Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: November 2009
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02 December 2009 11:06 AM EDT (US)   
This month the award is a double award - split between two powerhouses in the AoMH community. They have both been here for many years, they are both orange, incredibly sexy and have shaped AoMH around them. Papaya, Shanks, can you think of anyone who fits this description?

Yes, it's nearly an insult that MoTM has not touched our two gorgeous seraphs. This thread contains two interviews.

First up is Papaya!

Yeebaagooon: What is your name?
Papaya: I have been known as Papaya, Pipaya, Mango, Passionfruit, Muskmelon, and X_MOSS (gasp!). My IRL name is James, but who actually cares about that.

Yeebaagooon: What is your quest?
Papaya: My quest was the beat my Cherubs and Angels mercilessly until their moral improved, but now all my little staffers have grown up and are on to bigger and better things. Now I mostly spend my days as a grumpy old man yelling at random forumers and doing the occasional moderation.

Yeebaagooon: What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Papaya: That would be 4, according to SimCity terms.

Yeebaagooon: So you've been seraphing at AoMH for a long time now. What have been your favourite times in orange?
Papaya: I've had a lot of fun over the years. I've met a lot of cool people and hired some very fun staff members. Unfortunately some of them have since resigned, but the others are still around as Seraphs doing their own stuff. I've enjoyed changing the skin and pulling pranks every year for April Fools and Halloween. Back in my days as the download administrator I had fun downloading all the maps and playing them. I guess at this moment it's hard to pinpoint why I actually stuck around all these years. Probably just because I've never had anything else to do with my time online.

Yeebaagooon: And what was AoMH like before those times?
Papaya: Well in the days of Sith... Sunny... Shiva... there were different groups of forumers completely. Over the years the community has changed and reshaped, and the different generations of forumers have melded. The website hasn't changed much at all over the past 4 or 5 years, except for the occasion maintenance or updates that we do (which generally go unnoticed).

Yeebaagooon: You are the java and PHP master of seraphs. Planning any tricks ?
Papaya: I'd like to point out that there is a difference between java and javascript. I use javascript to do interesting things in the forums sometimes. I wouldn't call myself a master of any kind, but I know my way around. PHP has been a hobby of mine for many years, and I've built many fun things, some for HG. I made a fake HG ban system for forumers to use. That was pretty fun for awhile, and everyone had fun with it. I made a database to store custom AoM triggers. Unfortunately I never got around to setting it up and putting it online though. Now I'm part of the HG tech team and work on improvements for the download section, and other PHP applications around HG. As far as tricks go in the forums, there are a few things planned for the future, as well as a few hidden things right now. I'd just like to say, ever wonder what would happen if you did the konami code in the forums?

Yeebaagooon: Is there any direction you'd like to see AoMH go in the future?
Papaya: Well the plan is to make AoMH as community based as possible and keep the community alive. Unfortunately, we don't have much of a hold in supremacy players, but we have a very active scenario design and modification community, and we do our best to nurture it. As far as you guys go, the HoV, well, we're fine with you sticking around too I guess.

Yeebaagooon: *Straightens ties*
Please tell us about your daily routine.
Papaya: I wake up, eat and get ready, usually check my email and/or AoMH quick, then I go to school, afterwords I either go to work or go hang out somewhere with friends, I come home do my homework and/or go on facebook/aomh/steam etc. My weekends differ every week.

Yeebaagooon: I hear you are a scout. Excellent choice. What have been your experiences in that field?
Papaya: I am an Eagle Scout, yes. I am still semi-active with my troop as an Assistant Scoutmaster, but don't really do a whole lot with them anymore. This past year I was the program director (or 'SPL') at an NYLT summer camp. The camp is to train older scouts leadership and communication skills (it's a very fun time actually). I am a brotherhood member in the Order of the Arrow, but am currently only semi-active. Through Boy Scouts I've learned a lot of outdoor stuff, and I'm a major pyro. I never really use gas or chemicals to make fires, I prefer to use just stuff I find. However, it's not uncommon for me to spend a few hours gathering wood for a bigass fire.

Yeebaagooon: What was your reaction when all your staff turned orange?
Papaya: I shat bricks.

Yeebaagooon: Any last words of wisdom for us?
Papaya: penis

Yeebaagooon: kthxbai
Papaya: bai

And now, AoMH's most recent seraph and the latest FMT action figure - I give to you: Shanks13!

Yeebaagooon: What is your name?
Shanks13: My name is Josh Luthi.

Yeebaagooon: What is your favourite colour?
Shanks13: My favorite color is either purple or black. Depends on the day.

Yeebaagooon: What is the capital of Icaria?
Shanks13: Agios Kirykos.

Yeebaagooon: You are the most powerful seraph who isn't on the EXCO. How did you achieve your FMT greatness?
Shanks13: I never really thought of it that way before... I was told that I got myself onto the FMT because I had discussed a lot of issues with the FMT/EXCO/Papaya during a rough patch in AoMH moderation. Several FMT members had resigned and Crazed and Shelp wanted a third person, and I was their choice.

Yeebaagooon: And would you care to divulge any details of life as an FMT ninja?
Shanks13: Being FMT really isn't that remarkable. I don't have any special buttons or anything, I mainly just deal with processing unban requests/appeals and give consultation on various issues.

Yeebaagooon: What was life like at HG for you before you ascended? I think you were a cherub when I first joined and I remember your angelisation.
Shanks13: I ended up staffing at HG fairly quickly. There was a period of time where I was a real idiot, but I "left" for several months, came back, founded an AoMH clan (which failed miserably) and found myself a cherub shortly after.

Yeebaagooon: When you became orange you co-seraphed with ILB for a while while Papaya was trying on a red bikini. Was there some sort of elaborate plot there?
Shanks13: No elaborate plot, I think Papaya just wanted a rest from the moderation aspect of AoMH for a while. It was a rather weird period because I've always felt rather indebted to Papaya for hiring me and teaching me a lot of things, so I ended up asking for his input a lot. I'm quite glad he's orange again.

Yeebaagooon: Is there any direction you'd like to see AoMH go in the future?
Shanks13: I don't think there are very many directions AoMH can go. What I would really like would be for AoM2 to come out and then merge the AoMH community onto a new site with better stuff. I think that would be quite awesome.

Yeebaagooon: Please tell us about your daily routine.
Shanks13: Daily routine... If it's a weekday, I'm up around six in the morning, school until three in the afternoon, then messing around until bed at eleven. On the weekends I have no routine whatsoever and stay awake until ungodly hours of the morning and then sleep until two or four in the afternoon. It makes preparing for school on Monday a pain in the ass.

Shanks13: I was surprised when everyone turned orange. Papaya and I wanted to coordinate Yeeb and DragonQ's upgrade to red together, and the second we did it, the two just jumped straight to orange.

Shanks13: Learn to triforce.

<3 seraphs

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 02 December 2009 11:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33  
Congratualations, well earned!

EDIT: I love the questions!

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 12-02-2009 @ 11:10 AM).]

posted 02 December 2009 12:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 33  
Finally we have the Seraphs MotM !

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 02 December 2009 12:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 33  
posted 02 December 2009 12:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 33  
Who the hell are these people?

A green great dragon.
posted 02 December 2009 01:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 33  
Congratulations to both of you and great work keeping this a place still worth visiting.

@Papaya: Interesting, I also started making a trigger database utility. Though I, like you, have set it aside. Perhaps I'll get back to it.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 02 December 2009 02:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33  
Hey shanks, that class ring you're wearing is a piece of shit.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 02 December 2009 02:29 PM EDT (US)     7 / 33  
Possibly one of the first MoTM interviews I actually enjoyed reading.

Congrats guys.
posted 02 December 2009 02:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 33  
We should have a talkshow or Seraph FM.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 02 December 2009 02:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 33  
Papaya: I shat bricks.

Papaya: penis

Yeebaagooon: kthxbai
Papaya: bai
rofl!

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ IS EPIC!``°º¤ø„¸?
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
posted 02 December 2009 03:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 33  
This was a pretty good interview, and I loved the Monty Python reference.
I made a fake HG ban system for forumers to use.
That's awesome, you should make something like this again, and maybe make it appear to actually work.
NYLT summer camp
I loved NYLT, only bad part is they kind of starved you and there was A LOT of marching as well as chanting at the top of your lungs, but that was all part of the experience.

I need to think of a new sig.
posted 02 December 2009 03:42 PM EDT (US)     11 / 33  
My IRL name is James, but who actually cares about that.
It's a sign.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 02 December 2009 05:18 PM EDT (US)     12 / 33  
Congratulations, you two. Well deserved.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 02 December 2009 05:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 33  
Hay freaky, your a piece of shit.

posted 02 December 2009 05:35 PM EDT (US)     14 / 33  
http://yyt.ej.am/php/ban_form.php

posted 02 December 2009 05:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 33  
That's awesome, you should make something like this again, and maybe make it appear to actually work.
Like actually ban the person, and then get points.

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸EPIC MOD „ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ IS EPIC!``°º¤ø„¸?
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º
Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
posted 02 December 2009 05:51 PM EDT (US)     16 / 33  
hey shanks, your grammar is a piece of shit.

posted 02 December 2009 05:52 PM EDT (US)     17 / 33  
Papaya: I have been known as Papaya, Pipaya, Mango, Passionfruit, Muskmelon, and X_MOSS (gasp!). My IRL name is James, but who actually cares about that.
I was wondering who that was. He was a seraph and had the same avatar as you, and... the id. name... I was sure it was you! But that was long ago.

Grats to you Papaya and Shanks.

[This message has been edited by Skarr (edited 12-02-2009 @ 05:54 PM).]

posted 02 December 2009 06:31 PM EDT (US)     18 / 33  
Nice
posted 02 December 2009 06:31 PM EDT (US)     19 / 33  
hehe nice ban form

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 02 December 2009 06:48 PM EDT (US)     20 / 33  
The MySQL table that used to run it no longer exists, so the ban system doesn't work anymore. Also, the HGM theme is outdated (by a least two versions).

Also, to follow suit with Shanks, here is my HG Survivor pic:

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 02 December 2009 07:06 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33  
We should have a talkshow or Seraph FM.
Seraph FM.
I would like to see FM as a seraph. But do it to his Silicone Ruff JR account, its the more active one.

I would very much like to see FM become a seraph.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 12-02-2009 @ 07:07 PM).]

posted 02 December 2009 07:16 PM EDT (US)     22 / 33  
Yeah, then he can use his mod powers to see people's IPs to stalk them.

posted 02 December 2009 08:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 33  
nice holy grail references

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 02 December 2009 09:55 PM EDT (US)     24 / 33  
I don't know either one of these two clowns.

We need more members like Freaky.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 02 December 2009 10:12 PM EDT (US)     25 / 33  
Daily routine... If it's a weekday, I'm up around six in the morning, school until three in the afternoon, then messing around until bed at eleven. On the weekends I have no routine whatsoever and stay awake until ungodly hours of the morning and then sleep until two or four in the afternoon. It makes preparing for school on Monday a pain in the ass.
Holy shit, you described my daily routine to a T. Even the times.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: November 2009
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames