Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Monty Python and the Holy Grail Mafia - Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 41  Next Page »
posted 02-23-10 01:09 PM CT (US)   
 Endgame. 
Ah at last the picture is back ... in black
Arthur - King of the Britons has been charged by God with a sacred quest: to find the Holy Grail! Join this mafia to embark on this epic tale of danger, peril and nasty big pointy teeth. Throughout this mafia you will have the chance to meet and confront your most loved Monty Python characters.

Yes, Monty Python and the Holy Grail Mafia is here!
Please note: There may be some characters from Monty Python who do not appear in The Holy Grail, but who are making an appearance in this mafia.
The usual mafia game mechanics apply, however some roles have been created specially for this game. The balance of this game has been tweaked to the 'HGMain Mafia Forum' setting - so it won't be as easy for the town to win as my other mafia games. The final settings shall be decided by how many players sign up. Ideally I'd like 28 - so advertise like crazy . This may be a bit ambitious, but we can go with less.
I intend to keep signups open for at least a week or until we get the desired number of players - whichever comes last. Please check your calendar to see if you will be away while the game is in progress. Replacements may also sign up.
 Rules: 
  • Yeebaagooon is God. As if you didn't already know....
  • This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • You may not directly quote your role email.
  • You may not edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • This thread will be locked at night - there will not be a sunset phase - we go straight to night after a lynch.
  • There may be some post restrictions - but I have limited these as much as possible as this is HGMain.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly otherwise you will be ignored.
  • Obey the 20 commandments at all times, or I shall smite you.
  • I fart in the general direction of inactives - and they shall be replaced without notification after one prod.
  • I reserve the right to smite any player at any time for any reason and all rules are subject to change without notice.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
Please use the following codes when voting and unvoting:

Vote: Name  
Unvote: Name

This makes doing the votes a lot easier for me. Votes and voters will be compiled in a table in the game thread under the players list.

The Players: 
Player Name Email Status Role
1. Guard Of Olympus
guardofolympus(at)gmail.com
Dead
2. Ensemble_Nut
splitting_headache2(at)hotmail.com
Won
Brother Maynard
3. sneaky_squirrel
tyrano-coke(at)hotmail.com
Dead
4. ChaosRobie (Brighty, not to be confused with Briguy)
ChaosRobie(at)hotmail.com
Dead
5. Briguy
Briguy54321(at)hotmail.com
Dead
6. Maegereg
maegereg(at)speakeasy.net
Won
Sir Bors
7. THYMOLE
THYMOLE(at)yahoo.com
Dead
8. Beelzebub
galrsrevenge(at)hotmail.com
Dead
9. EnemyofJupitor
eojup(at)hotmail.co.uk
Won
10. Minos Yewman
minos_yewman(at)hotmail.co.uk
Dead
11. Mephiles
mephiles(at)live.co.uk
Dead
12. Newt_Gunray
mideonsworld(at)aol.com
Dead
13. Xzyiothe
Xzyiothe(at)hotmail.com
Dead
14. Heir of Elessar
ritvikmats(at)gmail.com
Burnt
15. Coldviper
HGcoldviper(at)hotmail.com
Won
16. Henrz
henrz.me(at)hotmail.com
Dead
17. Blatant7
the.tminator(at)yahoo.com
Dead
18. Rotaretilbo
lollersquirrelz(at)gmail.com
Dead
19. Mozzarella Man
pspaperstacks(at)gmail.com
Dead
20. Guard Of Osiris
mikaelbjuremalm2008(at)gmail.com
Won
Head Knight of Ni
21. THYMOLE
THYMOLE(at)yahoo.com
Dead
22. CharlieDog
CharlieDog88(at)gmail.com
Dead
23. WRP_Beater wrp_beater(at)hotmail.it Dead Sir Ector
24. Ischenous williarmuss(at)hotmail.co.uk Won Witch Hunter
25. Xefus javo10portero(at)hotmail.com Dead Sir Bedivere
26. Out Reach reach268(at)hotmail.com Dead The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
27. Baske [invalid email] Dead The Bishop
28. Heir of Elessar
ritvikmats(at)gmail.com
Dead

Votes:

• None

• My email:
    yeebaagooon(at)hotmail.co.uk

Have fun everyone!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 07-13-2010 @ 01:38 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 06-10-10 01:54 PM CT (US)     1501 / 2021  
    I see what you mean isch, but I'm indifferent to lynching either xefus, isch, or the knight. I've stated my rationales before.
    posted 06-10-10 04:08 PM CT (US)     1502 / 2021  
    All right then. Let Xefus be lynched.....
    posted 06-10-10 04:31 PM CT (US)     1503 / 2021  
    CV, I think you meant pressured. Lynching someone who, IIRC, hasn't claimed isn't a good move.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 06-10-10 05:23 PM CT (US)     1504 / 2021  
    I said lynched ? You know what I mean
    posted 06-10-10 08:13 PM CT (US)     1505 / 2021  
    I know this is going to sound incredibly scummy, but whatever we decide to do, let's just get it DONE.
    (Note that I'm promoting decisiveness, not speedlynching)

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 06-10-10 09:29 PM CT (US)     1506 / 2021  
    That is completely self contradicting
    posted 06-11-10 00:47 AM CT (US)     1507 / 2021  
    But again, there isn't any point in pressuring Xefus, cause he isn't going to turn up. So, if we vote for him now, we vote with intention to lynch.

Personally, as I said earlier, I'd rather lynch someone who's already claimed, but if the town wants to go with Xefus, then so will I.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 06-11-10 02:54 AM CT (US)     1508 / 2021  
    In my opinion, Isch has a perfectly reasonable claim. Heir has already explained why he wasn't able to kill him one of the nights. Isch probably kept playing because it was fun, but since some people have become inactive he slipped into inactivity too.

Vote: Xefus
    Best lead we have at the moment.
    posted 06-11-10 03:22 AM CT (US)     1509 / 2021  
    I know this is going to sound incredibly scummy, but whatever we decide to do, let's just get it DONE.
    (Note that I'm promoting decisiveness, not speedlynching)
    That is completely self contradicting
    Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. It is a bit unclear.
    Whatever we decide to do, we should do. As in, "Ok, x looks scummy. Let's give them a chance to defend themselves. Do they still look scummy? (if yes) then let's lynch them. (if no) ok, who's next on the most-likely list?

NOT:
    "OK, X looks like scum. Hm... but... Maybe it's Y - NO, it's Z! But... What about A? ... Hmm... Maybe we should... Look at X? But... Y... Ahhh..."

And ALSO NOT:
    "OK, X looks scummy. Bitch be going down! LYNCH!"

Personally, I think no.2 is happening now. It's all good to try and get information, but there's a difference between getting information and running around in circles.
    Just my two cents. I'm not the best mafia player going around (Needless to say).

ever met.

posted 06-11-10 03:23 AM CT (US)     1510 / 2021  
    Oh, and by the way, lynching inactives is fine with me, if for no other reason is that the town doesn't actually LOSE anything.
    Henceforth
    VOTE: XEFUS

ever met.

posted 06-11-10 07:25 AM CT (US)     1511 / 2021  
    I would also be voting for xefus if I could. But since I can't, it's 4 more votes for xefus to be lynched.

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 06-11-10 09:20 AM CT (US)     1512 / 2021  
    Wait....just out right lynching a inactive? Even the black night would be better than that. Surely we have some better options?

I'm a little suspicious of Ensamble for suggesting an out right lynch of someone who we have no reason to beleive to be scum. FOS Ensamble
    posted 06-11-10 11:30 AM CT (US)     1513 / 2021  
    He's just doing what the rest of us are, I can't really blame him.

Truth is, we have no leads, and this way we're at least getting rid of the dead wood. Xefus is at best nothing, at worst a liability to the town because of 0 info. With his lynch, we might at least get some info.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 06-11-10 11:59 AM CT (US)     1514 / 2021  
    GAME NOTICE: I'm out pretty much every weekend now until the 17th of July. I won't be here at all from 26/6 to 1/7 due to a Biology field trip. So I'll reduce the number of votes to lynch if we're not in night some time next week so day 6 can begin before I leave.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    posted 06-11-10 12:27 PM CT (US)     1515 / 2021  
    Truth is, we have no leads, and this way we're at least getting rid of the dead wood. Xefus is at best nothing, at worst a liability to the town because of 0 info. With his lynch, we might at least get some info.
    Heir speaks truth. We might get some kind of info, and it means that a) an inactive liability to the town is removed, and b) that we don't run the risk of paralysing the game by voting out every active or semi-active player.

unvote, just in case

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 06-11-10 02:05 PM CT (US)     1516 / 2021  
    Sounds good to me, I was starting to get bored with all the nothing going on...

Unvote: Newt_Gunray

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 06-11-10 03:42 PM CT (US)     1517 / 2021  
    Two more votes to lynch...

MEPH

posted 06-11-10 04:55 PM CT (US)     1518 / 2021  
    Heir's quote sums it up perfectly.

Unvote

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 06-11-10 04:57 PM CT (US)     1519 / 2021  
    We are probably going to get no where, though I suppose we have little other alternatives.

Vote: Xerfus

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
    Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
    "TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
    posted 06-11-10 05:29 PM CT (US)     1520 / 2021  
    The town pushed the silent Xefus up to the gallows. He stared into space like he was not even there and did not even whimper as the noose was tied around his neck. He stood there silently as the town watched with gleams of the upcoming lynch in their eyes. The level was pulled and Xefus plummeted to his death. From his eyes, you couldn't tell if he was dead so the town had to slice him down the middle.

In doing so, they revealed the blue and white coat of arms that belonged to Sir Bedivere.
  • Sir Bedivere, (unknighted) played by Xefus has been lynched. Sir Bedivere would gain a jack of all trades power when knighted and be able to choose from some random abilities each night.
  • It is now Night 5. Please send in your night actions.
    Day begins on Monday afternoon.
    Don't expect confirmations as I'm away.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 06-12-2010 @ 03:07 AM).]

posted 06-14-10 11:06 AM CT (US)     1521 / 2021  
    A very eventful night it was.
    WRP_Beater walked the streets. He left the round hut to move quietly around. He neared the house of his target but heard footsteps. Quickly he hid round a corner of one building, but unfortunately he had run straight into his killer.
    CharlieDog was waiting for WRP to return, he did not. Charlie also ventured outside to look for his fellow knight. He broke into a run and tripped on a cobbled stone. He did not get back up, for people were already upon him - pinning him to the floor before killing him.

The Sun rose and King Arthur looked worried. Minos Yewman came hopping towards the town again. A knight chopped off his leg, and his body fell to the ground, unable to move.
    'Alright' he said, 'We'll call it a draw.'

• Sir Robin, a knighted bodyguard played by CharlieDog has been killed.
  • Sir Ector, a knighted investigator played by WRP_Beater is dead.
  • The Black Knight, a multiple times iron survivor played by Minos Yewman has been slaughtered.
  • It is now Day 6.

14 alive, so 8 to lynch.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 06-15-2010 @ 03:09 AM).]

posted 06-14-10 11:59 AM CT (US)     1522 / 2021  
    Vote: Newt. WRP is dead.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 06-14-10 12:07 PM CT (US)     1523 / 2021  
    Yeah, I recall Newt stating he'd protect WRP.

Vote: Newt for rather obvious reasons.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 06-14-10 12:22 PM CT (US)     1524 / 2021  
    I take it the Black Knight a vig kill, Henrz?
    He did not get back up, for people were already upon him
    More than one?
    but unfortunately he had run straight into his killer.
    Singular.

I reckon we've got 3 left?

Quite confusing, too- though Newt was apparently pegged to protect WRP, we have Charlie waiting for WRP. How far can we trust these writeups, Yeeb?

Vote: Newt

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 06-14-10 12:22 PM CT (US)     1525 / 2021  
    Indeed. Vote: Newt

Hmm. Odd that both the bodyguard and the target were killed. I guess WRP was attacked twice or something.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 06-14-10 12:24 PM CT (US)     1526 / 2021  
    I guess WRP was attacked twice or something.
    Yeah, it's mildly disturbing, as it means suddenly we've got a kill from nowhere that wasn't around in previous nights.

posted 06-14-10 12:43 PM CT (US)     1527 / 2021  
    And, there we go again, back to the only source of an extra kill from the previous nights, the Witch Hunter.

I think there could be a mechanic where he had to gain points before attaining a kill power or something, considering that his arch rival the Witch had a similar system.

I think we should discuss where the extra kill could've come from. We already have our lynch target for the day, no need to rush things now.

posted 06-14-10 12:49 PM CT (US)     1528 / 2021  
    Didn't think of that.

FoS: Ischenous

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 06-14-10 01:29 PM CT (US)     1529 / 2021  
    vote newt
    i think we ought to kill em both...
    posted 06-14-10 02:13 PM CT (US)     1530 / 2021  
    Quite confusing, too- though Newt was apparently pegged to protect WRP, we have Charlie waiting for WRP. How far can we trust these writeups, Yeeb?
    I have to write these things to make them mildly interesting and not to give everything away. For example I can't post the graphic details of how a pink unicorn brutally impaled WRP_Beater at the command of Minos Yewman. (It did not...)

So you should not attempt to infer anything from my write-ups. Just look at the kills if you have to.

posted 06-14-10 03:03 PM CT (US)     1531 / 2021  
    Oh... It didn't?

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 06-14-10 03:59 PM CT (US)     1532 / 2021  
    I think we should discuss where the extra kill could've come from. We already have our lynch target for the day, no need to rush things now.
    Mm, because even discounting the Black Knight as Vig Kill, that still makes us wonder how the kill broke through doctor protection.
    1) A kill on the doc stops his action going through. (Unlikely)
    2) A doctor's protection stops one kill action (More likely)
    3) Doc was Roleblocked (Not me- I actually forgot to send my action in ) (Only if there's a mafia roleblocker running around)
    So you should not attempt to infer anything from my write-ups. Just look at the kills if you have to.
    Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful

But I think the manner of the deaths have been reasonably consistent with those who have killed them. So I'm going to make a personal guess and say we've still got a 1-person faction and a 2-person faction still running around

posted 06-14-10 05:36 PM CT (US)     1533 / 2021  
    Why are we trying to lynch newt? Did he claim doctor?
    posted 06-14-10 05:57 PM CT (US)     1534 / 2021  
    I guess I can't sign in as a replacement now, isn't it true? Also Yeeb, fix the HTML/BBCode in the main post.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 06-14-10 05:59 PM CT (US)     1535 / 2021  
    I was blocked 'by a foreigner'. I'm guessing that means French, unless anyone else has any ideas?

"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    posted 06-14-10 06:01 PM CT (US)     1536 / 2021  
    Why are we trying to lynch newt? Did he claim doctor?
    Apparently, yes. He promised to protect WRP, but... well... he's dead, so this logically means that he isn't a doctor... or something else is going on.

I can double vote today, but I want to see what's going on first.

MEPH

posted 06-14-10 06:07 PM CT (US)     1537 / 2021  
    I was blocked 'by a foreigner'. I'm guessing that means French, unless anyone else has any ideas?
    Well, I can think of two things- we've got another Frenchman running around, or he's talking shit, and we're fresh out of Frenchmen.

Funny how only you have mentioned an e-mail from being role blocked.

posted 06-14-10 06:11 PM CT (US)     1538 / 2021  
    What can I say? I don't send out the emails. I was told my action was blocked, as I say, by a foreigner. And if I wasn't a doctor, why would I say that I would protect WRP Beater knowing that he's a pretty big target on the mafia's list? That makes no sense. Just like the effort to try and lynch me without even waiting for an explanation.

posted 06-14-10 06:18 PM CT (US)     1539 / 2021  
    What can I say? I don't send out the emails
    Henrz, Baske and (presumably- I haven't heard any comment from him regarding it) Brighty certainly haven't received any.
    And if I wasn't a doctor, why would I say that I would protect WRP Beater knowing that he's a pretty big target on the mafia's list?
    Yeah, I don't really need to answer that, do I?
    Just like the effort to try and lynch me without even waiting for an explanation.
    You gave it, I call bullshit.

posted 06-14-10 06:20 PM CT (US)     1540 / 2021  
    Henrz, Baske and (presumably- I haven't heard any comment from him regarding it) Brighty certainly haven't received any.
    And how do you know that? Has it been explicitly mentioned?
    Yeah, I don't really need to answer that, do I?
    Well, yes, actually. That would be nice.

posted 06-14-10 06:53 PM CT (US)     1541 / 2021  
    By claiming doc and saying you will portect wrp you garuntee that no one else will block him leaving him open for a kill. Also, why did you recieve an email at all?
    posted 06-14-10 06:53 PM CT (US)     1542 / 2021  
    And how do you know that? Has it been explicitly mentioned?
    An e-mail like that would be mentioned. Even as "Oh, that explains the e-mail I got".
    Well, yes, actually. That would be nice.
    Claim as doc, offer to protect target, real doc doesn't protect, use window of opportunity to kill target, kthxbai. The loss of a mafia member is outweighed by that of a cop.

posted 06-14-10 07:13 PM CT (US)     1543 / 2021  
    No one so far in this game has claimed to get a email.

posted 06-14-10 07:24 PM CT (US)     1544 / 2021  
    Which means, what? Because no-one has mentioned it, doesn't mean it hasn't occurred.
    By claiming doc and saying you will portect wrp you garuntee that no one else will block him leaving him open for a kill.
    Sorry? If you recall, I was asked to protect WRP. It was faulty planning, left me wide open to be blocked and thus him wide open to be killed.

posted 06-14-10 08:19 PM CT (US)     1545 / 2021  
    I didn't get an email.

Here's the deal, if you're not scum we go kill EoJ, since he's a french RBer.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 06-14-10 08:33 PM CT (US)     1546 / 2021  
    So there is no way we can confirm if Newt is really a doctor?

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 06-14-10 10:14 PM CT (US)     1547 / 2021  
    Perhaps it would actually be better to lynch frenchie and than newt. It occured to me that EoJ's claimed role is much less valuable than Newts. His story is doubtful but we could play it safe. I also have issues with trusting frenchie considering the movie ends with a failed attack on the French... Opinions?
    posted 06-14-10 10:47 PM CT (US)     1548 / 2021  
    I'm not good with hunches, but I really have no idea if the french would be mafia or just survivors (They are isolated in a single castle and tell Arthur to go away), the game seems to be following the flavor as well (3 times iron, made me lol).

I think we best go for Newt, but I'd like to know what the rest think.

posted 06-14-10 11:42 PM CT (US)     1549 / 2021  
    Perhaps it would actually be better to lynch frenchie and than newt. It occured to me that EoJ's claimed role is much less valuable than Newts.
    Oh, I disagree. Newt claimed a sort of Jock of all trades. One shot doctor, one shot cop, one shot roleblocker. He's expended every single one of those powers now, so we'd only be losing a VT. That in itself is no excuse to lynch, but I don't buy the "oh, I guess the thing that was supposed to confirm me didn't happen, so let's lynch this other person in an attempt to confirm me again" routine. If we've got to pick between the two of them, Newt is by far the lesser loss, and of the two he's coming across as way scummier.

Maegereg
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 06-14-10 11:43 PM CT (US)     1550 / 2021  
    Also, the HTML in the player list has become rather badly screwed up.

Maegereg
    Free Kenan
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 41  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Monty Python and the Holy Grail Mafia - Endgame
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to: