You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Need a review? Post here! (Last Updated: 09-19-04)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 18 July 2003 06:03 PM EDT (US)   
I thought it's about time we get a thread like this and hopefully get some good reviews for scenarios

Here's how this thread works: Post the name and link to your campaign, scenario, AI, utility, or mod, and then people will give it a review. Please be patient as a good review takes a while to make.

Please Note! A review should be at least 3 well-developed sentences per category, if not more, and follow the review guidelines.[/b]

-Campaign-

• The Tenth Year (Final) by Heirkles

-Single Player Scenario-

• --TheCityRPG-- by The Nodgene

• The Twelve Labors of Heracles by Hand of Zeus

• Battle of Pellenor Fields Scenario by AG99

-Multiplayer Scenario-

• Water Expedition by Il_Roxy_lI

• Myth Blood: A New Generation BETA by KaStOr_55

• Mythodea by BrTarolg

• Forgotten Lands by Esus

• Stargate Collection by Megaman exe

• The Last Warriors by Doomsday Dragon

• Super Nomad II by titanomachy485

-Random Map Script RMS-

-Artificial Intelligence AI-

-Utility-

-Mods-

Important Note
    Please read the Review Guidelines before posting a review to ensure that your review is professional, balanced, and fair. Also take a look at Rasher's Note on Reviewing

So what're you waiting for, start posting your requests!

[This message has been edited by CheeZy (edited 12-07-2004 @ 09:39 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 18 July 2003 06:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 367  
    If I could get a volunteer to review Shilmista when it comes out?

Byz
    Tsunami Studios
    "People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
    posted 18 July 2003 09:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 367  
    Mail be a copy of AoM and I'll join as a reviewer...
    posted 19 July 2003 01:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 367  
    Good idea. To further it however, I request that there be a section at AoMH for new reviews or new official reviews if a team of official reviewers is created. I prefer the second suggestion to the first.
    posted 19 July 2003 02:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 367  
    I'm with iNt on that one.

Byz
    Tsunami Studios
    posted 19 July 2003 04:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 367  
    Name: The Call Of Medusa Trailer
    Link:http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=1341

Its only a trailer remember.

Presenting...
    Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
    The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
    Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 19 July 2003 09:13 AM EDT (US)     6 / 367  
    could you review my campaicn which should be coming out next saturday called 'a new evil'but might not due to cinematic problems...

YOU CANNOT RESIST THE POWER OF TEH n00bs1111111111
    posted 19 July 2003 10:44 AM EDT (US)     7 / 367  
    Struggle for Victory(SfV)
    My first non-random map game!
    PLOT:Gargerensis has turned Odyseuss and Amanra into statues of poseidon
    You must kill Gargerensis for that!
    however Gargerensis has set up a maze which you enter from the start of the game thats impossible to exit. At least he thinks. Zeus has blessed Arkantos
    by enchanting pheonix eggs in the mazes which can give you god powers etc.
    one pheonix egg can turn amanra and oddyseuss back to there former bodies. But this pheonix egg is only one of dozens youll find in the game.
    To win, kill Gargerensis and Kemsyt.
    Some eycandy is included.

Well nobody reviewed or voted for this map so i hope they do now

Vote like this
    Overall:
    Creativity:
    Instructions:
    Difficulty:
    Sorry for long post!

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
    ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
    Member since May 5th, 2003

[This message has been edited by jonathan1222 (edited 07-19-2003 @ 10:45 AM).]

posted 19 July 2003 12:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 367  
    Great idea! I did not get too many comments so far for my first scenario, I hope that changes now. So please take a look at

The Reluctant Heroine http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=1362

posted 19 July 2003 05:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 367  
    This isn't a place to plug your upcoming scenarios and campaigns guys, so please don't say "Can I get a review for me scenario which comes out next week?". Just post the link and info if you need a review when your project is out, just like everyone else.

Also I'm not to fond of putting up scenario previews for review requests but I'll let them pass for now.

@iNtRePiD
    You know, I was just thinking about something like that a few days ago, having a bit on the download section that shows recently reviewed downloads. I'll talk to Soc about that. Maybe later on when the download section picks up and has alot more things to review we might get an official AOMH reviewer group to go and select things for a "Best of the Best" section. For now we don't even have a "Best of AOMH" section so that'll have to wait.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
    WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
    "But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
    ----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy monkey (edited 07-19-2003 @ 05:04 PM).]

posted 19 July 2003 05:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 367  

There is a Best of AoMH sections, overall and individual both ways.

The AoKH style has already been mentioned/suggested/talked about before, we can try again too and hopefully something will be done

Can you do the Double Yoda?
    A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    posted 19 July 2003 05:33 PM EDT (US)     11 / 367  
    Sorry CheeZy (about the preview thing) it wont happen again, honest, I'm really sorry...

Presenting...
    Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 19 July 2003 11:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 367  

Quote:

"Can I get a review for me scenario which comes out next week?". Just post the link and info if you need a review when your project is out, just like everyone else.

Well soooorry Oh Great One.

Byz
    Tsunami Studios
    posted 20 July 2003 02:43 AM EDT (US)     13 / 367  
    Could someone please review Mytholoader?
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=1380

It's basically a mod installation/uninstallation utility, with a bunch of special features.

I'll do some reviewing as well. Karma, you know; do unto others as you would have them do unto you! Actually that's not a bad idea... perhaps people would have to review something on the list before getting their stuff reviewed? Just a thought.

posted 20 July 2003 04:52 AM EDT (US)     14 / 367  
    I think we've hit a bit of a snag in this thread. I think people are just going to keep posting "review this review that" (which is fine) but I dont think that actually anybody will review them. Someone needs to get some people and give them the job of reviewing or something...

Presenting...
    Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 20 July 2003 05:34 AM EDT (US)     15 / 367  
    In my opinion this is a bad idea. Authors should not review other authors work.

For example I could give a good rating to someone and he could do the same to me just to compliment my good review. Then together we could bury someones work just because we think he's a threat to our!

Take a look at The_Mapmaker's "Colloseum". Carnkhan4 gave him a 1 rating because he thinks Mapmaker stole his idea so to get even Mapmaker gave a 1 rating to all of Carnkhan's scenarios!!!

I think the best way to do this is to create a small team of maybe 3 unbias people and they will review every new scenario!

posted 20 July 2003 07:01 AM EDT (US)     16 / 367  
    Well, I'm very busy perfecting 12 Chapter 2, so I would really appreciate people reviewing chapter 1, because out of 406 downloads, and only 2 reviews, i was hoping for more feedback. Mainly all I want to know it what worked and what didn't (not as in bugs, but design).

Heres a link
    TWELVE: DARK BEGINNINGS

and please be as harsh as you want. Even if it was my first ever campaign, i want the brutal truth..

Thanks

BTW Good idea :P

KillaFish
    | Graphics | Design | Programming |
    posted 20 July 2003 07:35 AM EDT (US)     17 / 367  
    Ill review A reluctant Heroine soon, ocne I have some more time.
    posted 20 July 2003 10:35 AM EDT (US)     18 / 367  

Quote:

In my opinion this is a bad idea. Authors should not review other authors work.

Infact, authors have been reviewing other author's works since the beginning of HG.

If you feel that you have been handed out an unfair review, e-mail me at shahkum@iit.edu, and I will look into the matter and remove the reveiw if it doesnt meet the review guidelines.

A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    posted 20 July 2003 11:33 AM EDT (US)     19 / 367  
    I agree with Vassils. You should get a team together, and make them reviewers.

Presenting...
    Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 20 July 2003 02:38 PM EDT (US)     20 / 367  

AoKH implemented a review team (official reviewers) when there were enough reviews (good reviews I may add) by these people in the Blacksmith.

At the moment, apart from around 2-3 people, I dont see anybody capable, trustworthy to be in the team. And a reviewer team cant be of 2 people, coz they dont have time always to play all scns and review them.

Plus, we cant just make reviews narrowed down to some people, its a free site and people are able to express their opinions through reviews or comments. And as I said, if there is some reivew not meeting the review guidelines, then just e-mail me with a link, and I will look into and remove it.

posted 20 July 2003 06:19 PM EDT (US)     21 / 367  
    Just like quality posters, theres quality reviewers, and just like bad threads, bad reviews can be deleted. Don't worry.

Reviews take a while to make, A reviewer first has to thoroughly evaluate whatever he is reviewing and fully understand it to give a strong review.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
    WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
    "But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
    ----Stuff I've Made----
    posted 21 July 2003 12:49 PM EDT (US)     22 / 367  
    well although no one in the forum knows me i'm sure i could be of some help, i'm so fed up of people who don't thoroughly test their scenarios i'll do anything to get rid of these. i'm more than happy to join your squad.
    posted 21 July 2003 01:32 PM EDT (US)     23 / 367  
    Gozman, I don't think the idea of a review should be to "get rid" of people who are not up to your standards. Reviews are about telling people what they did wrong, and where they can improve.
    posted 21 July 2003 01:40 PM EDT (US)     24 / 367  
    I think he means get rid of the scenarios, not people.

I would be glad if someone would review my mod "Battle Dwarves," which is found under my sig. I'm pretty active and fair with testing and reviewing, so I might do a few reviews.

Byz: Count me in, I'll be glad to review your scenario!

Exiled
    Battle Dwarves
    Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
    posted 21 July 2003 04:20 PM EDT (US)     25 / 367  
    I'd appreciate it if somebody could review my new scenario: A Slaves Oddyssey: The Induction Chamber, you can download it by through this link or you can read about it in this thread.
    It is a single player scenario

[This message has been edited by Hero Jason (edited 07-21-2003 @ 04:21 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Need a review? Post here! (Last Updated: 09-19-04)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames