Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: April 2011
posted 01 May 2011 05:26 AM EDT (US)   
I ventured into the graveyard and a spooky cloud of mist fell upon me. I felt my spine chill, as if a cold finger was running down it. A long droning sound of 'wooooo!' split the silence.
'Reach, stop arsing about!' I said. Reach sighed and removed his ghost mask. I wish I hadn't told him to stop now...
We approached the gravestone to observe a tall figure raising the dead. I stepped in with the MOTM microphone to conduct the interview.

(Hover over pictures for caption)

Yeebaagooon: Welcome. So Necromancer, why are there so many random capitals and numbers in your name?
Necromancer: I just thought it would be more interesting than the regular wording of necromancer. No special reason.

Yeebaagooon: I'm going to jump straight in to screenshots. You seem to be the master of 2D - what aspect draws you towards 2D?
Necromancer: There are many things you can do with 2D that can't be done with 3D. Particularly creating complex figures out of a bunch of different objects, since most objects can't have their height changed. When I make a 3D screenshot it feels more like I'm making a diorama or a sculpture, but when I make a 2D shot it feels like I'm making a painting.

Yeebaagooon: You certainly managed that with your death shot! Do you always have a clear picture of what you want or do you make it up as you go along?
Necromancer: It varies. I usually have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to make, but my ideas for some shots evolve as I'm making them. For my death screenshot, however, I had a clear idea of what I was going to do from the very beginning. I had a flash of inspiration and thought "This is what I'm going to make."

Yeebaagooon: And what changes when you do 3D?
Necromancer: Perspective, for one. 3D shots have a lot more depth, after all. Lighting is way more important as well.

Yeebaagooon: How do you achieve good lighting? Do you make your own files or play about with the colours until they're just right?
Necromancer: I usually play around with the colours.

Yeebaagooon: And what has been your favourite shot :P?
Necromancer: My Death screenshot, of course. It's quality exceeds the others by leaps and bounds. The pieces came together perfectly for that one.

Yeebaagooon: Do you ever think of combining multiple screenshots or making scenarios/cinematics?
Necromancer: Absolutely. There are multiple projects I've been working on. One particular scenario I'm working on is a group project that is shaping up to be awesome. I plan on releasing a preview once I finish the intro cinematic.

Yeebaagooon: Ooh, looking forward to that one . So moving off AOM now, I hear you went to Kandersteg. What antics did you get up to?
Necromancer: Kandersteg was lots of fun! I got to hang out with scouts from all over the world. I got to hike on the Alps and over a glacier. Switzerland really is beautiful. I even got to do something called crate stacking.

Yeebaagooon: You didn't have to go all the way to Switzerland to do crate stacking :P? Did you happen to see the Bern-Wankdorf sign that caused all my lot to laugh xD?
Necromancer: I don't specifically remember it. where was it?

Yeebaagooon: On a road somewhere.
Necromancer: I must have missed it. My experiences at Kandersteg were something I'll remenber for the rest of my life. Hopefully I'll get to go there again someday.

Yeebaagooon: Absolutely. Now what is your average day like?
Necromancer: I wake, up get ready, and head off to school. After morning classes, I have a lot of free time before my next class, so I usually hang out and play games with my friends in the student lounge. After my last class I head home. Then I usually go on a 4 or 5 mile run. After that I finish my homework, then I usually play Minecraft or AoM till it's time to go to bed. On weekends I usually see a movie, and sometimes have an activity or camp out with my venture crew.

Yeebaagooon: Awesome. Any final words for us?
Necromancer: I'm glad to have the honour of being member of the month, and I plan to keep contributing to AoMH the best I can in the future. This really is an awesome community!

Yeebaagooon: Excellent, thanks for taking part.
Necromancer: I think that went well.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 01 May 2011 05:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
Congrats Necro .

Looks like I was in the same place as you in 2007, but we didn't do that walk again in 2010.

And here's the sign I was on about that all my lot will remember forever . We're so immature.... Especially me.

Unfortunately I've become old now so the only way I can stay at scouts is to become a leader which just puts so many restrictions on things and makes having a good time a lot more difficult. I'd much rather still be a young leader or SPL .
Oh well you only realise what you really like when you lose it.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 01 May 2011 06:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
bottom picture does not have magic captions yeb

Congratulations Necro

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 01 May 2011 06:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Indeed congratultions are in order, I've seen some of your work before and I do like it myself.

1. Perfection is impossible.
2. Nothing is impossible.
3. There are always exceptions.
posted 01 May 2011 09:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Congratulations necro, you really deserved it with your amazing shots

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 01 May 2011 11:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
Wow, bravo Necro

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 01 May 2011 11:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
Funny, there's a forummer named Necromancer on another forum I often visit.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
posted 01 May 2011 11:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Nice!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 01 May 2011 11:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
Congratulations Necro! You certainly deserved this one.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 02 May 2011 00:17 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
congrats Necromancer
your 2d art never ceases to amaze

Maker of Age of mythology Reviews and Total War Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/necrontyr1800
posted 02 May 2011 00:37 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Congrats you make great shots.
posted 02 May 2011 10:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
I love hiking! Me and my friends use to hike at least once every summer. Not in the Alps though, we must content ourselves with the Swedish woods. We did plan going to Scotland, never executed though.

posted 02 May 2011 11:31 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Congratulations, Necro

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 02 May 2011 01:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
posted 03 May 2011 08:30 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Thanks everyone! This really is an honor, I'll keep up the good work!

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 06 May 2011 06:31 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
Congrats dude

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: April 2011
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames