Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Blacksmith
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
posted 12-03-07 05:09 PM CT (US)   

This thread is about the Blacksmith. For review requests please visit here. Please post your suggestions, helpful comments, topic proposals etc. here. Alternatively, you can send a mail to Mashek@heavengames.com regarding relevant issues to the Blacksmith. I will update this thread regularly with new topics, information and progress.

Blacksmith News

20 to 25 download recommendations of the last twelve months
Please post your suggestions

8/21 Follow the tale of two unlikely heroes in the spin-off scenario from Gwyndlegard the Epic Adventures of Marvin and Rob by Lord Basse
6/26 Gwyndlegard lies broken under the heavy tread of Queen Xaphira's troops, and a sergeant's single act of compassion one evening will spark rebellion throughout the rabble of provinces. Play the epic scenario with over five hours entertainment in Gwyndlegard by Lord Basse
5/18 Discover new realities after ten years of Age of Kings in Invisible Object by truedew12
5/15 See-saw backwards and forth across the old Somme battle-plain with riflemen, machine gun squads and tanks after the Spring Offensive grounds to a halt in Der Graben by andymok
3/11 Time reveals the crumbling tops of a once great kingdom, and a wandering traveller seeks answers in the hauntingly poignant cinematic The Spirit of Alessia Prologue by Sebastien
2/22 War threatens the borders of Ravenia, the king is dead and a son vies for revenge in the engaging cinematic The Successor – Preview by panel
1/14 The results are finally up for the Mini-game Contest 2009, and 16 entries, exploring a plethora of themes, awaits you
12/15 A count's dark past is brought to present as an old enemy invades his homeland in Blood of the Bear by Mashek
12/13 Explore the labyrinthine city of London and survive the zombie horror in the latest update Silent Evil: Winter Edition, a collaborative effort by Popeychops and Tanks_fst
11/15 Retake South-Western Africa from the Portuguese with Ana de Sousa Nzinga Mbande in African Lamentation by Rat del desierto and submission to the Historical Scenario Contest
11/09 Follow the ronin Tsubasa in an epic role playing game in the already five-star-rated scenario Tsubasa's Tale by Night Conqueror
11/02 Over 500 new units in the EEE Mod by Tanks_fst
11/01 Test yourself in the Latean Project by Turty, where an alternative reality, numerous trials and unique game play will really entertain you
10/29 Caught between two invading armies, defend your small town in this fun and intense game, Caught in the Crossfire by Lord Basse
10/08 (updated 11/09) Four friends band together to save Utara from the relentless onslaught waged by Qlifrak in Jengar's Quest by Jecon
10/07 Play your favourite scenarios in black and white or sepia in the innovative mod by Jatayu. Scenarios set in the past or in a noir-style atmosphere have taken on a whole new look
10/03 Epic, challenging and well-designed, defeat the invaders from Crevatska in A Call to Arms by Julius999
09/07 Dark Clouds Above England gather, and England is once more divided by war, in Julius999's submission for the Historical Scenario Contest

Posting Reviews

There is a system at the Blacksmith that automatically hides reviews when posted, to avoid unnecessary discussions about them before they're even approved by a staff member. It is important to be patient here; a Blacksmith staff member will be onto the review as soon as he or she is on. The Blacksmith is moderated daily by Mashek and TheLaughingMule, at the start and end of any day—so you can expect your review to appear fairly quickly, unless of course there is a problem with it, in which case a mail will then be sent to your email asking for an edit. Reviews generally take 24 – 48 hours to appear.

Automatic E-Mail Notification for Blacksmith Submissions

Our services include an automatic e-mail notification for comments and reviews posted for your submission. If you wish to receive e-mail notification for comments and reviews, you should update your forum profile to turn download notifications on. To do this, click the 'my account' link (found above on the top left hand corner of the page), login with your password, then select the "Yes, I wish to receive notifications from the downloads system" option underneath your e-mail address and save the changes.

Mandatory Valid E-Mail Address

Even if you chose to hide your e-mail address from the public, you need a valid email address for staff members to contact you. If you are contacted by a staff member regarding your submission/comment or review, you will see [Blacksmith Moderation Mail] in the header. If you receive one of these mails, please reply to the sender as soon as possible. The general rule is that if there is no reply in 2-3 weeks the submission/comment or review will be removed. Please keep your email address up-to-date, and be sure to check it every now and then.

Missing Sound Files

You can submit files to the Blacksmith up to 48 Megabytes. This was not always permissible due to limitations with the server, and over the decade however many designers linked their sound files from external links to their submission at the Blacksmith. Unfortunately, as days come and go and years pass by, many of these links have become broken, and we need your help to restore these submissions. Below, we've written a list of all the known files with missing sound files. If you find while reading the list that you have some of these files from a past download please post here and send them to Mashek@heavengames.com. Likewise, if you find a submission with a broken link, please let us know so that we can list the file here and hopefully find a solution to bring the file back up to date.

Revised Demo of The Legends of Mazer by Night Conqueror
Missing custom sounds which were by E-mail request at Gioc007@msn.com

The Tale of Minothar Preview, by AoK Dragon Team
Missing three sound packs, which were here,
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds1.zip
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds2.zip
http://www.geocities.com/rodrigo_hdt/TToMsounds3.zip

Gunnar from Hlidarende - chapter 1, by Gurto
Missing two music files, which were here:
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/gurto/Gunnar-_music.zip

The Norman Conquest of England, by Cherub Loco/SCN Punk
Missing the Custom Soundtrack which was here,
http://www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Norman_Music.zip

Titulus Invadere, by SCN Punk Team
Missing Music Pack of 13,2MB which was here,
http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/aokpunk/?projects/invasion/download.shtml

Winterland, by Enrique Orduno and King400
Missing Sounds which were here,
www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Winterland_sounds.zip

The Four Relics of Fire - Remade, by Zanzard Lothar
Missing three choices of music, which were at the author's website.

Running Man, by SCN Punk
Missing Sound Pack of 5MB which was here,
http://www.scnpunk.com/stuff/Running_Man_sounds.zip

Where we have Arrived, by Angel Shadows
Missing sounds, which were here,
www.scnpunk.com/eepunk/EXT/Sounds.zip

Blacksun Series by The Kestrel
Missing sounds and music of 5.7MB were here:
http://silasb.tripod.com/BlacksunMusics.zip
I found all sounds on an old computer, I update soon.

Heroes of the Three Kingdoms, by Tsunami Studios
Missing the custom made Mod Pack, which was here,
http://scnpunk.com/tsunamistudios/H3K_mod.zip

Files Restored

05/31/09 Final Fantasy VIII - Introduction by IVIeTaMoRpHoSiS, thanks to sissi and Andanu Trisatya the submission includes the music file.
08/11/08 Heroes of the Three Kingdoms, by Tsunami Studios, thanks to AnastasiaKafka and Tonto_Simfish the submission includes the 10 music files still missing the custom Mod Pack.
08/10/08 Wrath of The Dark Lord (Bug Fix v1), by Dark_Warrior_1_, thanks to cat, the submission includes the three music files.
06/16/08 Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, by StG_Phoenix, the download includes the sounds now.
06/15/08 Moses, Liberator of the Hebrews, by Lighthouse Creations, the link to the 4MB music pack works again.
04/02/08 Attack at Dawn by crasher, I updated with the 21 sound files that were missing.
11/29/06 Bouren v1.5 by Tonto_DaVe, I updated with the 73 sound files that were missing.

[This message has been edited by Mashek (edited 09-13-2010 @ 12:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-01-08 08:43 PM CT (US)     246 / 552  
Well that does not make sense. My Atlantis campaign is also a part 1, but it is neither a demo nor incomplete. It is just the first part of a ( probably never will be completed ) trilogy.

On a side note, that file has 1337 d'lds

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 07-01-08 09:01 PM CT (US)     247 / 552  
I thought you had planned on making a Part II for that.
I did, the first 3 months or so after its release.

Still, awaiting a sequel isn't the same as having the project unfinished. Kerokato is a separate scenario and stands on its own, the sequels were supposed to continue building the story but the original is not dependant on sequels to finish its story, just like The Quest isn't depending on The King's Best Men to end the story of it, Sabato the Witch to Sabato Returns, you get my point.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 07-01-08 10:50 PM CT (US)     248 / 552  
I agree with Basse. Your whole idea of an unfinished work, Tanneur, looks wrong from my point of view. If I may have an opinion, it should only be classified as 'unfinished' if the scenario (in itself, not as a part of the whole story) is not complete. An example for this would be demo projects, where the game ends where it wasn't supposed to, in a certain point.

-•|•- StormWind Studios -•|•- Blacksmith Files -•|•- Fabula Fatalis -•|•-

"No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms,
high on the waves you make for us, but not since you left have the waves come."
posted 07-02-08 08:11 AM CT (US)     249 / 552  
My Atlantis campaign is also a part 1, but it is neither a demo nor incomplete. It is just the first part of a ( probably never will be completed ) trilogy.
Buddy, do you think Tanneur would put a file like that in the "Unfinished" section? I know he really liked that game, judging from how put it, "Amazing, great scenario, Atlantis - The Lost Realm by Sword_of_STORM you never saw anything like this, a must download." Unfinished is nothing more than a "Trash" section, and Tanneur would NEVER put that file there.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 07-02-08 11:28 AM CT (US)     250 / 552  
No need of such a 'folder' to insult people.

It is totally hateful to see unfinished stories going for that section.
Unfinished is nothing more than a "Trash" section
That is so rude. Where is the boundary of that label named "TRASH"?

[This message has been edited by John Mendl (edited 07-02-2008 @ 11:31 AM).]

posted 07-02-08 12:00 PM CT (US)     251 / 552  
That is so rude. Where is the boundary of that label named "TRASH"?
Ok, thanks for asking.

1: This was stated by matty12345 on this subject: "Keep it, I am tired of people uploading there garbage to the smith."

2: Show me one file there, not some old file like Basse's Kerokato, or Mash's The Dusk is Risen (Or whatever it is called), that has more than 400 dowanloads. This can include high ranking files also. There might be one or two, but not many.

If you want a nicer word, it's a storage area. Like on the Indiana Jones-Raiders of the Loast Ark, where there was a huge storage area that would never be checked out.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 07-02-08 12:28 PM CT (US)     252 / 552  
Actually, I said that about the now changed "unfinished single player works category." IMO, if you upload a scenario that isn't finished, it needs to go somewhere seperate of finished work. "Garbage", aka unplayable stuff with bugs and incomplete to the point of uselessness, falls in this category.

Now the category has been given the nicer name, Demos and Projects, which is all encompassing for unfinished works. I have no problem with what is going in there.

You know people, if you don't want your stuff to go in the unfinished section, there is a painfully obvious solution. Finish it.

Honestly you didn't care enough about the project to finish making it, what does the dl count matter to you for then?

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-02-08 12:43 PM CT (US)     253 / 552  
Problem is, Kerokato is finished, has been that way ever since I first uploaded it back in 2006, but only now has it been classed as unfinished.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 07-02-08 12:48 PM CT (US)     254 / 552  
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't directing those comments to you. Obviously complete parts of possible future trilogies are finished. Huidin's belief for example.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-02-08 01:14 PM CT (US)     255 / 552  
Dantares, i wasnot telling you are rude. The process of labelling "trash" is what is rude. Dantares, has almost no role there, so i wasnt directing the post towards you.
posted 08-04-08 05:51 PM CT (US)     256 / 552  
Hey Tanneur,

I can't update my submissions to the Blacksmith. I think the problem is that before the new code we used to be able to create unique author names. Now when I want to update, I'm prompted that only the submitter can update.

Anyway, can you fix it, or should I just submit them as new?

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 08-05-08 08:46 AM CT (US)     257 / 552  
A valid user name needs an e-mail address. With the new blacksmith HG stores all e-mail addresses in the Forums. As a result, from all user names that never posted in a Forum the e-mail removed at the blacksmith. I did ask a couple of times in the last years to have those addresses back because it helps moderation, we had e-mail search with the old blacksmith, if someone has smith432@... for example, you could search for smith to receive the same user as lordsmith or use 432 to receive that user as gimli432. I receive mail requests without user name which makes it difficult to know to what issue or file people refer to, an e-mail search would help.

Your files, if I miss one please let me know.

Panlong AnastasiaKafka
The above has a valid user name.

¤Dragonfly¤ The Still Point of Time ¤Anastasia¤ T§unami¤§tudi
The above was invalid, I changed it to AnastasiaKafka

The Nativity Set Anastasia Tsunami Studios
The above was invalid, I changed it to AnastasiaKafka

New Aspects New Object Templates by Tsunami Studios
The above has a valid user name; I can change it to AnastasiaKafka if you want.
posted 08-05-08 09:13 AM CT (US)     258 / 552  
Thanks 99!

Yes, if the names must all be changed so I can update them, then please change the last one also. If not, then please leave the author name as it it is now.

Indeed, I do recall that, and I attempted to get them corrected at one point, but I'm not sure if that was before the changes or not?

Anyway, thanks again for the quick response!

posted 08-05-08 09:23 AM CT (US)     259 / 552  
Hi Tanneur,
Could you change these files:

Campaign #356 the Chronicles of the Warlord by Woad Creations
Campaign #502 Cortez' Unification of Yucatan v 1,5 by Woad Creations

To be under my forum account (ie Derfel Cadarn), as at present they do not work.
I know I have made a few other files (Denacen Sage, the original Age of Chivalry) but I do not need those changed, as I didn't make them on my own and the authors listed there at present better reflect the facts.

Thanks in advance!

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 08-05-08 09:42 AM CT (US)     260 / 552  
Ana, you are logged in as AnastasiaKafka and you can update the first three, for the utility you need to log in as Tsunami Studios. Do you have both passwords?

Kor, I will do it in a minute. In general I prefer all files from an author under the same user name, mainly for the search engine. You could give credit to co authors in the description or headline but for copyright reasons I understand your concerns.
posted 08-05-08 11:13 AM CT (US)     261 / 552  
Hey 99,
I think I might have the password if it's the one Spiney gave me last. I'm not able to try it until this evening though. So if it's OK with you, I'll check it and get back to you on the Tsunami Studios one.

posted 08-05-08 01:10 PM CT (US)     262 / 552  
Kor, I will do it in a minute. In general I prefer all files from an author under the same user name, mainly for the search engine. You could give credit to co authors in the description or headline but for copyright reasons I understand your concerns.
Thanks for the swift response. And yes, I prefer to keep the other two files separate (also, Woad Creations is apparently a real forum account so at least that one has a working email address, although I don't think it's still in use), as they were not my own work as the others are. Especially Denacen, which was a team project and which would have been entirely different had it been devised by myself alone. Thanks for your understanding.

Offt hin hinder.
posted 08-06-08 06:27 PM CT (US)     263 / 552  
Hey 99,

The Tsunami Studios is not working with the password Spiney gave me. I would like to keep that name if at all possible. Please let me know my options. I mean if you sent a new password to the addy on the account, I could check to see if it's still one I have. Also if I could change the email addy to one I know I can use that would be good too.

Thanks in advance!

posted 08-07-08 07:53 AM CT (US)     264 / 552  
Hey Tanneur I have this one : Wrath of The Dark Lord (Bug Fix v1), by Dark_Warrior_1_
Missing Sound Pack, which was here, www.dwsounpackbeingupdated.com
,will check to make sure the sound files are there and send it to you
posted 08-07-08 10:57 AM CT (US)     265 / 552  
Thank goodness, Cat, I've been looking for that one. Such a great game, it is.

-•|•- StormWind Studios -•|•- Blacksmith Files -•|•- Fabula Fatalis -•|•-

"No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms,
high on the waves you make for us, but not since you left have the waves come."
posted 08-09-08 01:35 PM CT (US)     266 / 552  
Hey cat,

Thank you very much for your help.

I will update Wrath of The Dark Lord tomorrow with the sound files you sent.

Hey Ana,

Here are your options; however the first does not work. I typed before I tried the e-mail and just added about the failed delivery.

1. Logout, go to the blacksmith, on the right you see,
Login
Forum Username:
Password:
• Create a new account
• Forgot password?
Click 'Forgot password?'
You receive, "You can have your username and a new password emailed to you by providing your email address. We will then email the username we have associated with the email address you provide, along with a randomly generated password. This information will be sent to the email address you type below."

I sent an e-mail to tsunamistudios@crosswinds.net (it is a public address, not hidden) the address your file and Heroes of the Three Kingdoms - Episode I v 1.02 uses.

Unfortunately, I received an 'Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender', 'Recipient address rejected: Access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)' message.

Therefore, the first option to receive a new computer generated password will not work because it sends the password to the e-mail above.

2. Send me by e-mail the updates and I do them for you.

3. Create a similar account like 'Tsunami Studios Design' with a valid e-mail address and I change your file to that user account.

4. I change also that file to AnastasiaKafka.

5. Send an e-mail to Zen and/or Pecunia and ask them to send a new password of the Tsunami Studios account by return mail. After that you should change the e-mail for that new user. You can also update 'Heroes of the Three Kingdoms' afterwards, I thought to wait for the Mod Pack and Intro Music before I do but it seems nobody has them and I should do it now anyways.
posted 08-09-08 04:37 PM CT (US)     267 / 552  
Thanks 99,
I think #2 is easiest for now, and perhaps we could do #3 later too. I'm suprised that those two files had the same e-mail...I did look for the sounds in my old files. I seem to remember that I was the one who gave the others to you though?

Anyway, I got those from Simfish. He has a lot of Old stuff, so maybe to contact him.
Thanks again!

posted 08-10-08 09:45 AM CT (US)     268 / 552  
@Tanneur Hon you are very welcome
posted 08-10-08 05:54 PM CT (US)     269 / 552  
Wrath of The Dark Lord (Bug Fix v1), by Dark_Warrior_1_ updated with the missing music files, ‘Departing of the Aroror’, ‘Music 1’ and ‘Prologue Music’.

Yes Ana, I received the 9 music files from you and mailed,
Thank you so much for the files, big kiss.
I sent e-mails to Tonto_Simfish and Shadow_wiz who posted that he downloaded all sounds and Mod Pack before the links broke. If they do not have the two missing files, I will update Heroes of the Three Kingdoms only with the 9 files you sent me.

I will update Blacksun Series by The Kestrel soon; I found all sounds on an old computer.

Edit: I received an ‘Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender’ message for Tonto_Simfish; anyone has a valid e-mail address from him? A mail to Dark_Warrior_1_ has the same issue has anyone a new address. I still have Fix 41 to 47 of ‘Wrath of The Dark Lord’ and wonder if we ever finish.

[This message has been edited by Tanneur99 (edited 08-10-2008 @ 06:11 PM).]

posted 08-10-08 06:29 PM CT (US)     270 / 552  
Simfish has another account on HG which he still uses. His email there is inquilinekea@gmail.com, although he also mentions simfish@gmail.com in his profile. Hopefully these still work.

Offt hin hinder.
posted 08-10-08 08:24 PM CT (US)     271 / 552  
Thanks Kor, I sent the e-mail again to both addresses you posted and this time it got through.

I used the e-mail we have at the blacksmith for the first mail.

[This message has been edited by Tanneur99 (edited 08-10-2008 @ 08:25 PM).]

posted 08-10-08 08:32 PM CT (US)     272 / 552  
Hey Tanner, got your message (and yeah, I intentionally changed Tonto_Simfish's e-mail to something I couldn't use a number of years ago)

Yeah, I do have the sound file for ROTK Intro 1 so I'll get it from my external HD now. I don't have the modpack though - was it by Jiangjun Izzy?

I think I have the soundtracks for a number of SCN Punk campaigns - I'll look now to see which ones I have.

EDIT: actually I confused H3K credits with H3K intro 1. This is what I have from H3K:

"H3K_Credits.mp3
H3K_Crisis Battle.mp3
H3K_Danger.mp3
H3K_Nothing to Do.mp3
H3K_Regular Battle.mp3
H3K_Regular Battle II.mp3
H3K_Regular Battle III.mp3
H3K_Show Down Battle.mp3
H3K_Siege Battle (Honorable Battle).mp3"

Also - I don't know whether or not I have the others - a lot of the music files I have aren't labeled with the campaign name so I don't know which campaign a lot of them belong to. I can c/p the titles of the files I have in my folder though (folder is arranged in order of file size)

this is c/p of largest files in folder:

"nexus01.mp3
1. HARALDR (TW4 350).mp3
nyctophobia- oracion del pajarito.mp3
nyctophobia- lamento del indio.mp3
nexus03a.mp3
The Underworld II.mp3
nyctophobia- pucaicha.mp3
nexus02.mp3
H3K_Show Down Battle.mp3
Blacksun Part I.mp3
endcredits.mp3
GKCMOrff.mp3
H3K_Regular Battle III.mp3
H3K_Siege Battle (Honorable Battle).mp3
The Swallowed Realm Chap 2.mp3
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters.mp3
Metallica-Unforgiven.mp3
revenge.mp3
H3K_Regular Battle.mp3
H3K_Regular Battle II.mp3
The New World- soundtrack.mp3
Swallowed Realms.mp3
xc1s5end.mp3
H3K_Crisis Battle.mp3
900S-123-track2.mp3
Archangel - Kingdom.mp3
2. HARALDR (TW12 120).mp3
tamerlane- misirlou twist.mp3
H3K_Nothing to Do.mp3
Braveheart- soundtrack.mp3
loveofaprincess.mp3
xc1s1.mp3
xc1s5.mp3
xopen.mp3
Blacksun Part II.mp3
H3K_Credits.mp3
nexus06b.mp3
NeutralTheme.mp3
uncle.mp3
nexus04a.mp3
tamerlane- the might of rome.mp3
tamerlane- hordath.mp3
tamerlane- attack on murron.mp3
theprincesspleads.mp3
nexus00a.mp3
Track 14.mp3
Workin.mp3
nexus00b.mp3
attackonmurron.mp3
xc1s4end.mp3
900S-66-track1.mp3
nexus04b.mp3
tamerlane- aaj ki raat.mp3
tamerlane- la quinte estampie real.mp3
tamerlane- strength and honor.mp3
AOKMIX.mp3
Track 8.mp3
LightRain&Thunder.mp3
H3K_Danger.mp3
Emperor Wendi - sword dance (chinese folk).mp3
~ts_japancoast.mp3
Track 2.mp3
makingplans.mp3
Clans of Warmusic.mp3
TOWN.MP3
RotDF_Town.mp3
nexus03b.mp3
The Underworld II Rain and light Thunder.mp3
Counter Attack.mp3
LoC_musica.mp3
nyctophobia9.mp3
FinalHour-dearfather.mp3
tamerlane- you drive me crazy.mp3
ChristmasMorning-01.mp3
FinalHour-godtime.mp3
sadending(23).mp3
a The glade part II.mp3
RotDF_Village.mp3
TKBM-applause.mp3
TKBM-LongApplause1.mp3
sab ret mu attacking.mp3
Ulio - AtmoDark2.mp3
RotDF_LightRain.mp3
Ulio - Celtic2.mp3
UM-1.mp3
Ulio - AtmoBright.mp3
nyctophobia13.MP3
sab ret end1.mp3
UM-6.mp3
4-85.mp3
4-85.mp3.mp3
2-Entry51.mp3
Emperor Wendi - ending of Age of Empires track 14.mp3
K-5.mp3
sab hero at relic.mp3
VSapplause2.wav
1066-music3.mp3
F&S - Intro.mp3
Emperor Wendi - Ivan the Terrible Overture (Prokofiev).mp3
RotDF_HeavyRainLOOP.mp3

Ulio - AtmoMedium.mp3
RotDF_HeavyRain.mp3
nyctophobia4.mp3
FinalHour-endofR1.mp3
Sab munchkin theme.mp3
1066-music1.mp3
GKCMChant.mp3
Ulio - Panic.mp3
Emperor Wendi - O Guarani (Carlos Gomes).mp3
sab ret mu walk.mp3
CELT.MP3
s-opfer 2.mp3
~ts_seacoast2.mp3
~Train.wav
sab fight fluffy.mp3
el_anfang2.mp3
TKBM-Sinister.mp3
Ulio - Sinister.mp3
Byzantin.mp3
Horses&Screaming[1].mp3
Ulio - steps echo.wav
Sab Ret evil music.mp3
TKBM-Stormy.mp3
Ulio - Stormy.mp3
FinalHour-brothers.mp3
1066-hastings2.mp3
fight_loop_medium_1.WAV
ChristmasMorning-10.mp3
vill party.mp3
Roland's Quest - Rochester is defeated.mp3
1066-hastings1.mp3
KB MOH.mp3
K-3.mp3

1066-hastings3.mp3
~ts_market.mp3
el_panic.mp3
VIKING.MP3
F&S - Storm.mp3
Ulio - AtmoDark3.mp3
Emperor Wendi - Anastasia (Ivan the Terrible Soundtrack).mp3
Ulio - battle2.mp3
nyctophobia8.mp3
Emperor Wendi - Big Problems.mp3
1410-intro-army1.mp3
MaidsofLinhNam15.wav
RotDF_Cry.mp3
tamerlane5.mp3
s-rachebund.mp3
UM-3.mp3
Ulio - mob.mp3
RotDF_FrenchCamp.mp3
kor richardpoint.mp3
RotDF_PreBattle.mp3
der Sachsenkrieg Karl spricht.mp3
100-march.mp3
RotDF_1_start.mp3
scottish[1].mp3
ChristmasMorning-09.mp3
VSchurchbell.wav
The Underworld II thunder 2.mp3
FinalHour-end.mp3
FinalHour-tellthem.mp3
TKBM-DrumRoll1.mp3
Gyda - Storm 2.mp3
Ulio - Storm 2.mp3
TKBM-Wolf.mp3

RotDF_BATTLE.mp3
1410-intro-mid.mp3
KB M1.mp3
RotDF_SadEnding.mp3
100-heroic.mp3
KB Music1 Heroic.mp3
tamerlane6.mp3
RotDF_Night.mp3
RotDF_NightLoop.mp3
RotDF_Water6.mp3
GKCMVA.mp3
100-joan.mp3
FX1. lightning.wav
100-triumph.mp3
MaidsofLinhNam6.mp3
TKBM-Wolves.mp3
UM-4.mp3
100-fantasy.mp3
TKBM-Circus.mp3
UM-5.mp3
kor Bel1.mp3
sr-swamp.mp3
Ulio - bagpipes.mp3
2-113.mp3
thunderlg.mp3
UM-2.mp3
Emperor Wendi - start of Age of Empires track 14.mp3
Ulio - Drums.mp3
Emperor Wendi - Death Of Rexor (Conan the Barbarian Sound...
GKCMGoth.mp3
2-VILL1.mp3
GKCMDrum.mp3
nyctophobia12.mp3

s-verden 2.mp3
kor Bandits.mp3
2-18.mp3
Ulio - groan.wav
kor TeutonicKnight.mp3
1410-Bogurodzica.mp3
celticmusic[1].mp3
~x1road.mp3
tamerlane10.mp3
ThunderClap.mp3
1410-intro-army2.mp3
2-35.mp3
2-36.mp3
1410-camp.mp3
TKBM-Matchstrike.mp3
evillaugh.mp3
2-115.mp3
K-4.mp3
Ulio - ghowl.mp3
2-KING2.mp3
K-7.mp3
TKBM-WolfConcert.mp3
Wolfs.mp3
RotDF_TownTune1.mp3
~inn1.mp3
thunderroll.mp3
Troll Bridge -Thunder Roll.mp3
Ulio - ThunderRoll.mp3
TKBM-MedievalTune.mp3
1066-music0.mp3
el_anfang3.mp3
kor richardwar.mp3
K-8.mp3

RotDF_Wavesfor6.mp3
GKCMTwilight.mp3
TKBM-2waves.mp3
Ulio - mansings.mp3
4-16.mp3
Ulio - laughter2.wav
2-26.mp3
1410-intro-unit.mp3
Ulio - infantry1.mp3
1410-meele30.mp3
kor Tuck.mp3
ChristmasMorning-11.mp3
vill cafe.mp3
TKBM-Gallop.mp3
kor Governor.mp3
TKBM-GateClose.mp3
Ulio - Gateclose.mp3
GKCMByzantine.mp3
Ulio - Atmo5.mp3
kor PaladinePriest.mp3
sr-monk.mp3
sab ret mu fiz start.mp3
2-41.mp3
TKBMSinisterShrill.mp3
Ulio - Sinister2.mp3
kor Bel2.mp3
FinalHour-toyourplaces.mp3
MaidsofLinhNam10.mp3
TKBM-WomanSings.mp3
1-12.mp3
4-10.mp3
4-13.mp3
4-15.mp3

Former Tonto_Simfish/Simfish.

simfish@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by InquilineKea (edited 08-10-2008 @ 08:53 PM).]

posted 08-10-08 10:06 PM CT (US)     273 / 552  
Hey Tonto_Simfish, thank you for your post.

The 9 H3K files you list are the ones you sent to Anastasia and I found the Intro Music in your list.

It is xopen.mp3, the link to the Intro Music was http://scnpunk.com/tsunamistudios/group/xopen.zip

There is a xopen.mp3 in my sound/stream folder but if you have also one in sound/scenario it must be in relation of a scenario/campaign. Please compare the xopen.mp3 of your sound/stream folder with the one in your sound/scenario. Just backup the two before you listen to them because they might become corrupt if you open them in a folder. If they are different, please mail me the music file.

According to the link, the name of the Mod Pack was H3K_mod.

For the other sound files, do you have one of the scenarios/campaigns listed above on your computer?
posted 08-10-08 11:18 PM CT (US)     274 / 552  
Yep, xopen.mp3 is the H3k one. so i'll send it to you.

i have "The Norman Conquest of England", "Titulus Invadere", and "Running Man". I can reinstall AOK:TC and load up those campaigns with the AOK campaign editor from the blacksmith to check which sound files are used (but it will take some time).

edit1: okay so when you load up the trigger for playing a sound file, the trigger for the sound file isn't shown unless you have the sound file in your scenario folder. is there another way to find which filenames the scenario uses?

edit2: i checked the triggers for those scenarios so i learned that i don't have the music files for any of the others.

Former Tonto_Simfish/Simfish.

simfish@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by InquilineKea (edited 08-11-2008 @ 00:30 AM).]

posted 08-11-08 10:51 AM CT (US)     275 / 552  
Tanneur I have sent you my "Running Man" zip from EO, back when I playtested it for him.
posted 08-17-08 08:16 AM CT (US)     276 / 552  
if i have downloaded one of the files from the blacksmith, how do i add it to my selection in the game?
posted 08-18-08 01:10 PM CT (US)     277 / 552  
if i have downloaded one of the files from the blacksmith, how do i add it to my selection in the game?
You need to extract the file with the extension .scx in the folder \microsoft games\age of empires 2\sound\scenario
This way you will see the scenario appearing when you start up the game and go in the editor, then load the scenario from the list.

In other words:

If the file has .scx it goes in the:
\microsoft games\scenario folder

If the file has .mp3 it goes in the:
\microsoft games\sound\scenario folder

If the file has .cpn it goes in the:
\microsoft games\campaign folder

If the file has .cpx it goes in the:
\microsoft games\campaign folder

If the file has .bmp it goes in the
\microsoft games\age of empires 2

That should work. If not, please tell what you did

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)

[This message has been edited by WizarDBoy (edited 08-18-2008 @ 01:14 PM).]

posted 08-18-08 01:18 PM CT (US)     278 / 552  

That's not necessary

I never moved a bitmap, but it always appeared.

So you can just leave it in the .zip file

Greetings,
Guthan

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro
posted 08-19-08 04:34 PM CT (US)     279 / 552  

That's not necessary

I never moved a bitmap, but it always appeared.
You missed one thing then. If the scenario is a scenario and no campaign then you DO need to put the bitmap in the \microsoft ganes\age of empires 2 Imo

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
posted 08-23-08 11:18 PM CT (US)     280 / 552  
To edit a Text Document into a RMS file, need help

WoodChuck aka RobTheBrave submitted a text document in his RMS Unholy Monks eight years ago. However, only recently after over thousand downloads, direwolf11 was the first to comment about the issue.

I want to complete the submission with an RMS file.

I used search here and it seems that renaming is the correct way apart from suggestions to use a Random Map Editor but I do not want to do a new script.

I also opened DOCS on the CD and it sounds simple in RMSG.DOC

Random Map scripts are text files that can be composed in any text editor. They must end with *.RMS and must be placed in the RANDOM directory.

Renaming with extension '.RMS' does not work and it refuses '*'. I copied, made a Word file and tried renaming again without success.

Now I have now a Word Document of 59 KB instead of the 8 KB of the Text file. What do I do next?

If it is complicated, like needing help files, could someone do it for me and send me the file please.
Didn't bother checking if someone has fixed this or not, but, tanneur, I sent you an email (and another one about my scenario) with unholy monks attached in a zip file with the .rms extension. I have tested it, and it does work.

EDIT: When I say works, I mean as in, it plays in AoK, but after examining the script, it has some issues...cause when i start, i start with a TC and 3 or 4 villagers (can't remember exact amount), and that's it. There are absolutely no resources but trees on the map. There are no commands to create any buildings what so ever that I have spotted....

Quoted from the description:
You start with 6 Villagers, 5 chu ko nu's, 2 monks, a monastry and NO TC! There is also an astonishing amount of food, gold and stone on the map, so be sure to check it all out. You can either get a desert map, or a frozen map.
Wrong, you start with 3 or 4 villagers (can't remember which), no Chu Ko Nu's, no Monks, no Monastry, and 1 TC. There is No food, gold and stone on the map, only trees. The frozen map works fine, and I have yet to hit a desert one....this RMS script does not do things correctly somewhere.

CRAZEDMANIAC
The Ever Changing Maze Progress: 73%
Download the new beta here!

Proud member of DGDN

[This message has been edited by Crazedmaniac (edited 08-23-2008 @ 11:25 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Blacksmith
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames