Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A List of Campaigns and Scenarios about the 1st-2nd Centuries AD
posted 09-17-20 08:59 PM ET (US)   
A primary reason why I have been playing Rise of Rome for the last two years is because it is one of a limited number of games with Scenarios focusing on events of the 1st to 2nd Centuries AD. By playing those Scenarios, I was better able to familiarize myself with the ancient world in the time period when Christianity began.

Below I am listing all the Campaigns and Scenarios that I know of in the Granary dealing with this time period or slightly before it. I am arranging them chronologically and have marked an X next to the names showing that I beat them unless they were glitched. For Scenarios part of a Campaign, I am indenting their titles underneath the underlined Campaign name. They are in three categories: Maps (particularly those covering the Levant), Single Player Scenarios (including Armaggeddon, since it was narrated in the 1st Century), and Multiplayer Scenarios.

My main question for the thread is whether you know of any Scenarios or Campaigns touching directly on this period that I did not mention.

MAPS
X Land of Canaan (Map) by Mysterious Guy / Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers by Rakovsky (Version 2) (1050-700 BC)(Beat it on Moderate)
X Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers (DE Version)
X [REAL] Maps / "8 real world maps"(I beat it on Moderate)
_____X #1 The Middle East - Persia - 8 player - I beat it on Easy.
_____X #1 The Middle East Region 800 BC - I beat it handily on Easy.
_____X #2 Eastern Meditteranean - 8 player - I beat it on Easy.
_____X #2 Eastern Meditteranean 500 BC - I beat it on Moderate.
_____X #3 Meditteranean Sea 200 BC - When I try to Load this scenario for Play or in my Scenario Editor, my game crashes.
_____X #6 The Levant 1200 BC - I beat it on Moderate.
_____X #8 India 150 AD - I beat it handily on HARD, as Player 1 begins loaded with thousands of resources.
X 7 Real World Maps ("Mediterranean East" Map and "Canaan" Map are in S_Bishop's "Bronze Age Collapse" and "Monotheism" scenarios.)
_____X Middle East (North) Map (Beat it on Moderate in Single Player) / Middle East (North) Map with Roman-Parthian Wars (Homemade, Late 1st cent. BC - 7th c. AD)(I beat it on Single Player on Moderate)

SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGNS AND SCENARIOS
X Complete Ages of Mankind (I fixed the glitches and submitted my fixed version as "Version 2.")
_____X (I) Lord of the Animals (600,000 BC, Africa)(I beat it on Easy)
_____X (I) Extinction (70,000 BC, Southern Europe)(I beat it on Easiest)
_____X (I) Storing (45,000 BC, Europe)(I beat it on EASY)
_____X (I) Pax Sapiens (40,000 BC, Europe)(I beat it on EASY)
_____X (II) Migrating (10,200 BC, Levant) (I beat it on EASY)
_____X (II) Raiding (10,200 BC, Levant)(I beat it on MEDIUM)
_____X (II) Agriculture (10,000 BC, Levant)(I beat it on EASIEST)
_____X (II) Domestication (13,000 BC, Europe)(I beat it on EASY)
_____X (III) The Copper Age (5,000-4,000 BC, Levant)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X (III) Metal Alloys (3,350 BC, Levant)(I met the objectives on HARD, but it didn't end because the VCs were set defectively. So I used the Home Run cheat.)
_____X (III) Genocide (3,300 BC, Levant)(I beat it on MODERATE)
_____X (III) Mining (3,300 BC, Levant)(I beat it on EASY)
_____X (IV) Civilization (3400-3200, Sumeria)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X (IV) The Phalanx (2500-2400, Sumer)(I beat it on MODERATE)
_____X (IV) Empires (2400, Sumer)(I met the Objectives on EASIEST, but the mission did not end. The Editor shows that Player 1's 2nd VC has a design flaw, as it mistakenly requires a red swordsman to go to a physically unreachable house in the west corner. So I used the Home Run Cheat.)
_____X (IV) Religion (2,000 BC, Egypt) (I beat it on Moderate)
_____X (V) The Metal Lords (1400 BC, Anatolia and India)(I beat it on HARDEST)
_____X (V) Iron Age in Africa (1570-1425 BC; North East Africa, 751 BC, Kush) (I beat it on HARD)
_____X (V) Monotheism (1310 BC, Canaan) (I beat it on Easy)
_____X (V) Bronze Age Collapse (1200 BC, Mediterranean)(I beat it on Moderate)
_____X (VI) Assyrian Empire (1020-605 BC, Mesopotamia)(I beat it on HARDEST)
_____X (VI) Persian Empire (536 BC, Canaan)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X (VI) Machines (500 BC, Levant)(I beat it on Easiest)
_____X (VI) Mediterranean Empire (500 BC, North Africa)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X (VI) Empire of the East (1027-200 BC, China)(I beat it on MODERATE)
_____X (VII) Alexander the Great (320 BC, Macedonia)(I beat the scenario's "Ages of Man Part 3" version on Easiest.)
_____X (VII) Hannibal's March (218-218 BC, Spain, Alps, Northern Italy)(On MODERATE, I beat the later version in the Ages of Man Part 3 Campaign.)
_____X (VII) Science and Technology (214 BC, Sicily)(I beat it on Easy)
_____X (VII) Rise of the Germans (9 AD, Germania)(I beat it on Moderate)
_____X (VII) Ctesiphon (On Hard mode I got 5/6 artifacts. The 6th one is in the southern Blue base, and to get it you have to declare war on Blue. Almost 3 minutes after declaring war, a glitch automatically occurs saying that Blue won, defeating you.
_____X (VII) Ascent of Rome (40,000 BCE - 1 CE)(I beat it on Easiest in 2019. The 2020 version titled Rome the "Spectacle of Antiquity" looks the same.)
Aqaba (400 BC - 200 AD) http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=822
X Parthian Commander (66 BC – 217 AD)(I beat it on Easiest)
_____X Raid in the West
X Drusus and Tiberius/"Drusus and Tiberius, Version 2" (c. 15 BC. On MODERATE in ROR I beat it, but it's meant for AOE1. In AOE 1.0 I met all the objectives on a straight playthrough, but the game didn't end, apparently due to some glitch, which I fixed and released as "Version 2".)
_____X Chapter 1: Drusus Duels the Vendelici Leader (I beat it on Moderate)
_____X Chapter 2: Tiberius Battles the Raeti (Beat it on Easiest as part of playtesting, but I could beat it on Moderate like I beat Version 1 of the Drusus and Tiberius Campaign)
X Around The Mountain (You play as Rome and must free Tiberius. It's fictional.)(I beat it on EASIEST.)
X Tiberius Teuton-Campaign (12-7 BC)(I beat it on Easy.)
X Arminius, Hammer of the Romans (9 AD)
_____X Rome Is Not Your Friend (I beat it on Moderate.)
_____X Clipping the Eagle's Wings (Beat it on Moderate.)
_____X At the Well of Wyrd (Beat it on moderate)
_____X Wrath of the Tribes (I beat it on moderate)
X Varus, oh Varus! | Battle of the Teuteburger Forest (9 AD)(AOE DE)(I beat it on AOE DE's EASY Mode) www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/236/
X The Stadium of Tiberius (14 AD to 37 AD)(Beat it on moderate.)
X Jesus (30 AD)(Beat it on Moderate.)
X Gethsemane (30-33 AD) (I easily beat my homemade mission)
X Let's Mess Up History! (33 AD)(Beat it on Moderate.)
X Conversions and Catacombs (41 AD, I beat my homemade mission.)
X Christianity (emperor Claudius is the opponent, so 41-51 AD.)(I beat it on Moderate.)
X Thomas' Mission to Indo-Parthia (46-51 AD)(I beat my own Scenario on Easiest, but expect that it can be beaten on Hardest, since I accomplished most of the objectives on that mode too.)
X The Mesopotamian Campaign of Abgar V of Edessa (49 AD, I beat my homemade mission.)
X The Cockleshell Heroes (ASO2) (Queen Boudicca, c. 60 AD)(I beat it on Moderate) (Based on a WWII movie that I saw.)
X Nero's Persecution (64-67 AD, I beat my homemade mission on Hard.)
X MMA-Crazy-FirstChristians (64-153 AD)(I beat it on HARDEST)
X Josephus Takes Command of Eastern Galilee (66 AD)(I was able to beat it on Hardest)
X Josephus Retakes Tiberius (66 AD)(I beat my own mission on HARD)
X Fighting for Rome
_____X Beginning of the Roman Empire (Beat it on Moderate.)
_____X The Second Punic War (218 to 201 BC)(I beat it on Moderate after replaying it. It was made on AOE1.0.)
_____X The Jewish Revolt (66-73 AD, I beat it on Easiest, but now that I know the trick is to take out the aqua base immediately, i could probably beat it on Easy or Moderate.)
X Siege V Masada (67 AD - 73 CE)(Completed on single player, probably on moderate.)
X Aid the Batavians (68-69 AD)(The Story includes Nero's order for a campaign.)
X Nero's Killing (68 AD)
X The advance of Antonius / Primus (October 69 AD) (I beat it on Easiest.)
X the seige of jerusalem (by yontanyontan, 70 AD) (I beat it on Easy)
X The Siege of Masada, 70 AD / "TheSiege of Masadaby10thLegion" (I beat it on Hardest.)
X Domitian's Persecution (93-96 AD)(I beat my own Scenario on HARD)
X Armageddon (predicted by John in the late 1st c.)(scenario by David Dorothy)(I beat it on EASY.)
X Domitian's Killing(Sept. 18, 96)(I playtested my own Scenario on Hard)
X Annex of the Two Rivers (115 AD, Parthia)(I beat it on MODERATE.)
X Roman Expansion into Britannia / "Roman Expansion into Britannia, Version 2" (Made for AOE1.0, not good for ROR bc map sharing w Allies. I fixed the glitches and submitted the fixed Campaign as "Version 2")
_____X Invasion of Britania(AD 43)(In AOE 1.0 on MODERATE, I completed the Objectives in gameplay, then fixed the mission and submitted the fixed Campaign as Version 2.)
_____X Supression (c. 60 AD) (Beat it on Moderate)
_____X Building Hadrian's Wall (120 AD)(On Moderate, I met all the Objectives and then fixed the glitch that prevented a Victory screen.)
X The Eagle /"The Eagle, Version 2" (Scotland, 140 AD, based on the movie I saw.)(In "The Eagle" on MODERATE, I got the chest and brought it to the red gate, but red soldiers block the gate so that I couldn't get it through to achieve my Individual VC. Then I reloaded it from a savegame and beat it with the Global Victory Condition of defeating Player #4. Then I widened the gate, fixed the Victory settings, and re-issued the mission as "Version 2.")
X Roman Incursion (154-180 AD)
_____X xzcRome1 (beat it on Moderate)
_____X xzcRome2 (Beat it on Moderate)
_____X xzcRome3 (Beat it on Moderate)
X Journey to Edessa (Regular and DE versions)(177-212 AD) (I practically beat it on HARD, but the ALLIED VICTORY setting caused a flaw. I turned that off and beat it with resource cheats.)
X Gladiator (180 AD, based on movie Gladiator that I saw.)
_____X Germania (Beat it on Moderate easily)
_____X Escape (Beat it on Moderate easily)
_____X Rise of a Gladiator (Beat it on Moderate easily)
_____X The Colosseum (Beat it on Moderate easily)
_____X Battle with Greatest Gladiator (Beat it on Moderate)
_____X Defying an Empire (Beat it on Moderate)
X Age of Empires DE: three kingdom romance 1 : yellow turban rebellion (I beat it on HARD and Easy)https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/316/
X The Story of the Three Kingdoms (San Guo Yan Yi), - Part I(180-196)(It's better on AOE1 instead of ROR)
_____X 1. The Gathering of the Three Heroes (180 AD)(I beat it on EASY)
_____X 2. He Jin and the 10 Chief Eunuchs (184)(I beat it on HARDEST on ROR and HARD on AOE1)
_____X 3. Dong Zhuo vs. 18 Allied State Governors (I beat it on HARDEST)
_____X 4. Guan Yu the Great (196 AD)(I beat it on HARDEST)
X The Story of the Three Kingdoms (San Guo Yan Yi), - Part II (Scenarios 2-4 only unlock in AOE1, not ROR)
_____X 1. Guan Yu's Thousand Mile Journey (200 AD)(I beat it on HARDEST)
_____X 2. The Guan Dun Battle - 1 (204 AD)(I beat it on HARDEST)
_____X 3. The Guan Dun Battle - 2 (204 AD)(I beat it on Hardest)
_____X 4. Sleeping Dragon Awakens (207 AD)(I beat it on HARDEST)
X Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
_____X Beginnings of Rome (Beat it on moderate)
_____X Development of the Roman Armies (Beat it on Easy.)
_____X Masters of Italy (beat it on Moderate)
_____X First Punic War (Beat on Moderate)
_____X Second Punic War (Beat on Easy.)
_____X Third Punic War (Beat it on Moderate)
_____X Rise of Julius Caesar (Beat it on Moderate.)
_____X Crossing the Rubicon (Beat on Moderate.)
_____X Fall of Pompei (Beat on Moderate.)
_____X Anthony and Cleopatra (Beat on moderate)
_____X Nero and the Christians (c. 64 AD) [I beat it on Moderate)
_____X Sowers of Discord (192 AD)(Beat on Easiest)
_____X Rise of Constantine (311 AD) (I beat it on Moderate.)
_____X Battle of the Milvian Bridge (312, Beat it on Moderate)
X Pax Romana (Official Campaign)
_____X Actium (Cleopatra Scenario, c. 30 BC)(beat it on easy)
_____X Year of the Four Emperors (Vespasian scenario, completed on moderate; 69 AD)
_____X Ctesiphon (262 AD) (I beat it on easy.)
_____X Queen Zenobia (266-273) (I beat it on Easy)
_____X Coming of the Huns (373 - 453 AD)(I beat it on Moderate with no walkthrough)
X Pax Romana Beta Version (I beat all its missions on Easiest)
X Imperium Romanum AOE DE Campaign(I don't remember trying the first four on HARDEST.)
_____X Actium (31 BC)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X Year of the Four Emperors (69 AD)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X Ransom at Ctesiphon (262)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X Zenobia, Queen of Palmyra (271)(I beat it on HARD)
_____X Coming of the Huns (373)(Beat it on Hardest, Hard, & Moderate)
X The Last Frontier - The Romans in Britain
_____X The Edge of the World (Beat on Moderate)(Caesar's invasion was in 55-54 BC)
_____X By Fire and Blood (61 AD)(Beat it on Moderate)
_____X To Their Own Defense (410 AD) I beat it on EASIEST.
X Armageddon (by Stonefleck, 3010 AD)

MULTIPLAYER SCENARIOS
In these maps, in the Multiplayer staging screen, I set the Players to the ones that the Designer set them to.
X Land of Canaan (Map) by Mysterious Guy - I beat the map playing against DisAmigo and the 6 Easy AIs on Game Ranger by capturing all ruins.
X Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers (Homemade)(1050-700 BC)(I beat it as P1 with "Upstairs" as P2 on my team against all other AI players on Moderate and then on Hardest. With me as P1 and with Archer as P2 and rookp as P7 as my allies on Team 1, we beat Feroe as P3 and TCM Bear Lv.12 as P4 and the AI as P5 on EASIEST as Team 2, with the Population set to 200.)
- Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers (DE Version)(I and SloshyCape24562 waited a half hour and no one else would join us for a 3 v 3 map, so I as P1 with 2 AIs on Team 1 beat him as P5 with 2 AIs on Team 2, and the AIs were set to Standard.
[REAL] Maps / "8 real world maps" (Must be played on ROR 1.0A or later)
_____X #1 The Middle East - Persia - 8 player - It repeatedly crashed on AOE:ROR when I played with even 1 other Human and only 50 units on only Normal speed on Game Ranger and Voobly. On AOE: DE, as P2, I won against "oppos456", with him playing as P1 and with the AIs on Hard Difficulty.
_____X #1 The Middle East Region 800 BC - As P1, I beat "Legion" as P2 (Egypt) in a 4 Player FFA with 2 AIs on EASIEST.
_____X #2 Eastern Meditteranean - 8 player - (On AOE1DE, as P1, I beat sonictimm, who calls himself a rusty rook, as P2 and mopped up the AIs on the "EASY" DE mode.)
_____X #2 Eastern Meditteranean 500 BC - As P1, I beat "Lmoande" as P3 (Greece) in a 2 v 2 with 1 AI on Easy Difficulty on each team.
_____X #3 Meditteranean Sea 200 BC - When I try to Load this scenario for Play or in my Scenario Editor, my game crashes. The file must be corrupt, as others weren't able to work on it either.
_____X #6 The Levant 1200 BC - I beat "Panamaster" in a 2 v2 with 1 AI on Moderate Difficulty on each team.
_____X #8 India 150 AD - As Player 1, I defeated a good player on Voobly where we were each teamed with 1 AI player.
X Middle East (North) Map (The Map froze-crashed 15 minutes into the game when I played it on AOE:ROR with another player named Feroe on Game Ranger. It works on AOE: DE, but not ROR. On AOE1 DE, I as P2 beat SonicTimm as P1 and the AIs on STANDARD.)
- Middle East (North) Map with Roman-Parthian Wars (Homemade, Late 1st cent. BC - 7th c. AD)(On MULTIPLAYER, playing as P1 with Upstairs as P6, we got 19 minutes into the match and the game locked up. The problem must be that AOE:ROR has a hard time in Multiplayer with 8 Players on some maps like this one.)
X Pax Romana (Official Campaign turned into Multiplayer Scenarios)(http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2655)
_____X Actium (c. 30 BC)(Beat it on Hard with Ally Frostydonkey as Player 5 on Gameranger with the Players' Civilizations set correctly)
_____X Year of the Four Emperors (I beat it on Moderate with Swiftblaster)
_____X Ctesiphon (I beat it with Ryan Robinson on MODERATE)
_____X Queen Zenobia (I beat it as Player 5 with my ally 'TCM Apostate Lv.4' on HARD)
_____X Coming of the Huns (I beat it as Player 6 with my ally 'TCM Apostate Lv.4' on HARDEST)
X The Stadium of Tiberius (14 AD to 37 AD) - I beat and lost to mjbla27 on Voobly, I beat and lost to ····o_fernandez on Gameranger with me as Egypt and him as Persia.
X Siege V Masada (67 AD - 73 CE)(As the Pharisees and Essenes and with the AIs set to Easiest and Easy, I won against a friend who had only played ROR 2-3 times before.)
X The Year Of the 4 Emperors (by Barbarian)(69 AD)(I beat is as Player 1 against hackedraptor {Ishraq} as Player 2 and the AIs set to Easiest on Gameranger.)
X The advance of Antonius (October 69 AD) (I played as Vespasian with TCM Earthquake Lv.10 on my team as Player 3 against OkDude/BCD as Player 5. He killed almost all my military units, but he lost about 80% of his army and resigned at almost 45 minutes into the game with 200-300 soldiers left, saying that he lost many of his soldiers fighting my towers and that it would take an hour to destroy the rest of my base.)
X Armageddon (by Stonefleck)(I beat my friend Ryan and 2 AIs on EASIEST, but forgot to put in AI Player 5, which left the Orange walls missing. So I replayed and won with the walls there.)

Worthy mention among AOK Scenarios:
X Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (220 B.C-476 AD)(You can convert your empire to Christianity after Jesus' resurrection)(It Needs The Forgotten, African Kingdoms, and Rise of the Rajas DLCs)(It says: IMPORTANT! Set all computer players to Immobile-Aggressive Switch!), https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2057629892&searchtext=century
X The Christmas story by Burnell (It is made for Mac, but MePy2 fixed it to work on AOE2:TC 1.0C the original CD version)(http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=9846)
X A Christmas story - Director's Cut (It probably only works in the original pre-Steam AOE2)(http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=8144)
X The Nativity Set by Anastasia (I beat it on Hard on the Conquerors. In the Steam version, the Sound files must go into AOE2HD/resources/en/Sound/Scenario) http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=1092)
X Jesus in Gethsemane (I beat it on Moderate with The Conquerors)
X The Great Revolt 66-73 CE(Single and Multiplayer)(I beat it on Standard on Single Player as Player 1. As P1 and [Salty]JDL as my ally as Player 2, and with the AIs set to HARDEST, we won with the Blue, Red Yellow Victory Trigger by defeating P5 and P7 and replacing P6's castle with P2's castle.)(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2016058542)

Worthy mention among AOM Scenarios:
X Christmas Competition - Meph (3-1 BC)(It's a cinematic scene and I saw it on HARD). https://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8415
X The Nativity Cinematic (3-1 BC) http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7151
X Armageddon - Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Revelation 6)(Multiplayer)(In AOM Heaven Games Database)
X Armageddon 1.1 (Meant for at least 2 Human Players)(As a Zeus Civ, I beat Javi who was playing as a Ra Civ in 1 v 1. I as a Seth Civ and [PK]El_Curs as a Norse player beat JENNI23 as an Atlantean and Taquito_01 as a Norse player.) https://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11134
X Battle in GERMANIA (180)(I beat my scenario on HARD) https://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11523
X Heaven and Hell Showcase Scenario (It is a non-fighting scenario that I made using the Jesus 2.0 Mod and submitted to the AOM HG Database.) https://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11524
X Biblical Mutation (I probably beat it as much as is realistically possible. On Multiplayer on Medium with 4 Human Players total, I was defeated by one of the two Sts. Peter and Paul Prometheus titans, and playing on Easy with Cheats enabled I did not make it that far. The Designer says not to edit the map, so I can't make an easier "Version 2.") (It is a 4 v. 1 Multiplayer map fighting Jesus and heavenly forces, who are Player 5, in a spiral Mutation-match maze.) https://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7174
(Ulquiorrasama and I made a fixed "playtesting" version here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/794234334667079682/812833925139136603/Mutation_biblico_mod_Fixed_by_Ulq.scx
I beat the Playtesting version as P1 with [Ro]Ronik, Ch@Kra, and samu on my team and the enemy as "Easy.")
X Armageddon / Armageddon, Version 2 (AOM:TT)(The designer wrote: "This surely is the end of the world.") http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11522

[This message has been edited by rakovsky (edited 12-17-2021 @ 11:50 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-20-20 05:40 PM ET (US)     1 / 2  
Here I want to give more helpful details about the Multiplayer maps, arranged chronologically, in case people want to play them online. I am giving information like the date, AOE or ROR version, and which players are allied. I underlined the ones that are good for playing with Rookies due to power imbalances (ie. Co-ops, Racing matches, and Handicaps).
If you are playing on Voobly or Gameranger, you need to set the civilizations in your Multiplayer Game menu to match those in the Scenarios below (eg. Romans, Greeks, Palmyrans). Otherwise, your Game Screen randomly picks civilizations for your game.

There seems to be a problem on Gameranger where if 1 Player has lag, then they can play with all 8 slots full of humans, but with only 2 AIs at most.
-------------------------
X #6 The Levant 1200 BC (from "8 real world maps" pack), ROR. 2 v. 2 map. The teams are:
Player 1 (Israel, Babylonian) & Player 3 (Syria, Persia) vs.
Player 2 (Edom, Egypt) & Player 4 (Philistea, Carthage)
I don't know if it matters, but in the Editor, Player 1 is listed as Either Human or Computer, whereas #2-4 are "Computer."
"8 real world maps" Pack maps must be played on ROR 1.0A.
(Version 2 of the pack lacks the corrupt Meditteranean file
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2808= )

X Land of Canaan by Mysterious Guy
ROR, 8 Player Free-for-All with no fixed locations: 1. Egypt. 2. Greeks, 3. Persia, 4. Assyria, 5. Minoans, 6. Hittites, 7. Phoenicia, 8. Sumerians

- Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers (I beat my AOE1 version. Next, I'll play my DE Version)
X Land of Canaan Map with Indigenous Powers (1050-700 BC)

ROR Teams:
TEAM 1: P1: Israel (Assyria/Phoenicia), Player 2: Phoenicia, Player 7: Egypt
TEAM 2: Player 3: Philistines (Minoans), Player 4: Canaanites (Phoenicians), Player 5: Assyria

DE Teams:
TEAM 1: Player 1: Israel (Phoenician Civ), Player 2: Phoenicia, Player 4: Egypt
TEAM 2: Player 3: Philistines (Minoan Civ), Player 5: Assyria, Player 7: Canaanites (Phoenician Civ)
(Player 6 is inactive {just a war chest that Israel captures} and must be the computer)
(http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2746)
https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/21399/
Version 2 adds the Teams' Civs to the Instruction screen.
On AOE:ROR, I beat it as P1 with "Upstairs" as P2 on my team against all other AI players on Moderate and then on Hardest. It worked fine with him.
With me as P1 and with Archer as P2 and rookp as P7 as my allies on Team 1, we beat Feroe as P3 and TCM Bear Lv.12 as P4 and the AI as P5 on EASIEST as Team 2, with the Population set to 200 (P6 was the Assyrians as NEUTRAL, but it doesn't matter).
AOE: DE
Questionable Wins
1. I played with 5 Vietnamese players of the [J] Clan. The other team resigned almost 20 minutes into the match. At the end of the match, it looked like the Yellow Player had built nothing, although he could have gotten eliminated by another Player. I and P2 (who was on my team) were the only two players to reach Tool. I guess the others were Noobs.
2. I played as P1 with hauntedgt as P2 and P5 (Assyrian AI) as Team 1. On Team 2, [Baby] KieuOanh was P4, ObstaclePenny was P3, and P7 was the AI. We set the Teams differently than the default because we wanted a match with 2 humans on each side. P4 built up quickly and attacked my base with Comp archers, and at about 37 minutes in, me and P2 were practically crushed. I had a few bases around the map though. P2 resigned, and I told P4 and P3, and then they surprisingly resigned without waiting for me to resign first. Then I defeated the P7 AI, so the game gave me the Victory.
Losses
1. I played with Javik on my team who says he is a Noob level player. We had a 3 v 3 and our team lost after P5 built a Wonder with a wall of towers and some catapults protecting it that I couldn't get through with my elephants. [J]Pow was P4 and quit partway through the match, commenting "Noob", apparently to complain about me and Javik.
2. I played as as P1, Amphaross as P2, and Jy06200 as P4 and we lost to o0CrystalRoseo0 as P7, king in the south as P5, and PlanetSjy2951103 as P3. P3 resigned in the late-Early stage of the game, not long after getting to Bronze. Crystal was great and focused on Chariots early on, and massacred my villagers, and then P5 massed me with longswordsmen not long afterwards.
Crashes
1. 8/4/21 I hosted and had 6 people in the room, but then the game stalled indefinitely at the loading screen after I pressed Start. It said waiting for players to connect. All the players had been typing to me and reading my messages, so I don't know what the problem is.
2. 8/4/21, the same thing happened again, even though I restarted my computer, and even though I'd already played four 3 v 3 games on this map that I hosted.

X #1 The Middle East - Persia - 8 player (from "8 real world maps" pack), ROR, 2 v. 6 map:
1. Persia & 4 Parthen/Parthia (Macedonian) v.
2. Egypt 3. Assyria 5. India (Persia) 6. Scythen (Shang) 7. Grieken/Greece 8. Hettieten (Hittite)
I played a 2 v 6 game against TCM_Bear as P1 with a rookie named _PLAK on my team and he resigned about 5-10 minutes in and then 19 minutes in, the game locked up. Maybe there were too many AIs.
I as P2 played against Upstairs as P1 on Gameranger, and about 10 minutes in, the game ended for me, saying that there was a sync error, and the host told me that the game crashed. I did notice a tiny error: When I made fishing ships, they looked like rafts, and when I upgraded my fishing ships in the dock, those units' look did not change to sailing ships. Only the new ships looked like sailing ships.
We tried again on Voobly and the map crashed about 5-10 minutes in, telling me that there was a sync error. The host said that he didn't touch the speed. We were playing with 50 units per Player.
AOEE
Losses
1. I played as P2 in a game against a Spanish speaker (____Deva) with the AIs on Moderate and he resigned 11 minutes into the match. He had beaten me on the map "#2 Eastern Meditteranean - 8 player." Probably he realized that I had a big advantage by starting on Bronze. One big problem on this map is that even after P1 surrenders, you still have to kill all the Brown P4 units (P1's only ally is P4) because it's a Conquest map. I put towers almost all over the place and couldn't find the Brown player's stray villagers. I resigned, thinking that it was glitched, and then the map revealed to me the last Brown villager, who was standing in the Arabian desert. It's pretty annoying.
2. As P2 I lost to Tykkipeli who was P1. He advanced up to Bronze and Iron pretty quickly and raided my base alot. When he conquered my base, I set up bases in the west, east, and north corners, and made an army from the east that crushed his central base. But he had a second base in the north that he sent an army from (with elephants and priests), and I ran out of gamer stamina and resigned at about 1 hr 45 minutes.
As P2, I won against oppos456 as P1. He wrote that he was an average player. He had a quick start, got more population than me and rushed me, but then I stopped his attack with my chariots, probably because I started in Bronze. Then I sent my chariots and built towers around the map to look for Brown's stragglers.
Crashes:
1. On AOE: DE, 38 minutes into the game, I got dropped. I was playing with the AIs on HARD against Tiz in Brazil on the UK WEST Server. We both got dropped by the server at the same time.
2. I got dropped 8 minutes into the game on AOEE against a player named something like AsWaki

X #1 The Middle East Region 800 BC ("8 real world maps" pack), ROR, 4 Player Free for All map:
1. Persia v. 2. Egypt v. 3. Assyria v. 4. Bactria/Media (Babylonian)

X #2 Eastern Meditteranean - 8 player (PLAY ON AOEE) (from "8 real world maps" pack), ROR, Free for All map with fixed locations:
1. Phoenicia (Carthaginian) v. 2. Egypt v. 3. Hittites v. 4. Babylon v. 5. Assyria v. 6. Crete (Minoan)
(ironically, it does not have "8 players".)
P1 starts on the Stone Age and everyone else starts in Tool except for Crete, who starts in Bronze. So P1 has a big disadvantage and this explains why I lost the first 7 times I played the map to the end on Multiplayer without realizing that this was the cause.
P2 (Egypt) is a little overpowered because it starts with a dock and a lot of farms. There is an invisible land bridge connecting Crete with the mainland and another one across the middle of the Red Sea by Egypt.
P1 is Carthage, so his fortes are Triremes, fireships, elephant archers, elephants, and Academy units. Stone throwers are important for taking down enemy towers, but you can't upgrade to catapults. You may need horses or priests too if the enemy has priests.
The "original" version of the map (http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2547) seems more stable than the version I made where I added the Players' Civs to the Instruction screen (http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2808).
Despite it being titled an 8 Player map and despite it actually having 6 players (Player 3 is Hittite and Player 4 is Babylon in the Editor's settings, BTW) The original version says differently:
These civilisations played a main role about 500 B.C. :
Player 1 - Phoenicia
Player 2 - Egypt
Player 3 - Greek
Player 4 - Persia
1. Playing as P1, I lost to Johnny, playing as P2. The AI opponents were on EASIEST. He built alot of elephant archers and ranged fire towers as Egypt.
2. As P1, I lost to Espadon playing as P4 (Babylon). He relied on chariots.
3-4. As P1, I lost to *Nam*Mo^.*Dung* as P2, who relied on chariot archers and he won at 34 minutes in. Then I lost to Feroe, who relied on chariots.
5. As P1, I lost to "Upstairs," who told me that he was not a "Good" Player. His "villager high" Stat said 51. I asked him how he got over the 50 Pop Limit and he said that he built 10 stables or archeries and then when he was at 49 Pop, he made 10 elephants at once, so that it pushed his total unit count to 59. I really don't understand how he got his villager high to 51 by doing that though.
6. As P1, I lost to Lobo about 1 hour into the match. I focused on getting to Iron to use my Carthaginian ships and elephant archers. I did get some of his base near the Nile, but he used priests to switch my small army against me, and he also rebuilt his navy quickly, even though I sunk it three times.
7. AS P1 I lost to a Spanish/Hispanic player with the AIs on easy. He overpowered me 30-47 minutes into the match, getting to the Bronze age first and then making a stronger navy and chariots.
Crashes
AOE:ROR
1. I was playing with Mario using the Vietnamese 1.0 version and it crashed 12 minutes into the game.
2. I was playing with Sergio on Voobly and it locked up 17 minutes into the game.
3. Playing as P1 with RallE_ as Crete, 8 minutes in he had 35 villagers that he said was from fishing ships, and the map crashed on Voobly.
4. 35 minutes into playing with Poindexter, it locked up on Gameranger, He said that it locked 2 minutes after he pressed Alt Tab.
5. As P1, I thought I was doing a good job playing against PoindexterG and his friend Jabs on a FFA, but at 1 hour 9 minutes into the game, it crashed. Maybe it's because they had a poor connection, being in Colombia, or because there were two of them. It was helpful sending my villagers south down the coast for fishing spots and deer and berries spots, and then focusing on navy. Poindexter was okay, although I was getting the better of him.
6. As P1, playing with Upstairs as Crete, the map crashed at 7 minutes in and then almost 10 minutes in on our second try. I tried a different map and there was no freezing, so it must be the map's fault.
7. As P1, I played against SRK who had a good computer and our game locked up almost 5 minutes into the match.
On AOE:ROR, the basic way to win as Player 1 seems to be to play someone much less skilled than you with a great connection and win in like an hour. Hopefully, AOE: DE is a better platform for this map.
AOE: DE
1. As P1, I beat sonictimm, who calls himself a rusty rook, as P2, with the AIs on the "EASY" DE mode. I practically beat him in about 45 minutes and then he resigned and I mopped up the enemy AIs.
Server crashes.
1. On AOE: DE, I played against SRK, who is in India. At 5 minutes into the match on the West India server, it said that I was dropped from the match. The same thing happened 23 minutes into the match on the Western UK server.
2. About 40 min- 1 hr into a match it said that my connection to the Multiplayer lobby was lost. I was actually doing great against a Noob who said he usually beats the AI on Standard or Moderate, and he wrote RIP even, referring to himself. My internet connection was still intact, so it must be a server problem.
My own crashes
1. 57 minutes into the match, my own computer had an internet disconnection. I'm using WIFI and maybe a cable connection would be safer.

X #2 Eastern Meditteranean 500 BC (from "8 real world maps" pack), ROR, 2 v. 2 map:
1. Phoenicia (Carthaginian) & 2. Egypt v.
3. Greek & 4. Persia
(On Single Player, I beat the AIs on Moderate)

Middle East (North) Map (PLAY ON AOEE) (from 7 Maps Pack), ROR, 8 Player Free for All with no fixed locations:
1. Macedonia v. 2. Macedonian v. 3. Babylonian v. 4. Assyrian v. 5. Macedonian v. 6. Hittite v. 7 Phoenician v. 8. Sumerian
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2727
The Map froze-crashed 15 minutes into the game when I played it on AOE:ROR with another player named Feroe on Game Ranger. This has been a common experience playing with Custom Real World Maps that have 8 Players on them on Multiplayer. While the game was freezed, he quit, and then after he quit, the map unlocked.
Playing on AOE1E, I as P2 (Macedonian) beat Sonictimm as P1 and the AIs on STANDARD. He considers himself a rusty rookie and did pretty well, sending waves of academy units and elephants with catapults and cavalry into my base, which I met with similar forces + ballistas and towers. I thought a few times that I might lose or wear out. All the while I was spreading villagers around the map and probably had 25-35 villagers, even though for the 50 population limit I would have expected to have 22. I just needed to pump out villagers to keep up with the demands of replenishing my forces and researching Techs. I tasked them focusing on hunting, berries, and fish with fishing ships instead of farming. Finally I researched Centurions and the Purple AI took out his main base around 1 hr 12 minutes into the match. He jokingly told me to "join the party" as I attacked his base at the same time the AIs did.

Middle East (North) Map with Roman-Parthian Wars (PLAY ON AOEE) (54 BC – 217 AD or Late 1st cent. BC - 7th c. AD), ROR, 3 v. 3. v. 2
1. Parthians (Persian) & 6. Mesopotamia (Babylonian) & 8. Media (Persian) vs.
2. Roman Syria (Roman) & 5. Roman Asia Minor (Roman) & 7. Roman Egypt (Roman) vs.
3. Passive Armenia (Greek AI) & 4. Osroene (Palmyran AI)
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2747
On MULTIPLAYER on Gameranger, playing as P1 with Upstairs as P6, we got 19 minutes into the match and the game locked up. That's the same thing that happened when I was playing on the #1 The Middle East - Persia - 8 player map. The problem must be that Gameranger has a hard time with 8 Players on some maps like this one. It crashed again, 21 minutes into the scenario, when I played with another Player named Archer on Gameranger with 50 units per Player.
AOE DE matches
Crashes

1-2. I hosted with 5 other players and it crashed on 8/6/21 where it stalled for a few minutes at the loading screen and then announced that there was a sync error. The other players got the same error. Then one of the players, RenanEddie, from my match rehosted as Player 6 and with me as Player 1, and with 3 other humans, and it still crashed.

X Actium (Cleopatra Scenario from Pax Romana Multiplayer Campaign, c. 30 BC)
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2655, ROR Co-op:
1. Octavian (Roman Human) & 5. (Roman Human Ally) vs.
AI Players #2 Roman, 3 Egypt, 4 Egypt
The Pax Romana Campaign has this note about Gameranger:
"Make sure that your friend is always the bottom player in the lobby and the last in the numerical/color value. It's not enough that the friend only picks the appropriate color, since the game assigns the "stats" according to the lobby position (Starting age, resources, etc.). It can be done (at least in Gameranger) by kicking your friend after launching the game by assigning an AI player over them. (you'll be prompted to kick them) Set the rest of the AI according to the scenario, and invite your friend back in when you're done." This is correct: Playing on Gameranger, my ally started with no resources if he was in slot 2 and chose Orange Player 5.
However, on Voobly this might not be a problem. If I am Player 1 and choose Yellow (3), then I become Player 3 in the game with Player 3's resources.

X "The Stadium of Tiberius" (14 AD to 37 AD), AOE, This is a simple 1 v. 1 racing match. The Designer set the civilizations as 1. Egypt and 2. Persia because the Story is you visiting Tiberius' Stadium in Persia. But historically, Tiberius was a Roman emperor. There is no practical difference because it is a race between two chariots.
(http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=238)

X Siege V Masada (67 AD - 73 CE). ROR. This is a 3 v. 1 match, where 3 Judean players fight the strong Roman army.
1. Romans (should be the strongest player) v.
2. Masada (Babylonians. There is a Masada AI file in case they are Computer) & 3. Pharisees (Babylonians) & & 4. Sadduccees (Babylonians) & 5. Essenes (Sumerians. #2-5 should be Weaker Players or AIs).

X Year_of_the_Four_Emperors2 (Official Vespasian scenario with the Four Emperors from Pax Romana Campaign, 69 AD), ROR Co-op: #1 Roman. & #5 Roman. (Human Players) v.
# 2 Greek, # 3 Palmyran, #4 Macedonian.

X The Year Of the 4 Emperors (by Barbarian)(69 AD), It has a .PER file. It is for only 2-4 Players.The Roman general players 1-4 are allied with #7 Rome (Passive AI Player). Players #5, 6, and 8 are Barbarian tribes.
1. Vespasian (Roman) vs.
2. Galba (red Romans) vs.
3. Otho (yellow Romans) vs.
4. Vitellius (brown Romans) vs.
5. Minoans & 6. Yamato & 8. Egypt
7. Romans are allied with #s 1-4.
It has a .Per file that players must put in their Age of Empires\AI Folder.
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=1137

X The Advance of Antonius / Primus (October 69 AD) 1. v. 1 or 2 v. 1 Match, ROR. Players 2 and 4 are impotent AIs with no usable buildings or units.
1. Vespasian's General Antonius Primus (Romans) & 2. Etruscans (Greeks) & 3. Egyptian Buildings (Egypt. Probably not meant to be played and has 0 starting resources, but Player 1 can tribute it so that it can start a base) vs.
4. Nero's Colossus (Greek) vs.
5. Vitellus (Romans)
The match looks about even in balance in the map editor. P1 (Vespasian) starts with only 1146 units. P5 has 1144 units, 80,000 of each resource except for holding 50,000 in gold, and has the NE part of the map. Probably the Designer gave both players about equal power in terms of buildings and space. But I had to play it on EASIEST in Single Player, so it felt lopsided against P1.

I did not realize it when I played it on Single Player, but since you as Player 1 are allied with Player 3 ("Egyptian Buildings", set to the "Defensive" Strategy), you can actually tribute them food and other resources and they will produce villagers and build up defensive forces. I am not sure if the Designer intended this though.

http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2425

X #8 India 150 AD (from "8 real world maps" pack), ROR, 2 v. 2:
Player 1 Gupta (begins loaded with 99999 resources) & 3 Satavahaha. v.
Player 2. Kushans & 4. Satraps
Historically, 1.,2, and 3 should be Persians and 4. Greeks. But the Designer picked differently: 1. as Romans, 2. as Babylonians, 3. Persians, 4. Carthaginians.

X Ctesiphon (from Pax Romana Campaign, 262 AD), ROR Co-op: Players #1 (Roman Human) and 6. (Human) vs.
2. Persian, 3. Palmyran, 4. Persian, 5. Persian, 6. Roman.
Only #1 is allied with chest's your ark's goal city, Ctesiphon (Orange Player 5), meaning that only Player 1 can deliver the chest into the city without having to fight the city. The Designer set Player 6's VC to None and the Global Victory setting to Conquest, which probably means that you have to destroy all enemies, maybe even P1's ally Ctesiphon, which contradicts the story line.

X Queen Zenobia (from Pax Romana Campaign, 266-273), ROR Co-op: 1. Roman, 2. Palmyran, 3. Palmyran, 4. Palmyran, 5. Roman

X Coming of the Huns (from Pax Romana Campaign, 373 - 453 AD), ROR Co-op: Players 1 (Roman) and 6 (Roman) are the Human Players vs.
2. Hittite, 3. Hittite, 4. Palmyran, 5. Persian, 6. Roman.

X Armageddon (by Stonefleck), AOE, 4 Player Free-For-All, 1. Egyptian v. 2. Babylonian v. 3. Greek v. 4. Assyrian 5. Minoan
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=702&ci=65c2f30361e10986b7e57dd901ecc8fcYToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjQwOiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3NlYXJjaD1Bcm1hZ2VkZG9uIjt9fQ==

[This message has been edited by rakovsky (edited 08-08-2021 @ 07:46 PM).]

posted 02-11-21 11:55 AM ET (US)     2 / 2  
I got #1 The Middle East - Persia - 8 player (a ROR, 2 v. 6 map, from "8 real world maps" pack) to work on the AOE: DE version on Multiplayer. I beat the original AOE:ROR version of the scenario as Player 1 on Single Player.

But on MULTIPLAYER in ROR, I couldn't get it to play past 19 minutes. It repeatedly crashed on Game Ranger and Voobly, even when I played with even 1 other Human and only 50 units on only Normal speed. The people I tried it with were good players in the US and France with good connections. The AOE: DE platform and servers are strong enough to make it work on Multiplayer.

Middle East (North) Map with Roman-Parthian Wars that I made for ROR by using the "X Middle East (North)" Map by S_Bishop also crashed 19 minutes into the match with Upstairs as P6 on my Team and the rest being AIs. I am guessing that it's the same problem as with #1 The Middle East - Persia, ie. the map has some problem that is accentuated when you play with 8 Players (including AIs). It works OK on AOE: DE, however, and I uploaded it to their database here:
https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/21399/

[This message has been edited by rakovsky (edited 06-12-2021 @ 02:06 PM).]

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » A List of Campaigns and Scenarios about the 1st-2nd Centuries AD
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames