You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question?! Post it here instead of spamming!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 10 July 2008 11:55 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question? You can post it here!

Please read the FAQ in this post before posting. Thank you!

These are the people whose question thread's died a happy death (reached the 2500th post). King Jared, ArticWind7, Paperfriend and Yeebaagooon I'm the new creator of the thread! This thread should have many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them. Except for questions about coding triggers, all of those questions can be answered here, in Invent00r's thread.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous five threads?
Yeebaagooon's Other Thread
Yeebaagooon's Thread
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics / zoom the camera out?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling? Greyshark has produced a very useful guide
But Yeebaagoon has found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9. Arrgghhh! Army deploy doesn't work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.
10, Where can I find (trigger name here)?
Most trigger packs, and all of nottuds Transform triggers, can be found in Invent00r's thread, and here's Nottud's Superpack(SuperPack contains transform trigger)
11. How can I rotate buildings in-game?
Download this and use your mouse scroll to rotate them.
12. How do I install the files onto my game from this website?
When you unzip the file, cahnge the directory to... C:/Program Files/ Microsoft Game/ Age of Mythology/ Scenarios.
13. Why can't I change the Son Of Osiris' attack?
You can't change the Son of Osiris' attack because it is counted as a special attack, and thus it is unchangeable.
14. Is there a way to change Mother Nature's (Player 0's) god?
Use this.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-21-2009 @ 10:53 AM).]

Replies:
posted 16 September 2008 05:26 PM EDT (US)     776 / 2505  
@little anubite
healing springs convert automatically, so that shoouldn't be a problem. the trigger i would use is something like this:
Active
Loop
Run Immediately
High Priority
Condition: Timer: .1
Effect: Damage Units in area Area: on the healing spring(select manually),
Radius: 20,
Damage:-.1
That way it would heal them at roughly the same rate as heroes heal. mess around with the numbers for faster or slower healing rates.

My Grandmother once told me; if you ever want to make something of yourself, just give up now, because you're a retard.

[This message has been edited by Century (edited 09-16-2008 @ 05:29 PM).]

posted 16 September 2008 05:59 PM EDT (US)     777 / 2505  
Hello! I'm trying to make a cinematic in the original AoM. I added the "Cinematic-Off" trigger to the track I made and technically it stopped. Everything in the movie stopped moving and stuff. Is there a way to have the cinematic end and return to the scenario editor? I do the Play Test thing to see how the cinematic looks, but after the movie's over, I have to exit out of AoM and reload it if I want to continue editing. Oh, and after the movie's over it plays the "Scenario Victory" SFX.

[This message has been edited by Silver Pencil (edited 09-16-2008 @ 06:02 PM).]

posted 16 September 2008 06:34 PM EDT (US)     778 / 2505  
is there any way to have an normal RTS game that hasa heroes that level up or is that impossible?

My Grandmother once told me; if you ever want to make something of yourself, just give up now, because you're a retard.
posted 16 September 2008 09:25 PM EDT (US)     779 / 2505  
Well,i'm not gonna download a file with a virus in it...my history with computers has been bumpy enough as it is.

Is the older version of new editor any good?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
"T Minus 9 turns before Lazy_Warhero's World domiin4tion"-Elrich
"I hope Lazy isn't as lazy as his name suggests :P."-TBK145
"Very nice storytwist Lazy! THIS people, is how twists should be!"-Baske
"But your ego never takes vacation Lazy :P"-dragonsign
Perpetually Wonderific Eyecandyness!!!
posted 16 September 2008 10:00 PM EDT (US)     780 / 2505  
Silver Pencil, you need to add a Cinematic Mode trigger. But this time, click the button that says on and make sure it says off. I t will allow you to return back to the map.

I was also astounded.
posted 17 September 2008 01:52 AM EDT (US)     781 / 2505  
hey im trying to find a editor that works for aomt cause every1 i dl that says u can rotate items at a angle dont work can u tell me link for the right 1 thank you
posted 17 September 2008 04:29 AM EDT (US)     782 / 2505  
Is there any way in wich you can view the tech status inside the editor eg like see a stone wall stone in the editor without playing or platesting (not playing in editor)

Satansfall
Paradox Designs
posted 17 September 2008 04:34 AM EDT (US)     783 / 2505  
hey im trying to find a editor that works for aomt cause every1 i dl that says u can rotate items at a angle dont work can u tell me link for the right 1 thank you
You already have the possibility. All you have to do is go to Options and click Allow Camera Rotation. Then, in the editor, press Ctrl+Alt+C.
Is there any way in wich you can view the tech status inside the editor eg like see a stone wall stone in the editor without playing or platesting (not playing in editor)
There is a way, but it involves some steps. I use this method:
  • Set all the tech statuses I need for triggerwork, and make sure they fire in-game.
  • Then playtest.
  • Check if all techs work, if not, return to editor and fix, go back to step 1. If yes:
  • Save game.
  • Go back to editor.
  • Click 'Menu', then click Load Saved Game, and load the just saved game.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
  • posted 17 September 2008 11:38 AM EDT (US)     784 / 2505  
    Well,i'm not gonna download a file with a virus in it...my history with computers has been bumpy enough as it is.

Is the older version of new editor any good?
    If your worried then download my editor which is not an exe file and is the current latest editor.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 09-17-2008 @ 11:38 AM).]

posted 17 September 2008 01:01 PM EDT (US)     785 / 2505  
    Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack,correct?

posted 17 September 2008 04:14 PM EDT (US)     786 / 2505  
    Yes - that is the one. It should say it was updated fairly recently.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    posted 17 September 2008 05:55 PM EDT (US)     787 / 2505  
    Hi,

I am new to this site and i was wondering where i can get the set multi tech status trigger (Or whatever its called,) that is AoM compatible (Not AoT).

Thanks in advance,

RandomMinor

Oo Also, If i add music of my own (Not originally in AoM) will others be able to hear it?

[This message has been edited by RandomMinor (edited 09-17-2008 @ 06:07 PM).]

posted 17 September 2008 08:32 PM EDT (US)     788 / 2505  
    no one will be able to hear your music :P
    posted 17 September 2008 10:47 PM EDT (US)     789 / 2505  
    Hi,

I am new to this site and i was wondering where i can get the set multi tech status trigger (Or whatever its called,) that is AoM compatible (Not AoT).
    If you download invent00r's Quest Vars for Vanilla, or invent00r/Mythic Freak's Trigger Loader, you will be able to use the set tech status multi trigger.

If you put a "Quest Var Start Up" or "Activate Trigger Loader" effect in the beginning of your scenario, you'll be able to use quest vars, which will let you use a lot of triggers made for AoT(but not all).
    posted 18 September 2008 01:37 AM EDT (US)     790 / 2505  
    Question: Since I suck at C++ coding, I was wondering if there was a guide to look at to using AoM's preloaded AI's? For example: if you wanted a computer to behave in certain patterns like they do on the random map but during playtest?
    posted 18 September 2008 02:45 PM EDT (US)     791 / 2505  
    I just downloaded nottud's editor thing...but it doesn't appear anything changed.I'm not sure what all is supposed to be in that mod,cuz before i always used reyk's new editor.But still,aren't there supposed to be more menu buttons and such?And a pitch editor?

posted 18 September 2008 03:40 PM EDT (US)     792 / 2505  
    NGTriremeA_1Arkwakes & NGTrireme05_Arktalk

Can't get them to work.

This is what it should look like

°o.O O.o°
    .o O°FYI: I DO NOT ABUSE DRUGS°O o.
    .o O°My Seal°O o.
    °O o..o O°Of Seriousness°O o..o O°
    posted 18 September 2008 08:05 PM EDT (US)     793 / 2505  
    How do i make diplomacy change when an attack happens.
    For example. you attack one guard and all the others begin to attack, but if you walk by without attacking they wont bother with you? a Trigger pls.
    posted 19 September 2008 00:06 AM EDT (US)     794 / 2505  
    ok these question might sound kinda dumb but how do u save ur senerios so that you can put them into a zip folder and how do u take a screen shot i pressed like ever button and it didn't work..
    posted 19 September 2008 10:29 AM EDT (US)     795 / 2505  
    Ok so maybe i don't have it in the right folder?Where should it be?

posted 19 September 2008 12:22 PM EDT (US)     796 / 2505  
    Um…..

@P_J_B
    There are many ways to do it, experiment.

Try these conditions: Distance to army/unit, army/unit damaged, army/unit is dead.
    Or maybe try like “units set stance”.
    Download some triggers.

@AOMiskewl
    Save the map and look for it in your scenario folder, and then when you found it copy it (ctrl+c), and then (I’m lazy so I do this) take a old zip folder of a map you downloaded before and rename, and delete all the content, annnnnd then past(ctrl+v) the scenario in that zip folder you just renamed.

Use ctrl+f12 for in the editor, or in game. But in cine, I'd say to use the trigger: SCREENSHOT

@Lazy_Warhero
    I don’t know where you could have gone wrong.
    NSEP AOMTT
    Data → Data
    Trigger2 → Trigger2
    Etc

Sorry if I’m not the best at explaining but I didn't want my question to be lost.

@ANYONE, my question

NGTriremeA_1Arkwakes & NGTrireme05_Arktalk

I can’t get those 2 animations to work!!!!

°o.O O.o°
    .o O°My Seal°O o.
    posted 19 September 2008 01:01 PM EDT (US)     797 / 2505  
    I moved all the files to the matching ones but still nothing.The download god must be angry with me.

posted 19 September 2008 03:02 PM EDT (US)     798 / 2505  
    Perhaps you moved the folders to the folders, when you should have put the content of the folders in to the folders, or maybe the other way around.

NESP>Data>w/e

w/e → into My games > AOMTT > data

°o.O O.o°
    .o O°My Seal°O o.
    posted 19 September 2008 03:38 PM EDT (US)     799 / 2505  
    if your trying to use animation on line it wont work trig :P dont really use animations..so if its single player..
    posted 19 September 2008 03:47 PM EDT (US)     800 / 2505  
    I know animation doesn’t work online. I know how to use animation. I just can't get the ship animations to work.

Edit:
    Mabye my qestion wasent really clear,is this the corect anemation?

NGTriremeA_1Arkwakes

°o.O O.o°
    .o O°My Seal°O o.

[This message has been edited by TriggerGuy (edited 09-19-2008 @ 07:34 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question?! Post it here instead of spamming!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames