Previous incarnations and hosts:

Simfish: 2002
kevo: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
ax_man1: 2007
Scud: 2008
Lord Basse: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Popeychops: 2015
Major Helper: 2016

Well now, the year has ended and yet another batch of upstanding citizens forummers shall be lifted on the pedestal and pelted with rotten fruit lauded for their contributions during the year! Though the amount of voters may have fallen, all those who did vote (and many who didn’t) surely wish to thank those contributing to the continued existence of this forum. Without further ado, here they are (assuming no calculation errors, like the one where I forgot I existed and ignored all votes on me in some categories )!

1: The Good Samaritan Award (Most Helpful Forummer)

This year proves yet again why this community is such a keeper, beginning with how helpful most people are. This time the winner is the fresh face, Lord Sipia, with Moff and Major Helper not that far behind.

Lord Sipia: 11
Moff: 8
Major Helper: 7
John the Late: 5
HockeySam18: 5
oliver: 4
Leif Ericson: 3
Barbarossa89: 2
Kongouchud: 1
Popeychops: 1

2: Best Moderator (Oppression, yay!)

No community can prosper without those who uphold the order, ensuring that everyone can post without fear of trolls and other undesirables. Their mere presence is often enough to keep things rolling smoothly onwards. This year, yours truly manages to come out on top again, with Dead End also in second and Leif Ericson is joined by HockeySam18 and Mash in third.

Major Helper: 15
Dead End: 12
Leif Ericson: 6
HockeySam18: 6

Mash: 6
John the Late: 4
Mr Wednesday: 4
Popeychops: 2

3: Most Active Forummer aka the one(s) who just can’t. Stop. POSTING!

Continuing his roll for the fourth year straight, Moff keeps the steady flow of posts coming and the forum alive! Popeychops and Lord Sipia also contributed, landing in second and third.

Moff: 22
Popeychops: 10
Lord Sipia: 7
axman_1: 5
Elder Terrier: 5
CarolKarine: 3
Kongouchud: 2

4: Most Improved Forummer, also known as Forummer 2.0

Possibly this year’s most controversial voting topic. In the end, Moff nabs another shiny award, with Lildbehr in second and oliver and Kongouchud sharing the third.

Moff: 14
Lildbehr: 8
oliver: 3
Kongouchud: 3

Elder Terrier: 2
Leif Ericson: 2
Lord Sipia: 1

5: Nicest Forummer (the person you wouldn’t hesitate to introduce to your parents)

*discreetly hides a spiky bat*
Another factor that contributes to the forum ambience is how we have such a large crowd of nice folk! This year I, first for the fifth time running, am joined on the highest podium by Lord Sipia. On second comes Elder Terrier and HockeySam18 (a long time runner up in this category) and on third John the Late.

...A bat? What bat? There’re no bats, you must be mistaken!

Lord Sipia: 14
Major Helper: 14

Elder Terrier: 4
HockeySam18: 4

John the Late: 3
oliver: 2
Moff: 2
Mithril Knight: 2
Dead End: 1
Lurkur: 1
TriRem: 1

6: Funniest Forummer (The Stand-Up People. No, not the loyal type, the funny type, haw haw.)

Laughter brightens the day and lets you live longer. Let us therefore give many thanks to those who let us release those guffaws and giggles! Moff crosses the finish line in first, with Lord Sipia and axman_1 two and one thirds behind.

Moff: 15
Lord Sipia: 10
axman_1: 5
Major Helper: 4
Popeychops: 3
Mr Wednesday: 3
Lurkur: 2
oliver: 2
Julius999: 2
Mithril Knight: 1

7: The Einstein Award of Excellence (Most Intelligent Forummer)

Big brains and lengthy discussions help create more content than just the usual idle chatter. Popeychops, with oliver right behind have certainly proven themselves able in this category. Oh and Moff came in third.

Popeychops: 22
oliver: 18
Moff: 6
Kor: 5
Lord Sipia: 2
Julius999: 2
CarolKarine: 1

8: The Wise Sage Award (Wisest forummer)

This here is a new category, chosen by yours truly. Knowing how to put your words and when to follow the age old adage of “Speech is silver, silence is golden” is a sure sign of intelligence as well. Those whom people have thought have shown such wisdom this year were Lord Sipia, followed by oliver. I manage to quietly sneak in on third place.

Lord Sipia: 15
oliver: 12
Major Helper: 6
Moff: 4
Kor: 4
Julius999: 3
TheLaughingMule: 2

9: Most Badass Forummer (think Simo Häyhä)

*shrug* I may have chosen the description of this category a bit carelessly, coming in second after the clear multi-year winner axman_1, beating such characters as oliver and Mr Wednesday… *quickly moves on*

axman_1: 20
Major Helper: 7
oliver: 6
Mr Wednesday: 6

Lord Sipia: 4
Aro: 2
Vinyl: 2
Moff: 2
Mithril Knight: 1
Lord Basse: 1

10: Best Signature Design (ASCII, colouring, layout, all that)

The signatures of our regulars don’t tend to change all that much during the years, probably reflected by how even this category was, yet this time Lord Basse has been joined by me on the highest spot, beating Popeychops and Leif Ericson on second and four people on third. This podium is too small for all of us!

Lord Basse: 6

Popeychops: 5
Leif Ericson: 5

Devastator: 3
TheLaughingMule: 3
Mithril Knight: 3

Lord Sipia: 2
MrMew: 2
Lurkur: 1
Al_Kharn the Great: 1

11: Funniest Signature (quotes and all other coherent text)

Following the design choices, how you choose to fill that space under your posts is under scrutiny as well. Funny quotes and snippets are often a good choice, and clearly this year’s winner Lord Sipia knows what he’s doing, getting the combined votes of the second placers, Lurkur and me. Moff arrives in third, getting further awards to add to his collection.

Lord Sipia: 16
Lurkur: 8
Major Helper: 8

Moff: 5

12: Best Avatar

Another even category, with votes spread thin on many people. Moff manages to get the most votes, with me and Lord Sipia snapping on his heels.

Moff: 8
Lord Sipia: 5
oliver: 3
Kongouchud: 3
Lord Basse: 3
axman_1: 2
Mr Wednesday: 2
Mithril Knight: 2
Leif Ericson: 2

13: Most Missed Forummer

Many have left a large impression on us, and many have left, period. Those that we wish were still among us are many, with TheLaughingMule being the one most sought after. On second comes Dead End and the notorious Jetkill Fastmurder, while the third spot is nabbed by the loved forum dictator Aro!

TheLaughingMule: 15
Jetkill Fastmurder: 6
Dead End: 6

Aro: 5
Lord Basse: 4
Felix: 4
Devastator: 3
Choco Jeebus: 3
Sissi: 2
BF_Tanks: 1
DementoKing: 1
Possidon: 1

14: The “There’s Enough Of Us Already, Aaaagh!” Medal (Most likely to be a member of staff next)

Do we really need more staff?? *sigh* In any case, if/when we do, the following are considered the most likely, in this order: Lord Sipia, oliver, CarolKarine (who falls from his two consecutive first place finishes).

Lord Sipia: 11
oliver: 6
CarolKarine: 5
Lord Basse: 3
Devestator: 3
TriRem: 2

15: Best Splash Splash

‘twas a landslide victory for the Polandball Invasion! Clearly people liked the change of pace.

• Splash Splash LIX: Polandball Invasion!: 6
• Splash Splash LVIII - Making the Town Crier great...again: 1
• Splash Splash LVI - All aboard the SS ESS ESS!: 1
• Splash Splash LVII - The AoKH Splash Agency: 0

16: Best Noobie (must be under 1 year of activity)

*looks around, sees nothing but old fogies* …Not many new people here, huh? All the suggested people seemed too old as well so I’ll just say that we’re all the best noobies! Love you all!

17: The Forummer of the Year (Best all-around forummer)

Lord Sipia does it agaaaain! Congratulations to the (apparently) best forummer in all of AoKH (or the TC at least)! Coming in second is oliver and Moff gets third.

Lord Sipia: 15
oliver: 11
Moff: 9
Mash: 5
HockeySam18: 3
Mr Wednesday: 2
Major Helper: 1
Leif Ericson: 1
John the Late: 1

And with that, this year’s FotY has ended. Thank you VERY MUCH to everyone for existing! Good night and Happy New Year!

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-

[This message has been edited by Major Helper (edited 12-31-2016 @ 06:30 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-10-17 11:44 AM CT (US)     26 / 41  
Which one, there's like three of them now...
Pfft, the MAIN one!! The Lord of the Basses!
What do you mean, "now"? There's always been three. Lord Basse, "Other" Basse and Basse the Sex Offender. ...What, did you forget about that last one? Well, I didn't. I'll never forget.
That's like saying that "Mystic Aro" counted as one of the Aro's. He didn't. He's non-canon.
If it makes you feel any better, Dark_Aro, I didn't get any votes at all. How about a deal? Next year, I'll vote you in for everything, and you vote for me.
I'll vote for you in "Most Missed" if you vote for me in everything.

However, the other categories are up for grabs. For instance, you'd be a DISTANT 10th on Most Badass. Even if there are only 4 people here now.

Even Most Missed would be competitive though. Other White Meat... my son Morgoth... my adopted daughter, Fadawah... and yet, I have yet to speak to xyzomma over Skype.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 04-10-17 12:07 PM CT (US)     27 / 41  
Works for me. If you want, I can even make up a few categories to nominate you in.

Is there a sexiest forummer category?

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 04-10-17 02:17 PM CT (US)     28 / 41  
I'm pretty humbled by your votes despite having had so little presence here over the last half year. I even missed the voting! Thanks, guys.
posted 04-10-17 06:06 PM CT (US)     29 / 41  
Is there a sexiest forummer category?
There should be... and in my eyes, there always has been. Especially when I see your name on the screen.

But just to keep our bi-polared love-hate "will they or won't they?" relationship going, IT'S SPELT "FORUMER" you dick!!!

posted 04-10-17 06:17 PM CT (US)     30 / 41  
Nonsense. I'm zyx. I put the "mmm" in forummmer.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 04-10-17 08:45 PM CT (US)     31 / 41  
And you put the zyx in zyx'y.

(How do you think people pronounce your name? Because I pronounce it as "Zicks", or "Zicks-ah-mah".)

[This message has been edited by Aro (edited 04-10-2017 @ 08:46 PM).]

posted 04-10-17 08:52 PM CT (US)     32 / 41  
I can tell you how I pronounce it.

Zikes-ahma

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 04-10-2017 @ 09:09 PM).]

posted 04-10-17 09:14 PM CT (US)     33 / 41  
It sounds correct. It also sounds like something Shaggy says to Scooby. "Zikes, Scoob!"

That's... that's it. Xyzomma is basically a Scooby Doo catchphase. This explains the anger, nostalgia, and love he instills unto me.

Also, hi Leif. How's them ol' burnin' loins treatin' ya, my brother from anover muver?

[This message has been edited by Aro (edited 04-10-2017 @ 09:15 PM).]

posted 04-10-17 09:46 PM CT (US)     34 / 41  
Ah ah, better question, pheasant. WHO ARE YOOOOOOOOOU trying to kid when you act like you don't know me? Come on! Aro? AoKH Dictator Aro? The Aro who was totally big in the 2004's-2009's? And some of the 2010's Aro? And 2011's too maybe, that Aro? Perhaps 2012's, but I'm not sure when I left technically, Aro? Dick Joke Cult of Personality Aro? Aro the leader of the Arocratic Party? Town Crier's father and God Aro? That orange guy who's acting unprofessional and doesn't ever post in forums that aren't Town's Crier because he doesn't play anymore, that Aro? You know? That one? Aro? Seraph of AoE3H and AoKH Aro? Probably would've been Seraph of other Heavens too if he didn't go crazy from stress Aro? Power-motivated Aro? Big Daddy Aro? Author of Dr. Evil Phil Aro? "Aro, you asshole" Aro? Giant paragraphs of texts Aro? Habitual quoting of every single comment Aro? Views Source on AoKH and eye twitches Aro? Dark_Aro? Bringer of Joy Aro? Originator of the phrase "you bet your sweet ass" Aro? Minnesotan Aro? Ax's real life father Aro? Author of the greatest screenplay entries Aro? People's Sexiest Man Alive Aro? One of the youngest Seraphs at HG until Dr. Lorenzo f*cked everything up for him Aro? How the hell do you compete with an 11 year old Seraph though, Aro? What can I do, STOP AGING, that's not practical, Aro? That Aro? You remember now?
Doesn't ring any bells.

Aw I get to be a pheasant? They have pretty feathers. And I'm MrMew.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 04-10-17 10:01 PM CT (US)     35 / 41  
Doesn't ring any bells.
You sure? Immortal enemy of Ax_man1? That Aro? The face that runs the place in this netspace, Aro? Aro, the only real life friend of Tom from MySpace? Aro the Magnificent? "The king and queen are naming their kid after Aro", that Aro? Aro D. Man, that Aro? Aro the Conqueror, winner of the Battle of 1066 were it not for that asshole Bill, Aro? Aro, the muse behind Shakespeare's more, shall we say, risque sonnets? Aro, founder of Aromazon.com, which would become Amazon.com, that one? Any bells? Aro, inventor of the bell? How about that? I invented rings, and bells ring, and I wrote this book called Lord of the Rings under my pseudonym "Jake aRo Rocks Tolkien", that Aro? "Fairly infamous round these parts" Aro? Anything?
Aw I get to be a pheasant? They have pretty feathers.
You're more of a penguin! You seem slippery and hard to get a hold of, but that's how I prefer my tuxedo-wearing victims.
And I'm MrMew.
Hi, I'm Aro. Perhaps you've heard of me. ... did you? Aro, inventor of Google? That Aro? "Oh, it's not really a project, it's more of a hobby" prolific God Aro? Aro "mp3" Aronsson, inventor of media files?

posted 04-10-17 11:13 PM CT (US)     36 / 41  
Congrats to all the winners!

Aro did you just wake up from a very glorious dream?

|E)\/
posted 04-11-17 03:44 AM CT (US)     37 / 41  
Hi, I'm Aro. Perhaps you've heard of me. ... did you? Aro, inventor of Google? That Aro? "Oh, it's not really a project, it's more of a hobby" prolific God Aro? Aro "mp3" Aronsson, inventor of media files?
Yeah... Nah... Can't say I have. Can I call you Arrow?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 04-11-17 10:13 AM CT (US)     38 / 41  
Aro did you just wake up from a very glorious dream?
More like I fell asleep and am having a nightmare. Somebody doesn't know who I am. Existential crisis. What if nobody knows who I am? What if I don't even know who I am?
Yeah... Nah... Can't say I have. Can I call you Arrow?
You most certainly can't! Are you positive though? Cuz I'm a pretty big name. Hashtag inventor #Aro? "Face on the side of milk cartons" Aro? They actually named the Arrow smybol after me... you've never seen me on the side of a FedEx truck? "You have failed this city", that Aro? Nothing? FBI's Most Wanted ft. Aro? I invented a genre of music... you may have heard of it... Rock & Roll? (Named after my other pseudonyms, AROck and AROll?)

posted 04-13-17 08:24 AM CT (US)     39 / 41  
The Green Aro - When he was a cherub
Broken Aro - After EXCO was done with him
Cupid's Aro - Who he is to me
Aro to the Knee - What I call his wall of text posts. Seriously, can't read those.
Flight of the Aro - What he did in 2012
FerrAro Rocher - What he tastes like.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 04-13-17 08:58 AM CT (US)     40 / 41  
FerrAro Rocher - What he tastes like.
You didn't say you were a cannibal?

|E)\/
posted 04-13-17 10:56 AM CT (US)     41 / 41  
Aro to the Knee - What I call his wall of text posts. Seriously, can't read those.
I sometimes take a look at the big sprawling walls of text and think, "Am I expecting anybody to actually read this?" But then I think about future generations coming upon one of my posts, seeing the individual chunks of gold that they are, and then writing long essays explaining how clever I am.
You didn't say you were a cannibal?
This is going to disturb you to your core, but: he's not.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » FotY 2016: the Fifteenth Annual Forummer of the Year Awards
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames