You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 66 67 68  Next Page »
posted 23 July 2010 11:41 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    Replies:
    posted 26 May 2020 10:52 PM EDT (US)     1676 / 1689  
    Hey everyone!

I've seen on some scenarios the usage of the hotkeys as a condition for many purposes, but I can't figure it out how to use it to make spells or special skills.

As an example, I want to use the "A" to heal the selected hero or use the "D" to damage every nearby enemy.

(Sry if my English hurts)
    posted 27 May 2020 04:56 AM EDT (US)     1677 / 1689  
    You will need the hotkey trigger files, here.

Depending on your game mode I'd just have hotkey 'a' in game or eathquake mode (remember to turn earthquake mode on) and then have that fire an event that damages the hero by -50.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 30 May 2020 12:41 PM EDT (US)     1678 / 1689  
    hi there, i want to suggest a trigger, which will have an effect to change the ai mode of any player, for an example :

Trigger 1

Condition - Player Active - 2

Effect - Set A.i - aimilitaryprogress

thanks in advance
    posted 30 May 2020 02:44 PM EDT (US)     1679 / 1689  
    See here: https://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,30030,0,all

Yeebaagooon already answered your other similar question you made as thread.
    posted 31 May 2020 05:11 AM EDT (US)     1680 / 1689  
    Wow! thats some really cool stuffs! i didn't knew that, thanks much!
    posted 16 February 2021 04:09 AM EDT (US)     1681 / 1689  
    Dear Age of Mythology fans,

I have been having a trigger request in my mind, on and off, for years. In fact, if this could be done, I would play Age of Mythology all over again!

Unfortunately I never had the time to try doing it seriously since I was a teenager, circa. 2005.

The trigger request is simple: is there any way to update the statistics of a unit when it kills anything?

Basically I would like to set up a unit experience system where units gain stats when they kill other units.

Let's say I have some unit with two attack points, and it kills another unit. How to make a trigger that will give the surviving unit an additional attack point and, say, 5 additional healthpoints?

Note that this should happen when any unit kills any other unit, i. e. even the units which are not already there at the beginning of the game but created later on.

If that would be possible, that would be so great! In modern days, I only play RTS when I can build hero units by micromanaging some units until they survive so many fights that they become OP. Examples of these games are Celtic Kings or Warzone 2100. I just love it when RTS include some XP mechanisms. If I could somehow recreate it in AoM using triggers, that would be so great!

Best regards!

[This message has been edited by Glxblt76 (edited 02-16-2021 @ 04:10 AM).]

posted 16 February 2021 06:47 AM EDT (US)     1682 / 1689  
    Entirely possible and doesn't even need a new trigger.

Trigger: P1Level
    Active, looped, high priority

Condition:
    Quest Var Stat Value, Player1Next < Enemy Units killed (player 1)

Effects:
    Quest Var Modify (Player1Next(+however many kills for next level))
    Quest Var Modify (Player1Level(+1))
    Effect for levelling (modify protounit etc.)
    Maybe send chat ("+(1*trQuestVarGet("P1Level"))+")(That gives you their level)

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 20 February 2021 02:21 AM EDT (US)     1683 / 1689  
    Hi,

After some tests, apparently, this is intended to give the player experience and to modify a specific unit type (maybe a hero) as a consequence. This is not what I want. What I want is a generic XP system, that impacts not only a player or a unit type, but all players and all unit types, and only modifies the unit that kills another unit, and not any other unit on the map.

What I want is as follows.
    1- a unit kills another unit
    2- the surviving unit gains some stat, and ONLY this unit.

The unit is not necessarily here at the beginning of the scenario, and it can be ANY unit, even myth units, from ANY player, including computer players.

How can I do that?

[This message has been edited by Glxblt76 (edited 02-20-2021 @ 04:06 AM).]

posted 01 March 2021 02:15 AM EDT (US)     1684 / 1689  
    @GLxbit
    Unfortunately I am not aware of a way to detect which unit killed another unit. So if players control multiple units you can not determine which one killed the unit. You can however determine which player killed a unit. So if the player only has one unit you can modify use triggers to determine what that unit is and modify it.

I think it is possible however difficult to detect which unit has died and nearby units that belong to the enemy and then buff those units.

[This message has been edited by scragins (edited 03-01-2021 @ 02:18 AM).]

posted 12 August 2021 03:29 PM EDT (US)     1685 / 1689  
    Greetings everyone,

I'm relatively new to AoM after nearly 15 years of not having played the game and after a few weeks of playing I decided to get onto the editor mode to make my own scenario!
    I've already posted a few days ago (albeit in the wrong place) so I've decided to make it right this time and post here:

Is there a way to apply the {playername(*)} thing to change names on a cinematic?

Essentially I am trying to have a player's name to be displayed as part of dialogue between the players' characters, but it doesn't seem to apply as normally with a Change Name trigger. Instead, it displays {playername(1)} instead of the correct name I want.

It would be much appreciated, thanks
    posted 20 December 2021 04:42 AM EDT (US)     1686 / 1689  
    Hi everybody!!

I´ve got a couple questions about three triggers that im not being able to create.
    - The First one is about the Sleeping Guardian XP. I created an scenario where Son of Osiris XP starts "Healing" the guardian and the objetive is to avoid it. But im trying to create a trigger that, if the Son of Osiris heals the guardian, it Change Type Unite into Guardian XP (the walking one). But i cannot find the condition that triggers it correctly. I alredy tried with percent complete, percent damage...and they dont work.

- The second one is a general doubt about Timer condition. If i´d wanted to create an event that happens after some event occurs, but not inmediatly...for example: if you kill an army certain building converts to your team, and after a minute it grants you a new tech.

- Third and last one. How could i make an army appear in some point at the map?? Greek campaigns use this a lot, but im not able to find the way to reproduce it. Something like: when A happens, 20 hoplites and 10 toxotes appear in 1 corner of the map.

Thank you in advance!!!
    posted 30 April 2022 08:50 AM EDT (US)     1687 / 1689  
    @Peusterokos1: Not possible except for random maps where there is another command available.

@Kikunxinzo:

(1)Percent damaged worked for me I think. Otherwise have a look at the campaign.
    (2)Fire event a trigger with a timer - the second trigger will activate when the timer runs out
    (3)Army Deploy

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 04-30-2022 @ 08:52 AM).]

posted 20 May 2022 09:45 AM EDT (US)     1688 / 1689  
    An issue you might be having with percent damaged is that you might want 90% damaged, this would be “0.9” not “90”. A while since I have done scenario design so I might be wrong but percent/decimal does often catch people out. The same applies to armour values.
    posted 05 November 2023 01:35 PM EDT (US)     1689 / 1689  
    Edit: Fixed what I wanted

[This message has been edited by Nikson (edited 11-06-2023 @ 02:11 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 66 67 68  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames