You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25 26 27 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 01 February 2009 11:53 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use Azur's thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.

2. How do I install a trigger?
    When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AoM installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology by default). Now open the trigger folder if you intend to use the trigger in vanilla, or open the trigger2 folder if you use The Titans expansion. Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above < /Conditions>, if you requested an effect paste it right above < /Effects>. Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

1. When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.
    2. If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

3. How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

4. So... How exactly are new triggers made?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can parse XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a series of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, useful triggers.

5. Can I request anything?
    Although we can do a lot with today's knowledge, there are still limitation we won't ever get around. So if you think of a cool new trigger, make sure to post a request but don't forget you might get a negative reply. Commonly requested triggers that are not possible include (but are not limited to):

• Modify Unit: change the stats of 1 particular unit.
    • Change Playername
    • Change Major God
    • Transform ALL units on map for player
    • I'll add more when I think of them.

6. I want to learn trigger scripting, how do I do that?
    It takes quite some time, but if you really want to learn trigger coding, we recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers. Therefore, go here: Master XS (WIP). If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to create only simple triggers, read this guide.

7. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also linking camera tracks, using Run Immediately, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. Nottud's Latest Triggers by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. Target Protounit Query by HailToTheOboe

Miscellaneous:
  1. First TRT by invent00r
  2. Trigger Templates by Mephiles
  3. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform.
Example - Optional. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b] -
[b]Description[/b] -
[b]Example[/b] -

We might even ignore posts in other formats if we're in a bad mood
Remember that not all triggers are possible but we will try our best.

Unfinished Requests

• Unit Patrol by Bingo Little
  • Army Wander by Endarron
  • QV Damage Units in QV area by name by mrjonathan0
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit by dwieeb
  • Damage units in Area by % (has been done before?) by Steak And Khan
  • Most Units In Area by Sir_Hans
  • QV Modify x by satansfall
  • Move from area to random area by Mister SCP
  • Set Unit Formation by aZeusDude2
  • Army Deploy Random Myth Unit by bgan
  • QV Randomize Series by Alexgd92
  • Convert all except protounit (or unit) by Joshonator
  • SET Ambient Colour/Sun Colour/Sun Specular/Terrain Ambient Fade Version by andrewv42
  • Damage units near army by AJER
  • QV count units in area with state by AuroraP
  • QV Grant random resources per stat by AuroraP
  • Condition: Random Timer by SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy in line by SwordOfValor
  • Condition: unit (type/in area) worked on other unit. by WinstonShnozwick
  • Gruoup selected by Guard of Olympus
  • Pick Unit by XxXItachiXxX
  • Modify Protounit All Percent by AuroraP
  • Random Forest by Bubble

• Finished Requests

• Damage Units near protounit for sneaky_squirrel & mrjonathan0
  • Move units from area to unit for Azur
  • Clear Chat History of Player & Chat Contains Anything for Lewonas
  • QV Change unit type by ID for Yeebaagooon
  • Move to QV Unit for Yeebaagoon
  • QV Modify Protounit for Xzyiothe
  • Player Kill GP Slot for Titanic Kraken
  • Move all player units for Anstar
  • Protounit Change Name for Dimir_Guildmage
  • Shop start/end with max for Mephiles
  • Diplomacy trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Diplomacy both ways trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Modify protounit trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Convert trigger for Yeebaagooon
  • Make all units have no bonuses for Brighty
  • Conditional Army Units in Area for Sneaky_Squirrel
  • GROUP Select 2 for AuroraP
  • Send QV Color Chat for Alexgd92
  • Quest Var xModify for Alexgd92
  • QV Randomize 4 amounts for Alexgd92
  • QV Set Population Count for Beelzebub
  • Units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • Damage units in area of army for SwordOfValor
  • AG with armies for SwordOfValor
  • Army deploy QV Count for Silicone Ruff Jr
  • Quest Var set rank for gunner1
  • Convert units in area to random player for Zorx
  • Units Change Name By Type for beerad
  • Army deploy where the units facing for SwordOfValor
  • Unit Heading Towards Unit for Noble
  • Convert Random Units In Selection for xEXOLARx
  • QV Set Units in Area (Center Army) for SwordOfValor
  • Move Units from Area (action) for SwordOfValor

• Enjoy.
    Last updated: 03 september 2009

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 01-16-2010 @ 08:01 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 06 August 2009 02:46 PM EDT (US)     601 / 2506  
    ugh ugh, any has ideas up for my request? or it's just not possible?
    posted 06 August 2009 04:29 PM EDT (US)     602 / 2506  
    posted 07 August 2009 11:05 AM EDT (US)     603 / 2506  
    @Nick: I don't believe you can tell if a sound or music file has ended, but if YOU were the one that started it and knew how many seconds it runs for, then YOU can know when it is ending. I have envisioned a music manager system for my Thrynn scenario that I *might* program and use in it.

Here's the idea. For the music in the background, say during battle, I think of it this way:

1. Music starting intro
    2. music loops at a low level (repeats)
    3. music bridges from the low level to the high level
    4. music loops at a high level (high=more exciting)
    5. Music ending

so you have a music manager effect on loop and you communicate to it via quest vars(QV). You set a QV that tells it 'start the music'. It then plays the song-part specified as the intro (1). You also tell it how many seconds long the intro is. The manager remembers the exact time it started the sound and then when it is about to end (start time + length compared to current scenario time), it then moves into phase 2 - play the low level (of excitement) sound and wait for it to end. If at the end of playing 2, the QV doesn't change, it will re play 2 and wait again. If it is asked through the QV to step up the excitment level, it will play 3 and wait for it to finish, then play 4 and wait for that to finish and repeat 4 if an ending isnt asked for. If and ending is asked for, it will play 5 and when it is finished, it will disable itself.

Sounds 2 and 4 need to sound good if looped over and over again. I have made sound loops like this using Holst's Uranus the Magician. I have not programmed the effect to know if this is practical or not, but I think it could be. If you make the loops relatively short, then it can react somewhat quickly to a change. Again, this is only a theory and it might have gaps between the sounds, but that could be adjustable. It might just work...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 07 August 2009 12:22 PM EDT (US)     604 / 2506  
    QVs containing the duration of the sound file (manually input) and using that QV in the timer condition should work. (if you want, you can use one trigger for the music, and change the filename using QV strings)

For looping, the transition is tough, almost always a click or a gap or overlap. In Prime, I tried to do a bit of a cross-fade, but you lose sound quality at the transition.

What I would do now (didn't do it then) would be to play some ambient sounds at about the time of the transition to try to mask the music just for that instant.
    There'll probably be some sounds that make sense in the context of the game that'll be just enough to draw your ear away from the music transition without drowning it out.
    posted 07 August 2009 12:29 PM EDT (US)     605 / 2506  
    ugh ugh, any has ideas up for my request? or it's just not possible?
    Dono if this would work but can't you just open the music file with windows media player, figure out how long it is, then make the first music trigger fire that one and use the condition timer for however long the song is?

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
    posted 07 August 2009 01:47 PM EDT (US)     606 / 2506  
    @ Joshonator, thats exactly what i'm planning to do. I'm not that great enough yet to do what Elrich said. I just got home from work so my mind isn't clear yet 11 I'm just sticking to my own idea which Joshonator explained previously.
    posted 09 August 2009 10:20 AM EDT (US)     607 / 2506  
    Attention all frustrated trigger requestors:
    I have some free time finally and can take a stab at making what you need. I'm not sure at this point what is still pending, so please re-request what you need.

Thank you
    -mgmt.

posted 09 August 2009 06:12 PM EDT (US)     608 / 2506  
    Finally my lord, it is time to strike...*jumps out of the darkness*

I need my unfinished request to be fulfilled by midnight or I will die, I requested it months ago.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 09 August 2009 06:54 PM EDT (US)     609 / 2506  
       <Effect name="Conditional Units in Area (army)">
    <Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="Center Army" VarType="group">0,0</Param>
    <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" VarType="player">0</Param>
    <Param name="ProtoName" dispName="Protounit" VarType="protounit">Unit</Param>
    <Param name="Dist" dispName="$$22303$$Radius" VarType="float">10</Param>
    <Param name="Op" dispName="$$22297$$Operator" VarType="operator">==</Param>
    <Param name="Count" dispName="$$22304$$Count" VarType="long">1</Param>
    <Command>for(Qid=0;>1){}</Command>
    <Command>for(oldPlayer=xsGetContextPlayer();>99){}</Command>
    <Command>for(id=0;>1) {}</Command>
    <Command>for(Pid=xsVectorGetX(vector(%SrcArmy%,0));>Pid+1){} for(Aid=xsVectorGetY(vector(%SrcArmy%,0));>Aid+1){}</Command>
    <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(Pid); id = kbArmyGetUnitID(Aid,0);</Command>
    <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(%PlayerID%); kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();</Command>
    <Command>Qid=kbUnitQueryCreate("QUIA_%PlayerID%_%ProtoName%");</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(Qid, %PlayerID%, true);</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(Qid, kbGetProtoUnitID("%ProtoName%"));</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetPosition(Qid, kbUnitGetPosition(id));</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetMaximumDistance(Qid, %Dist%);</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetAscendingSort(Qid, true);</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetState(Qid,2);</Command>
    <Command>if(kbUnitQueryExecute(Qid) %Op% %Count%){</Command>
    </Effect>

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 08-09-2009 @ 06:55 PM).]

posted 10 August 2009 02:13 PM EDT (US)     610 / 2506  
    I really need this Trigger:

Name: Modify Unit

Effect: Modify the stats of a single unit

posted 10 August 2009 03:15 PM EDT (US)     611 / 2506  
    Change Civilization would be an awesome trigger! Has someone already done it?

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 10 August 2009 03:33 PM EDT (US)     612 / 2506  
    You can set a civilization name, forgot the effect name. You can't change civs in a game, though.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 10 August 2009 03:45 PM EDT (US)     613 / 2506  
    Unit Heading Towards Unit

I know its been requeste before but i strongly urge anybody that can do it to please create a trigger like this. For example If move up to another unit and select it i want so it faces towards my unit dependless on which direction Im facing it. Please, I really need this to finish my Rpg. You will be credited in the start of the game.

Kai

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 10 August 2009 06:17 PM EDT (US)     614 / 2506  
    I would like to get trigger(s) that are a condition(s) for if you press a certain key on the keyboard, then it will fire the effect. I know that it has been done with the groups 1-9, but that could be painfully limited and with the buildings you select it could cause problems, so I want to get a condition so you can select an actual key on the keyboard like a letter or something. I would be so happy if this could be made.

Also, I am wondering if a condition could be made that checks if you are acually seeing something in the game in the main UI window. Not like units in line of sight. I mean if the actual window screen is looking at something in the game, and then I would be able to fire the effect.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 10 August 2009 07:31 PM EDT (US)     615 / 2506  
    @Wyndninja, Guard of Osiris
    nope.
    I also have a related request, slightly deeper. Does anyone know how to make the Math_atan() function work for angles of around ~135 degrees?
    I would like to get trigger(s) that are a condition(s) for if you press a certain key on the keyboard, then it will fire the effect. I know that it has been done with the groups 1-9, but that could be painfully limited and with the buildings you select it could cause problems, so I want to get a condition so you can select an actual key on the keyboard like a letter or something. I would be so happy if this could be made.
    It certainly can be done. For singleplayer it is pretty straightforward, for multiplayer it is possible with an added layer of complexity.

The problem is that hotkeys have enormous potential for misuse and abuse. If you map new hotkeys, they stay in action as long as AoM stays open. Do you have plans of a method to reset the hotkeys to their previous functions when someone wins? Loses? Quits? Disconnects?

What if the triggers get into the wrong hands and someone makes scenarios that assign every key on the keyboard and every button on the mouse to resign? These keys will stay for the next game, and every game until you reboot AoM.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 08-10-2009 @ 07:31 PM).]

posted 10 August 2009 08:57 PM EDT (US)     616 / 2506  
    Ok then , what about my second request about a condition. How if the actual UI game screen is seeing something, not just player line of sight.

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    posted 11 August 2009 12:38 PM EDT (US)     617 / 2506  
    There is a "Unit Selected" condition. I'm not sure if it's good enough for you, but it's the only one close to that. At least it's the best condition if you, like me, have not downloaded any trigger packs.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 11 August 2009 12:53 PM EDT (US)     618 / 2506  
    yes, i know of the unit selected, but it is completely different. I dont want to be seeing a certain unit, i mean if i am looking at an area of the map through my main game ui window, then i could start effects.

posted 11 August 2009 01:10 PM EDT (US)     619 / 2506  
    Then I don't know of one, but I'm not great at triggers, and I'm sure someone who knows a lot about triggers will help you. Good luck with your project!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
    posted 11 August 2009 06:24 PM EDT (US)     620 / 2506  
    posted 12 August 2009 11:06 AM EDT (US)     621 / 2506  
    @Hail re: atan(): what precision do you need? Because you could just make an array of pre calced angles and reference that.

posted 12 August 2009 01:21 PM EDT (US)     622 / 2506  
    Army deploy where the units facing
    Based on finding the heading and deploying a certain choseable distance away.

"once you have the heading, you should know how much +-X or +-Y to deploy relative to the center units coordinates"

This trigger would be amazing. AMAZING I tell you. Can anyone do it for me!! It would be a challenge but would open up some great things!

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 12 August 2009 01:57 PM EDT (US)     623 / 2506  
    Hey could I get an EFFECT for change name protounit? So even if I make more of a unit during the game, they would all still be called something I wanted.

posted 12 August 2009 03:08 PM EDT (US)     624 / 2506  
    My last request went unanswered or with little notice...
    Here it is again:

I know its been requeste before but i strongly urge anybody that can do it to please create a trigger like this. For example If move up to another unit and select it i want so it faces towards my unit dependless on which direction Im facing it. Please, I really need this to finish my Rpg. You will be credited in the start of the game.

I know some one out there can do this please I would very much appreciate it.

Kai

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 12 August 2009 07:47 PM EDT (US)     625 / 2506  
    Army deploy where the units facing
    I tried this one, but the problem is there is no good function for finding an arbitrary units heading.

trUnitGetHeading() is off by 180 degrees half the time.
    Elrich made a heading tracker where you choose a unit and it finds the heading and repeatedly compares its position to a reference point to guess the direction (+ or - ).

So, my question is, "the units facing" is that going to be one (or few) specific units, or do you need to be arbitrary units that will be popping up all over the place?

If it's just a few units, you could use EL QV Set Unit Heading for each, and I could make "Army Deploy at QV Heading to unit" or whatever, where you put the QV that contains the heading of that unit.

Is that what you're looking for?
    It did not go unnoticed. I tried it for dwieeb months ago but I found that it didn't work for headings of about ~135 degrees or 315 degrees due to the inverse tangent function in the trigger loader. That is why I asked if anyone (Freak or invent00r ) had a solution for the Math_atan() problem when you requested.

For this use, I'd only need Math_atan to be accurate to 2-3, maybe even 5 degrees so Elrich's idea of a table look-up would probably be fine.

Here is the exact nature of the inverse tangent problem:

It is correct at -1 and -2, and completely wrong everywhere inbetween.
    I tried to correct it by using more terms from the taylor series and it just runs away farther haha
    Hey could I get an EFFECT for change name protounit? So even if I make more of a unit during the game, they would all still be called something I wanted.
    I went back in time and fulfilled your request. Check the previous page, or maybe the page before that.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 08-12-2009 @ 08:50 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 23 24 25 26 27 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames