You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: All the legendary teams... gone?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 17 April 2004 06:29 AM EDT (US)   
Remember all those legendary design teams that designed such awesome scenarios and files for ES's games. They've all abandoned us... SCNPunk, Tsunami...etc. That or they've all died.

I had hoped that Merlord would rise up to be one of those legendary teams but it seems not. Now we have no legendary teams at all, we really ought to have some sort of new design team that will be so determined that they'd even make efforts to decorate their site with some fancy graphics from a graphics designer and maybe even buy a domain on the www. The legendary teams of the past had done just that and brung great files for the ES community.

It's such a shame they've all abandoned us

Please don't start discussing making a new legendary team now cos it probably won't work out...

Formerly Rider
Replies:
posted 17 April 2004 06:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 133  
The oldies might have abandoned you, new ones are upon us. AMBITION DESIGNS is very active at the moment.

We've received several hosting and web-design offers already, but are still exploring the www-world a bit before we buy a domain.

You might not find us a 'legendary team' yet, but I have a very good feeling about this team.

Quote:

Please don't start discussing making a new legendary team now cos it probably won't work out...

Oh, never mind then :P.

posted 17 April 2004 07:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 133  

Tsunami is still there, people working on scenarios over there too.

Punk has mainly moved onto Empires/DoF.

DGDN I frankly don't know, but have seen them around a bit.

Woad also has more concentration on Empires I beleive and some members are also designing for AoM.

The only thing is that when AoK/AoK:TC were out they were the games to design for, now there are too many games for which you can design.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 17 April 2004 08:17 AM EDT (US)     3 / 133  
DGDN has a few aom scns (tloa) (mine (currently suspeneded dew to computer problems)) and many aok/tc progects, all complicated and are in the middle of doing.

DGDN is still alive and running.

Quote:

The oldies might have abandoned you, new ones are upon us. MAP MAKERS is very active at the moment.

we use DOT.TK

You might not find us a 'legendary team' yet, but I have a very good feeling about this team.

:-P

[This message has been edited by ArcticWind7 (edited 04-17-2004 @ 08:18 AM).]

posted 17 April 2004 08:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 133  
hehe

@Archaeopterix: One of those offers were from me if you haven't noticed

Well, im glad DGDN is still with us Hope to see some releases from them.

Formerly Rider
posted 17 April 2004 08:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 133  
Hopefully the new MapMakers and Ambition designs will become better then.

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
Winner of the most underated forumer award!

posted 17 April 2004 09:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 133  
www.ambitiondesigns.tkis - although the pop-up add sucks - better then http://members.home.nl/thijswestera/ambition/aye? I'm aware of the fact that it looks cheap, but I had no choice. Once the community grows, prepare for a TRUE domain :P.

Yeah Kasei, I noticed :P.

posted 17 April 2004 10:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 133  
Woad still has Matei and Shiva, but I don't know if either are still working on AoM stuff, but I know Matei has planned to.

The rest of Woad is working on other games right now.

posted 17 April 2004 11:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 133  
i've always like woad, it has some awesome and talented members.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 17 April 2004 11:08 AM EDT (US)     9 / 133  
The Merlord Studios Freeware Department was closed due to development of our own game. Though I hope some fans did enjoy our work and for that we are very greatful, maybe one day we will come back to desiging another ES production, who knows?

Though for the time being, I hope everyone goodluck in there design teams and keep up the good work, I just hope some design team comes and introduces there self and shows a lot of effort and quality.

Cheers!

-CoReDooM

posted 17 April 2004 12:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 133  

Quote:

Woad still has Matei and Shiva, but I don't know if either are still working on AoM stuff, but I know Matei has planned to.

I'm still working for AoM at Woad too!

Although I just got RoN, so I'm going to start modding there too.

I'm glad I was on one "legendary" design team, Arcane Studios, with LoME before they fell apart.

[This message has been edited by waveslave610 (edited 04-17-2004 @ 12:07 PM).]

posted 17 April 2004 12:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 133  
All the teams still exist Just that they're not "legendary" anymore.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 17 April 2004 03:17 PM EDT (US)     12 / 133  

Quote:

Just that they're not "legendary" anymore

Woad pwnz HG, so you can call 'em legendary. Lookat all the 1337 people here

posted 17 April 2004 04:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 133  
It's turns out that some of those lame n00b design teams that everyone thought would fail made it. Considering how many teams get started in an average week, it's not surprising.

Of course, I remember when Woad was considered a n00b team.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 17 April 2004 05:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 133  
Tsunami Studios has definatly not gone anywhere.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 17 April 2004 05:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 133  

Quote:

Of course, I remember when Woad was considered a n00b team.

It never was. We started much before the "Make your own team" marathon, and we've gone strong since.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 17 April 2004 05:41 PM EDT (US)     16 / 133  

Quote:

We started much before the "Make your own team" marathon, and we've gone strong since.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 17 April 2004 06:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 133  
Yeah, Woad is on my list of legens too Bascially the 3 things to do to become legendary is probably...

• Get truely awesome designers and release legendary files (Ulio, anyone? )
  • Make a good site
  • Get a domain (this shows you have proper determination to make this team last forever )

Formerly Rider
  • posted 18 April 2004 01:34 AM EDT (US)     18 / 133  
    posted 18 April 2004 01:58 AM EDT (US)     19 / 133  
    didnt matei invent the norse wars scenario
    posted 18 April 2004 03:25 AM EDT (US)     20 / 133  
    posted 18 April 2004 04:21 AM EDT (US)     21 / 133  
    Map Makers was also out before the marathon, but didn't go any where at all untill the marathon (don't know why) but yeh........
    posted 18 April 2004 03:18 PM EDT (US)     22 / 133  
    Well, another reason teams may not be as well-known as before is because the community has changed. Scenarios take a very line time to make these days; therefore, people new to the community have never heard of the oldies. The older teams do not continually post on the boards either that they released a menu pack or a series of scenarios that took a week to make. You've just gotta let the scenarios talk for themselves and represent your team, and the oldies, Woad, TS, DGDN, Punk, etc. do that very well. Quality over quantity guys.

Byz
    Tsunami Studios
    "People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Byzantine_Warrior (edited 04-18-2004 @ 06:12 PM).]

posted 18 April 2004 04:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 133  
    Yes, let's not forget "Wod."

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
    « . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
    posted 18 April 2004 05:37 PM EDT (US)     24 / 133  

Quote:

Map Makers was also out before the marathon, but didn't go any where at all untill the marathon (don't know why) but yeh........

Hmm, no.

posted 18 April 2004 07:20 PM EDT (US)     25 / 133  
    *ahem* A legendary team is one that was arround in AoK's time. Theres only 4 that still exist today, DGDN, Woad, Punk, and Tsunami, We call those "The Oldies"

Though all of them probably put out as much or even less content as the current new design teams that sprung up when AoM came out.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
    WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
    "But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
    ----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy (edited 04-18-2004 @ 07:21 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » All the legendary teams... gone?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames