happy.
After you've watched an episode or two of any "home videos" show, people/characters getting hurt for the sake of people/characters getting hurt ceases being funny- unless you're creative. And this episode was not creative. Anvil, check, insect bites, check, door slamming, check, falling down stairs, check... Can we just get to the point-blank explosion and be done with it?

I tend to find karmic pain funnier, and again, only when done creatively.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 12-14-2014 @ 08:53 AM).]

posted 12-14-14 10:49 AM CT (US)     272 / 476  
Are you being for real?
Have the writers ever physicsed before?
Sipia, you da real MVP

coming up with all this witty banter so that I don't have to subject myself to twaddle

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 12-14-14 10:58 AM CT (US)     273 / 476  
*intensifies Monster Math*

posted 12-14-14 12:42 PM CT (US)     274 / 476  
There's one episode where Twilight derives and equation for time dilation. Something about proper time or whatevs. You should read dashacademycomic.com

So cute.

[This message has been edited by Vinyl (edited 12-14-2014 @ 12:51 PM).]

posted 12-19-14 05:43 PM CT (US)     275 / 476  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjkKvi3CJI4

This... is an adorable summary of Luna's character growth.

Listen, Sippycup. LISTEN AND KNOW WHAT YOU MISS IN BETWEEN THE EPISODES YOU ARE UNWILLING TO WATCH WITHOUT BRIBERY.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 19  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » The story of how Sipia went insane
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames