You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 98 99 100  Next Page »
posted 12 February 2007 02:10 AM EDT (US)   
Please go here for the new thread.

So you have a question? You can post it here!
Lol, the actual asking of a question is approximately <1% of the entire question process. - oddy
Ironically, this thread has decreased the quality of posts at SD, because now the smart people post here -Spitfire

An age has ended, the old question thread has reached the 2500th post, after the era's of King Jared, ArticWind7, and Paperfriend we are in need of a new thread. It has many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous three threads?
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling?
Greyshark has produced a very useful guide But I have found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9, Arrgghhh! Army deploy dosnt work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

This thread will continue past post 2500 until it reaches its limit.
There is no limit, and as such, the 2500th poster should get the new thread to avoid that the thread info gets corrupted. Just a heads up.
Noooooo, must get that post!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-08-2008 @ 11:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08 January 2008 08:03 AM EDT (US)     2476 / 2501  
@Mythicfreak, i dont think so

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 08 January 2008 09:23 AM EDT (US)     2477 / 2501  
@:Mythic_Freak
I was actually thinking of making a tool for that but I don't seem to have the time for that...
Hand-coded coordinates are a really boring.
I'm confident that ES guys had some sort of tool that helped them...

-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 08 January 2008 09:43 AM EDT (US)     2478 / 2501  
probably, but like many things, ES kept it to themselves

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 08 January 2008 09:55 AM EDT (US)     2479 / 2501  
It can't be that difficult, well, the basics:

* open the xml file
* parse the (basic) code - no commands etc. needed
* include a bar/ddt reader to open texture files
* convert from 1024x768 to [your prog preview size]
* show the image in the preview
* convert the mouse clicks back to the 1024 thingy
* save it to a file.

Who has a lot of free time here?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 08 January 2008 09:58 AM EDT (US)     2480 / 2501  
2 questions about triggers:

1.how do i add an objective,and how do i make an objective appear only if the conditions are met?

2.what condition must i apply so that an effect would occur only if object A is close enough to object B?

and a third question:
how do i get a wall of atlantis in the yellow colour type you see in some screenshots?

[This message has been edited by eyecandy of doom (edited 01-08-2008 @ 10:06 AM).]

posted 08 January 2008 10:05 AM EDT (US)     2481 / 2501  
2.what condition must i apply so that an effect would occur only if object A is close enough to object B?
condition - distance to unit

question 1 is the effect with the word objective in it suprisingly. But i've forgoton its exact name.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 08 January 2008 10:07 AM EDT (US)     2482 / 2501  
and a third question:
how do i get a wall of atlantis in the yellow colour type you see in some screenshots?

updated:
PDS Presents: ROME 78 BC
first page of this forum

and also,i tryed distance to unit. can you help me with a precise walkthrough?

[This message has been edited by eyecandy of doom (edited 01-08-2008 @ 10:13 AM).]

posted 08 January 2008 10:10 AM EDT (US)     2483 / 2501  
link to the screenshot, it could be done in a few ways, would need to see it to say exact method.

Out Reach
posted 08 January 2008 10:13 AM EDT (US)     2484 / 2501  
1.how do i add an objective,and how do i make an objective appear only if the conditions are met?
Effect:
Objective

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici
posted 08 January 2008 10:20 AM EDT (US)     2485 / 2501  
updated:
PDS Presents: ROME 78 BC
first page of this forum

and also,i tryed distance to unit. can you help me with a precise walkthrough?
posted 08 January 2008 10:23 AM EDT (US)     2486 / 2501  
place two units

set 1 as one of the units
set the other as the other unit
set the symbol to < or <=
set the number to 5

now when the two units are within 5 spaces of each other the trigger will fire.

Out Reach
posted 08 January 2008 10:24 AM EDT (US)     2487 / 2501  
use the grid to determine spaces

posted 08 January 2008 10:26 AM EDT (US)     2488 / 2501  
yellow atlantian wall - it looks like a texture MOD. I'm not sure if its released yet. ask in the thread.

Out Reach
posted 08 January 2008 10:43 AM EDT (US)     2489 / 2501  
Is tha-.. What the he- *faints* ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 08 January 2008 10:50 AM EDT (US)     2490 / 2501  
Reach why do you always say MOD in capitals ;p.

Yellow Atlantean wall sounds nice.

10 posts left on my beloved thread .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 08 January 2008 11:13 AM EDT (US)     2491 / 2501  
do you think i need to be more subliminal yeebaagooon.

Out Reach
posted 08 January 2008 11:14 AM EDT (US)     2492 / 2501  
Oh nevermind, I shouldn't question your capitals ;p.

posted 08 January 2008 11:15 AM EDT (US)     2493 / 2501  
Answer the question. you can't back away now.

Out Reach
posted 08 January 2008 11:16 AM EDT (US)     2494 / 2501  
Very well as this is the question thread .

No, you are perfect as you are .

posted 08 January 2008 11:16 AM EDT (US)     2495 / 2501  
how does qv tech work?

posted 08 January 2008 11:16 AM EDT (US)     2496 / 2501  
no ones perfect except papaya. now stop sucking up to me and answer the question.

Out Reach
posted 08 January 2008 11:17 AM EDT (US)     2497 / 2501  
If you look in techtreex, you will find that each technology has a number. This number corresponds to the quest var, so QV Set Tech Status is good if you want to set a random tech.

posted 08 January 2008 11:18 AM EDT (US)     2498 / 2501  
so if you looped it, would it grant loads of random tewchs ?

posted 08 January 2008 11:18 AM EDT (US)     2499 / 2501  
or you could balance a "the next question thread will be mine" sighn on your nose.

Out Reach
posted 08 January 2008 11:19 AM EDT (US)     2500 / 2501  
Mwahahaha! (Again)

posted 08 January 2008 11:28 AM EDT (US)     2501 / 2501  
Locked.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 98 99 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames