You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question?! Post it here instead of spamming!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 71 72 73 74 75 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 10 July 2008 11:55 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question? You can post it here!

Please read the FAQ in this post before posting. Thank you!

These are the people whose question thread's died a happy death (reached the 2500th post). King Jared, ArticWind7, Paperfriend and Yeebaagooon I'm the new creator of the thread! This thread should have many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them. Except for questions about coding triggers, all of those questions can be answered here, in Invent00r's thread.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous five threads?
Yeebaagooon's Other Thread
Yeebaagooon's Thread
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics / zoom the camera out?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling? Greyshark has produced a very useful guide
But Yeebaagoon has found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9. Arrgghhh! Army deploy doesn't work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.
10, Where can I find (trigger name here)?
Most trigger packs, and all of nottuds Transform triggers, can be found in Invent00r's thread, and here's Nottud's Superpack(SuperPack contains transform trigger)
11. How can I rotate buildings in-game?
Download this and use your mouse scroll to rotate them.
12. How do I install the files onto my game from this website?
When you unzip the file, cahnge the directory to... C:/Program Files/ Microsoft Game/ Age of Mythology/ Scenarios.
13. Why can't I change the Son Of Osiris' attack?
You can't change the Son of Osiris' attack because it is counted as a special attack, and thus it is unchangeable.
14. Is there a way to change Mother Nature's (Player 0's) god?
Use this.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-21-2009 @ 10:53 AM).]

Replies:
posted 13 February 2009 10:13 AM EDT (US)     1801 / 2505  
Dimir, even if you could transform the arrows to fire, the fire object animates too slowly. To see what I mean, try to grab a fire object (not the first dusty looking one) in the editor and move it around with the mouse. Since it animates at only a few times/second, you leave pieces of it behind which are very thin looking.

Now did you know that you can 'fly' the fire objects around? Like the implode sphere, you can use ALT keys and tilt it up/down (even though it doesn't look tilted) and use the up arrow and it will fly up above the surface of the map into any position and stay there. And.. if you use ALT-UP/Down/Left/Right you can really change the way it looks. A few of those might give the look you want..

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 13 February 2009 10:56 AM EDT (US)     1802 / 2505  
still waiting on an answer for my lighting question

"If you're not free, fight for your freedom. If something's holding you back, smash it. If you just accept thing in your life, nothing will change."
-- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
posted 13 February 2009 11:20 AM EDT (US)     1803 / 2505  
I use nottud's zSetAdvancedLighting myself (though it doesn't have a fade option ), but Set Lighting just needs the 'Set name' to be spelled correctly. The list of available lightings can be viewed by opening the lighting tool (a lightbulb button I believe) and choosing from the dropdown list in there. You can add your own lightings by creating a .lgt file and putting it in the program files/microsoft games/age of mythology/data folder with the others. If you search the forums you'll probably find a tutorial on it.

oh and I think that Lure alternate name is 'animal attractor' in case you haven't figured it out from the previous help.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 13 February 2009 11:52 AM EDT (US)     1804 / 2505  
i DID enter the Set Lighting trigger and set the name(from night lighting to dawn) but it still doesnt work

"If you're not free, fight for your freedom. If something's holding you back, smash it. If you just accept thing in your life, nothing will change."
posted 13 February 2009 12:00 PM EDT (US)     1805 / 2505  
Nick the Hun and Swift Sword, thanks for your replys back but im not trying to change her lightning attack. On a preist, his attack is 2 and is ranged pierce. On Circe he attack is 100 and is ranged crush. Of course i wanted to up the preist attack but for some reason it won't let me lower circe's attack.
posted 13 February 2009 12:21 PM EDT (US)     1806 / 2505  
Oshron, it's case sensitive and you need a time.

airnomad, you can't modify Circe or Son Of Osiris attack because technically it's a special attack.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 13 February 2009 12:33 PM EDT (US)     1807 / 2505  
thanks, yeeb

posted 13 February 2009 04:07 PM EDT (US)     1808 / 2505  
How do I render the sky for Cinematics?, because Iam sick of having to look at blackness.

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 13 February 2009 04:41 PM EDT (US)     1809 / 2505  
Thanks Yeeb. Can someone help me out with this one(sorry im asking a lot of questions). I have a gaia settlement inside a troy wall that is also gaia's. What i want to know how to do is whenever a player starts a settlement within that wall, that the wall will automatically become that players wall.

lol ya know, that doesn't make much sense to me but maybe it does to some of yall. Sorry I don't know any technical terms for this game.

[This message has been edited by airnomad (edited 02-13-2009 @ 06:08 PM).]

posted 13 February 2009 08:48 PM EDT (US)     1810 / 2505  
If lightning attacks can't be changed, then does that mean that Statue of Lightning and Osiris can't be changed either?
posted 13 February 2009 10:38 PM EDT (US)     1811 / 2505  
Ok i got the gate of the wall around the settlement to become mine once I built the settlement using the convert effect. But I had to set it so that, that will only happen for me. how do I set it so any player that takes that settlement will also have the wall?

[This message has been edited by airnomad (edited 02-14-2009 @ 00:12 AM).]

posted 14 February 2009 01:27 AM EDT (US)     1812 / 2505  
Why thank you Elrich that's a nifty trick and could quiet possibly give me the effect im looking for

And if you use gastraphetes and modify flaming arrow speed to -3 as well as modifying # of projectiles to 5 you get a decent effect....

**********EDIT*******

Airnomad why dont you duplictae the trigger you Just used to make it for you and then change the player it converts for to another player just keep doing that until you've covered all the players

The freer I get, the higher I go
The higher I go, the more I see
The more I see, the less I know

-Ram Dass

[This message has been edited by Dimir_Guildmage (edited 02-14-2009 @ 01:30 AM).]

posted 14 February 2009 05:17 AM EDT (US)     1813 / 2505  
I use nottud's zSetAdvancedLighting myself (though it doesn't have a fade option ), but Set Lighting just needs the 'Set name' to be spelled correctly. The list of available lightings can be viewed by opening the lighting tool (a lightbulb button I believe) and choosing from the dropdown list in there. You can add your own lightings by creating a .lgt file and putting it in the program files/microsoft games/age of mythology/data folder with the others. If you search the forums you'll probably find a tutorial on it.
I did try to make a fade option by makeing the game create the lighting with the colours specified and then fading into it but you have to restart the game for the lighting to appear so it is useless.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-14-2009 @ 05:18 AM).]

posted 14 February 2009 07:01 AM EDT (US)     1814 / 2505  
disregard - I'm going crazy ~ Steak

Edit: I found out what happened, I clicked 'Next Page' instead of 'page 37' then responded to the last question asked...

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 02-14-2009 @ 07:26 AM).]

posted 14 February 2009 09:37 AM EDT (US)     1815 / 2505  
I can't find the arrow ship cladding tech anywhere in the 'set tech status' trigger. Does it have a different name?

Also, cant find panteconter in 'unit create'
Please help!

[This message has been edited by david_blue13 (edited 02-14-2009 @ 10:58 AM).]

posted 14 February 2009 10:52 AM EDT (US)     1816 / 2505  
I've been searching high and low, but cannot find a guide for creating random map scripts. Could someone help me with this?
posted 14 February 2009 11:04 AM EDT (US)     1817 / 2505  
=/ i googled and found it for you dudminmyth

http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/rms

-Ram Dass
posted 14 February 2009 11:38 AM EDT (US)     1818 / 2505  
Anyone gonna answer my question?

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 14 February 2009 11:47 AM EDT (US)     1819 / 2505  
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,9037,0,10

there you go healy.....

-Ram Dass
posted 14 February 2009 12:25 PM EDT (US)     1820 / 2505  
It doesnt matter. azeusdude told me .

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 14 February 2009 01:40 PM EDT (US)     1821 / 2505  
I have a question.
Is it possible to have a condition which counts how many
resources a villager has with him?

Je moeder is zo scheef dat ze wordt aangereden door een geparkeerde auto.
posted 14 February 2009 02:10 PM EDT (US)     1822 / 2505  
No there is nothing that can record the resources a unit is carrying... That came pretty much word for word from SwordOfValor when i asked about something similar

-Ram Dass
posted 14 February 2009 07:08 PM EDT (US)     1823 / 2505  
You can sort of do it indirectly. If you're checking the resources of a single unit (example for an RPG one objective is gather 10 wood), but if you want to check if any villager in a town has reached 10 wood there will be trouble.

If you use the Unit Action condition with ActionID=5 (gather) and Units in Area to see if there is a tree near the vill, you can tell pretty well if the villager is chopping wood, and then you keep track of how long it spends chopping wood to figure out the wood carried.

Would that work for you?

<Condition name="Unit Action">  
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" varType="string">0</Param>
<Param name="SrcObject" dispName="Unit" VarType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="zActionID" dispName="Action ID" VarType="long">9</Param>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command>for(id=0;>1){} id = kbGetBlockID("%SrcObject%"); </Command>
<Command>xsSetContextPlayer(%PlayerID%);</Command>
<Expression>kbUnitGetActionType(id) == %zActionID%</Expression>
</Condition>
posted 15 February 2009 08:01 AM EDT (US)     1824 / 2505  
In my cinematic Iam having an issue, the Dialogue cuts itself off, What do I do to solve this issue?

Coming Soon...
Something Intresting...
posted 15 February 2009 09:17 AM EDT (US)     1825 / 2505  
@ HailToTheOboe
Well I don't know if I did something wrong or if it is the trigger but it isn't working properly.
It works when I gather from a gold mine, a berry bush and a farm but not when i'm chopping wood or gathering from animals.

Je moeder is zo scheef dat ze wordt aangereden door een geparkeerde auto.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 71 72 73 74 75 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question?! Post it here instead of spamming!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames