You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (Survey) What kind of (RPG) scenario would you play?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 14 November 2011 01:28 PM EDT (US)   

We make (RPG) scenarios for the community, we spend a lot of hours creating them, but we can't predict how many people of the community will play your scenario. That's what I want to change with a quick survey: I would like to know what kind of (RPG) scenario you would like to play. Just answer the following multiple choice questions and post your answers in a reply. I'll come to a conclusion when enough participants have taken the survey.

(RPG) Scenario Survey

1. What type of files/scenarios interest you most?
    1. Singleplayer scenarios

2. Multiplayer scenarios

3. Campaigns

4. Random Map Scripts

2. What's the maximum amount of time you want to spend playing a scenario?
    1. 15 minutes

2. 30 minutes

3. 60 minutes

4. 120 minutes

5. More than 120 minutes. It doesn't matter how long it takes for me to finish a scenario as long as it's enjoyable

3. What kind of scenarios do you enjoy most?
    1. RPGs

2. RP scenarios, like "Sims", "WRP", "Design your town", etc.

3. Escape/Survival scenarios

4. Build & Destroy scenarios, like "Build a Titan", "Mythodea", "Castle Blood", etc.

5. Minigames

6. Supremacy scenarios, like "Zelda", "Food Wood Gold", "Riv Civ", etc.

7. Tower Defense

8. Puzzle scenarios

9. Other, please specify

4. Why do you play scenarios online?
    1. I want to win against players from all over the world

2. I want to enjoy playing scenarios with other players

3. I like to play cooperative scenarios with other players

4. Other

5. What kind of RPG scenarios do you like most?
    1. Hack 'n Slash RPG scenarios (fight tons of enemies with standard attacks / special abilities)

2. Free-roaming RPG scenarios (create your own story)

3. Survival RPG scenarios (think of "Left 4 dead")

4. Strategy RPG scenarios (seriously hard battle encounters)

5. Dungeon RPG scenarios (throngs of monsters, powerful characters... it's all about getting the best "loot", the best hero statistics and reaching the highest level

6. What do you think is the most important thing in RPG scenarios? And the least important? Put the letters in order from most to least important.
    1. Storyline and Plot

2. Character Development

3. Music

4. Enjoyable Battle System

5. Map Design

6. Character Creation

7. Secrets, Dynamic Events and Sidequests

8. Puzzles

9. Replay Value

10. Different number of endings

11. Boss battles

12. Leveling and Loot

13. Crafting

14. Shops

7. How difficult should RPG scenario be?
    1. Dying in RPGs means the difficulty is too hard

2. Enemies shouldn't be hard to kill, only the bosses

3. All kind of enemies should be able to kill you if you're not careful

4. All enemies can use special abilities to kill you easily if you're not on your guard

8. How difficult should boss fights be?
    1. I shouldn't have to use any special abilities or tactics to kill a boss

2. I should be able to kill a boss easily when I use special abilities at the right times

3. You not only need special abilities to kill a boss, but you also need good tactics

4. You should kill a boss through trial and error: die, learn, load game, try again. A boss isn't a boss if you don't die

5. I hate boss fights...

9. How difficult should puzzles be?
    1. The solution should be simple

2. You can find the solution of a puzzle if you look hard enough

3. You have to find clues and then come up with a solution to solve a puzzle

4. Puzzles should be very hard to solve because only the brightest may claim the rewards

5. I hate puzzles...

10. What do you think of Hotkeys in a RPG scenario?
    1. I prefer to fight enemies with standard attacks and godpowers. No hotkeys please

2. I like to use hotkeys to cast my special character's abilities

3. I don't care

11. Would you play RPGs which require a mod to be installed on your PC?
    1. Yes

2. No

12. What do you think of RPGs where the camera focuses on your unit through the entire game?
    1. I like it. This way you can only see a small area around you which makes the experience more exciting

2. I hate it. I want to have an unlocked camera so I can move wherever I want with a single click

3. I don't care

13. How many dialogs would you like to see in a RPG?
    1. As few as possible. They are boring

2. Some of them. But only if they have something important to say

3. A lot of them. I want to know/experience everything that this RPG world has to offer

4. I don't care

I might update the survey if I can think of more questions.

Answer Template:

[*]1.
[*]2.
[*]3.
[*]4.
[*]5.
[*]6.
[*]7.
[*]8.
[*]9.
[*]10.
[*]11.
[*]12.
[*]13.

Thanks for your time

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 11-14-2011 @ 01:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 19 November 2011 01:46 PM EDT (US)     26 / 44  
1.A
2.E
3.A
4.C
5.B & D
6.E,A,D,K,B,G,J,C,L,N,H,M,I
7.B
8.C
9.C
10.B
11.B
12.A
13.C
posted 19 November 2011 07:59 PM EDT (US)     27 / 44  
Hey Lewonas, what are you gunna do with all this info? Are you gunna make a universal RPG and take all of our answers into account to make it? Cus that'd be hard.

I'm the he he ha ha hilarious Entertainer and Scenario Designer of Mythic Studios:Mythic StudiosYou better laugh at my jokes...
Expert n00b to modding alert!!!
Where's the beef!?!?!?
Silly Songs with Larry The Water Buffalo Song
Ain't No Mountain High Enough!
Like Fallout 3? Join my forum!Fallout 3 New Vegas
posted 19 November 2011 08:03 PM EDT (US)     28 / 44  
I'm sad how unpopular mods are. Why does nobody want to play with mods?
posted 19 November 2011 08:06 PM EDT (US)     29 / 44  
Here ya go:

• 1. B
  • 2. B/C
  • 3. A/G/H
  • 4. B/C
  • 5. B/C/D
  • 6. A/E/F/D/G/H/N/L/B/C/I/J
  • 7. C
  • 8. B
  • 9. C
  • 10. C
  • 11. B
  • 12. B
  • 13. B

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
  • posted 19 November 2011 08:34 PM EDT (US)     30 / 44  
    @L33TSKILLZ
    Because we already have mods installed, and so we have to get rid of that mod, put in the new mod, and then play the game. Then we get rid of the new mod and put in the old mod.
    posted 19 November 2011 08:37 PM EDT (US)     31 / 44  
    Lostrozzacavalli left??? Why? When?
    Aiiigh! I have been gone too long!
    posted 19 November 2011 08:44 PM EDT (US)     32 / 44  
    A
    C
    A but I like nearly any type as long as it has a story line.
    Never played a scenario online.
    B
    A I F C B J L D G H E K M N
    C
    B
    B
    A
    B
    C
    D
    posted 20 November 2011 08:33 AM EDT (US)     33 / 44  
    Yes, he didnt announce it on the forums, he just... left :/

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
    I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
    Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
    posted 20 November 2011 09:28 AM EDT (US)     34 / 44  
    I did notice his absence, but I thought he (and other ex-members) might be visiting this forum section every once in a while and stumble across this thread...... well... perhaps that's a bit unlikely
    Aiiigh! I have been gone too long!
    Indeed. I even forgot about you
    Hey Lewonas, what are you gunna do with all this info?
    1. I will compile a list of most popular answers

2. I will share this info with all of you

3. I hope that the answers to this survey will inspire people to create new (RPG) scenarios again now that they know what others like to see in a RPG

4. ... And there's something else

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
    Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
    posted 20 November 2011 12:04 PM EDT (US)     35 / 44  
    @youbar
    mods can be made to use a different exe or switched by changing one file, you could just use ykkrosh's shell or a modification of it.
    Even in the default game mods are easy to just comment with a character somewhere.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 11-20-2011 @ 12:07 PM).]

posted 20 November 2011 04:36 PM EDT (US)     36 / 44  
    @Lewonas This is an interesting read and I will newsie these once they are done, as it is something that might intrigue many designers that dont come to the forums.

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
    I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
    Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
    posted 21 November 2011 05:40 AM EDT (US)     37 / 44  
    Thanks, I think that is a great idea.

posted 21 November 2011 07:59 AM EDT (US)     38 / 44  
    This is actually really interesting yes, and if it would become a project I would be glad to help. I do very much modding, and I can model but not import or animate. Eyecandy & level design are my major strenghts, and some minor triggering can be done too, though I'm not a huge fan of it.

I'm getting ahead of myself here I see, but well, now you guys know.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
    posted 22 November 2011 04:01 AM EDT (US)     39 / 44  
    Eyecandy & level design are my major strenghts, and some minor triggering can be done too, though I'm not a huge fan of it.
    Heh, the complete opposite counts for me; triggering is my major strength, and I can do a bit of eyecandy / level design: I get easily bored if there's no triggering involved in only 30 minutes of work. As I always say: The more triggers, the better (you can notice this from my replies here on AoMH: when people need help to trigger something, I usually post a lengthy reply to show them how to do it).

posted 22 November 2011 05:46 AM EDT (US)     40 / 44  
    Heh, the complete opposite counts for me; triggering is my major strength, and I can do a bit of eyecandy / level design: I get easily bored if there's no triggering involved in only 30 minutes of work. As I always say: The more triggers, the better (you can notice this from my replies here on AoMH: when people need help to trigger something, I usually post a lengthy reply to show them how to do it).
    Well, I don't dislike triggers, when I start to work with them I tend to sit countless hours on new combinations and experiments, it's just that when it comes to really creating something useful I tend to bog myself down in these experiments. Also, I prefer to do many in-game functions like rpg skills, enemy behavior and stuff by modding, just to get it automated so that I don't have to trigger everything. But yeah, triggers are necessary, useful as hell and still really fun to work with.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
    posted 27 November 2011 12:58 PM EDT (US)     41 / 44  
    posted 28 November 2011 01:32 AM EDT (US)     42 / 44  
    Lewonas, are you going to compile the answers now?

It should help for my rpg.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 28 November 2011 09:03 AM EDT (US)     43 / 44  
    Yeah, I guess I could do it now. I was actually waiting for the twentieth participant, but, unfortunately, he couldn't find his way to this thread.

posted 28 November 2011 06:51 PM EDT (US)     44 / 44  
    THE THREAD IS UP RIGHT HERE. BEHOLD MY HTML MASTERPIECE. LOL

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » (Survey) What kind of (RPG) scenario would you play?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames