You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Final Fantasy 001. New Rpg.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 April 2011 03:54 AM EDT (US)   
Final Fantasy I

Final Fantasy 1 although the name is not original is a new series of rpg i am working on.

The main character of this series is a boy named Kai. Travelling far from home in search of adventure. He is accompanied by many other friends as he goes through perilous quests and duels monster of pure evil.

As people know me as an eyecandy nut and expect nothing less than that. I have spent hours on crafting the triggers to make this game feel most rpg as it could possibly be. There are parts in the first map which leaves me asking myself, "did I do that?" I think I may have found a new style of eyecandy and game play. I have focused very much on the story telling in these new maps. Lots and lots of dialog to better understand the game and let it grab you and pull you into a fantasy world unlike any other.

Progress

Eyecandy: 80%

Triggers: 75%

Map Information

Map size: 600x400

Trigger Count: 408

Size: 627kbs

Screenshots

Note: Screenshots and more information coming soon.

|MEMORY|

[This message has been edited by Kai Hirogashi (edited 07-23-2011 @ 03:09 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 April 2011 04:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 46  
sounds awesome. When you ask yourself "did I make that?" then it have to be awesome.

Can't wait to see screenshots.

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
So welcome to the other side.
This trip here is hell...
posted 29 April 2011 06:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
It's good to see you're still designing scenarios.

I like some of the locations in your screenshots, I look forward to adventuring through them.

Does the 001 in the title mean there will be 998 sequels?
posted 29 April 2011 10:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
Looks awesome, that is some great eyecandy!

On a different note, where have you been, man? You didn't respond to any of my emails when it was your turn on the community map, and you actually seemed to have vanished right after signing up.

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 29 April 2011 03:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 46  
Remember that old scenerio called final fantasy? That one was so much fun.
posted 29 April 2011 05:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
This map will have sequels however i want to finish this one first fully, sumit it and then start the next one. I may need some help with some areas for my trigger knowledge is good but som areas make me crazy! Well if i need the help i will ask in the question thread, lol. Sorry about the Community map i was so busy.

|MEMORY|
posted 30 April 2011 01:09 AM EDT (US)     6 / 46  
You are one of the few reasons I stick around SD Kai. Your eyecandy style is amazing, and I am not too ashamed to say that I have based a lot of my work on yours.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
posted 30 April 2011 05:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 46  
This looks AWESOME. I really love your eyecandy style Kai. Totally looking forward to this.

-> Age of Monster Hunters finally released! <-
~ Best RPG of the year 2010... ~
~- Brave Sword - Improved Version -~
My first project:
Advanced Rain Guide
-Member of Paradox Desing Studios-
posted 30 April 2011 12:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
I love those eyecandy portals

Will characters be able to get through them ?

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 30 April 2011 01:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
Kai, are you getting the emails I'm sending you?

posted 30 April 2011 04:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
I have just added over 50 more triggers and eyecandy is going full pace. This may be finished sooner than i thought. Aomexpert, dude if you havent seen the many times i have commented on that then please look more closely. Perp or no one else is giving me such a headache as you! sorry but its true...

|MEMORY|
posted 01 May 2011 05:03 AM EDT (US)     11 / 46  
Kai, if you need help with triggers - give me a buzz on MSN.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 02 May 2011 02:39 AM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
Sure! Thanks yeebaagooon i might need a way to randomly create enemy units when youre in the desiredarea but not with qvrandom and then cond qvcheck it takes too long, how can i do this?

|MEMORY|
posted 02 May 2011 07:37 AM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
Kai, have a look at the triggers in this post.

There I used them for effects but they're good to deploy random units in a squared area as well.

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 05 May 2011 08:51 PM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
Quoted from Kai:
dude if you havent seen the many times i have commented on that then please look more closely. Perp or no one else is giving me such a headache as you! sorry but its true...
Where am I looking? Your thread for the competition? If you've sent emails I haven't recieved them. I don't mean to piss you off.

posted 05 May 2011 09:13 PM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
@Kai:

What I would do is create one single trigger that deploys invisible blocks around the player. Loop it.

Have another trigger randomize two qv's every fifteen seconds or so. The first qv to determine if monsters should appear from the first trigger. The second qv to determine which type.

Then you can use that trigger to deploy every single unit and won't need to touch it again.

All you will need to change is for every area set up as many variations to the type of monster hoard you want.

Make sense?
posted 05 May 2011 09:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
Thymole it makes a little sense, though not fully. haha

Could you perhaps make me an example map? Send it to my email.

kai_is_dreaming@hotmail.com

Thanks man.

|MEMORY|
posted 05 May 2011 11:11 PM EDT (US)     17 / 46  
May I ask a question ?
How do you do so the rocks get enlarged with the terrain like in your first screenshot please ?

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.
posted 05 May 2011 11:18 PM EDT (US)     18 / 46  
Boulder Walls enlarge if you put them on terrain elevation peaks

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 05 May 2011 11:48 PM EDT (US)     19 / 46  
@ Lostrazz - do you have a download submitted for your triggers? besides the multiplayer and rpg specific ones, like those that are for general scenario use? I find it hard to keep track of all the good triggers

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 05 May 2011 11:58 PM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
Yeah but, i've actually seen some people doing that with buildings O.o

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.
posted 06 May 2011 00:33 AM EDT (US)     21 / 46  
Since the name is "Final Fantasy 001." do you honestly expect to get into the triple digits?
posted 06 May 2011 08:55 AM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
Wow... your screenshots look amazing as always. Only the first screenshot looks a bit out of place.

btw, try using "+1*trQuestVarGet("Final_Fantasy_version")+" to fix the digits.

Terrible joke, sorry

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 06 May 2011 01:26 PM EDT (US)     23 / 46  
@Winston: Yes I should do so, I will as soon as I clean my typetest from tests-not working triggers
btw, try using "+1*trQuestVarGet("Final_Fantasy_version")+" to fix the digits.
XD

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 06 May 2011 02:16 PM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
Well what exactly do you want to do with the enemies
posted 06 May 2011 04:38 PM EDT (US)     25 / 46  
If they should appear, how many, random location around army and anything extra you could add. thanks

|MEMORY|
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Final Fantasy 001. New Rpg.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames