Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The story of how Sipia went insane
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 19  Next Page »
posted 10-02-14 02:10 PM CT (US)   
So... You have come to hear the tale of how I lost my marbles.

And if you didn't, why'd you open this thread? C'mon man, it's in the freaking title. You're not very good at reading, are you?

*ahem*

Anyway, before I begin, I must warn you that this delves quite a bit into my past, and thus you may not look at me the same way again after reading this. I dunno, I've never been good at predicting other people's reactions to what I say, but I figured I'd just throw that out there.

So, enough beating around the bush. Let's get to it.

This story takes us back to spring of 2000. Yeah, remember that time? Well I don't, because I was three years old at the time. I still know the exact date, though. How, you ask? Because that's the birthday of my only sibling, my younger brother.

Now, before I proceed, a quick disclaimer: I love my brother and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. Don't let anything I'm about to say misguide you.

That said, there's two things you need to know about my brother. The first thing became apperent immediately after his birth, or even a little while before that; he wasn't entirely... normal, so to speak. He had an extra chromosome in his 21st pair, a condition we usually refer to as down syndrome. To go on top of that, he has dyspraxia, a neurological disorder that hampers his learning in finer movement and speech- which indirectly means that he learns everything even slower than the average down syndrome child, since it can take quite some time to get him to understand something. It's a very odd experience to have a brother like that, because you don't really get to play the usual big brother role. I can't help him with his problems, our levels of comprehension are leagues apart which only gets worse over time, you can't really have an in-depth conversation with him (he understands simple yes/no questions most of the time, but even then we can never be sure), you can't play games together (unless you like intentionally losing at memory card games)...

But I'm getting off track. Where was I?

Ah, yes. The second thing you need to know about my brother that's relevant to this story is something I learned when he turned two years old. You see, as it turned out, he freakin' loves watching television. When he discovered it, he would do nothing but watch tv for hours on end. Of course, I was still five, so I wasn't much different. But as I moved on to other things- video games, primarily- he stuck to watching tv, day in, day out.

Now on to the kicker. What happens when you put these two factors together? Very slow learning plus love for tv shows... It means that he's easily satisfied with watching the same episode of a show twice in a row. Or three times. Or four. Or five. Or maybe just fifteen. It just doesn't bore him. He accumulates new information so slowly that the repetition just doesn't bother him. But that's not all. Most kids, when they grow older, start watching new shows to accomodate for their psychological aging. My brother, however, ages very, very... very slowly. And as such, he doesn't need to watch new shows. The old ones will do fine. You wanna know how bad it is? I remember it even now, the show that he first started watching when he turned two. So many years did that show entertain him to no end. How many years exactly? I don't know! Because he still watches it to this day. I can hear it as I write, in fact.

Do you realise how excrucatingly dull it is to a developing mind like mine to be fed the same information year after year after year? It's been twelve years, and he just won't. stop. watching that show. Thankfully, he started watching other shows over the years (for the same target age as the first one, mind), but that's only temporary mercy; those too got engraved into my skull from sheer repetition in time.

What didn't help either is that my brother just plain ol' loves playing music as loud as possible. And that's really, really loud. My parents and I have warned him so many times that he'll make himself deaf one of these days, but he's just too stubborn to listen. His music can be heard loud and clear everywhere in the house, and I'm pretty sure the neighbours can join in the fun too. I stupidly sank some of my hard-earned money into speakers when I bought this computer, which I don't ever get to use because I have to use this headset at all times if I want to hear anything at all. Do you know why I can only use my mic during skype calls at very specific times? Because those are the times that my brother isn't around! It'd be utterly impossible to make myself comprehensible over that volume, not to mention that it would disrupt the conversation entirely.

It also clears up why I don't seem to have watched any movies, like, at all. The tv is always occupied during the day. And when my brother goes to bed, my parents are just about dying to plop down on the couch and watch whatever. I'm fine with that, I can amuse myself with video games just as well, but watching tv is just never an option, unless I'm sick or home alone (or both). We have other tvs, of course, but those don't watch comfortably and have pretty tiny screens, being pretty cheap and just placed wherever there's space (like, just below the ceiling in the corner so you have to crane your neck up to see it).

Oh, and it's always christmas over here. And Sinterklaas too. He hopes that listening to those songs every day will make the day where presents suddenly materialise on the doorstep come faster. We already explained to him that it doesn't work like that, but he's stubborn as a mule, I tell you. I kinda find it funny when people complain over hearing christmas songs a month or two early, or that neighbour who neglected to put down his decorations until mid-february. Welcome to my world. Falalalala la-fvckin'-la.

Now you're probably wondering to yourself: "But how does this all connect to your relentless, black hatred for MLP and bronies?" Well, you see, I try my best to ignore my brother's music and shouting (yeah, he likes singing along. And combine that with his poor speech...), by distracting my mind with something else. Like, say, play video games, browse the internet... But then I encounter a group of people who are... you guessed it... completely obsessed with another. Fvcking. Kid's show. Do you have ANY idea how annoying it is to think you finally escaped something that chronically torments you, and then this happens? There's no place in heaven high where I may crawl away and die... And it doesn't help that bronies are ab-so-lute-ly EVERYWHERE. Like, if they fit in my kitchen cupboards, I bet I'd find them there too.

So I try to contain them somewhere where I won't have to see them constantly, but of course, if bronies are not discussing MLP, they're trolling people. And thus the struggle of the ages began, neither side willing to back down. It looks like I finally managed to get the situation under control, and ultimately I even had some fun crossing blades with Moff along the way.

But besides annoying me, there's one more thing about bronies that ticks me off... And that is that they baffle me. They defy everything I know. After so many years, it has become quite apperent to me that kid's shows are where writers are dumped who have absolutely NO creative flair; where failed careers are dragged towards and then shot. That's the only explanation! They all copy each other, never trying anything new, just dumping whatever wacky ideas they have, tack some trite morals about friendship and helping each other onto it, and boom! It doesn't MATTER that it's not creative, because the target audience doesn't have any experience in media and thus has no taste for quality. They'll eat anything up you'll throw at them. I mean, it's not like there's people who are forced to analyze our low-effort garbage day after day for twelve years, right? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... hah.

So how come that bronies not only willingly watch crap like that, but like, nay, love it? En masse? How?! You can't call such a large group a fluke succes. How?! If this many people found a quality in kid's shows that I couldn't find in twelve years, then what does that make me? I don't. Flippin'. Get it.

*pant* *pant* *pant*

So I'm stuck here, probably going to watch kid's shows some more for the next five years or so. Autism's a bitch, you look up to life changes such as living by yourself like a brick wall. I need to build up to that, school already provides me with a lot of stress. Until then... *sigh* I guess we go find out why it's so fun to have friends by your side. And then we'll do it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

And tomorrow we'll do it alllll over again! Nighty-night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, because I'm a complete idiot, I agreed to watch six episodes of MLP, so that I can say I gave it an honest try and so I can show exactly why I believe it sucks balls. After four episodes, I sold my soul for a free copy of Kerbal Space Program and am now obliged to watch another eight episodes on top of that (for a total of fourteen). If you're interested in seeing a crazy person scream at his monitor because people on the internet told him to stare at cartoon ponies for a few hours, keep reading.

Episodes reviewed:

Friendship is Magic, Part One
Fremdshep is Stoopid Mahjick, Part Too
The Ticked Master
Suited for Success
Feeling Pinkie Keen
Sonic Rainboom
Party of One
The Best Night Ever
Return of Harmony, Part One
Rhuturn ov Hawrmonee, Part Too
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
A Canterlot Wedding, Part One
A Kenterlawt Wuddin, Part Too
Winter Wrap up

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 03-21-2015 @ 09:40 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-20-14 03:01 AM CT (US)     276 / 476  
Listen, Sippycup. LISTEN AND KNOW WHAT YOU MISS IN BETWEEN THE EPISODES YOU ARE UNWILLING TO WATCH WITHOUT BRIBERY.
Ohh.

OHH.

EVEN BETTER.

Moff, I gave you no less than fourteen episodes to choose with. Do you understand what a "choice" is? If not, allow me to educate you.

No no, go ahead and watch the video. I'll wait.

Now for the in-field exercise. On one hand, you could give me episodes that contain valuable character development that could convince me of this show's potential quality. On the other hand, you could give me episodes about dressmaking and predictive twitching. What would be the rational choice in this situation? >_>

Sadly, changing what has already been watched is not a possible choice. The ones still to come may be switched out at will, however.

By the way I refuse to watch the video you linked because you hurt my feelings.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 12-20-2014 @ 05:11 AM).]

posted 12-20-14 07:03 AM CT (US)     277 / 476  
It was a joke... and picking the most essential episodes was quite difficult. :\

AND I DID NOT WATCH YOUR VIDEO BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 12-20-14 07:53 AM CT (US)     278 / 476  
and picking the most essential episodes was quite difficult. :\
Well don't get me started on watching them
AND I DID NOT WATCH YOUR VIDEO BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I have thus arrived to the conclusion that you are, in fact, not a real person. I must be going, I have an appointment at five minutes from now.

posted 12-20-14 12:57 PM CT (US)     279 / 476  
I watched it

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 12-21-14 07:19 AM CT (US)     280 / 476  
*cracks neck*

Right, let's get this over with.

SONIC RAINBOOM

The last time in recent memory someone made a wordplay based on the term "Sonic boom"... it didn't go too hot. Well, I have low expectations already, so how could this possibly be a disappointment? Let's find out.

0:00 - 0:15
"Loss of control..."
"Screaming and hollering..."
"...Passion."
Don't take that outta context.

0:24
"You're gonna cheer for me like that?"
Well, there's also my approach... "Woo hoo. You go girl. Show 'em who's boss. Yeah."

0:36
"Too loud?"
Yes. I could still hear you.

1:55
Ah, the figure-8 thing. She really is Sonic.

2:26
Does she always come in through ceilings, walls, windows or just about anywhere except the door? >_>

4:09
"I could do Sonic Rainbooms in my sleep!"
Yes. In your dreams, to be precise.

4:23
"Yay."
Is this going to be a running gag? Because it's not all that funnpffffhaHAHAHAHA
Okay. I give. You got me this time. I can't even truly explain it... but I laughed a bit. (+5)

DING-DING-DING
For the first time ever, the score balance is currently above zero! Not by a broad margin, but it counts.
Let's see how long this lasts.

4:36
"I need a cheering section to match my spectacular performance."
Going at the speed of ego.

4:40
"She's practiced that move a hundred times and she's never even come close to doing it."
Gee. For being so shy, she sure is quick to start gossiping behind others' backs.

5:26
"How'd you do that?"
"It landed on my face when Rainbow Dash knocked me into the bookcase."
The contrived convenience to end all contrived conveniences.

7:20
"Rainbow Crash!"
That has already gotten old. >_>

7:30
"Just because you failed the Sonic Rainboom a hundred thousand times in practice..."
Just a minute ago you said it was a hundred times. This is not the correct situation to use hyperboles.

8:07
Oh fvck no don't tell me
As if Rarity wasn't vain enough. >_>

8:55
"...So I found an easier spell that lets the rest of us walk on clouds!"
Are you kidding me? That's just-
Ugh. Just a couple minutes ago they were making fun of contrived conveniences, and now they do it themselves. (-5)

*clicks stopwatch*
4 minutes, 32 seconds. Not bad. But not good enough.

9:20 - 9:24
"Here it is! The greatest city in the sky!"
Ya think you could stow some more redundant pillar rows in there? >_> (-2)

9:28
Narcissus. Down to the fifth circle you go.

9:35
Wait wait wait a minute. Back up a sec.
That there is a picture of a high-heel boot. How exactly would that fit a hoof? (-2)

9:42
Hope that jackhammer wasn't important... Because theeeere it gooooooes... (why do you need jackhammers for clouds anyway?)

9:56
"I'm sure they can't get worn out from... too much attention."
You're trying REALLY hard to be the most dislikeable character imaginable, aren't you?

10:05
They seem to be consuming more weather than they're producing...

10:10
"This is where they make the snowflakes. Each one is hoof-made. As you can see, it's a delicate operation."
It's kinda funny; the writers obviously added in this detail to adhere to the realism of snowflakes (each one being unique and all), and in doing so, they absolutely kill the realism of this factory's efficiency. How do you get ANYWHERE at this work rate? (-5)
Not to mention, those are absolutely HUGE for snowflakes.

10:31
"We better move on before Rarity ruins winter and causes a drought."
Rarity, your ego literally causes potential national disasters. You're more than deserving of circle six. >_>

10:53
"Yeah... Rainbows aren't really known for their flavor."
Are they taking a jab at Skittles or what?

11:09
"Yeah! Rainbow... *long pause* ...Crash!"
The guy before you literally said it out loud a second ago. This goes beyond dumb. Do you have Alzheimers or something? You should get that checked out, you know. (-1)

12:15
"How can you ask me to put away PERFECTION?"
Yep, narcissism in it's purest form. Didn't even bother to hide it.

12:50
"Perhaps I should compete."
Seventh circle. And consider yourself lucky, because if I kept up with the proper symbolism she'd go straight to circle nine like all traitors.

15:02
"Doing fifteen barrel rolls in a row can't be easy!"
If I find out those were actually aileron rolls I'm gonna throw a fit.

15:22
*pauses video*

It...
It never ceases to amaze me.
You can put THIS much effort in looking good... and yet turn out so absolutely terrifying.

I'm gonna need a sec.

Okay. I'm ready. I think.

15:58 - 16:03
You know, I really doubt having wings means you can just dance in thin air. I mean, you can almost see the invisible surface the animators were going with. That's just lazy. (-5)

17:00 - 17:10
It's a competition. Why do you have time to hang about and talk to yourself for ten seconds or so? (-2)

17:46
Ohhhhhh... IT'S A PARALLEL TO ICARUS. How did I not see this coming? (+5)

18:00 - 18:02
You incompetent buffoons. If you're such good flyers, why did none of you think to maybe approach her from below? Or from the side? Or anywhere except straight into her flailing hooves? (-5)

19:12
"You saved my life!"
"Oh yeah... I did that too."
Yeah, Rarity is alive. Who even cares?
Except me, because now I have to look at her ugly mug some more.

20:31
Wouldn't you want to put that on behind your ears so it doesn't immediately fall off?

20:43
"But I think Rarity learned even more than me."
Basically the moral of the story is "Don't be Rarity".
I'll keep that in the back of my head.

21:27
"Sorry boys.. But I've got plans."
And then they had sex.
(Couldn't resist.)

So yeah, I suppose that episode wasn't too bad, I mean-

Final score: -17

...Wwwwwow. That is a massive improvement over last episode. I mean, it's still hardly enjoyable, but it's definitely getting there.

Good, looks like I can go another day without resorting to attempting suicide. There is hope yet. Don't fail me now.

posted 12-21-14 07:33 AM CT (US)     281 / 476  
YAY! We broke -20!

Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
posted 12-21-14 08:40 AM CT (US)     282 / 476  
Someone's warming up. I can hear the ice melting around your pony heart Sipia.

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
posted 12-21-14 08:45 AM CT (US)     283 / 476  
Or maybe that's just what remains of my sane mind finally breaking down.

Either way, we'll soon see where this takes me.

posted 12-21-14 08:58 AM CT (US)     284 / 476  
Can I ask where you're looking these episodes up?

Maybe I'd like to rewatch the classics myself.

posted 12-21-14 08:59 AM CT (US)     285 / 476  
...I'm not even gonna bother using the "Let me Google that for you" thing.

Seriously, I just enter the episode title in and -woosh-, there ya go. Click the first video you see.

posted 12-21-14 09:02 AM CT (US)     286 / 476  
Yay!

But we'll know you've converted once you say you love Rarity. <_<

posted 12-21-14 09:06 AM CT (US)     287 / 476  
You are trying my patience. >_>

posted 12-21-14 09:27 AM CT (US)     288 / 476  
Isn't that why I'm here?

posted 12-21-14 11:31 AM CT (US)     289 / 476  
"Sorry boys.. But I've got plans."
And then they had sex.
(Couldn't resist.)
Rainbow Dash brings all the stallions and mares to her sweet ass cloud boudoir.

Seriously, it's fricken awesome.

[This message has been edited by Vinyl (edited 12-21-2014 @ 11:34 AM).]

posted 12-21-14 12:05 PM CT (US)     290 / 476  
By the by: I updated the topic post to include a handy-dandy list.

posted 12-21-14 09:58 PM CT (US)     291 / 476  
Oh, if only this was series of videos in YouTube you would be popular, Sipia. Seriously.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 12-22-14 10:07 AM CT (US)     292 / 476  
There probably are "Angry Anti-Brony Watches MLP" videos... which are probably huge with Bronies.

posted 12-22-14 10:37 AM CT (US)     293 / 476  
...And every single one of those videos probably have comments claiming they're actually Bronies in denial.

posted 12-22-14 11:35 AM CT (US)     294 / 476  
Because EVERYONE is a Brony in denial...

Especially the open Bronies. <_<

posted 12-22-14 11:58 AM CT (US)     295 / 476  
Because EVERYONE is a Brony in denial...
I vehemently deny that.

posted 12-22-14 12:21 PM CT (US)     296 / 476  
Okay. Everyone except Sipia is a Brony in denial. Especially the open and proud Bronies.

posted 12-22-14 12:38 PM CT (US)     297 / 476  
Okay. Everyone except Sipia is a Brony in denial.
Good, glad we're on the same paWAAAAAIT A MINUTE

posted 12-22-14 02:39 PM CT (US)     298 / 476  
And the only reason you're excluded is that you're not a Brony... you're a Pony. <_<

But that's why we all love you so much!

posted 12-22-14 04:35 PM CT (US)     299 / 476  
But what kind of pony is Sipia?

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 12-22-14 04:46 PM CT (US)     300 / 476  
A very grumpy one. >_>

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 12-22-2014 @ 04:47 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 19  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » The story of how Sipia went insane
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames