You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Unofficial Patch V1.5 - Plans and suggestions
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 93  Next Page »
posted 12-28-05 11:51 AM EDT (US)   
Note: This thread is meant to provide news about the progress of the v1.5 project. Suggestions are welcome, although more threads will be made in the future to make the information flow more fluent.
If at all possible, keep the thread a summary of ideas with a short explanation. Try and keep discussion on a topic minimal and make a thread and link to it, if you think your topic is up for discussion. Remember that suggestions are meant as a patch and the aim is wide acceptance by the AoW-community. This means that changes must be in line and compatible with existing maps and campaigns. In addition, gameplay changes should take Online, Play by Email and Single Player into account. This is different from a mod that is able to change large gaming concepts or is made for whomever is interested.

PLAN FOR UNOFFICIAL PATCH: VERSION 1.5

WHY DEVELOP AN UNOFFICIAL PATCH V1.5?
- To keep interest in Age of Wonders alive!!
- To keep improving aspects of the game.
- To keep the game interesting and dynamic on a competitive level.
- To dramatically improve the possibilities for mapmakers and modders.
- To enhance community involvement.

HOW CAN I HELP?
The development forums are here and everyone who wants to can sign up and contribute! Core members will be admitted by invitation only.

WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED?

Since the project isn't a financially sponsored or paid endeavour, we have no strict deadline. The patch will not be a rushed product and the necessary time will be taken to fix issues and thoroughly test balance changes. Delays are possible and may take as long as months.

EXPECTED RELEASE DATE:
Currrently undetermined

WHAT IS POSSIBLE?
The teammembers will consist of very able people in the modding/playing/mapmaking/writing world that are capable of working in teams. What is possible will largely depend on the qualities of the teammembers and rules we allow ourselves to break. Decisions regarding some of these issues, as you may understand, are not allowed to be discussed in public on these forums. Please email me at swolte at gmail dot com with questions regarding copyright, hacks, etc...

In terms of additions to the game, v1.5 will be much bolder than v1.4 was.

********************WHAT IS PLANNED SO FAR?********************
This list may be expanded.

CAMPAIGN + Campaign Editor (35% complete)
The campaign will consist out of many linked maps replacing the old campaign (yes, you will be able to switch back and forth). The basic campaign structure therefore is linear but the internal design will allow for as much (perhaps even more than expected...) freedom.
We'll also attempt a campaign editor that actually works so users can make campaigns themselves a lot easier

MORE BUGFIXES (80% complete)

Fixes

RACIAL BOATS/PIONEERS/MACHINES (55% complete)
v1.5 will be a bit bolder in the sense that we will add and replace some existing units. Perhaps only with a couple of races.
- Racial Boats
- Racial Machines
- Racial Pioneers
- Extra Builder unit at Mastery Guild for some Constructor races.

This picture shows Bilge rats (the new Goblin Transport 'boat') transporting nasty Goblins and Kobolds to the human wharf. The peasants and defending pikeman are fleeing for safety towards the old mining tunnel.

NEW HEROES FOR CLASS (80% complete)
This will be the biggest change planned as it will impact gameplay as well as game feel. The intention is to replace existing hero classes with unique graphics (keeping some, but replacing most...). We have decided to go for it, in full force.
Discussion here.

ADDITIONAL WIZARDS and ITEMS. (85% complete)
Some new items and Wizards will be added to the standard library. This means that these can now also show up in the Random Map Generator.

NEW MAPS. (30% complete)
These are maps that will come with the patch. They will show some of the new editor features that will otherwise not be available when playing the game.

This picture shows more water based tiles and units. The whirlpool can suck in even the giant seamonster. On land, there is a fortress holding many magical creatures. and a Seer sees trouble from afar, when a Spiked Maw is flinching its three large, and deadly spikes on his back

MORE NEW UNITS/STRUCTURES/TERRAIN. (80% complete)
Especially mapmakers and single-players will be treated the most with these additions. None of the existing possibilities will be altered or changed. These can be considered as bonuses and have no effect on playing existing maps. Mapmakers can add them at will, the advantage is that a lot of work by fans and hidden opportunities of mapmakers will now be directed supported and easily accessible by everyone.
- New units will also now be available in standard structures (as defenders or recruits), as spirit rewards/infidels.

NEW RACES + RACE SWITCHER (~ temporarily stopped ~)
Another ambitious project is the race switcher. This utility will let you play new races (also in rmg) at the cost of switching one.
Some new races planned:
- Demons
- Gnomes
- Beast
- Fairy
- Lizard

This will be the last priority. If the patch's release is delayed too much, we may opt to do this as a future add-on.

********************WHO WILL BE INVOLVED?********************
These teams will be elaborated as time goes on. This is the current status. Vacant positions will be posted in this thread.

Map Team
This team is the core design team for the campaign
- Morgul666
- Swolte
- A
- Enginerd
- Nyarlathotep
- Albaron

Graphics design Team
This team will create units and structures for the game!
- PawelS
- Swolte
- The_Groll
- Albaron
- Achilles Reborn
- Beastfeast
- TravisII
- MagicIceFlame

Technical Support
- PawelS

NOTES
- This patch will be larger in size than the previous one. For v1.4, size was a restriction for certain additions and for v1.5 we're gonna let that go completely. Especially now that we are adding movies to the Campaign, hitting 500 MB is possible.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 10-16-2011 @ 12:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-28-05 02:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2787  
Oh no here it comes again

Recolored heroes!

posted 12-28-05 02:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2787  
Most of my suggestions are to do with units and terrain, as I don't know much about balance or coding, and am not even going to try to talk about them..

Anyways, I hope I can contribute somehow to this patch(if it ever is released)!

-'dark area' tiles for wasteland & shadowland, as they're the only ones that don't have them. IMO, neither terrain is all *that* dark, and it'd be nice to not have these tiles deleted when you're painting areas over with different terrains just to see what happens...
-On another note, I'd like to see some more shadowland terrains, and more structure recolors for every terrain(including, if possible, some of the original structures. I find it kind of hard to believe that a Frostling city can remain snowy in the freakin' desert.)

-Heroes like the Dark Elves' spider, and the Draconians' lizard are awesome! But the good races didn't get *any* of these. Would like to see some special heroes for good races, please.
Also, perhaps a vampire-like, or more obviously feminine hero for the undead?

Also, this doesn't have anything to do with *this* patch, but in the new SEM, I don't think Bombard can be selected for heroes, wizards or items(or at least one of these).

posted 12-28-05 04:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2787  
Lizardmen?
posted 12-29-05 02:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 2787  
It would be cool to see different heroes for different classes and genders. I'm afraid about the amount of work, so just consider this as a sweet dream.
Racial ships is a nice idea.
Instead of adding new units I suggest making new bodies for some of present ones. Those that imho deserve replacement: human herbalist, halberdier, light cavalry. Chaplain has too big ears for human race. His cape is like a magician's hat and looks a little strange. Low level goblin, halfling, some draconian units have a toy appearence. You may dislike the idea, but I suggest to remove all non-original recolored units. Just leave only unique ones not to mess the game. All those recolored repetitions turn the patch into a mode made by fans rather than by professionals. Recolored units may be used if there were a structure, which upgrades units. An "Upgraded Barracks", "Upgraded War Hall", "Upgraded Champions Guild" or just "Blacksmith" which replace (for example) "swordsmen" and "crossbowmen" with "heavy swordsmen" and "heavy crossbowmen". As this was in HoMM2 and HoMM3. So if it would be possible to make a high level building, which alters recruits from corresponding low level building - this would be fantastic! (But this is a too big change to the game )
But like these were in Master of Magic, it would be cool to have these new buildings: blacksmith (adds to att/def, or replaces units with better stats), alchemist's guild (gives magic strike), War Academy (produces veteran units), Granary (increases population's growth). Is it possible to give the effect of war shrine to champion's guild? So that it may benefit AI and war shrine could be equally rebalanced with other shrines.
Perhaps bowmen should lose ability "strike" once again. AI bowmen suffer much while having useless 2/2 melee attack.
It would be cool if races have two sets of buildings and units - one for human player and the other udjustable for AI. Or anything which may give AI some more benefits.
It would be also nice to have expanded editor's abilities to make possible to rename abilities, spells, add such abilities as healing 2 and others.
If there will be a campaign it would be nice to have something like AoW1 campaign with variety of choices, which result in different endings.
Now not every artifact has a corresponding image for event window...
Imho, in almost every case, patch 1.4. gives everything that anybody may want. Seriously, there is no special need in 1.5. Everything that is "missed" may be "fixed" in mods.
But if 1.5. starts may I suggest to "dig deeper" instead of "digging wide".
May be we don't need a big 1.5. work but a little cosmetic 1.41 would be enough? Like "fixing" faery dragons and similar little problems. If there be just a little update to patch, then there would appear for download the whole new file of the patch and a small file-addon for those who already have downloaded original 1.4.

[This message has been edited by Webusver (edited 12-29-2005 @ 02:37 AM).]

posted 12-29-05 06:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 2787  
Hmm....well, how about this one item ability:

I call it, "Share Magic".

Basically, any enchantment cast on the hero applies to the whole stack as well.

If I cast "Enchanted Weapon" on a hero with a stack of five Big Beetles, for example, the Big Beetles will now have EW as well.

Any enchantment cast on the hero bearing this item will automatically apply for the rest of the stack with no additional mana cost. (Or maybe a teensy bit more?)

However, this is not something you could create in an "Item Forge". Only one or two such items can exist in a single scenario. Also, it might make for interesting "search" scenarios.

Anyhow, what do you guys think of such an item ability?

Too hard-coded to create, I presume?

posted 12-29-05 01:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 2787  
I dont know if its possible but i think it would be really great if you could add all the new buildings and enhancements to the random map generator for use in MP games. Make it an option that can be toggled so if someone is whining about not liking the new structures the host can shut him up quickly.
posted 12-30-05 11:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 2787  

I already remarked it, but with problem of adding new buildings, it is even more important.

If it is possible to create map converter from AOW1 to AOW2, custom map generator could be created.
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=29,4800,30,60
You tell very much about balance, but RMG is so unbalanced, that if one starts with many gold mines and towns in domain while another has only one town, it is not very much important, which races they play.

posted 12-31-05 11:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 2787  
I should have tested this before posting, but I /think/ I'm right that the human chaplain stats haven't been changed in 1.4

IMO they are pretty useless units as is; they will get leadership II with silver and that can be useful if you put them in a stack with strong melee units, but still, are they worth it?

I suggest they are upgraded so they start with leadership II, get III at silver and IV at gold. That would make it worthwhile to actually produce them and give a little more meaning to the human special building (good detail to let it give a mana bonus btw).

I hope nobody thinks this would make humans too strong; I don't think it would, also remember that any player who gets a human town can get this advantage, and leadership III is still available from brains, chieftains, heroes and possibly other units that I've forgotten

"It is better to discuss a subject without deciding on it, than to decide on a subject without discussing it" - Herbert Spencer.
posted 01-01-06 07:59 AM EDT (US)     9 / 2787  
No, please no more leadership for any unit! In AoW 2 the halfling sheriff was unique, because the other races did not have a unit that started with leadership and bards' skills. Now it is easier to tell which race does not have such a unit, than which race has one.

What is this good for? Are runemasters, spider queens or chieftains too weak without it? I don't think so. These are pretty powerful units. What is the purpose of giving them leadership, except to make the sheriff obsolete?

Apart from this, I like the idea of racial boats. How about a turtle ship (like the korean one in AoE) for the dwarves?

I also suggest to create a new TC map for dungeons. Maybe it could be divided into two parts (separated by a wall, for example), to symbolize that it might work as a doorway.

BCFTAGMIAOWSM

(Brigde Concealment For Trolls At Gold Medal In Age Of Wonders: Shadow Magic!)

[This message has been edited by Knallwinkel (edited 01-01-2006 @ 08:01 AM).]

posted 01-01-06 11:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 2787  
1. To make low-level units more viable in later-game situations and add more flexibility, I suggest the following buildings paired with these respective new traits:
- Armory: Requires Barracks, Builder's Hall; bestow all level 1 units (best would be to make an individual list) who enter the city with the skill ArmorI.
- Smithy: Requires Barracks, Siege Workshop; bestows all level 1 and level 2 units which enter the city with the skill Sharpened WeaponsI.
- ArmorI, II, and III: best would be to make this skill reduce 1, 2 and 3 hp of damage respectively from any physical damage that would be bestowed upon its target. That would make the skill useful for some higher-level monsters too. If this is too difficult, than it should just add +1, 2 or 3 defense.
- Sharpened WeaponsI should add +1 Att.

Other buildings in this style, whose purpose is to give existing units a boost for a certain resource investment, could be imagined. This, I think, is a typical tech-tree advancement scheme which, I think, is done well in other games (consider WarcraftIII for instance) is otherwise missing in AOW.

2. You mentioned in another post that altering Movement Point Cost for other terrains is difficult because hard-coded; still, I would have liked to suggest maybe trying some algorithm work-around which simply reduces MP for walking units without the appropriate "survivability" trait? That would make the maps much more innovative.

3. I tend to agree with the post here http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=29,4811,0,60that single damage types could be reconsidered in 1.5, since it makes some units very difficult to use.

4. HOTKEYS! My post here http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=29,4810,30,60tries to raise some questions, but I would kill for the ability to cycle through towns with a hotkey, or even better assign towns a hotkey 1-9. Oh, there is so much I would LOVE to be able to do with the keyboard!!!!!

THank you very much in advance for your time and energy!

posted 01-02-06 11:14 AM EDT (US)     11 / 2787  
The racial boats idea is neat. I'd like recoloured heroes too.

Maybe this isn't exactly relevant, but is it possible to make the map and resources editor a little bit more user-friendly? Especially the resources editor.

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 01-02-06 12:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2787  
new buildings would be nice, new units that can be built even better, and lizardmen too.

but a random map generator that could use the new units and tiles would be great

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...
posted 01-02-06 12:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 2787  
how about some new movies as an introduction for the new campaigns.

-= Love heals all =-
The One and only NymphMaster!
Aow-SM Maps: The Titan Gate (4.9/5)
Aow-TWT Maps:Glass (4.6/5)
Got any questions/suggestions regarding my maps? Post them HERE
posted 01-02-06 01:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2787  
I think that would be a little too hard to do.

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 01-02-06 01:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2787  
Nope, is possible.

Any actors available here?

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 01-02-06 01:32 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2787  
If you mean voice actors, I have a mic and I could probably voice Halflings or whatever race an Irish accent would be suitable for

I wonder if anyone noticed I was gone ...

posted 01-02-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2787  
Ah well, I don't mind playing some (dead) elf/frostling in the background then... Think an Irish accent should fit well on a leprechaun :P
posted 01-02-06 03:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2787  
Jamie was actually trying to get an intro movie for his new map (that I, btw, have left unfinished on my HD somewhere *biggrin*).

We would have to do something like AoW1, did. Pictures, sound and moving the camera. Of course, someone that is good with movies. Rendering professional 3D images ourselves in this 'spoiled' era of 3D movies, of course, would take too much time for a pleasing effect.

Personally, I have always prefered the AoW1 ones.

Ok, enough offtopic for me.

Of course, more heroes and Wizards would be interesting as well. One of the reasons why we didn't have many more extra heroes was time constraints and the hope that better graphics would be available in the future.

Sul, Russian with an Irish accent?

posted 01-02-06 03:31 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2787  

Quote:

Sul, Russian with an Irish accent?

I've been living in Ireland for almost five years, the accent is starting to rub off on me

posted 01-02-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2787  
Well, I have done some modest voice acting professionally a few years ago (for VW and SLP), but I have no access to a studio here. If you desperately need someone for English or German, you could contact me.

Otherwise...continuing my poor post from above...

5. I think Aow:SM could profit further from more disjunct building options -- they are fun and make you think instead of just climbing the same old tech tree again and again. Examples of these we already have in the Shrines: In City X, you can build a Shrine of War but not another shrine once you do. In the same vein, one could consider something like
- Fountain of Fertility: increases growth.
- Garden of Everlasting Beauty: Requires FoF: Increases Nymph "charm" attack rating.

- Astrological Dome: Requires Mage Tower: increases mana production
- Great Telescope: Requires AstDome: reduces casting cost of all air spells

- Archer's Hall: Requires Barracks: Increases range of all ranged units who visit the town
- Roost of the Magic Chicken Hawk: Requires Archer's Hall: The feathers of these hawks allow arrows to find their mark better; increase accuracy of all archers visiting the town by 1.

etc. whereby players may only build one such a tech direction per town, e.g. either a FoF and subsequent buildings or a AD and subsequent buildings or an AH etc.

Alternatively, one could imagine coupling 4 types of tech buildings along these lines, the prerequisites of each would be the existing Shrines, e.g.

Shrine of War > Archer's Hall > etc.
Shrine of Nature > Garden of Beauty > etc.
Shrine of Order > Smithy > etc.
Shrine of Magic > Astrological Dome etc.

posted 01-02-06 03:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 2787  
Great idea, since it will encourage people to build Shrines. I usually don't bother with them - the quests are time-consuming and are usually given at the worst time possible.

posted 01-03-06 05:44 AM EDT (US)     22 / 2787  
I bother with shrines, but I haven't played anything but dwiggs for months so I'm a little out of touch with the standard rules, level 4 units is dwiggs are much more rare, so the chance to get them for free is not to be taken lightly, haha.
posted 01-03-06 08:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 2787  
Eh, at least you've played. I've just dug the game out of a suspicious-looking pile of books in my room. This is the first time in roughly a year that I've played properly

posted 01-03-06 10:47 AM EDT (US)     24 / 2787  
OMG! Sul!

I usually keep my books and cds seperate, otherwise I'd end up trying to put a book i my cd drive... but that's just me. Anyways, get the uPatch. It's a HUGE improvement, and seems to have renewed some interest in SM... I mean, we're all arguing about it again, right?

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 01-03-2006 @ 10:52 AM).]

posted 01-03-06 10:57 AM EDT (US)     25 / 2787  
Got the UPatch, messed around on a map as Dwarves, remembered why I like Elves better. Going to re-play the campaign as soon as I get all my English homework out of the way.

posted 01-03-06 07:20 PM EDT (US)     26 / 2787  

Quoted from Sul:

The racial boats idea is neat.

Thanks from me and... where's TruePurple ?

2 swolte:
1) in 1.5 UPatch will there be "No Exe Mods" rule too ?
2) what about "Max Scenario Compatibility" rule (unit built in city list, etc), will this be like in 1.4 UPatch ? Or just the same structures in the same resources slots ?

3) conception: will it be overriding patch only (hence (1) ans (2) ?) or expansion pack ?

And even I make no pretence Of having more than common sence - R.W.Wood
The secret half a country keeps, the whisper in the lane... - R.Kipling
[UPatch 1.4 Team] * STLpack
posted 01-03-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     27 / 2787  

Quote:

1) in 1.5 UPatch will there be "No Exe Mods" rule too ?

Well, that would be one of the things we would need to get some more 'unofficial support' for. It would be interesting, but it would make the product a lot more susceptable to bugs as well. Also, is it really needed?

Quote:

2) what about "Max Scenario Compatibility" rule (unit built in city list, etc), will this be like in 1.4 UPatch ? Or just the same structures in the same resources slots ?

Well, this is inherent to a patch, so yes. Come to think about it, these are heavy limitations. Making a mod is much more fun, you also don't have to try to make everybody as happy as possible.

Quote:

3) conception: will it be overriding patch only (hence (1) ans (2) ?) or expansion pack ?

Overwriting, like v1.5.

Anyway, nothing is set in stone.

posted 01-04-06 07:46 AM EDT (US)     28 / 2787  

Quoted from swolte:

Also, is it really needed?

Yes, it is. There is a very long [reasonable] wishlist from gamers that cannot be satisfied without some EXE-mod. I think you did your best in 1.4 to solve some balance problems, but the next step cannot be done without more radical changes.

Paolo Guccione
Alephtar Games
posted 01-04-06 07:51 AM EDT (US)     29 / 2787  
I got AoW:SM for Christmas, haven't installed it yet, downloaded 1.4 already, and there's something that swolte suggested that I would like to do for the 1.5 patch:

The AoW1 music.

Now, the AoW1 music is in Impulse Tracker module format - basically a MIDI file where you can use any sound(s) as an instrument.

The problem is, a lot of the songs have all the panning exactly the same - dead center. I've made my own modifications to the AoW1 music to add surround effects and better panning variations. I'd be happy to redo it and send samples of it; my Gmail username is alphasigmax - just include AoW in the subject.

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================
posted 01-04-06 11:49 AM EDT (US)     30 / 2787  
That be great, Alphax!
We can pick two songs, or something.

Quote:

Yes, it is. There is a very long wishlist from gamers that cannot be satisfied without some EXE-mod. I think you did your best in 1.4 to solve some balance problems, but the next step cannot be done without more radical changes.

Next to more obvious 'A_legal issues' (TS would probably not put a link to it on their website, then) and the risk of more 'B_heavy duty bugs', there are more reasons why those wishes must really be worth it:
'C_v1.3a:' As most know, there are two exe versions of v1.3 used that were released. (Moderater Notice: Let this be all for now on that topic here)
'D_File size increase:' we will basically have to add another 7 MB to an already 40 MB file. These are 5 high quality new units! I hate to say it but for a generally accepted patch, I already had problems having had people pull those 40 MB down their wires. A patch should be one file that updates the entire game, imo (no parts that only update v1.4: keep it as simple as possible!)

Anyway, those wishes must be really worth it and alternatives to achieve the same means have a much higher priority. There are a number of things soo annoying in this game that they might be worth it, like:
- The boat crashing bug
- Catalyst exploit
- Fixing Campaign creation bugs

All those could, in theory, be fixed with exe changes, but I am afraid that we lack the skill to do so anyway without the sourcecode (and no, AoW series had only one main programmer and it wasn't me, unfortunately... ). This is not as simple as changing some number around.

As far as I know, I have yet to see a realistic list that would be worth risking ABCD for.
But who knows what the future might solve!

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 01-04-2006 @ 11:51 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 93  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Unofficial Patch V1.5 - Plans and suggestions
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames