Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The story of how Sipia went insane
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 19  Next Page »
posted 10-02-14 02:10 PM CT (US)   
So... You have come to hear the tale of how I lost my marbles.

And if you didn't, why'd you open this thread? C'mon man, it's in the freaking title. You're not very good at reading, are you?

*ahem*

Anyway, before I begin, I must warn you that this delves quite a bit into my past, and thus you may not look at me the same way again after reading this. I dunno, I've never been good at predicting other people's reactions to what I say, but I figured I'd just throw that out there.

So, enough beating around the bush. Let's get to it.

This story takes us back to spring of 2000. Yeah, remember that time? Well I don't, because I was three years old at the time. I still know the exact date, though. How, you ask? Because that's the birthday of my only sibling, my younger brother.

Now, before I proceed, a quick disclaimer: I love my brother and wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. Don't let anything I'm about to say misguide you.

That said, there's two things you need to know about my brother. The first thing became apperent immediately after his birth, or even a little while before that; he wasn't entirely... normal, so to speak. He had an extra chromosome in his 21st pair, a condition we usually refer to as down syndrome. To go on top of that, he has dyspraxia, a neurological disorder that hampers his learning in finer movement and speech- which indirectly means that he learns everything even slower than the average down syndrome child, since it can take quite some time to get him to understand something. It's a very odd experience to have a brother like that, because you don't really get to play the usual big brother role. I can't help him with his problems, our levels of comprehension are leagues apart which only gets worse over time, you can't really have an in-depth conversation with him (he understands simple yes/no questions most of the time, but even then we can never be sure), you can't play games together (unless you like intentionally losing at memory card games)...

But I'm getting off track. Where was I?

Ah, yes. The second thing you need to know about my brother that's relevant to this story is something I learned when he turned two years old. You see, as it turned out, he freakin' loves watching television. When he discovered it, he would do nothing but watch tv for hours on end. Of course, I was still five, so I wasn't much different. But as I moved on to other things- video games, primarily- he stuck to watching tv, day in, day out.

Now on to the kicker. What happens when you put these two factors together? Very slow learning plus love for tv shows... It means that he's easily satisfied with watching the same episode of a show twice in a row. Or three times. Or four. Or five. Or maybe just fifteen. It just doesn't bore him. He accumulates new information so slowly that the repetition just doesn't bother him. But that's not all. Most kids, when they grow older, start watching new shows to accomodate for their psychological aging. My brother, however, ages very, very... very slowly. And as such, he doesn't need to watch new shows. The old ones will do fine. You wanna know how bad it is? I remember it even now, the show that he first started watching when he turned two. So many years did that show entertain him to no end. How many years exactly? I don't know! Because he still watches it to this day. I can hear it as I write, in fact.

Do you realise how excrucatingly dull it is to a developing mind like mine to be fed the same information year after year after year? It's been twelve years, and he just won't. stop. watching that show. Thankfully, he started watching other shows over the years (for the same target age as the first one, mind), but that's only temporary mercy; those too got engraved into my skull from sheer repetition in time.

What didn't help either is that my brother just plain ol' loves playing music as loud as possible. And that's really, really loud. My parents and I have warned him so many times that he'll make himself deaf one of these days, but he's just too stubborn to listen. His music can be heard loud and clear everywhere in the house, and I'm pretty sure the neighbours can join in the fun too. I stupidly sank some of my hard-earned money into speakers when I bought this computer, which I don't ever get to use because I have to use this headset at all times if I want to hear anything at all. Do you know why I can only use my mic during skype calls at very specific times? Because those are the times that my brother isn't around! It'd be utterly impossible to make myself comprehensible over that volume, not to mention that it would disrupt the conversation entirely.

It also clears up why I don't seem to have watched any movies, like, at all. The tv is always occupied during the day. And when my brother goes to bed, my parents are just about dying to plop down on the couch and watch whatever. I'm fine with that, I can amuse myself with video games just as well, but watching tv is just never an option, unless I'm sick or home alone (or both). We have other tvs, of course, but those don't watch comfortably and have pretty tiny screens, being pretty cheap and just placed wherever there's space (like, just below the ceiling in the corner so you have to crane your neck up to see it).

Oh, and it's always christmas over here. And Sinterklaas too. He hopes that listening to those songs every day will make the day where presents suddenly materialise on the doorstep come faster. We already explained to him that it doesn't work like that, but he's stubborn as a mule, I tell you. I kinda find it funny when people complain over hearing christmas songs a month or two early, or that neighbour who neglected to put down his decorations until mid-february. Welcome to my world. Falalalala la-fvckin'-la.

Now you're probably wondering to yourself: "But how does this all connect to your relentless, black hatred for MLP and bronies?" Well, you see, I try my best to ignore my brother's music and shouting (yeah, he likes singing along. And combine that with his poor speech...), by distracting my mind with something else. Like, say, play video games, browse the internet... But then I encounter a group of people who are... you guessed it... completely obsessed with another. Fvcking. Kid's show. Do you have ANY idea how annoying it is to think you finally escaped something that chronically torments you, and then this happens? There's no place in heaven high where I may crawl away and die... And it doesn't help that bronies are ab-so-lute-ly EVERYWHERE. Like, if they fit in my kitchen cupboards, I bet I'd find them there too.

So I try to contain them somewhere where I won't have to see them constantly, but of course, if bronies are not discussing MLP, they're trolling people. And thus the struggle of the ages began, neither side willing to back down. It looks like I finally managed to get the situation under control, and ultimately I even had some fun crossing blades with Moff along the way.

But besides annoying me, there's one more thing about bronies that ticks me off... And that is that they baffle me. They defy everything I know. After so many years, it has become quite apperent to me that kid's shows are where writers are dumped who have absolutely NO creative flair; where failed careers are dragged towards and then shot. That's the only explanation! They all copy each other, never trying anything new, just dumping whatever wacky ideas they have, tack some trite morals about friendship and helping each other onto it, and boom! It doesn't MATTER that it's not creative, because the target audience doesn't have any experience in media and thus has no taste for quality. They'll eat anything up you'll throw at them. I mean, it's not like there's people who are forced to analyze our low-effort garbage day after day for twelve years, right? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... hah.

So how come that bronies not only willingly watch crap like that, but like, nay, love it? En masse? How?! You can't call such a large group a fluke succes. How?! If this many people found a quality in kid's shows that I couldn't find in twelve years, then what does that make me? I don't. Flippin'. Get it.

*pant* *pant* *pant*

So I'm stuck here, probably going to watch kid's shows some more for the next five years or so. Autism's a bitch, you look up to life changes such as living by yourself like a brick wall. I need to build up to that, school already provides me with a lot of stress. Until then... *sigh* I guess we go find out why it's so fun to have friends by your side. And then we'll do it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.

And tomorrow we'll do it alllll over again! Nighty-night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, because I'm a complete idiot, I agreed to watch six episodes of MLP, so that I can say I gave it an honest try and so I can show exactly why I believe it sucks balls. After four episodes, I sold my soul for a free copy of Kerbal Space Program and am now obliged to watch another eight episodes on top of that (for a total of fourteen). If you're interested in seeing a crazy person scream at his monitor because people on the internet told him to stare at cartoon ponies for a few hours, keep reading.

Episodes reviewed:

Friendship is Magic, Part One
Fremdshep is Stoopid Mahjick, Part Too
The Ticked Master
Suited for Success
Feeling Pinkie Keen
Sonic Rainboom
Party of One
The Best Night Ever
Return of Harmony, Part One
Rhuturn ov Hawrmonee, Part Too
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
A Canterlot Wedding, Part One
A Kenterlawt Wuddin, Part Too
Winter Wrap up

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 03-21-2015 @ 09:40 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-03-15 06:35 PM CT (US)     351 / 476  

Pinkie disagrees with you. And... Applejack, apparently.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 01-03-15 06:44 PM CT (US)     352 / 476  
How do you like your apples? I like them peeled.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
posted 01-03-15 06:44 PM CT (US)     353 / 476  
Sooooo... any other games you'd like? <_<

>_>

Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
posted 01-03-15 06:49 PM CT (US)     354 / 476  
Before I consider metaphorically hitting myself in the balls again, I'd first like to get over the pain of the first time, thank you very much. >_>

posted 01-03-15 07:20 PM CT (US)     355 / 476  
No, because then the memory of the pain will fade... so when it returns, you will be doubly-shocked by the intensity.

posted 01-11-15 10:51 AM CT (US)     356 / 476  
*foggily stares in a mirror*

'Cmon. You're the strong one. You can't let them beat you. It's only a kid's show. It cannot hurt you. Man up and get at it.

...Okay, GO!

THE BEST NIGHT EVER

Well, with a title like that, how could this episode be anything short of a disaster?

0:10
"Pinkie, please stop shouting!"
This.

0:49
Turning ridiculousness into an art form.

1:00
And now mice... Ah, I see where this is going. Well, too bad, because those glass shoes won't fit any of you equines. *raspberry*

1:06
Wait, wait, what?
...So the intelligent equines use unintelligent equines which are actually shapeshifted mice to pull their carriages.
There's something very wrong in this situation, but I'm unable to pinpoint it.

1:40
Oh, I see. So that's why we've rarely seen any male ponies around. THEY'VE ALL BEEN ENSLAVED BY THE MATRIARCHY
TO THE UNDERGROUND HIDEOUTS
Seriously though, wtf? The only times I've seen any male characters so far, they're either complete dumbass side characters (Spike), barely sentient (Big Mac), as intelligent and colorful as a brick (those construction workers in Sonic Rainboom), hallway decoration (guards), and now these two are just dumb muscle. I'm not about to go all political correctness mode, but they're making it tremendously obvious that this was made for and by females through and through. And that's what I like to call alienating. (-10)

2:21
Well then again, it's not like the female characters have that much dimension either.

2:25
...Barring that exception.

3:31
Oh, so they do have thoughts.

3:35
"If you weren't friends with our neighbor Rarity... Hmph."
No thoughts of remote value, though.

3:52
Please note; the carriage right behind them is also pulled by two nondescript, blank-expression stallions. The very same stallions, in fact; they've just swapped positions and have a different color scheme. (-5)

3:57
...But... but how?

4:06
Yes yes, fantastic, I've already seen that.

4:16
"...The best night ever!"
AHAHAHA SHE SAID THE EPISODE TITLE

4:19
BLARGH
Suddenly song in my face. (-10)
I guess I should've expected that one.

4:57
Let's see, two, four, six obvious recolors. They didn't even bother making butt tattoos for all of them. (-2)

6:43
"This will be the best night ever!"
AHAHAHA THEY SAID THE EPISODE TITLE AGAIN

6:53
"...And have the best night ever!"
Ahaha... ha. Okay, I'm done now.

7:08 - 7:11
"To meet!"
"To sell!"
"To find!"
"To prove!"
"To whoop!"
"To talk!"
To rage!

7:27
"This is gonna be the best night ever! You know why?"
-Yes, you just spent an entire song hammering it in.

8:42
"I think she's calling to me!"
No, that's just the local rapist. [/dark comedy]

9:00
"Ya hungry?"
"As a horse!"
*laugh track*

10:25
For fvcks sake, has there not been enough singing this episode? (-5)
...Only five points off. Guess I've hardened at this point.

11:28
...Oh my God, it is the local rapist! 0_0

13:32
Okay, so they foreshadowed this episode for the sole intent of having it turn out to not be as amazing as the characters thought it would be. Cool and all...
I just somehow find it extremely difficult to care where they're going with this.

14:05
...I just noticed; are those stunt fliers, or whatever they're supposed to be, really going through this entire gala in flight costume? Or were they just too lazy to make a new model? (-1)

15:14
Ah. She's going to sing again.
My mind appears to have gone numb. Poke me when she's done... *headdesks*

17:09
"I'm going to have to pay, aren't I."
Well, you ordered, didn't you? >_>

17:58
Would you like some bread and butter to go with all of that ham?
...Still, we finally have some character development! I've been waiting for that. (+5)

19:00
"Yes! This is my chance!"
And then Rainbow was inpaled by the falling statue's horn, the end.

19:06
Aww.

19:28
"Well, it can't get any worse..."
Oh, you're not even close to rock bottom... but definitely getting there.

19:37
"You're going to LOVE ME!"
*hides under desk*
I... dropped my pen... <_<' '>_> (+2)

19:55
Well shit, just had to complete the Cinderella reference, didn't you?

20:27
"That sounds like the worst night ever."
"It was!"
*collective laughter*
...I fail to comprehend the humor of the situation. (-1)

20:37
"That was the best Grand Galloping Gala ever!"
Wow, low standards.

20:50
"That's why I was thrilled you were all attending."
Yet you originally only sent two tickets. Troll. >_>

21:28
"The best night ever! Ahahaha!"
...Heeeeey, that's my line!

So basically, moral of the story is that hanging out with friends > hanging out with strangers. Yeah, ok, cool story and all, but how do you get new friends in the first place? You can *always* hang out with your friends, but this party is apparently extremely exclusive. So the message of this episode boils down to "Well, that sucked!"
...Agreed! (-10)

Final score: -37

I... Look, I'm near the point of giving up all hope. I'm just going to sit through the rest of the episodes and pray that something makes this less of a waste of my time. I hope you people still find my rambling entertaining, and I really hope any of the next episodes are actually worth watching, because the knife-in-eye-socket alternative is looking increasingly alluring.

And I'm still not a single step closer to understanding what Bronies are on about. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT

posted 01-11-15 10:56 AM CT (US)     357 / 476  
I know what will help. Don't edit; it's therapeutic.

And obviously, you are not opening your mind sufficiently. <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff (edited 01-11-2015 @ 11:03 AM).]

posted 01-11-15 11:11 AM CT (US)     358 / 476  
But seriously... the next episode will help things pick up. Even for you. But you must watch them together. And I'd suggest a little Star Trek: The Next Generation beforehand, too.

posted 01-11-15 11:15 AM CT (US)     359 / 476  
Don't edit; it's therapeutic.
It says "Sparta remix". I know exactly what it's going to be. It is not therapeutic.
And obviously, you are not opening your mind sufficiently. <_<
If I open it any wider it's going to split open like a chestnut. >_>
But you must watch them together.
I dunno about that... but we'll see.
And I'd suggest a little Star Trek: The Next Generation beforehand, too.
Not going to happen. I have to maintain my perfect ignorance for popular TV culture.

posted 01-11-15 11:17 AM CT (US)     360 / 476  
It's okay, TNG is now almost 30 years old.

posted 01-11-15 11:31 AM CT (US)     361 / 476  
I feel sorry for Sipia's sense of dignity. It's been so brutalised by this rubbish.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 01-11-15 11:53 AM CT (US)     362 / 476  
The fact that I agreed to this in the first place means that something must've been off about my sense of dignity to begin with.

posted 01-11-15 11:55 AM CT (US)     363 / 476  
This is dangerous for you, Sipia. You must be strong. Don't let the propaganda take you in! Always remember that ponies are not suitable for sexual intercourse with humans, and to even entertain the notion is psychologically abnormal!

posted 01-11-15 12:00 PM CT (US)     364 / 476  
Then he should be entertained... we're all abnormal.

But thou shalt not clop lest thou invokest the wrath of Moff. <_<

posted 01-11-15 12:34 PM CT (US)     365 / 476  
Then he should be entertained... we're all abnormal.
If we are all abnormal, is abnormality not normal, and thus definitively self-destructed?

posted 01-11-15 12:35 PM CT (US)     366 / 476  
Oh wait, I got it, those who do not conform to abnormality are abnormal!

... What?

posted 01-11-15 12:38 PM CT (US)     367 / 476  
What you need to understand is that "normal" people don't truly exist, as everyone is abnormal in a way. Such a "normal" person would therefore be highly abnormal. Therefore normal equals abnormal and abnormal equals normal. Up is down and left is right.

posted 01-11-15 12:42 PM CT (US)     368 / 476  
Well, you see, that may look like it makes sense, but it actually doesn't.

As it's established that normal and abnormal have in fact swapped definitions, they may as well not, if you know what I mean.

posted 01-11-15 12:48 PM CT (US)     369 / 476  
...I've turned you all into Pinkie. Dammit.

posted 01-11-15 08:04 PM CT (US)     370 / 476  
Hey guys, what's go-ing... on...

Uh... what?

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 01-11-15 08:29 PM CT (US)     371 / 476  
*sends strength rays to Sipia so he can muster the willpower to survive the rest of the episodes*

Don't give up, I'm having a good time reading your reviews

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 01-12-15 08:02 AM CT (US)     372 / 476  
Indeed; it's quite fun.

posted 01-17-15 05:35 PM CT (US)     373 / 476  
On a note related to this thread somewhere... Sipia, I have a challenge for you:

posted 01-17-15 06:11 PM CT (US)     374 / 476  
I suppose the quicker I get this done, the sooner I can move on with my life.

RETURN OF HARMONY, PART ONE

...The harmony was gone to begin with? Okay, I'll just roll with it...

0:11
"That one over there represents friendship."
Brilliant. Riveting. Amazing. How'd they come up with that one?

0:16
"All right, my little ponies!"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

0:20
"Coool... If you were actually victory-ful at something!"
SICK BURN

0:37
"What do you notice about it?"
That whoever chiseled it was on drugs.

1:20
"...You three have demonstrated discord so well that you're each going to write me an essay explaining it!"
I already hate you, teach. >_>

1:36
Could this be FORESHADOWING?
...Naaaaaaah (-1)

2:53
Wait, whut? Corn? Applejack IS GROWING SOMETHING OTHER THAN APPLES? :0

3:00
"Ah mean... Chocolate milk? Chocolate milk rain?"
Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

3:48
"I've learned a new spell that'll fix everything!"
I doubt it, seeing as we've still got over 18 minutes on the clock.

4:33
Oh yes, lasso the clouds, why not? Sky's the limit! Literally!

4:38
"Hey, what happened?"
Diabetes, at the rate you're eating.

5:02
"You should never give up. There's nothing we can't overcome if we all work together!"
It's far too early for the trite moral-of-the-story, dear. >_> (-5)

5:42
"I've called you here for a matter of great importance."
Oh, I thought you express summoned them to you for something trivial. *rolls eyes*

5:48
"It seems an old foe of mine- someone I thought I had defeated long ago- has returned."
...Again... >_> (-1)

6:42
"Hey, look! We're famous!"
Well, since they seem to have a stained glass window for fvcking everything, I'd say hardly.

6:53
"...it is you who now wield their power, and it is you who must defeat Discord!"
That sure is convenient for the writers!

7:06
"Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. CHOCOLATE. RAIN."
**I move away from the screen to groan.

8:24
...Ah.
This guy.
I was wondering when he would hit the scene.
Not if. When. It was inevitable. Because Bronies just can't seem to stop fangasming over him.
I've got high expectations. Do not disappoint me. ((Multiplier: any points added or subtracted related to Discord are multiplied by 2.)

8:26
"It's quite lonely being imprisoned in stone. But you wouldn't know that, would you? Because I don't turn ponies into stone..."
Hmmm. I always had a fondness for the trickster-magician villain archetype, and right off the bat, he makes an undeniably valid argument rather than just making him a "MWAHAHA LOOK AT HOW EVIL I AM" strawman like last time. I like it. (+5 x 2 = +10)

10:23
"Good luck, my little ponies."
AHAHAHAHAKILLMEAHAHAHAHA

11:04
They still just had to have the whole laughter-and-thunder-claps thing, though... >_> (-1 x 2 = -2)

11:20
"You see, this is the first rule of our game: no flying... and no magic."
He says as he flies about and uses magic.
This sort of messes up the entire character. He's obviously powerful enough to defeat the protagonists instantly if he wanted to, but he sets up this whole "game" for his own amusement. So why is he so blatantly ignoring his own rules? Wouldn't breaking the rules later on mess with their heads more, after it's been established that he's following them? It's like setting up a pitfall trap, only to then uncover it right away instead of waiting for your target to fall into it. (-5 x 2 = -10)
Bah, he was off to a good start, but now he's losing his advantage fast.

13:09
"What's gonna come of this here mission we're on?"
....Orrrrr you could ask them the way to the center, so they can't possibly twist words. >_>

14:32
"Come on, Twilight! Applejack wouldn't lie."
Except when it's about birthday parties.

15:08
"Its different! They're laughing at me."
Wait, hold the phone.
So all that weird behavior, those ridiculous costumes, those annoying songs... All of that was not to get people ponies, whatever to laugh at you?

15:43
"And here I thought laughter made you happy."
"Happy? I don't think so."
Now you finally feel what I've been feeling every time you appear on-screen.

17:07 - 17:25
...So, uhm...
What's the difference?
No, seriously. Besides the obvious hallucinating, I don't notice a single discrepancy between Rarity's personality before and after. (-5)
I guess she already was rotten to the core.

18:49
"OHH, FOR GOODNESS' SAKE."
...I'm conflicted. On one hand, I've always found it funny when the manipulator is so stumped that they decide to just go with the brute-force method. On the other hand, this is a hideous waste of potential character development, and God knows Fluttershy can use every bit of that she can get. I mean, are they really suggesting that her character is so flawless it can't be manipulated? Because if so, they're dead. wrong. (+1 x 2 - 5 = -3)
Huh... my point system sure is getting colorful. And convoluted.

19:02
Ah yes, and the opposite of kindness is cru-

Here we go.

20:24
"Cloudsdale... crumbles... without me."
So let me get this straight: Discord is trying to subvert Rainbow's loyalty (still not really convinced of that, by the way) by reinforcing a different kind of loyalty.
I mean, you have this many weaknesses in Rainbow's character to choose from, and you go for... Just why? (- 2 x 2 = -4)

20:50
Ohhhh. Rarity, hypnotized or not, that is a bitch move. Eighth circle of hell. I even got you a handbasket.

21:18
"Well, well, well! Somepony broke the "No wings, no magic" rule!"
...And the "everypony must play" rule... I'd say that one is more obvious. >_>

21:27
"Game's over, my little ponies!"
AH HAH HAH
HA
HAH
HA
LETHAL INJECTION GOES HERE
HAH
HA

Final score: -21

...Not terrible, I guess. Moving on.

posted 01-17-15 06:11 PM CT (US)     375 / 476  
...Encore!

RHUTURN OV HAWRMONEE, PART TOO

I can already tell that this is going to be the last time I watch two episodes in a row. It makes for quick progress, but this terrible feeling of fatigue is simply not worth it.

0:01
Oh, no need for the recap. It's far too recent in memory for my liking.

2:20
"*I'm* not playing fair? Perhaps we haven't met. I'm Discord, spirit of disharmony and chaos... Helloooo?"
Yeah, yeah. But then again, it doesn't count as chaos if you were being a cheating bastard from the beginning. That's a pattern, doing exactly what is expected the whole way.

3:38
...As I feared. Once again, a pattern != chaos. Just because there's now dot and checker patterns everywhere doesn't mean it's chaotic! The only thing that counts as chaotic in this picture is the floating islands and buildings, since that objectively causes disarray due to being unable to reach them. All the rest is just different from normal, which is not chaos on it's own.
Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. (- 2 x 2 = -4)

4:00
"Wooow, I can see so much better now."
Sarcasm =/= lying, by the way... >_>

4:04
STRIKE

4:25
"This may look like fun, but it's not."
The writers and animators demonstrating that they're unable to write/animate Pinkie as anything other than her usual, wacky self, even if they tried.
That is not a good thing. It shows they're getting stuck in patterns. (- 5)

5:15
"I hate libraries."
And now she's Francis from Left 4 Dead. Goodie.

5:23
"Forget it, Twilight. I know what you're up to."
Though greed and paranoia often go hand in hand, they're not the same thing. (-1)
Good God, we're just over five minutes in and I've already had to make three of these pedantic corrections.

5:56
"What'd you do that for, Fluttershy?"
"Cause you just looked so peaceful."
Jesus. They're more than capable of completely rewriting Fluttershy, though. (+1)

7:10
"No, but if you want it, I want it!"
Funny how the fashion-conscious one says that.

7:20
This library sure got a lot bigger all of a sudden.

8:18
"My friends... have turned into complete jerks!"
If you ask me, they were that from the start, it's just more noticeable now.

8:26
"And... big crown thing."
It's a tiara.

WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AM I CORRECTING A PURPLE MAGICAL UNICORN ON JEWELRY

8:40
"...Congratulations Spike, you're the new Rainbow Dash."
Aren't you supposed to be the smart one? It really doesn't take a genius to figure out that that's never going to work.

11:11
Oh, and there's the broken heart-shaped tear... Excuse me for a sec, I gotta go gag at the sheer cliché here. (-2)

11:14 - 11:29
Pure mood dissonance right here. We have sad Twilight shamefully walking home... And then there's all this shit going on that I'm not even gonna bother to describe. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but I was amused. (+2)

12:22
"Can't move... The princess has been sending these since I came back upstairs..."
Ah-hah. I knew that method of delivering letters isn't healthy.

13:00
Wait, wait, hold on. How would Celestia know to send those letters at exactly this moment? I mean, unless she knew exactly what was going to go wrong, and decided to wait for it to happen instead of warn Twilight or do something to prevent it, there is no-
...Holy Christ, she's willing to stake everything just to troll the living fvck out of her student.

13:15
"I told you that the future of Equestria didn't rest on me making friends, but the opposite is true!"
Whod've thunk it? EXCEPT ME, OF COURSE. (-5)
I mean, that line in the first episode was obviously planted there for the express purpose of proving it wrong later on. No, that is not clever writing. YOU GET NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY, SIR.

15:37
Oh good, Pinkie's back to normal too!
And by "Oh good" I mean "Oh fvck".

16:49
"I'm just wondering if it's okay if I hold you down against your will for a little bit."
Dear, you need to understand the meaning of "against your will".

17:40
"If you can't catch her, Discord wins!"
That, and Rarity and Pinkie will plummet to their death... But who even cares, right?

19:00 - 19:02
See, THAT'S chaos. (+1 x 2 = +2)

20:17
"No."
Yeah, you're boned.

20:24
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Sigh. Not even the embodiment of chaos can break this cliché. (- 2 x 2 = -4)

20:48
You could've at least struck a pose or flipped the double bird or something. That's what I would do.

So... He's a prankster with untold magical power, who has his sights set on taking control of everything so that he can twist it into his vision of entertainment. However, he often gets sidetracked by messing with the protagonists' heads, and loves nothing more than to manipulate others into doing his work for him. He permanently has a smug smile on his face, save for when he is finally defeated. He seems to have a penchant for checker patterns. He can appear in windows for no reason other than the aforementioned messing-with-heads. His magic area of expertise mainly focuses on illusions and hypnosis; he doesn't pose much of a threat in direct combat, but due to his manipulativeness that doesn't even matter to him. He's pretty much never seen walking, just standing, flying, hovering or teleporting, even though he has perfectly healthy legs. He tries to best the heroes by planning ahead and disabling their magical macguffins; it works at first, succesfully breaking their will, but due to an unforeseen turn of events the heroes manage to activate the macguffins anyway and thus he is defeated.

My point being, Discord bears a striking resemblance to Dimentio from Super Paper Mario. Everything I have just described applies to them both. Uncanny, isn't it? >_> (-5)

Final score: -21

Huh, would you look at that, -21 again. Well, it's at a stable rate, and it's not unbearable. Now if there could be some steady improvement, we'd be all good.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 19  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » The story of how Sipia went insane
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames