Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Recruitment: Fight for Light v3.0 -> 3 players wanted
posted 11-09-08 08:14 AM EDT (US)   
I'd like one game on this JUST released map!
http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=943

Conditions:
- I will be ShadowGod.
- You will be able to mentally withstand inevitable defeat.
- You are a good and (more importantly) reliable player.
- On average, you can (and solemnly promise to) play your turn the same day you receive it.
- One spot reserved for Chascal (if he likes).

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 11-09-08 08:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me!

I satisfy all conditions except for #2.

edit: I prefer dwarves followed by halflings.

[This message has been edited by fromage67 (edited 11-09-2008 @ 08:30 AM).]

posted 11-09-08 08:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
Uhhh wow! I have already been awaiting this map-version for some weeks now. I would love to play it and normally i can play my turns in 1-2 days. I would call myself reliable, but more average than good player, as the last 1v1 vs Fromage proved... so i understand if you just want the best players to join.

I would love to join as dwarves, elves or halflings.
posted 11-09-08 09:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
I would like to join your game Swolte.

And, if possible, I would like to join a second game as dwarves (just, you know, because having the mapmaker playing the shadow god in the first game will probably make it a short one).

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.
posted 11-09-08 10:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
If Chascal is not in I claim his spot.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 11-09-08 10:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
Oooh! How nice!!

If there will be a second game, please count me in. I will take every available place.
posted 11-09-08 11:48 AM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
I don't have much time lately, but I can't resist joining a game on the new version of one of my favorite maps. I'll give it high priority, and the first turns won't take much time to play (I should have more time next month).

I can join any one of the games. Give me the Humans!

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 11-09-08 12:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
Perhaps some of the average players can play a game!? In that case I would be willing to give it a shot.
posted 11-09-08 12:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
Looks like I'm too late for the first game, but I'm open to playing if a second gets started (Dwarves or Halflings preferred, but any race will do).

Former PBEM singles champion.

[This message has been edited by Dafyth (edited 11-09-2008 @ 12:56 PM).]

posted 11-09-08 01:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
I wouldn't say there's much of a difference between my playing skills and those from Emperor CPU Plus, I don't know the map, never played it. So, perhaps I could play the 'buffer' Dalviana in one of the games?... Just to get a feeling of "the map which was chosen the best multiplayer map in a poll"! Please...
Btw, playing my turn the same day I get it is guaranteed, on average I take 5 hours between getting'em and sending'em - perhaps this explains partially my first sentence, eheh!...

[This message has been edited by albinscott (edited 11-09-2008 @ 01:41 PM).]

posted 11-09-08 01:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
It seems there's enough for a second game with myself, Albaron, PawelS, Rheno and Dafyth.

Dafyth interested in halflings or dwarves.
Rheno no stated preference.
PawelS interested in humans.
Albaron no stated interest.
I would like to play the Shadowgod.

If all are agreeable to this group of players than I can set up the game. I'm going to start a new start up thread so as not to hijack this one. Please post your email address and final preference and we'll get started.

Finalize info for game here....
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,3875,0,60

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 11-09-2008 @ 01:45 PM).]

posted 11-09-08 03:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
I would also fight for Light, i definately do a turn per day usualy more, but i think i am more average than good player.
posted 11-09-08 10:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
I am interested too - Humans, if possible; else Dwarves.

I realize that both games are full but if anyone is backing out, I'd like to be first in line for a replacement.

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 11-10-08 00:56 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
Hi guys, hi Swolte,

Thanks for reserving one spot for me, but unfortunately, I have to decline it.

I would love to play this map with or against you, Swolte, but for now I can't play my turns within 24h. I still don't have internet access at home anymore even if I plan to take it back before the end of the year... (the access, not my home!), so I can only read my mails and download my turns when I'm at work.
This is the reason why I'm not more present around here.

E-mail : chascal at gmail dot com
posted 11-10-08 05:02 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
Sorry to hear that, Chascal! I hope you will get those issues sorted out soon.

I have set up the (first) game with the next ones in line: http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,3876,0,60

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 11-10-08 06:30 AM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
I had a taste of this map in a game which died pretty quickly (well, if measured in turns...) and I definitely want to take another shot! If there will be a third game I'd like to take the SG.

Unnapu, Mrfrumpinks, Naeco and TL... you were saved by the bell last time, do you dare to face the Lord Of Death again?
posted 11-10-08 06:44 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
I'd like one game on this JUST released map!
I wanna play too, tho I find PBEM game with XL lets say, bit too slow.. Earlier version was a nice If I recall. Puzzle is are ppl willing to get to the scary GS and play with simultanous turns in online? Game would be done in 2-3 weekends fe.

AoW:SM and WoW gamer

Maker of MP Mod 1.8

[This message has been edited by Munataros (edited 11-10-2008 @ 06:53 AM).]

posted 11-10-08 06:48 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
@Munataros: I think that this map is more suited for PBEM, as the Shadowgod's turns are complex and take a lot of time.
posted 11-10-08 06:55 AM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
Yep I think it was played without turn limit last time. Tho itīs not a prob, scareness is

Maker of MP Mod 1.8

[This message has been edited by Munataros (edited 11-10-2008 @ 07:01 AM).]

posted 11-10-08 09:03 AM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
Unnapu, Mrfrumpinks, Naeco and TL... you were saved by the bell last time, do you dare to face the Lord Of Death again?
Sure, I will play against you. We will need confirmation from MrFrumpkins and Timelord. NaecO, on the other hand, is not joining new games.

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.
posted 11-10-08 09:12 AM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
I'd like to join instead of NaecO.
posted 11-10-08 12:59 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Yes, I am fine with that game setup, Torso.

Just wanted to thrash Swolte's overconfident SG ass (and I owe him one from one of my first games on FFL where he claimed he would win by day 30 and he did ) but I'll wait for another opportunity

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 11-11-08 06:36 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
Excellent! I hope you are ready for a brand new trauma then, TL

I will start a new thread for this. I will also contact Mrfrumpinks if he is willing to play. As soon as I have time, that is...

Oh, Lordduck, count yourself in!
posted 11-11-08 08:16 AM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Dunno how many skimmers Swolte needs if ppl migrate towns to elfs

*edit rather bats

Btw, 3 min turn in online is surely enough for this map. End of discuss. If Swolte and TL wants challenge in this map in future join there where you guys should be

Maker of MP Mod 1.8

[This message has been edited by Munataros (edited 11-11-2008 @ 08:43 AM).]

posted 11-11-08 12:27 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
So tempting But Unnapu's right

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!

[This message has been edited by naecO (edited 11-11-2008 @ 12:27 PM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Recruitment: Fight for Light v3.0 -> 3 players wanted
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames