Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Monty Python and the Holy Grail Mafia - Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26 27 28 ··· 40 ··· 41  Next Page »
posted 02-23-10 01:09 PM CT (US)   
 Endgame. 
Ah at last the picture is back ... in black
Arthur - King of the Britons has been charged by God with a sacred quest: to find the Holy Grail! Join this mafia to embark on this epic tale of danger, peril and nasty big pointy teeth. Throughout this mafia you will have the chance to meet and confront your most loved Monty Python characters.

Yes, Monty Python and the Holy Grail Mafia is here!
Please note: There may be some characters from Monty Python who do not appear in The Holy Grail, but who are making an appearance in this mafia.
The usual mafia game mechanics apply, however some roles have been created specially for this game. The balance of this game has been tweaked to the 'HGMain Mafia Forum' setting - so it won't be as easy for the town to win as my other mafia games. The final settings shall be decided by how many players sign up. Ideally I'd like 28 - so advertise like crazy . This may be a bit ambitious, but we can go with less.
I intend to keep signups open for at least a week or until we get the desired number of players - whichever comes last. Please check your calendar to see if you will be away while the game is in progress. Replacements may also sign up.
 Rules: 
  • Yeebaagooon is God. As if you didn't already know....
  • This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • You may not directly quote your role email.
  • You may not edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • This thread will be locked at night - there will not be a sunset phase - we go straight to night after a lynch.
  • There may be some post restrictions - but I have limited these as much as possible as this is HGMain.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly otherwise you will be ignored.
  • Obey the 20 commandments at all times, or I shall smite you.
  • I fart in the general direction of inactives - and they shall be replaced without notification after one prod.
  • I reserve the right to smite any player at any time for any reason and all rules are subject to change without notice.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
Please use the following codes when voting and unvoting:

Vote: Name  
Unvote: Name

This makes doing the votes a lot easier for me. Votes and voters will be compiled in a table in the game thread under the players list.

The Players: 
Player Name Email Status Role
1. Guard Of Olympus
guardofolympus(at)gmail.com
Dead
2. Ensemble_Nut
splitting_headache2(at)hotmail.com
Won
Brother Maynard
3. sneaky_squirrel
tyrano-coke(at)hotmail.com
Dead
4. ChaosRobie (Brighty, not to be confused with Briguy)
ChaosRobie(at)hotmail.com
Dead
5. Briguy
Briguy54321(at)hotmail.com
Dead
6. Maegereg
maegereg(at)speakeasy.net
Won
Sir Bors
7. THYMOLE
THYMOLE(at)yahoo.com
Dead
8. Beelzebub
galrsrevenge(at)hotmail.com
Dead
9. EnemyofJupitor
eojup(at)hotmail.co.uk
Won
10. Minos Yewman
minos_yewman(at)hotmail.co.uk
Dead
11. Mephiles
mephiles(at)live.co.uk
Dead
12. Newt_Gunray
mideonsworld(at)aol.com
Dead
13. Xzyiothe
Xzyiothe(at)hotmail.com
Dead
14. Heir of Elessar
ritvikmats(at)gmail.com
Burnt
15. Coldviper
HGcoldviper(at)hotmail.com
Won
16. Henrz
henrz.me(at)hotmail.com
Dead
17. Blatant7
the.tminator(at)yahoo.com
Dead
18. Rotaretilbo
lollersquirrelz(at)gmail.com
Dead
19. Mozzarella Man
pspaperstacks(at)gmail.com
Dead
20. Guard Of Osiris
mikaelbjuremalm2008(at)gmail.com
Won
Head Knight of Ni
21. THYMOLE
THYMOLE(at)yahoo.com
Dead
22. CharlieDog
CharlieDog88(at)gmail.com
Dead
23. WRP_Beater wrp_beater(at)hotmail.it Dead Sir Ector
24. Ischenous williarmuss(at)hotmail.co.uk Won Witch Hunter
25. Xefus javo10portero(at)hotmail.com Dead Sir Bedivere
26. Out Reach reach268(at)hotmail.com Dead The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
27. Baske [invalid email] Dead The Bishop
28. Heir of Elessar
ritvikmats(at)gmail.com
Dead

Votes:

• None

• My email:
    yeebaagooon(at)hotmail.co.uk

Have fun everyone!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 07-13-2010 @ 01:38 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 05-27-10 05:10 AM CT (US)     1251 / 2021  
    Thanks a lot, Charlie.

Yeah, that makes the flavour argument against Minos pretty strong.

Also,
    Unvote: Ensemble

Vote: Minos

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 05-27-10 05:43 AM CT (US)     1252 / 2021  
    Provided I survive the day, I'll throw it at the first person to disbelieve me.
    I hope you're joking, because that would be cheating.

Unvote: CharlieDog

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 05-27-10 07:31 AM CT (US)     1253 / 2021  
    Uh huuh. I'm not REALLY going to throw it at someone, unless someone acts suspiciously. ... Someone ELSE acts suspiciously.

Minos, defend yourself.

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 05-27-10 08:41 AM CT (US)     1254 / 2021  
    Also, there's a good chance there's going to be next to NO time for me to make any posts in the next 36-72 hours. Maybe a quick post here and there, but nothing more.

ever met.

posted 05-27-10 09:11 AM CT (US)     1255 / 2021  
    Unvote:Ensamble

I'm not voting minos quite yet. Not only was he accused of being scum by a mafia member the flavor is a bit too obvious. I'll wait for a bit.
    posted 05-27-10 09:35 AM CT (US)     1256 / 2021  
    Um... This arm thing seems really incriminating, where exactly did it appear?

I'd rather have ensemble vig Minos as he seems kind of trigger happy.
    posted 05-27-10 11:18 AM CT (US)     1257 / 2021  
    I wouldn't be too surprised if it would take several goes to kill the Black Knight. I'm also laying bets on his claimed alignment...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 05-27-10 01:36 PM CT (US)     1258 / 2021  
    The arm was mentioned in the day post today.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 05-27-10 02:18 PM CT (US)     1259 / 2021  
    vote Minos
    not much to argue then
    posted 05-27-10 05:38 PM CT (US)     1260 / 2021  
    Not only was he accused of being scum by a mafia member the flavor is a bit too obvious.
    1) He can be a serial player, enemy to the mafia.
    2)Flavour can't be false, can it? I think mods can't lie except for the death miller.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 05-27-10 06:21 PM CT (US)     1261 / 2021  
    Lynching him would be better imo. Unvote: Ensemble Vote: Minos.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 05-27-10 06:26 PM CT (US)     1262 / 2021  
    For the fools who have yet to experience this piece of something-or-other:

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 05-27-10 09:34 PM CT (US)     1263 / 2021  
    Ok. I guess that Minos must be the black knight....but two SK? Is that normal? Or might he not be a serial killer? Might he be a survivor?

Vote:Minos
    posted 05-27-10 10:15 PM CT (US)     1264 / 2021  
    Whatever he is, I don't think it can be good. And keep in mind, he's been horribly inactive.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 05-28-10 03:09 AM CT (US)     1265 / 2021  
    Has he even posted once?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 05-28-10 03:18 AM CT (US)     1266 / 2021  
    I'm not sure he has.

But I say let him speak first before lynching him.

posted 05-28-10 05:37 AM CT (US)     1267 / 2021  
    Minos' last post was on page two. Where he said I doubt the post restrcition is an IT requirement.
    Details: posted 02-26-10 01:45 PM EDT (US)

That makes it a few months ago, I doubt we'll get a response, probably better to get rid of an inactive.

Vote: Minos Yewman
    posted 05-28-10 07:46 AM CT (US)     1268 / 2021  
    Unvote: CharlieDog (it seems I have to unvote twice as well.)

Yes, Minos is a good inactive to go after. With him, at least we have something to go on.

MEPH

posted 05-28-10 07:47 AM CT (US)     1269 / 2021  

I forgot to vote twice.

MEPH

posted 05-28-10 07:55 AM CT (US)     1270 / 2021  
    And, unless I count wrong, that's it for Minos?

ever met.

posted 05-28-10 08:49 AM CT (US)     1271 / 2021  
    Hmpth. I'm betting he's a survivor if he's the Black Knight.

posted 05-28-10 08:51 AM CT (US)     1272 / 2021  
    Further guessing- he needs to be hit like four times for him to be killed (arm, arm, leg, leg). I'm not amazingly happy- if it turns out he's a survivor, we've wasted a lynch.

posted 05-28-10 09:05 AM CT (US)     1273 / 2021  
    Yeah he is lynched

He might be fully immune to either night kills or lynches, but I suppose we will find out now. I doubt he is a survivor.

Ensemble what are you going to do tonight?
    posted 05-28-10 09:49 AM CT (US)     1274 / 2021  
    The town seemed certain with their choice. Nobody protested as Minos was led up to be hung by Mephiles (as he voted last). Mephiles wound the noose around Minos who remained silent.
    Mephiles was satisfied and moved over to the level to release the trap door. Minos quickly grabbed the rope as the door opened. As he fell, it wrapped around his arm. Minos fell to the ground with his other arm still hanging in the noose. He looked at his freshly severed arm before remarking,
    "'Tis but a scratch", and running back into the village. 'Look you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!' screamed King Arthur.
    "It's just a flesh wound" replied Minos.
    It is now Night 4.
    Night 4 will conclude tomorrow.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 05-30-2010 @ 01:34 PM).]

posted 05-31-10 01:18 PM CT (US)     1275 / 2021  
    The town muttered about the events of the day before moving back into the village. Figures wandered the village at night, mist crept into the house of Sir Gawain. He wrote furiously at his desk, and did not notice the figures sneak up behind him.
    'NI!'
    The town regrouped when the Sun rose to find Gawain was dead. A thump was heard. And another. And another. Minos Yewman hopped in to town on his one remaining leg.
    "I'm invincible!" he cried.
  • Sir Gawain, a knighted bus driver played by Mozzarella Man is dead.
  • It is now Day 5.
    18 alive, so 10 to lynch.

posted 05-31-10 01:27 PM CT (US)     1276 / 2021  
    I'm going ahead with the I told you so. Jesus, that was a waste of a lynch. If you lot believe me when I say I am a survivor and am French, why on earth do you want to go hell for leather for someone who is obviously in a similar position of ambiguous motives in the movie without first letting him speak?

Someone get Minos in here to fully claim so he doesn't end up having his last leg cut off and thus dying before he can prevent the sheep from wasting another day.

I blocked Brighty.

posted 05-31-10 01:32 PM CT (US)     1277 / 2021  
    It's rather obvious who he is... We'll just keep on NKing him.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 05-31-10 02:32 PM CT (US)     1278 / 2021  
    It's rather obvious who he is... We'll just keep on NKing him.
    Yes, it's obvious he's the black knight. But why would we have scum handed on a plate to us in the flavour? Surely there should be some alarm bells ringing there that this is too easy? It's just wasted powers.

Unless your knighted vig has unlimited shots, in which case it's less so. But still.

posted 05-31-10 02:33 PM CT (US)     1279 / 2021  
    Oh, and was that a vig strike on the Black Knight? If so, then that'd be interesting, as it means there was only one scum kill tonight.

posted 05-31-10 02:48 PM CT (US)     1280 / 2021  
    I do wonder about this. Is the Black Knight perhaps iron in some limited way, i.e. taking more than one shot to kill?

I also tend to agree with EoJ. The fact that we are, so to speak, given the role in the flavour seems extremely easy. Making me think that, indeed, he isn't necessarily scum.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 05-31-10 03:21 PM CT (US)     1281 / 2021  
    Yes, Yeeb wouldn't make it this simple for us, unless he was tired of Minos being inactive. I don't think he would do that even if he was annoyed by Minos's inactivity, though.

Minos's iron ability is probably gone now, since anything more powerful than One-Shot Unlynchable One-Shot Iron would be ridiculously overpowered. Unless he is an SK, of course.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 05-31-10 03:31 PM CT (US)     1282 / 2021  
    We'll need to know if he's pro-town, and I don't think that likely. But he won't kill people; he just guards the bridge in the film.

And just a reminder: I can't vote today.

MEPH

posted 05-31-10 04:04 PM CT (US)     1283 / 2021  
    Well in gaurding the bridge he throws a sword into the green knights face and battles king Arthur. I'm pretty sure he is scum :/

Note that he may have two lives left, because who really needs limbs anyway.

It was not a waste of a lynch
    posted 05-31-10 04:46 PM CT (US)     1284 / 2021  
    The Black Knight only attacks people if they want to cross the bridge. He's not affiliated with the Knights that say 'Ni!'

MEPH

posted 05-31-10 05:01 PM CT (US)     1285 / 2021  
    King Arthur, any news? Check your mail another time.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 05-31-10 05:24 PM CT (US)     1286 / 2021  
    So why is the black night good all of the sudden?

And ensamble, did you use your grenade last night? Did you shoot minos?
    posted 05-31-10 06:03 PM CT (US)     1287 / 2021  
    I did nothing. Also, the Black Knight is really, really annoying. How do you survive three bloody attempts on your life? What's the point of making it so?

ever met.

posted 05-31-10 06:07 PM CT (US)     1288 / 2021  
    So why is the black night good all of the sudden?
    It was not a waste of a lynch
    I didn't say he was. I'm saying I rather doubt he's anti-town, ie, killing people and has the win condition of forming a majority. Going after someone who we have reasonable grounds for putting as a survivor without letting the chap even speak is plain stupid when we've got at least one Knight of Ni running around stabbing things and another possible thus so far unidentifiable assailant.

posted 05-31-10 06:22 PM CT (US)     1289 / 2021  
    I'd be amazed if the Black Knight wasn't a survivor. After all, he's still alive when Arthur leaves him in the movie. If that isn't 'surviving', I don't know what is.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 05-31-10 07:08 PM CT (US)     1290 / 2021  
    Well he isn't a townie. I don't think that logic is correct newt. The knights who say ni don't die either, nor so they even try to kill Arthur.
    posted 05-31-10 07:20 PM CT (US)     1291 / 2021  
    Where is blatant? We pressured him once before and he popped in and then left again.
    posted 05-31-10 07:30 PM CT (US)     1292 / 2021  
    I have checked your Email WRP, it interests me, but I think we should peruse other leads first. I agree that Blatant seems like a good choice. Vote: Blatant.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 05-31-10 07:32 PM CT (US)     1293 / 2021  
    Something tells me Minos has like a 4(arms+legs?)-shot iron/unlynchable power, 2 having been used. Lynching him today wouldn't accomplish anything.
    posted 05-31-10 07:49 PM CT (US)     1294 / 2021  
    Vote:Blatant Forgot to put in the vote lol
    posted 06-01-10 01:03 AM CT (US)     1295 / 2021  
    I don't consider trying to lynch Minos yesterday as a waste of time. We'd already got one(albeit wrong) lynch for the day, the flavor clearly suggested we'd got an anti town figure. It was worth a shot trying to lynch him since we had no clue as to how much of his characteristics from the movie would be incorporated in the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Black Knight is scum (from what I've read on Wiki). He was anti-King Arthur, and therefore third-party scum.

@EoJ*- The Black Knight, from what I know, is not an irritant like the French, he is actually anti-Arthur. That clearly suggests third party scum to me.

Also, flavour arguments do not necessarily have to screw a player, especially if that player is both iron and unlynchable to some extent. To prove this, I refer you to Julius' arguments in RotK mafia over at BFME2H.

Minos was definitely not handed to us on a platter cause, as you can see, despite 3 attempts on him now he's still not dead. A better/more active player would've been able to prevent prior attacks. Its just Minos' fault that he's inactive.

All in all, I would support a move to finish off Minos as soon as possible, but only through NKs.

Moving on, I agree with CV, Blatant definitely seems like a good lynch at this point.

Vote: Blatant

*Too many quotes regarding the same topic, so I decided to address it directly.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 06-01-10 05:00 AM CT (US)     1296 / 2021  
    I think I recall Blatant claiming, so I won't cast my vote until someone brings up his claim.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 06-01-10 06:24 AM CT (US)     1297 / 2021  
    To prove this, I refer you to Julius' arguments in RotK mafia over at BFME2H
    Touche.

However, I must say that if we must do him, do it with night kills

posted 06-01-10 07:05 AM CT (US)     1298 / 2021  
    What I think about the Black Night is: regardless of what he actually is, we should somehow kill him. Whatever he is, I don't think he benefits us. But if Minos wants to save himself, he should be active and rolecall.

MEPH

posted 06-01-10 08:14 AM CT (US)     1299 / 2021  
    However, I must say that if we must do him, do it with night kills
    All in all, I would support a move to finish off Minos as soon as possible, but only through NKs.
    Already accounted for.

Although I must admit, Julius isn't a fair example, that guy was an absolute freak.

posted 06-01-10 08:37 AM CT (US)     1300 / 2021  
    I was just trying to make a point that we should stop debating over whether he's scum/anti-town/third-party.

MEPH

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26 27 28 ··· 40 ··· 41  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Monty Python and the Holy Grail Mafia - Endgame
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: