You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AD Artistic Screenshot Competition Winners!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 August 2004 09:27 AM EDT (US)   
Ambition Designs Presents
The Artistic Screenshot Competition Winners!

I am very happy to tell you that all thirty-nine pictures containing some of the most beautiful sceneries, towns, events and characters ever seen in the AoM Editor have been judged! They were all very high quality, but some of them really stood with head and shoulders above the others.

The 3rd place goes to one of the first screenshots that entered this contest, a screenshot illustrating the theme “loneliness”, a screenshot that’s brilliant for it’s simplicity, a screenshot by Shaduf from AoMH!

Third Place: Shaduf

Congratulations, Shaduf. You will soon be contacted about the address we need to send the mousepad to.

The 2nd place goes to a screenshot that received just one vote from the judges more than our 3rd place winner. Just like Shaduf’s, this screenshot illustrates the theme “loneliness”. However, instead of on a tropical island, the main character in this picture is trying to survive in a cold, snowy landscape. It is the screenshot sent in by Centurion_13, a member of AOMH and AD!

Second Place: Centurion_13

Well done Centurion, and for you counts the same: you will be contacted about the shipping address for your well-deserved reward!

The king of this screenshot competition has already been voted funniest member of AoMH, but apparently this isn’t his only quality. This funny guy sent in a screenshot illustrating the theme “longing”. It features an old man, stuck behind a barred window, who looks outside where a similar man is chilling out on the green grass. Is the imprisoned man dreaming of himself laying outside? Or does he envy his twin brother? Many interpretations of this screenshot are possible, but one thing is for sure: the theme “longing” cannot be illustrated better than with the situation this screenshot shows us. Combine this great theme with the natural looking mountains and the visual effect of the barred window, and the first place is totally deserved! Three of the judges have put this screenshot in their top 10 as number 1, and also in the other judges’ lists this screenshot wasn’t missing. It is the screenshot by Villi!

First Place: Villi

Congratulations, Villi, you now have another line to put in your signature! We will contact you about the shipping address.

Congratulations to all three winners, many thanks to all who entered, and many thanks to Kor, Silenced Disciple, LJC, Skydragon a.k.a. MythicNoob, and Auron for judging the screenshots. Many thanks aswell go to Jason a.k.a. Esus for dealing with the administrative work for this contest. Hopefully, a site where you can view all the entered screenshots will be up soon!

The awards for this contest have been generously put at our disposal by:
“Foute shirts” literally means “wrong shirts”, which points at their taste for shirts. It's a Dutch web company that offers various things next to shirts, either printed with one of the funny pictures and texts available, or with your custom print.

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 08-29-2004 @ 09:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 August 2004 09:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
The screenshots sure do look nice!
posted 29 August 2004 09:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
I came 2nd w00t, that is so cool. I would like to congratulate all other participants especialy, villi and shaduf I would like to thank the huskarl for enduring all that cold, the aom editor for making this possible, and all the little guys....oh wait there was none, well congrats I am looking forward to glidinng my mouse on my screenshot!
posted 29 August 2004 09:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
A very nice contest with some brilliant results! Certainly an asset for our community! Well done, to all who were involved!

*applause*

Archy, don't you like to publish all other screenshots, too? Either in link form and whispered or on a seperate website (AD?)?

posted 29 August 2004 09:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
Yay, I won .Thanks to the judges, ES, aom editor, th eold man........and...... everyone involved in the organising

I wanna see all screens to

I think FOG.

[This message has been edited by Villi (edited 08-29-2004 @ 09:43 AM).]

posted 29 August 2004 09:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
Go on, post the others!

- Hades Worshipper
posted 29 August 2004 09:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
Hey congrats everyone.

Quote:

a site where you can view all the entered screenshots will be up soon!

(¯`-.:=LJC=:.-´¯)
|Member of|Ambition Designs| & |TOAO Clan|
|Download|The Greek Dream|
|Check|F.A.Q|

[This message has been edited by LJC (edited 08-29-2004 @ 09:46 AM).]

posted 29 August 2004 09:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
Oops, I think I need some glasses, I missed something on LsoA aswell...

- Hades Worshipper
posted 29 August 2004 09:55 AM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
This is defoinantly going in my sig. I fully expected people like oscar to win this. its 11:55pm sunday night..school tomorow to excited to sleep
posted 29 August 2004 10:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
All of the screenshots are technically on a password protected website. We did wonder about letting the public release that site, but we couldn't because it includes every entrants email address in full view. We won't be responsible for publisising everybodies email address without their permission. I hope to get up a gallery of all the shots (appearing anomynously) so everybody can see. Until them, enjoy the current winners; to each of which I offer many congratulations, and a requent for photos of your mousemats

Come back strong like the powered-up pacman.
posted 29 August 2004 10:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
Congrats to all. Nice screens !

OØoøOؤESO-> Zillaman <-ESO¤ØOøoØO
..."Failure isn't defeat until you stop trying"...
..."Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday"...
posted 29 August 2004 12:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
you should include how many points first, second and third place got. also, what were the fourth and fifth places?

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 29 August 2004 12:30 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
It'd be nice to find 4th and 5th... But not get a prize.

- Hades Worshipper
posted 29 August 2004 12:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
really Artistic!
posted 29 August 2004 02:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
Uh, cool. when can we see all the entries?
posted 29 August 2004 03:24 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
@Auron: Nope, let's not put the point next to each screenshot.

@Ben: Ask Hades Worshipper if he could lend you his glasses.

Yes, a website will be up in some time containing all the screenshots.

posted 30 August 2004 01:25 AM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
cool... i didn't win though but i like centurions and villis.. wow thats amazing

(¯`·.¸¸.·>§σŕçęŕõŕ øƒ Σŕεbùś<·.¸¸.·´¯)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
posted 30 August 2004 06:33 AM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
Thank you all, I will be waiting the arrival of my prize
posted 30 August 2004 12:36 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
The mousepads still need to be printed, so it might take a while before you see them arriving. Don't fear, they'll come
posted 31 August 2004 03:48 AM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
Congrats to the winners!
I was a judge in this competition and must say that the qualities of the entrants was very high. I too am interested in seeing a list with all the points the entrants got, out of curioisity, or at least a top ten list of sorts. Good work screenshot makers!

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 31 August 2004 03:57 AM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
dam you kor.. you didn't vote for mine.. or did you

nah J/K i'm just playing

(¯`·.¸¸.·>§σŕçęŕõŕ øƒ Σŕεbùś<·.¸¸.·´¯)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
posted 31 August 2004 04:57 AM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
GOOD JOB! The screenshots look good and also have great depth and meaning. Congratulations to the winners, and good efforts from all those that participated.
*applause*

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
posted 04 September 2004 06:18 AM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
Congrats to all!
PS: I'm back! Anyone missed me?

-=Skycat=-
posted 04 September 2004 07:18 AM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
Hey! Where were you, Skycat? Glad to see you here . What's your campaign doing?
posted 04 September 2004 07:39 AM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
Welcome back skycat

@Whens the site with all the entrys going to be up?

posted 26 September 2004 07:44 AM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
The winner-screen is great, but what's with the other screenshots?
I also sent one, and it would be nice to see what ideas the others had.

member of the ~ Mythological World Designers ~
MWD English Forum

[This message has been edited by MWD_Thomas (edited 10-06-2004 @ 10:12 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AD Artistic Screenshot Competition Winners!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames