Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOM Scenario Trigger Editor
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 26 January 2010 08:39 AM EDT (US)   
Age Of Mythology Scenario Trigger Editor

What is this?
AOM Scenario Trigger Editor will allow you to edit the triggers in your scenarion in a more advanced way because you will be able to create new conditions and effects only in the scenario without the use of XS user code, and you will be able to make params for them. You will be able to copy and paste entire groups, which is very helpful for sims. You will be able to easily change the order of triggers via cut copy and paste. And, you will be able to see more than one at the same time without even opening another window of the program.

In other words, new trigger files ar for begginners, and professionals can speed up the process a bit.

Screenshot(s):
Syntax Highlighting Test - http://www.LB-Stuff.com/HeavenGames/AOM_STE_beta2_ss1.png
Syntax Highlighting & Status Bar - http://www.LB-Stuff.com/HeavenGames/AOM_STE_beta2_ss2.png

So far I have:
-MDI (Multiple Document Interface)
-Syntax Highlighting & line numbering
-Icons for every single menu command, to make it a bit more foreign language friendly
-Directly Decompressing and Recompressing scn and scx files, so you can directly edit things in the scenario yourself with a good hex editor.

What I plan to have: (for release)
-Ability to open, edit, and save triggers from Scenarios (*.scn;*.scx) and Trigger Files (*.trg)
-Syntax Highlighting of the XS code inside Command and Expression tags in the XML
-Ability to save the XML from the program, and also to export the current trigger setup to XS, similar to how AOM generates a trigtemp.xs file when you playtest any scenario with triggers in it.

What I plan to have in future releases:
-Little [-] and [+] icons next to the tag groups so you can expand and collapse the tags like when viewing an XML file in IE or Notepad++.

Overall Progress : ~38%

Special thanks to invent00r, ykkrosh, Mythic_Freak, and the rest of the forum's members.

I'll try to keep you guys posted!

[This message has been edited by Green_Turtle (edited 04-30-2010 @ 11:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 26 January 2010 09:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
Wow this will be really useful, even to test new triggers, keep it up

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 26 January 2010 09:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
posted 26 January 2010 12:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
Awesome - jsut need like a terrain heights editor now so we can make extreme elevation easily.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 26 January 2010 01:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
Should be very sexy!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 26 January 2010 04:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40  
Nice, but I would rather edit them with notepad ++

Could you just make it convert text files into the correct scenario? L33t files are somewhat edible, but having an easier syntax would help
posted 26 January 2010 05:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40  
Yea you don't need stuff like display names. It be easier if you just had the direct trigger commands with the parameters already in slightly like the trigger file that is generated when you playtest a scenario.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 26 January 2010 06:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
True, but some people might want names to be shown... Maybe give an option to toggle them on/off.

I can't seem to find information on what language you are using to develope this- is it visual editor of Fusion?

This program should be handy and helpful creating scenarios with triggers.

[This message has been edited by rjs23 (edited 01-26-2010 @ 06:09 PM).]

posted 26 January 2010 09:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 40  
I posted what language I use in the other thread - it is Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer, found on this site.

What excatly do you mean by not having the names? That is the format that they are saved as in the scenario. As you may know, in the trigger editor, you can insert a default effect or condition, and it's name you can edit. However, the type you can't edit. See the program from my previous thread to see what I mean. Please explain in more detail what you mean.

As for making a file like trigtemp.xs, yes I will have an export option for it. You can also save it in XML format directly from the program, if you wish.

Glad you guys are looking forward to it! I will try hard to make sure it works properly the first few times. Right now I am 80% finnished with the user interface, and I'll be able to start working on the meaty part of it.

AOM Scenario Trigger Editor Official Thread!

Chat Contains without OOS for online!
Want to know what happens when you mess with water and elevation in a random map script? Well, you'll want to see this, then.

[This message has been edited by Green_Turtle (edited 13-32-2011 @ 13:60 AM).]
posted 26 January 2010 10:05 PM EDT (US)     9 / 40  
Shouldn't you do the meaty part first? :P
posted 27 January 2010 00:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 40  
Looks very cool!

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 27 January 2010 00:36 AM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
A good feature to have would be a tag collapser.

Say you have the code,
<trigger1>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
</trigger1>

Add a little button to the side that either shows or hides the code.
From this:
[-]<trigger1>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
<etc.><etc.>
</trigger1>

To this:
[+]<trigger1> </trigger1>

And back again.
If you don't understand, use Notepad++ to see what I mean.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 27 January 2010 08:17 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40  
I know what you mean, like the way IE views XML files. Sorry, this cannot be done without re-scripting all of the entire interface for the text. You can just copy and paste to/from Notepad++ if you really want the feature bad, but I cannot implement it just yet.

Actually, I may be able to, but it would take some time. I will get everything else done first, and then see what can be done. Thanks for the idea!

Want to know what happens when you mess with water and elevation in a random map script? Well, you'll want to see this, then.

posted 27 January 2010 08:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
Although it's great that you put effort in your own editor, I'm afraid not many people will prefer it over their favorite text editor. So make sure to have some import/export function for sure.

Great job though!

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 27 January 2010 12:43 PM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
posted 27 January 2010 01:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
Shouldn't you do the meaty part first?
I think he has already done the meaty stuff, he probably trying to wrap it with up plastic so it doesn't go bad when it gets shipped.
posted 27 January 2010 08:53 PM EDT (US)     16 / 40  
Well, if I were to do the hard stuff first, I wouldn't have a very easy time of debugging it, now would i? I do is last so that I have a ready-made interface to easily see what's going on and how to get it working properly.

And of course I will have export options! Though I am only adding them because you ask, I really don't see the point of it because there is copy and paste. Saving a file and loding it is a lot more work for lazy people.

And, on a small note, I am having issues with find and replace (bugs I cannot fix) and they will be disabled until the issue is resolved. Unless you only want to be able to fin the first match and nothing else, I'll keep them disabled to prevent confusion.

posted 27 January 2010 11:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 40  
I don't see any of the rule properties, ie frequency, active/inactive, loop in your sample screenshot. Will we be able to edit those from outside the editor?
posted 28 January 2010 00:22 AM EDT (US)     18 / 40  
posted 28 January 2010 07:58 AM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
Yes, that screenshot (as clearly written) was just for a test of the syntax highlighting lexer. I would not leave out a feature as important as that!

posted 31 January 2010 01:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
Gah, I am having trouble loading small files, and when I load large files it takes forever to decompress them, causing the app to freeze. I am trying to work this out, but just know that I am still developing this.

posted 31 January 2010 01:59 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
The slowness is probably because you're using shitty multimedia fusion or w/e.
posted 31 January 2010 02:56 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
Loading large files can freeze your application, i can see that. My way to fix this, would be give it a break every .5 second or so for .1 second.
posted 31 January 2010 03:57 PM EDT (US)     23 / 40  
The slowness is probably because you're using shitty multimedia fusion or w/e.
It's not MMF2! It's the size of the file! Honestly, why do you hate it so much?

Anyway I can't give it breaks because it's one whole function, and I can't change any of it without A) paying more money for a compiler for C++, B) Getting permision to edit the source, and C) Having to rescript my app to incorperate the change. In other words, it's a forward or stop situation. The software I use to develope is great, just not some of the features that other people have made for it.

Anyway I am making progress and I will just have to see if I can request the object to be changed by the original author. Untill then I will keep working on the program becuse this is only a temporary thing, and I can still work on the rest of the program.

Anyone have any ideas how I can incorperate Comments into the scenario file? Or will I simply have to disable them?

posted 31 January 2010 05:42 PM EDT (US)     24 / 40  
does it have interval function where function are called repeatably every x microsecond until itself is stopped?
Anyone have any ideas how I can incorperate Comments into the scenario file? Or will I simply have to disable them?
Why do you want to put comments in scenario where it's encrypted?

[This message has been edited by rjs23 (edited 01-31-2010 @ 05:43 PM).]

posted 31 January 2010 07:02 PM EDT (US)     25 / 40  
You can hide comments as just blank triggers.

C++ compilers are free :P
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AOM Scenario Trigger Editor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames