Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Sixth Somewhat-Annually-Held Designer Awards - Discussion
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 23 January 2009 12:51 PM EDT (US)   

The Sixth Somewhat-Annually-Held Designer Awards

Discussion Thread

Send all complaints to yeebaagooon(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Whew, its been a whopping twelve months since the last Designer Awards, and I see it time for another round of nominating, voting, and disagreeing about the final results! For simplicity sake, the format for the threads of this contest will be the same as the last. Maybe we should consider having these bi-yearly?

Thread Purpose and Agenda

As you might have guessed, this thread is essentially just a place where forumers can discuss, banter, brag, and generally chat it up about the Designer Awards. That said, I must insist that all such discourse be kept to this thread and this thread alone; sifting through too much clutter in the nomination and voting threads makes tabulating votes an even more painful process.

Layout:

There will be six separate threads for the awards....

• Discussion Thread 1st - 22nd
    The thread where you share you opinions on the current system. Suggestions, complaints, comments, etc belong here to prevent clutter.
    (This thread)

• New Award Nominations 1st - 6th
    Nominate new awards you would like to see for this year's ceremony.

• New Award Voting 6th - 11th
    Now vote for the best nominations for new awards. Only the ones with the highest votes will be included.

• Nominations 11th - 21stAfter the discussion is over, it is time for the nominations. You nominate designers, scenarios, mods, etc in this thread.

• Voting 21st - 26th
    After nominating the fun doesn't stop! This thread is used for voting, and ONLY voting. No comments please.

• Presentation 28th Progress - Best Critic/Reviewer complete
    The fun is still not over! The winners of the awards will be presented in this thread after being tallied up.

Now is where you come in. Discuss anything that has to do with the awards. What awards do you want? When should the nominating/voting take place? Do you like waffles? Should the nominating happen in a different way? Everything is on the table for discussion. (Though is not guaranteed to change).

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-03-2009 @ 12:50 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 01 February 2009 04:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 58  
    *Bump*

Let's go.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    posted 01 February 2009 04:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 58  
    I saw the image of the review team in the nominate thread and lol'd.

btw what happened with the review team?

Inactive? hahahahaha

A green great dragon.
    posted 01 February 2009 04:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 58  
    That wasn't intended for the review team . The inactive denotes the empty chair. Who occupies it is up for you to decide .

posted 01 February 2009 05:13 AM EDT (US)     4 / 58  
    Who occupies it is up for you to decide
    ....yeah the review team.

A green great dragon.
    posted 01 February 2009 06:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 58  
    Quoted from Leto II at the New Award Nominations
    The "how did he do it?" award
    Given to the modder/scen designer that has found the most impresive function of the game, like triggers, rms and xml editing.

The "Great Expectations" Design Award
    Given to the Scenario Design project that had everyone dreaming to download it, and then was abandon.
    Hmm those 2 are pretty interesting Leto
    posted 01 February 2009 06:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 58  
    The Best Modpack and Best Modpack of the Year, shouldnt be for the best graphical mod, but it should rate all aspects; modding is more than change the look of the game, the best mods are the ones that improve the fun of playing AOM.
    posted 01 February 2009 08:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 58  
    Very interesting new awards so far. I'll add mine at the end, just seeing what people come up with.

Only one of mine had been taken so far; 'Most anticipated'.

posted 01 February 2009 08:35 AM EDT (US)     8 / 58  
    Burj Dubai
    Damn Yeebee, how come you always find those cool pictures ^.^
    posted 01 February 2009 08:49 AM EDT (US)     9 / 58  
    Wait until you see where the voting is being held .

posted 01 February 2009 09:33 AM EDT (US)     10 / 58  
    Quoted from Henrz at New Award Nominations
    Best new Scenario Designer
    Best new Scenario Designer at AomH.
    That could be me ^.^ I'm a new designer for AomH so.

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 02-01-2009 @ 09:36 AM).]

posted 01 February 2009 09:46 AM EDT (US)     11 / 58  
    What about being a Henrz though, who could win that

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 01 February 2009 11:41 AM EDT (US)     12 / 58  
    I am happy with my place in the council. What powers have I got again?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    posted 01 February 2009 04:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 58  
    Do the christmas competition things count as 2008 release because we submitted them in 2008, or 2009 release because they were released to the public in 2009?
    posted 01 February 2009 05:36 PM EDT (US)     14 / 58  
    Yeah I basically mean anything after the last awards. I'll clarify this in the voting thread.

posted 01 February 2009 05:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 58  
    Awesome, I'm one of the desk guys .

I was also astounded.
    posted 01 February 2009 06:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 58  
    Moar awards.

My signature is fly. It takes up one line.
    posted 06 February 2009 11:19 AM EDT (US)     17 / 58  
    The New Award Voting Thread is now up. We are in phase 2.

posted 06 February 2009 11:51 AM EDT (US)     18 / 58  
    Groar, go award thread go
    posted 08 February 2009 10:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 58  
    Is there already a best taunt pack award? Cuz I didnt see it in the voting thread...

It's the only one I stand a chance of winning lol... unless you think Whack a Mole is really creative lol.
    posted 10 February 2009 02:22 AM EDT (US)     20 / 58  
    I come back from my holiday on the 21st, so I'm moving the presentations to the 23rd to allow me time to write them up.

posted 10 February 2009 03:44 AM EDT (US)     21 / 58  
    Did I get nominated or something?
    posted 10 February 2009 05:47 AM EDT (US)     22 / 58  
    No.

posted 10 February 2009 08:52 AM EDT (US)     23 / 58  
    It serves me right for not makeing anything this peroid.

Can't we just give all the awards to "The Corrupter" and be done with it?

Out Reach
    The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
    posted 11 February 2009 11:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 58  
    The following awards have been carried forwards:

Best New Scenario Idea
    Most Intriguing Story
    Best Project Presentation
    The "how did he do it?" award
    The Most useful trigger award.
    Best new Scenario Designer
    Most Prolific Scenario Designer of the Year
    Best Screenshot Creator
    Best Scenario Designer of the Year
    Most helpful playtester

posted 11 February 2009 11:17 AM EDT (US)     25 / 58  
    Make sure to change those 'of the year' awards into spelling-wise qualified titles.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Sixth Somewhat-Annually-Held Designer Awards - Discussion
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames